Malazan Empire: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Malazan Empire

• 54 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread Awww yissssss!

#841 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 10 November 2021 - 07:00 PM

Sheesh QT, every conversation with you about anything always seems to boil down to you either feeling like you have to "win" it or else believing that the other person is themself desperate to "win" it and you shouting at them "fine you win, you happy now?!". I don't care about "winning" anything.

I didn't know the writers talked about Burnet and Enomoto being inspirations on the DVD, wish you'd just said that from the start, 'cause that *is* interesting. Makes me wonder if the script originally had less of a Satsuma Rebellion-analogue vibe and more of a Tokugawa-vs-Meiji vibe in an earlier draft or something.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#842 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 November 2021 - 06:22 AM

Finally saw Shang Chi (guess I'm permanently on Disney+'s schedule of being 2 movies behind, cuz I ain't going to theaters any time soon). It rocked. Some of the best action choreography in the entire MCU to date.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#843 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 15 November 2021 - 11:10 AM

That scaffold scene was the bomb.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#844 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 15 November 2021 - 12:09 PM

Watched Shang-Chi last night too. It was good fun and some nice links to the rest of the MCU. Worth it for the bus scene alone.

It did feel a little MCU-CGI-fest same-oh with the ending though, but I guess that is to be expected for the world(s) it is.

Eight generic mook deaths out of 11.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 15 November 2021 - 12:09 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#845 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 15 November 2021 - 03:08 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 15 November 2021 - 12:09 PM, said:

Watched Shang-Chi last night too. It was good fun and some nice links to the rest of the MCU. Worth it for the bus scene alone.

It did feel a little MCU-CGI-fest same-oh with the ending though, but I guess that is to be expected for the world(s) it is.

Eight generic mook deaths out of 11.

Yeah, classic "Hero fights villain with same powers as themself while the rest of the characters fight a non-human CGI army that stop when the villain is defeated" like almost every other marvel movie. But at least there wasn't a sky beam!

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#846 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 15 November 2021 - 04:03 PM

I didn't like Shang-Chi much. Different strokes for different folks I guess. It wasn't bad, just found it very bland and weirdly unexciting.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#847 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 November 2021 - 07:06 PM

#DocOck

Do cock *snicker

#848 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 18 November 2021 - 12:08 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 17 November 2021 - 07:06 PM, said:

#DocOck

Do cock *snicker

Your posts on this forum really go a long way towards dispelling the idea that Malazan fans are high-brow snobs, eh

#849 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 November 2021 - 09:11 AM

Gotta get those expectations down D'rek

#850 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 18 November 2021 - 09:49 AM

Hehe, she said nob.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#851 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 18 November 2021 - 09:56 AM

Oh, we're definitely snobs.

Just not high-brow.

:p
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#852 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 November 2021 - 06:26 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 15 September 2021 - 06:42 PM, said:

What's the prognosis for that Hawkeye thing? (is it a movie or a series of episodes?) I barely follow anything Marvel and especially something adjacent to Avengers, but I'm kind of curious about this one because of the hate the character has received.

[EDIT] oof, I think it has a holiday/Christmas plot. Usually not a great thing. Sounds like it might be a Trains, Planes and Automobiles type outing.

View PostMalankazooie, on 10 November 2021 - 05:56 PM, said:

I gotta say, watching the latest trailer for Hawkeye, I'm looking forward to it. It looks like a lot of fun.

Man, I saw clip from talk show promotion, and damn, it looks pretty good. Anyone going to give it a go?

#853 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 24 November 2021 - 02:30 PM

Saw eternal last night,

For me it felt flat on almost all fronts. The eternals don’t receive enough character development for them to matter. Especially not to care one way or another about their arguments and loyalties.

Also the game of thrones stark brothers seem to possess chemistry or charisma in there roles at all.

It’s not that the movie is terrible it’s just at a level of okay literally throughout the whole film with no peaks or valleys of excitement.

#854 User is offline   JPK 

• Lemming of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Sacrificing myself for everyone else's greater good!

Posted 24 November 2021 - 05:11 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 24 November 2021 - 06:26 AM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 15 September 2021 - 06:42 PM, said:

What's the prognosis for that Hawkeye thing? (is it a movie or a series of episodes?) I barely follow anything Marvel and especially something adjacent to Avengers, but I'm kind of curious about this one because of the hate the character has received.

[EDIT] oof, I think it has a holiday/Christmas plot. Usually not a great thing. Sounds like it might be a Trains, Planes and Automobiles type outing.

View PostMalankazooie, on 10 November 2021 - 05:56 PM, said:

I gotta say, watching the latest trailer for Hawkeye, I'm looking forward to it. It looks like a lot of fun.

Man, I saw clip from talk show promotion, and damn, it looks pretty good. Anyone going to give it a go?

I'll watch it when it drops, but I'm not thrilled about the giftmas aspect they've shown so far.

#855 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 24 November 2021 - 05:36 PM

View PostJPK, on 24 November 2021 - 05:11 PM, said:

I'll watch it when it drops, but I'm not thrilled about the giftmas aspect they've shown so far.

DIE HARD with Bows and Arrows doesn't appeal to you?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#856 User is offline   JPK 

• Lemming of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Sacrificing myself for everyone else's greater good!

Posted 24 November 2021 - 07:26 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 24 November 2021 - 05:36 PM, said:

I'll fully admit to being a Scrooge. As far as the Die Hard influence goes, it does make me a little more hopeful but those are some big shoes to try to fill. I hope I'm wrong but it's the show I'm the least excited about so far.

#857 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 November 2021 - 08:00 PM

View PostJPK, on 24 November 2021 - 07:26 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 24 November 2021 - 05:36 PM, said:

I'll fully admit to being a Scrooge. As far as the Die Hard influence goes, it does make me a little more hopeful but those are some big shoes to try to fill. I hope I'm wrong but it's the show I'm the least excited about so far.

For me, I doubt anything D+ does will top LOKI, but I have some faith in this show as I really enjoy Steinfeld and think she was a good pick for Kate. And the fact that it's based on the Fraction/Aja run in the comics gives me further hope. We will see. I'll probably not get around to watching till the weekend.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#858 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 25 November 2021 - 02:06 PM

its out already?

#859 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 November 2021 - 03:10 PM

View PostMacros, on 25 November 2021 - 02:06 PM, said:

its out already?

First two eps are on D+ I think.

#860 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 November 2021 - 07:20 PM

Next Spider-Man trillo said to be happening (confirmed by a producer of the flicks). Some speculation that the trillo will span the college years. Which will open up some cool possibilities for notable characters, right?

Share this topic:

• 54 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users