Malazan Empire: Cause - The Malazan Yank! - Malazan Empire

• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cause - The Malazan Yank! Tell me about the land of the Free, the home of the Brave!

#161 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 30 November 2018 - 04:13 PM

My preferred movie snack is burgers/fries or pizza snuck in from a place better than anything available in the movie theatre.

And beer, which is now becoming widely available in evening showings i'm pleased to report which saves me the trouble of sneaking it in.
CHASE: Paw Patrol is ready for action Mr Pust sir!
PUST: *pauses ranting* What does that mean?
ZUMA: It means let's dive in, dude!
PUST: What? What is a dude? WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?????
-The Malazan Book of the Paw Patrol

#162 User is online   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 November 2018 - 05:07 PM

Snickers is the shit! Love em.

I donít eat at the movies cause I donít want to be that guy making noises while doing so or getting bad breath in the process or being ďthat personís food is reeking up my bubbleĒ. I donít drink at the movies cause I donít want it to run through me and make me need to piss.

#163 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 30 November 2018 - 05:14 PM

Personally I turn the volume all the way up on my phone. Then I connect it to a personal Bose bluetooth speaker which is in my coat. Then I turn my phones screen brightness to the highest level and set it to remain in an on state. I also have a tendancy to surp my drinks very loudly and spew popcorn out of my mouth as I laugh loudly during important conversations in the movie. I do all of that because that is the best way to enjoy a movie at the theater.

At home the light are low all phones are off and people quietly make bathroom runs and never talk.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#164 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• D'ivers

Posted 30 November 2018 - 07:47 PM

I've more then once asked a person to turn off their phones or I would get the usher. They shut it down real fast. One time I asked a girlfriend of some guy to do the same. She tried to get her boyfriend involved, but when he turned around to have a look at who he would be dealing with, he quickly turned around and tried to be discreet about waving her to comply with my request. Lets just say the phone went off.

Eating is not a problem if you don't crunch your popcorn like a pig. So I've not a problem if you make an effort to be respectful of others.

BTW. Goobers is chocolate covered peanuts. So, probably not something you find globally (not sure though). But yeah, if you find yourself on these shores, give it a go. Again, handful of popcorn, handful of Goobers. Sip Wild Cherry ICEE as needed. Thank me later.

#165 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 30 November 2018 - 09:05 PM

Chocolate covered peanuts not found globally. Erm. Been abroad much? 😁
She went and she left me like litter. She took all future summers with her. I lost all my money cuz I tried to bribe her. Now I can only afford an amateur sniper.

#166 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 November 2018 - 09:53 PM

Aww, he may have phrased it kind of as an assumption, but I think he's just trying not to assume that American movie theater staples are global staples. Plus in the U.S. the vast majority of theater candy is dominated by Nestle (Goobers, Raisinets, and Sno Caps) and Hersheys (Whoppers, Milk Duds, Reese's), so with how hated those brands are internationally, it's fair imo for an American to have no idea what's ubiquitous in other countries.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#167 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 30 November 2018 - 10:58 PM

Reece's Peanut Butter Cups are where it's at. Amirite?
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#168 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• D'ivers

Posted 30 November 2018 - 11:10 PM

I was under the assumption in England a nice spot of tea and some boring soda crackers or biscuits were the option. In Australia, I figured vegemite smeared on prawns right off the barbie was the go to. From Scandinavia countries, some rotting herring on a a stale slice of rye bread with a bump of schnapps was how to snack during a movie. From Canada, some french fries drowned in curds and gravy and some maple syrup to wash it down is the rage. So, just giving you what my go to is. Try it or not, it's your decision. If you want to bring a plate of sheep's stomach filled with oatmeal, carrots, celery, and onions into the theater, have at it. Just know that if the funk makes my stomach churn, I'll change the situation.

#169 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 01 December 2018 - 01:23 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 30 November 2018 - 07:47 PM, said:

I've more then once asked a person to turn off their phones or I would get the usher. They shut it down real fast. One time I asked a girlfriend of some guy to do the same. She tried to get her boyfriend involved, but when he turned around to have a look at who he would be dealing with, he quickly turned around and tried to be discreet about waving her to comply with my request. Lets just say the phone went off.

Because you had your flesh rod in hand, ready to give them a whack?

