Malazan Empire: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Malazan Empire

• 54 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread Awww yissssss!

#801 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 07 October 2021 - 01:22 PM

So what with Letitia Wright continuing her asinine anti-vaxx BS on the actual set of BP: WAKANDA FOREVER...I'm thinking the chances of the BP mantle passing to Shuri is now null and void, and I hazard if they might just pull a Terrence Howard and replace her entirely....your super science nerd character is played by a Science denier? Nah.

But now we have to guess at who will be the new BP.

My money is on M'Baku, but maybe that's just cause I love Winston Duke and think he'd be excellent as a guy trying to find his way from who he is as M'Baku to what BP stands for as a hero.

We also have Nakia as a possibility I would think.

And they just announced that Jordan is returning as Killmonger...so maybe we even see a turn from his villain role to the hero?

What does everyone think?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#802 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 07 October 2021 - 01:52 PM

Putting aside the casting, imagine if Chadwick was still alive and filming this - as in a person battling cancer and having scenes with a person who's anti vaccine and likely considerably increasing risk of getting sick with something contagious?

Also... I don't know if any of my beliefs are strong enough to turn down several million dollars. My partner and I did refuse to invest about 50k in the stock market as the pandemic hit because making money that way felt super wrong, but that's not several million dollars. We turned that into a sweet outdoor deck and hot tub. She's turning this into "won't work on anything big again for her career." Talk about fumbling the bag.

This post has been edited by amphibian: 07 October 2021 - 01:55 PM

I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#803 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 October 2021 - 01:56 PM

View Postamphibian, on 07 October 2021 - 01:52 PM, said:

Putting aside the casting, imagine if Chadwick was still alive and filming this - as in a person battling cancer and having scenes with a person who's anti vaccine and likely considerably increasing risk of getting sick with something contagious?

Yep, I was thinking that too. It's SUPER irresponsible of her.

I also want BP to lead the Avengers going fwd, or eventually, and you can't have a leader like that in Letitia.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#804 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 07 October 2021 - 02:03 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 07 October 2021 - 01:22 PM, said:

So what with Letitia Wright continuing her asinine anti-vaxx BS on the actual set of BP: WAKANDA FOREVER...I'm thinking the chances of the BP mantle passing to Shuri is now null and void, and I hazard if they might just pull a Terrence Howard and replace her entirely....your super science nerd character is played by a Science denier? Nah.

But now we have to guess at who will be the new BP.

My money is on M'Baku, but maybe that's just cause I love Winston Duke and think he'd be excellent as a guy trying to find his way from who he is as M'Baku to what BP stands for as a hero.

We also have Nakia as a possibility I would think.

And they just announced that Jordan is returning as Killmonger...so maybe we even see a turn from his villain role to the hero?

What does everyone think?

That's scary, we've just had this exact same conversion in the office. General consensus was get rid of Shuri and have Killmonger as Black Panther. I think it makes the most sense giving him a redemption arc.

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#805 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 07 October 2021 - 02:09 PM

Isn't Killmonger dead?

This post has been edited by amphibian: 07 October 2021 - 02:10 PM

I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#806 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 October 2021 - 02:25 PM

View Postamphibian, on 07 October 2021 - 02:09 PM, said:

Isn't Killmonger dead?

So we thought.He's reportedly in BP 2.

#807 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 07 October 2021 - 02:46 PM

I'd hazard a guess at flashbacks, but it's not impossible there's some miraculous medical intervention. And, well, there's a Multiverse now.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#808 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 October 2021 - 03:33 PM

View Postpolishgenius, on 07 October 2021 - 02:46 PM, said:

I'd hazard a guess at flashbacks, but it's not impossible there's some miraculous medical intervention. And, well, there's a Multiverse now.

The multiverse really does blow open ANYTHING being possible really.

#809 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 07 October 2021 - 06:43 PM

Well, I imagine they will pull short of having Batman show up. So there are still limits.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#810 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 07 October 2021 - 07:01 PM

I mean presumably in the multiverse there is a universe where DC and Marvel heroes inhabit alongside each other so he could show up?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#811 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 07 October 2021 - 08:54 PM

Or maybe he will, but he will call himself Moon Knight.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#812 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 08 October 2021 - 08:40 AM

Here's hoping it's the drunk one.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 08 October 2021 - 08:40 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#813 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 October 2021 - 08:53 AM

M'Baku would be ace as well, but would have to be played well as him trying to do the right thing the way T'chala would but also wanting to be himself

#814 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 October 2021 - 02:35 PM

Okay, okay, hear me out, what if in the next Black Panther movie, they cast Tom Cruise as a down on his luck, alcoholic American mercenary, that the Wakandans hire to help them fight the evil white imperialist SHIELD. Because even though they're super advanced the Wakandan generals apparently still thinks it's smart to give their elite commandos spears to fight with.

Cruise of course befriends the princess who teaches him that you can't fight every fight with a gun and he shows her that not all American white imperialists are savages. In fact USA is the best country in the world!

The movie ends with Cruise sacrificing himself so that the Wakandans can go on and we'll call the film THE LAST PANTHER.

#815 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 October 2021 - 02:38 AM

You guys see that Guardians of the Galaxy announcement? Not sure about the actor, but damn that is exciting news.

#816 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 October 2021 - 02:48 AM

Link?

#817 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 October 2021 - 02:51 AM

Bing Adam Warlock.

#818 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 October 2021 - 04:27 AM

Okay, that's weird.

https://www.google.c...1235086598/amp/

Why introduce him now that the gauntlet is destroyed? I guess that the stones still exists.

I see speculation that they might go for the Magus/different Warlocks storyline. Sounds like a lot to fit into one movie.

#819 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 November 2021 - 07:00 PM

Aw crap! I got the two end of credit scenes attached to the Eternals movie spoiled for me, so be careful what you are reading online. I didn't see them, only read about them, but I will say if they pull the one off like the article says, it's going to blow minds and be amazeballs.

#820 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 November 2021 - 05:38 PM

There are two images floating around the net since yesterday for SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME, and both are heavily spoilery...

I won't post them here, but John Campea tweeted them out and then they got yanked quickly.

they confirm the following (note HEAVY spoilers, not plot based really...but don't look if you want to wait for the final trailer between now and release in a month)

Spoiler

Share this topic:

• 54 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users