Malazan Empire: The "Post what ever the hell" you want thread - Malazan Empire

• 79 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The "Post what ever the hell" you want thread (Within the limits of the Code of Conduct, you perverts)

#1341 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 July 2019 - 02:51 AM

So, I guess the latest bullshit that has captured people's rewired brains, short attention span nonsense is this call to storm Area 51.

Air Force warns against storming Area 51 as Facebook event reaches 1.5 million attendees

I don't know much about it, and don't really care, tbh. But I guess some initial strategies are being proposed on the most effective way to do it. Some video has leaked that shows a 'dry run' of one of the approaches being considered.

#1342 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:05 AM

I considered making a thread about this area 51 thing. It's kinda fun in a people are incredibly stupid kinda way.

I hope the military prepares some non-lethal equipment. Claymore mines full of rubber balls, shockwave canons, super teargas. Just every form of ordinance that they don't normally get to test in a live scenario.

Hopefully both sides film it and we get a ton of entertainment.

#1343 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 19 July 2019 - 08:13 PM

Makes sense that there's a Rectum in The Netherlands really ...

https://www.escape.c...8017a6776ee78e9
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#1344 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 July 2019 - 06:39 PM

View PostAptorian, on 18 July 2019 - 04:05 AM, said:

I considered making a thread about this area 51 thing. It's kinda fun in a people are incredibly stupid kinda way.

I hope the military prepares some non-lethal equipment. Claymore mines full of rubber balls, shockwave canons, super teargas. Just every form of ordinance that they don't normally get to test in a live scenario.

Posted Image

#1345 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:49 AM

50 accents in 5 minutes. Putting them altogether like this makes some of the broader ones really stand out.

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#1346 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:20 PM

So I have been packing my things which got me to wondering.

One of the few books I am planning on taking with me, otherwise these days I am a kindle man, is Night of Knives by ICE. It was actually a gift by another forum member way back in the day, he was luckily enough to receive two due to a shipping error. Anyway when it was first published I guess the publishers were not confident that ICE would sell, so they sold I think 500 or 1000 copies of a limited harcdover that had bothe ICE and SE signature inside the book. It was quite expensive way back in the day.

The other day I came across a thread on reddit which was all about people tracking down signed copies of malazan books. Anyway I have no intention to sell, Im just curious. Is this book worth anything these days or did the second and subsequent printings of Night of Knives reduce the value.

#1347 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 July 2019 - 06:08 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 21 July 2019 - 03:49 AM, said:

50 accents in 5 minutes. Putting them altogether like this makes some of the broader ones really stand out.

Can vouch for the western Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh) part. When my family used to visit my Uncle's farm during the summer, our cousins used to refer to me, and my brothers & sisters as 'yinz' or 'yinz guys'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yinz

Also, California, heh.

#1348 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 July 2019 - 06:42 PM

Fred Armisen (I know a lot of people hate him but I like him) does a great bit in his standup act -- it's in the Standup for Drummers special he did, I think -- where he essentially does that video himself, going around the country doing all the accents and describing them in funny ways. I'm sure The Californians originated with him and Hader just messing around at SNL doing impressions back and forth. The scene from his special isn't on youtube but you can find various examples of him doing USA and worldwide accents.

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#1349 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 31 July 2019 - 05:49 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 20 July 2019 - 06:39 PM, said:

View PostAptorian, on 18 July 2019 - 04:05 AM, said:

<previous pic>

Posted Image

#1350 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 31 July 2019 - 08:16 AM

Looks about the same age as the actress in the new movie ...