#170 User is offline   Cause 

• God

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:21 AM

So besides the Grand canyon is there anything worth doing or seeing in poenix? It looks like the answer is no.

#171 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:05 PM

According to Tripadvisor, they have a fantastic musical instruments museum. And a hole in a rock. And a zoo.
She went and she left me like litter. She took all future summers with her. I lost all my money cuz I tried to bribe her. Now I can only afford an amateur sniper.

#172 User is online   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:49 PM

You can PM Nico and ask. I think AZ is supposed to have a killer ski resort. I would probably kill myself at one or go from sheer delight.

#173 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:26 PM

View PostCause, on 04 December 2018 - 08:21 AM, said:

So besides the Grand canyon is there anything worth doing or seeing in poenix? It looks like the answer is no.

First during the summer it is fucking hot. Not mildly hot but fucking hot. Easily in the 48 C (120 F ) during the summer months. So bare that in mind. There is a ton of stuff to see in the deserts around Zona. If you are going to the Grand Canyon I believe that most people go via Vegas and not Phoenix.

#174 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:06 PM

There's an X-Men joke here but it's too easy to bother.

Phoenix is mostly outdoorsy stuff. Parks, Mountains, Trails, etc. Worth some hiking, picnicking, etc.
There are a number of companies you can pay to guide you on an ATV through some glorious scenery, stop somewhere for an excellent lunch, then somewhere else to fire automatic weapons at targets until your hands go numb. It's actually more fun than it sounds
And if the State Fair is on when you're there, go. Go hungry.
CHASE: Paw Patrol is ready for action Mr Pust sir!
PUST: *pauses ranting* What does that mean?
ZUMA: It means let's dive in, dude!
PUST: What? What is a dude? WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?????
-The Malazan Book of the Paw Patrol

#175 User is offline   Cause 

• God

Posted 20 December 2018 - 10:31 AM

Okay boys on a less exciting note,

What are the best chain restuarants to try in the US when rying t have a relatively cheap lunch or dinner?

IHOP
Shake Shack
Ben and Jerries for ice cream?

#176 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• D'ivers

Posted 20 December 2018 - 01:38 PM

Well, if you've never been, you have to try Olive Garden and Applebees. Not great dinning or anything (not that horrible either, imo). But you have to try them and decide for yourself if they are worth all the jokes. And then of course, if you get that 'baby back rib' song stuck in your head, then you have to try Chili's.

But I wouldn't make this a high priority. Instead, I would talk to the locals (wherever your travels take you) or research on line and find those out of the way, indpendent places that are so much better.

#177 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 20 December 2018 - 01:40 PM

View PostCause, on 20 December 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

Okay boys on a less exciting note,

What are the best chain restuarants to try in the US when rying t have a relatively cheap lunch or dinner?

IHOP
Shake Shack
Ben and Jerries for ice cream?

First off no Ihop. Find a nice dinner like golden nugget. IHOP is not cheap. For Burgers shake shack is not cheap. Mcdonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, 5 guys on the east coast are all cheaper.
Baskin Robins for Icecream. Ben and Jerries doesn't really have any chain stores.

There is also this new thing called Google maps that will tell you what is a good place to eat around you.

#178 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 20 December 2018 - 03:19 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 20 December 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

Well, if you've never been, you have to try Olive Garden and Applebees. Not great dinning or anything (not that horrible either, imo). But you have to try them and decide for yourself if they are worth all the jokes. And then of course, if you get that 'baby back rib' song stuck in your head, then you have to try Chili's.

But I wouldn't make this a high priority. Instead, I would talk to the locals (wherever your travels take you) or research on line and find those out of the way, indpendent places that are so much better.

You actually don't have to try either one of those or Chili's. It is not required that you eat bad chain food in order to experience Americana. Eat good local food from local restaurants that make the style of food you are looking for.

#179 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 20 December 2018 - 03:21 PM

In 'n' Out Burger. Ask for animal style fries! Not sure it's hit the East Coast though yet.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#180 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 20 December 2018 - 03:52 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 20 December 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

In 'n' Out Burger. Ask for animal style fries! Not sure it's hit the East Coast though yet.

It is only on the west coast. I don't think it has gone as far east as Colorado. That is why I didn't include it. Very close to 5 guys.

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users