Malazan Empire: Cause - The Malazan Yank! - Malazan Empire

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cause - The Malazan Yank! Tell me about the land of the Free, the home of the Brave!

#161 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 December 2018 - 01:23 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 30 November 2018 - 07:47 PM, said:

I've more then once asked a person to turn off their phones or I would get the usher. They shut it down real fast. One time I asked a girlfriend of some guy to do the same. She tried to get her boyfriend involved, but when he turned around to have a look at who he would be dealing with, he quickly turned around and tried to be discreet about waving her to comply with my request. Lets just say the phone went off.

Because you had your flesh rod in hand, ready to give them a whack?

#162 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:21 AM

So besides the Grand canyon is there anything worth doing or seeing in poenix? It looks like the answer is no.

#163 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:05 PM

According to Tripadvisor, they have a fantastic musical instruments museum. And a hole in a rock. And a zoo.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#164 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:26 PM

View PostCause, on 04 December 2018 - 08:21 AM, said:

So besides the Grand canyon is there anything worth doing or seeing in poenix? It looks like the answer is no.

First during the summer it is fucking hot. Not mildly hot but fucking hot. Easily in the 48 C (120 F ) during the summer months. So bare that in mind. There is a ton of stuff to see in the deserts around Zona. If you are going to the Grand Canyon I believe that most people go via Vegas and not Phoenix.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#165 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:06 PM

There's an X-Men joke here but it's too easy to bother.

Phoenix is mostly outdoorsy stuff. Parks, Mountains, Trails, etc. Worth some hiking, picnicking, etc.
There are a number of companies you can pay to guide you on an ATV through some glorious scenery, stop somewhere for an excellent lunch, then somewhere else to fire automatic weapons at targets until your hands go numb. It's actually more fun than it sounds
And if the State Fair is on when you're there, go. Go hungry.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#166 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 20 December 2018 - 10:31 AM

Okay boys on a less exciting note,

What are the best chain restuarants to try in the US when rying t have a relatively cheap lunch or dinner?

IHOP
Shake Shack
Ben and Jerries for ice cream?

#167 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 December 2018 - 01:38 PM

Well, if you've never been, you have to try Olive Garden and Applebees. Not great dinning or anything (not that horrible either, imo). But you have to try them and decide for yourself if they are worth all the jokes. And then of course, if you get that 'baby back rib' song stuck in your head, then you have to try Chili's.

But I wouldn't make this a high priority. Instead, I would talk to the locals (wherever your travels take you) or research on line and find those out of the way, indpendent places that are so much better.

#168 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 20 December 2018 - 01:40 PM

View PostCause, on 20 December 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

Okay boys on a less exciting note,

What are the best chain restuarants to try in the US when rying t have a relatively cheap lunch or dinner?

IHOP
Shake Shack
Ben and Jerries for ice cream?

First off no Ihop. Find a nice dinner like golden nugget. IHOP is not cheap. For Burgers shake shack is not cheap. Mcdonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, 5 guys on the east coast are all cheaper.
Baskin Robins for Icecream. Ben and Jerries doesn't really have any chain stores.

There is also this new thing called Google maps that will tell you what is a good place to eat around you.

#169 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 20 December 2018 - 03:19 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 20 December 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

Well, if you've never been, you have to try Olive Garden and Applebees. Not great dinning or anything (not that horrible either, imo). But you have to try them and decide for yourself if they are worth all the jokes. And then of course, if you get that 'baby back rib' song stuck in your head, then you have to try Chili's.

But I wouldn't make this a high priority. Instead, I would talk to the locals (wherever your travels take you) or research on line and find those out of the way, indpendent places that are so much better.

You actually don't have to try either one of those or Chili's. It is not required that you eat bad chain food in order to experience Americana. Eat good local food from local restaurants that make the style of food you are looking for.

#170 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 20 December 2018 - 03:21 PM

In 'n' Out Burger. Ask for animal style fries! Not sure it's hit the East Coast though yet.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#171 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 20 December 2018 - 03:52 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 20 December 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

In 'n' Out Burger. Ask for animal style fries! Not sure it's hit the East Coast though yet.

It is only on the west coast. I don't think it has gone as far east as Colorado. That is why I didn't include it. Very close to 5 guys.

#172 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 December 2018 - 04:29 PM

Are chain restaurants the same as fast food? I think you guys are getting the request by Cause incorrect. If it has a drive up window, then it's fast food, so something I don't consider a 'chain restaurant'.