#1351 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 August 2019 - 02:57 PM

Well, duh. I mean, everyone knows Canada is full of dildos. There's even a few that are regulars here.Posted Image

Posted Image

#1352 User is offline   Honey-Badger 

• Recruit

Posted 03 August 2019 - 04:54 PM

Now Iīve done it and integrated the Malazan Book of the Fallen into my Hobby: Larp (Live action roleplaying)
The costume is for an Imperial Malazan Army-Mage from "Seven Cities", Tribe: GralI tried to achieve a video-game-/comiklook.
Malazan nerds may connect the black feather on the hood to the number 7 in the Army-Patches.I also designed the crossbow, it should remind of a Machine-Pistol, because Malazan-Larp is imho "High-Fantasy-Vietnam". I also invented a Weaponsdealer/-smith for "Seven Cities" by taking a word and make it into the Name of the company: Aren-Steel, arming the Empire since 719 B.S. So the crossbow is the Aren-Steel Streetfighter designed for fighting in cties and buildings, at least thatīs the thought behind it.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
By Fenerīs hairy balls...

#1353 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 03 August 2019 - 04:57 PM

The bowl-like plate on the chest. What's its function?

#1354 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 03 August 2019 - 05:34 PM

View PostAptorian, on 03 August 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

It's the uni-breastplate.

Badger, this is badass! Can we get a pic of it on someone?

#1355 User is offline   Honey-Badger 

• Recruit

Posted 04 August 2019 - 10:59 AM

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 03 August 2019 - 05:34 PM, said:

View PostAptorian, on 03 August 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

It's the uni-breastplate.

Badger, this is badass! Can we get a pic of it on someone?

Iīm waiting currently for pics of the latest Larp-Event Iīve participated. The Drachenfest 2019. The Costume was updated afterwards, this is the latest version. Ah Iīve allmost forgot, importand for the Malazan-Army-Feeling are imho quotes from Imperator Kellanved. So invented one and wrote it on the Backback: "First dominate, than liberate." In your opinions, is it fitting for a Kellanved-Quote?
By Fenerīs hairy balls...

#1356 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 August 2019 - 11:45 AM

There's that inscription above a city gate, think it's in Unta: Elements in Opposition

#1357 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 August 2019 - 07:33 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 29 June 2019 - 07:52 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 19 June 2019 - 01:23 PM, said:

Ok, ray-tracing.

Both Sony and Microsoft have said their next gen consoles will take full advantage of it. For you forumites who walk right up to the bleeding edge of technology and look over, can you please explain to me what 'ray tracing' is? - what it is and what it means and why will it transform video gaming as we know it? Also, some examples would be great too. Supposedly, video game journalists who got to see the latest Cyberpunk 2077 closed door game play demonstration said it's flippin' amazing.

Yeah, I know I said I would ask about cryptocurrency / blockchain, but saving that for another time.

And regarding 'ray tracing', none of you worthless turds who profess to stay ahead of the bleeding edge of technology, you didn't even give me an attempt, so ima just leave this right here. Not sure what it means - ray tracing is all hype? or it's going to reorganize our thinking about how video games look going forward?
Posted Image

Some actual application of ray tracing on display at Gamescon

Ray Tracing Comes To Minecraft And It Looks Fabulous On NVIDIA RTX

Mega-Hit Minecraft Looks Amazing With Ray Tracing Makeover On NVIDIA RTX

Damn, I can see this technology taking the immersion of survival horror games to the next level. Or adding more realism to action-adventure puzzle exploration games (like the Tomb Raider series).

#1358 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:30 AM

The idea of terraforming mars seems to be getting more coverage and press than ever. If we ever get the scientific ability to truly explore the stars I'm all for colonizing everything we can.

However one simple question bothers me, if we can terraform mars we surely have the tech to terraform earth. Or rather if we can make mars earth we could surely figure out how to clean up our oceans and atmosphere etc. This idea that we have to escape a doomed earth baffles me.

#1359 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:18 AM

I don't think it's so much Earth's potential as it's the drive to expand, to find more land, more resources, to escape potential global extinction events, etc. To earn money really.

#1360 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:15 PM

I think the principal problem is energy. How do you power the machines to do all the clean up/terraforming? We either need to get really good at solar power, or we need to crack fusion.

Share this topic:

• 79 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users