Malazan Empire: Cause - The Malazan Yank! - Malazan Empire

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cause - The Malazan Yank! Tell me about the land of the Free, the home of the Brave!

#181 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 21 December 2018 - 08:01 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 21 December 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

Well, since we are including fast food chains - which I think is stupid because a lot of fast food is international - you may want to try Chick-Fil-A (if you can ignore the blatant homophobia and overt religiosity - closed on Sundays). I've a similar view about them as I have about In-N-Out Burger. They are fine eating, but not blow you away great, but people swear by them and think they are top-notch. The one in my neck of the woods always has a pretty healthy line going through the drive-thru. But yeah, if chicken sandwiches, and chicken nuggets/strips are your thing, give em a try. I suggest going the breakfast option - Chicken biscuit with egg and cheese and then get their hot sauce and drizzle some on that bad boy.

I approve this message. Chick fil A is pretty decent chicken sandwiches.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#182 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 December 2018 - 08:49 PM

"Go to terrible places with good marketing." — Everyone here

If you want an incredible fried chicken sandwich, go to Jacob's Pickles on the Upper West Side in NYC. They have the best fried chicken breakfast sandwich anywhere.

If you want succulent, juicy, fall-apart-in-your-mouth MEAT, Dinosaur BBQ is in Harlem and is worth the short subway ride.

Cause, what sort of food do you like?

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 21 December 2018 - 08:50 PM

#183 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 December 2018 - 09:23 PM

He said 'chain'. I don't think you're gonna find a Jacob's Pickles in Sheboygan, WS. Posted Image

It's always better to, like I said, talk to the locals and find the homespun places that focus on quality. The best burger in my neck of the woods, for example, is a local drive up diner (they have the best milkshakes too). They've been around for 50+ years or something.

If you are shy about talking to the locals, investigate the local newspapers from the area. They usually do a "Best Of" edition that will list out the best restaurants, voted on by staff and readers, that server the local community.

#184 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 21 December 2018 - 09:56 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 21 December 2018 - 09:23 PM, said:

He said 'chain'. I don't think you're gonna find a Jacob's Pickles in Sheboygan, WS. Posted Image

It's always better to, like I said, talk to the locals and find the homespun places that focus on quality. The best burger in my neck of the woods, for example, is a local drive up diner (they have the best milkshakes too). They've been around for 50+ years or something.

If you are shy about talking to the locals, investigate the local newspapers from the area. They usually do a "Best Of" edition that will list out the best restaurants, voted on by staff and readers, that server the local community.

Honestly who reads papaer. Just go on google and restaurants near me.

#185 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:05 PM

I've used google. It works in a pinch, but a lot of times it's really not that great tbh. Just doesn't have enough of a local perspective on what is best. People who live in the place and go to the spots have the best advice. You don't have to subscribe to actual physical paper, just find which ones serves the area and go to their website and see if they have a "Best Of". It's just another option, can't hurt. Know what I'm sayin' ?Posted Image

#186 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:43 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 21 December 2018 - 09:23 PM, said:

True. I just mentioned those because I know he's visiting NYC

#187 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 29 December 2018 - 05:03 PM

I am American now!

#188 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 December 2018 - 06:40 PM

Congratulations. You're living in the best country now. Do us proud and freedom the fuck on.Posted Image

#189 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 29 December 2018 - 08:36 PM

View PostCause, on 29 December 2018 - 05:03 PM, said:

I am American now!

You poor deluded fool. Now you can't leave!

#190 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 29 December 2018 - 08:43 PM

View PostBriar King, on 29 December 2018 - 08:37 PM, said:

I hope you enjoy your 1st shit.

Make it memorable.

Do they use bidets in SA?

#191 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:05 AM

View PostAbyss, on 20 December 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 20 December 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 20 December 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

Chain restaurants can be fast food (McD's), or casual dining (Olive Garden, Cheesecake Factory), or even fine dining (Morton's Steakhouse, P.F. Chang). 'Chain' just means there are multiple locations... they can be franchises or all owned by one entity, it doesn't matter for the word.

Any restaurant can have a drive-thru if they want to get the license and do the renovations, it's just that tends to be a fast food and coffee thing.

....which is not to say i wouldn't love a drive-thru place i could get a decent ribeye, a stuffed baked potato, and a bottle of red wine to go!

A lot of the sit down chains offer curb side service. Also, Uber Eats. If you live in a state with recreational marijuana, it's a necessity.

Now that Canada has gone weed legit, I'm expecting the announcement of Uber Puffs any day now.

Tho here in Ontario we have Skip the Dishes, so i'm also expecting Skip the Rollies. ....or Smoke the Dishes... could go either way.

My bet's on Dial the Joint
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#192 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 30 December 2018 - 06:52 AM

I do feel that my love for democracy is growing stronger! I want to buy a gun, at Walmart! Need to protect the freedom.

I want to eat all the things. JFK food prices were insanse so I have decided to wait on that front. I want the mint m and ms, I Want king size mint oreo chocolate bars and musketeers bars. I do not want butteefinger covered popcorn but am so pleased that such a thing exists.

There were like twenty uss flags lining the terminal At jfk. And both jfk and Phoenix Airport had entire halls dedicated to all the uniformed services. Except for poor NOAA.

Other American observations are that every restaurant, almost, lists the calories of their food.

My emigration officer was Asian, their was a sikh helping a women in a wheelchair behind me. A black South African was manning the parking lot toll booth. Bought lunch from a Muslim women in jfk who I would say was a recent immigrant as her English was terrible. Hispanic family sat next to me on the plane.

