Malazan Empire: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Malazan Empire

• 54 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread Awww yissssss!

#1 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:40 PM

Okay guys, here are the characters, old and new that will happen in Marvel's Phase 3 films!

• Captain America 3: Civil War on May 6th, 2016 (Serpent Society was a fake-out.)

• Doctor Strange on November 4th, 2016

• Guardians of the Galaxy 2 on May 5th, 2017

• Thor 3: Ragnarok on July 28th, 2017

• Black Panther on November 3rd, 2017

• Captain Marvel on July 6th, 2018

• Inhumans on November 2nd, 2018

• Avengers: Infinity War Part One in May 2018

• Avengers: Infinity War Part Two in May 2019

HOLY SHITTTTTTT!!!!

Inhumans? Cap Marvel (female Carol-version please!!)? Black Panther?! CAp 3 CIVIL wAR!@!@!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#2 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:56 PM

Oh and it looks like Chadwick Boseman has already been cast as Black Panther!

Update 2: Just to be clear, Kevin Feige confirmed Captain Marvel will star Carol Danvers, not Mar-Vell. YES!!!!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 28 October 2014 - 06:57 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#3 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:58 PM

Rumours have been rampant about a possible Inhumans movie since theories first started abounding that Skye (from AoS, in case anyone doesn;t know lol) is exactly that; I'm so glad that it has finally been announced!

I believe from what I have read that the Cap Marvel film will be Carol Danvers, though I cannot be certain that anything I read wasn't just the churning of the rumour mill to be honest. Black Panther really needs to be done well, but these announcements are seriously raising the excitement levels!

I had already figured that they were going to need to break the Infinity War story into more than one film, especially if the Avengers are joined by the GotG, all the new phase 3 additions and possibly people from the Defenders as well (though that is less likely, I see the continuation of a healthy gap between the TV and film offerings).

Honestly all of these indications that the MCU is going strong and getting stronger are just more reasons I so desperately want Disney-Marvel to regain the film rights to the FF, imagine what the MCU could do with them! And besides as much of a dick as he can be, the universe feels incomplete without Reed Richards :/

EDIT: You already posted confirming Carol Danvers, my second paragraph can be ignored lol

This post has been edited by WinterPhoenix: 28 October 2014 - 06:59 PM

"I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust." T.S Eliot - The Wasteland

#4 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:00 PM

Yeah, I'm a WAY bigger fan of Carol's Cap Marvel than I ever was of Mar-vell, so this news is AMAZING.

Now they just need to cast Katee Sackoff as Carol and we'll be good. :unworthy: Gods she'd be amazing in that role.

#5 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:03 PM

Is there any sane individual who isn't a bigger fan of Danvers than Mar-vell?

You know awesome as I imagine the film will be, I do wonder why they are introducing the Civil War story in the middle of the build-up to the Infinity War, feels like alot to accomplish in a short space of time. Of course if they manage it will be AMAZING, and who doesn't want to see Iron Man Vs Cap Posted Image

This post has been edited by WinterPhoenix: 28 October 2014 - 07:05 PM

#6 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:06 PM

View PostWinterPhoenix, on 28 October 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

Is there any sane individual who isn't a bigger fan of Danvers than Mar-vell?

You know awesome as I imagine the film will be, I do wonder why they are introducing the Civil War story in the middle of the build-up to the Infinity War, feels like alot to accomplish in a short space of time. Of course if they imagine it will be AMAZING, and who doesn't want to see Iron Man Vs Cap Posted Image

I'm going to guess that a CAP 3 CIVIL WAR storyline is going to be a much smaller scale than the universe-wide multiple comic character event that it was in the comics. And there is nothing worng with that because CIVIL WAR is a cool storyline, that went on way too long and was too grasping. Reigning it into one film is a great idea!

#7 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:11 PM

Yeah a smaller-scale interpretation of it seems most likely, and I can see it being done really well like that as well, my only issue with Civil War: Iron man is a billion times cooler than Captain America, but in that situation I'd choose Cap's side every time, really got on my nerves in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 lol

Do you imagine we will be seeing Adam Warlock in GotG 2 or elsewhere? And any theories you wish to share on when and where we will see the remaining infinity gems? (Assuming that Loki's staff isn't one, I think it's power comes from the Tesseract :/ )

#8 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:20 PM

Feige has also stated that Black Panther will appear in full costume in CAP 3.