Also, about In and Out Burger, it's fine, but I feel it (at this point) is sort of overrated for quality. I've eaten there a few times on business travel to California, and it has never blew me away like people claim it would or has for them.

Another chain to try is Waffle House. If it's good enough for Kid Rock to get into a fight and arrested (at 3am in the morning), then it's good enough to shovel their garbage into that filth hole you call a mouth.

[EDIT] Shitty mumble rapper Post Malone likes 'the garden', so strip down naked and run backwards through a field of dicks

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 20 December 2018 - 04:32 PM

#173 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 20 December 2018 - 05:02 PM

Chain restaurants can be fast food (McD's), or casual dining (Olive Garden, Cheesecake Factory), or even fine dining (Morton's Steakhouse, P.F. Chang). 'Chain' just means there are multiple locations... they can be franchises or all owned by one entity, it doesn't matter for the word.

Any restaurant can have a drive-thru if they want to get the license and do the renovations, it's just that tends to be a fast food and coffee thing.

....which is not to say i wouldn't love a drive-thru place i could get a decent ribeye, a stuffed baked potato, and a bottle of red wine to go!

#174 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 December 2018 - 05:31 PM

View PostAbyss, on 20 December 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

Chain restaurants can be fast food (McD's), or casual dining (Olive Garden, Cheesecake Factory), or even fine dining (Morton's Steakhouse, P.F. Chang). 'Chain' just means there are multiple locations... they can be franchises or all owned by one entity, it doesn't matter for the word.

Any restaurant can have a drive-thru if they want to get the license and do the renovations, it's just that tends to be a fast food and coffee thing.

....which is not to say i wouldn't love a drive-thru place i could get a decent ribeye, a stuffed baked potato, and a bottle of red wine to go!

A lot of the sit down chains offer curb side service. Also, Uber Eats. If you live in a state with recreational marijuana, it's a necessity.

#175 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 20 December 2018 - 05:51 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 20 December 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 20 December 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

A lot of the sit down chains offer curb side service. Also, Uber Eats. If you live in a state with recreational marijuana, it's a necessity.

Now that Canada has gone weed legit, I'm expecting the announcement of Uber Puffs any day now.

Tho here in Ontario we have Skip the Dishes, so i'm also expecting Skip the Rollies. ....or Smoke the Dishes... could go either way.

#176 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 December 2018 - 07:26 PM

Here's a map of America's 'favorite' burgers, by state: https://cdn0.wideope...ite_burgers.jpg
I will say, I loooove In N Out, but it can be pretty divisive (and to reiterate, mostly West Coast regional, though there are a few recent eastward expansions). Five Guys is great and less divisive cuz it's just more like a really good greasy diner burger, plus the amount of fries you get in an order is incredible. Like ask yourself "what is an amount of fries I would describe as 'a lot' for one order?" and once you have that pictured, like, triple it. I've never had Shake Shack or Culver's but they both have pretty passionate advocates.
For Ice Cream, ColdStone is another good chain.

Of course, I think everyone should try Krispy Kreme. I don't love it personally, I prefer donuts with more heft, but it's a pretty unique indulgence anyway you won't get at most other shops.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#177 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 21 December 2018 - 01:38 AM

Dinosaur BBQ!

#178 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 21 December 2018 - 03:20 PM

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 21 December 2018 - 01:38 AM, said:

Dinosaur BBQ!

Oh.
Dear.
Gods.
YES.

#179 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 21 December 2018 - 03:41 PM

Most of the chains mentioned have franchises abroad as well, though. I assume Cause was looking for something that can only be found in the US? Or is it simply that the UK has Americanised in recent years that most of these chains arw familiar?
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#180 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 December 2018 - 05:08 PM

Well, since we are including fast food chains - which I think is stupid because a lot of fast food is international - you may want to try Chick-Fil-A (if you can ignore the blatant homophobia and overt religiosity - closed on Sundays). I've a similar view about them as I have about In-N-Out Burger. They are fine eating, but not blow you away great, but people swear by them and think they are top-notch. The one in my neck of the woods always has a pretty healthy line going through the drive-thru. But yeah, if chicken sandwiches, and chicken nuggets/strips are your thing, give em a try. I suggest going the breakfast option - Chicken biscuit with egg and cheese and then get their hot sauce and drizzle some on that bad boy.

Share this topic:

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users