This government shut down amazes me in its stupidity. How can you ask 420 000 people to work for free, why do they do it? I saw the government is giving them form letters to show land Lords. I think they would prefer their salary. Meantime I'll miss out on the Smithsonian. Thank God Arizona is paying out of pocket to keep grand canyon going.

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 29 December 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

Make it memorable.

We do not. Best shits I have ever taken where in Japan. Will custom order a Japan toilet some day. Is America famous for bidets? Or is shitting in the homeland just a way to mark. My territory?

#193 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 30 December 2018 - 06:59 AM

Two more things

I saw a product for sail at jfk. A blanket. Literally had a warning label saying that California knew a chemical in the blanket causes cancer. Either Californian is alarmist or that blanket should not be for sale. How the fuck!

My immigration officer seemed to assume I was Afrikaans and also asked if I was coming to the states because the government took my farm. I found that interesting. It could happen in SA in the coming years but hasn't started yet.

#194 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 30 December 2018 - 08:06 AM

View PostCause, on 30 December 2018 - 06:59 AM, said:

Two more things

I saw a product for sail at jfk. A blanket. Literally had a warning label saying that California knew a chemical in the blanket causes cancer. Either Californian is alarmist or that blanket should not be for sale. How the fuck! ...

You’re going to see this a lot bcs Cali has a law requiring warning labels for trace amounts of common chemicals no other state gives a crap about. Anyone’s guess whose approach is the right one, but general opinion seems to be Cali is being silly.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#195 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 December 2018 - 02:20 PM

View PostCause, on 30 December 2018 - 06:52 AM, said:

We do not. Best shits I have ever taken where in Japan. Will custom order a Japan toilet some day. Is America famous for bidets? Or is shitting in the homeland just a way to mark. My territory?

Bidets are not a thing here. We get buy with good old fashion toilet paper.

I didn't know you were from SA. A co-worker of mine (she is about 10 - 15 years older then me) is from SA, and said she and her family got out (about 15 - 20 years ago) because the crime was so bad. You should find it quite a bit more safer in the US (no matter where you travel), even in so called "hot beds" for crime. Hell, once on a business trip I drove through the south side of Chicago without a hiccup. And according to that fat ass Cheeto, you'd think parts of Chicago is an active warzone.

#196 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 30 December 2018 - 02:20 PM

I do feel that my love for democracy is growing stronger! I want to buy a gun, at Walmart! Need to protect the freedom.

I want to eat all the things. JFK food prices were insanse so I have decided to wait on that front. I want the mint m and ms, I Want king size mint oreo chocolate bars and musketeers bars. I do not want butteefinger covered popcorn but am so pleased that such a thing exists.

There were like twenty uss flags lining the terminal At jfk. And both jfk and Phoenix Airport had entire halls dedicated to all the uniformed services. Except for poor NOAA.

Other American observations are that every restaurant, almost, lists the calories of their food.

My emigration officer was Asian, their was a sikh helping a women in a wheelchair behind me. A black South African was manning the parking lot toll booth. Bought lunch from a Muslim women in jfk who I would say was a recent immigrant as her English was terrible. Hispanic family sat next to me on the plane.

This government shut down amazes me in its stupidity. How can you ask 420 000 people to work for free, why do they do it? I saw the government is giving them form letters to show land Lords. I think they would prefer their salary. Meantime I'll miss out on the Smithsonian. Thank God Arizona is paying out of pocket to keep grand canyon going.

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 29 December 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

Make it memorable.

We do not use bidets (though, I just installed one in my apartment). Americans are afraid of buttholes.

#197 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 December 2018 - 07:42 PM

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 30 December 2018 - 02:20 PM, said:

Americans are afraid of buttholes.

https://boingboing.n...r-everyone.html
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#198 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:02 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 30 December 2018 - 02:20 PM, said:

I didn't know you were from SA. A co-worker of mine (she is about 10 - 15 years older then me) is from SA, and said she and her family got out (about 15 - 20 years ago) because the crime was so bad. You should find it quite a bit more safer in the US (no matter where you travel), even in so called "hot beds" for crime. Hell, once on a business trip I drove through the south side of Chicago without a hiccup. And according to that fat ass Cheeto, you'd think parts of Chicago is an active warzone.

Yeah you didn't drive through the right parts of Chicago at the right time. You also weren't buying or selling drugs. So pretty safe.

#199 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:30 PM

View PostVengeance, on 30 December 2018 - 11:02 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 30 December 2018 - 02:20 PM, said:

Yeah you didn't drive through the right parts of Chicago at the right time. You also weren't buying or selling drugs. So pretty safe.

Yeah, sure. If I was a criminal and knew where the dangerous pockets were to buy drugs, then yes, probably a little more dangerous. But I'm not, so enjoyed my time in south side Chicago. Was real neat tbh. They do need to work on some of the street maintenance though. But the narrative that Chicago is a war zone and you will be shot if you go there is just not correct. You can find dangerous spots in any locale (from Portland, OR to Portland, ME) if you know where to go. On the whole America is very safe compared to most other countries, so lets quit trying to push the idea that everyone is packing a gun and going pew pew pew down the street. You should check out some of these beautiful places yourself. Fear is the emotion they (those in power) use the most to control us. Don't let them. Enjoy life, live, get away from your computer and have real life , visceral experiences in these so called 'dangerous' places. Don't believe all the lies Trump is peddling (or Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Popchat, <insert bullshit, nonsense social media here>).

#200 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 31 December 2018 - 06:38 PM

Went to social security today. Pointless visit as it turns out.

Opened a bank account though. So that's progress.

It's hard to immigrate here. They really don't make it easy. You need SS to get a licence for examole, can't get SS for at least ten working days.

If your fresh of the boat without family to help you the first month here must be hell.

Share this topic:

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users