Yeah, I think we have a shot at seeing Adam Warlock in GotG2, it would make sense.

As for the other 3 infinity gems (considering we accept that the Tesseract, The Ether, and The Orb/Stone from GotG as the first three) I guarantee you one will show up in DOCTOR STRANGE, it makes too much sense not to (probably the green soul gem), possibly the Orange time gem in CAP MARVEL? I mean they need some standins for the FF who they can't use, so Carol seems apt for that? Yellow is probably going to be either GotG 2, or possibly inhumans?

Then only one I'm fairly sure if is STRANGE. It just makes too much sense to have the soul gem show up in his film.

#9 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:28 PM

Am i the only one who was just little bummed that CAPTAIN AMERICA: SERPENT SOCIETY turned out to be a fake-out?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#10 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:29 PM

Chadwick Boseman will do right by the Black Panther ideal.

I also agree that Katee Sackhoff would be terrific as Captain Marvel.

Fox isn't giving up the Fantastic Four. They'll keep it for whatever bucks they can eke out.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#11 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:47 PM

I don't think that Phase 3 is the finish of Marvel films by any stretch. I could see both IM4 and another Hulk film come at a later phase?

#12 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:59 PM

Meanwhile 20th Century Fox just announced they are scrapping the Apocalypse story and bringing back Toad as the main villain for a final trilogy. Not a reboot of Toad, but the Darth Maul guy again.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#13 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:11 PM

I think he's being facetious BK. LOL

#14 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:19 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 28 October 2014 - 07:20 PM, said:

Feige has also stated that Black Panther will appear in full costume in CAP 3.

Yeah, I think we have a shot at seeing Adam Warlock in GotG2, it would make sense.

As for the other 3 infinity gems (considering we accept that the Tesseract, The Ether, and The Orb/Stone from GotG as the first three) I guarantee you one will show up in DOCTOR STRANGE, it makes too much sense not to (probably the green soul gem), possibly the Orange time gem in CAP MARVEL? I mean they need some standins for the FF who they can't use, so Carol seems apt for that? Yellow is probably going to be either GotG 2, or possibly inhumans?

Then only one I'm fairly sure if is STRANGE. It just makes too much sense to have the soul gem show up in his film.

I'm inclined to agree with you on the Dr. Strange front, inevitably a large % of the cinema going population will have very little knowledge of the comics world, it would make perfect sense for the Soul gem to be the property of Strange from that point of view considering it will be the movie that introduces magic and mysticism to the MCU. There is an outside possibility we'll see it in GotG 2 though, assuming we see Warlock as well, considering the comic book relationship of Warlock and the gem in question.

So what we know: the Orb is the Power Gem, Tesseract is the Space Gem and the Aether is the Reality Gem - I don't think this has been confirmed, but it isn't Mind, Time or Soul so it has to be by the process of elimination. If the Soul Gem pops up in Dr. Strange then we have the Mind and Time gems left to be revealed, unless the Chitauri sceptre/Loki's sceptre does have the Mind Gem inside it, I think that unlikely considering it shares the same eerie blue glow of the Tesseract - the colour coding thus far hasn't been undermined. My bet is the Time Gem shows up in GotG 2 unless the Soul Gem isn't in Strange, then that will be in Guardians instead and Time will pop up in Captain Marvel. The Mind Gem could literally be anywhere, and I wouldn't rule out the possibility even that Thanos already possesses it, it could certainly act as a unifying plot element for the Inhumans as well.

Amphibian, yeah I know that unfortunately Fox are going to hold on to the FF and turn out more embarrassingly poor films that will look even poorer when you consider just how much more awesome they would be as part of the MCU, it actually depresses me Posted Image

As for Hulk 2, I honestly believe that the reason they have held off on that until post-phase 3 is because any Hulk solo presents an issue in who will be his enemy. Many of his enemies will seems silly on film, and of those that wouldn't you have to find one that strikes the right balance between presenting him with an challenge and not seeming as though it is a villain worthy of a team-up movie :/ On the other hand I do agree that it is a shame we aren't seeing one yet, Ruffalo was so many times better in The Avengers than the Hulk has ever been portrayed it's not even a contest.

#15 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 29 October 2014 - 04:06 AM

Hulk's enemy should be an army led by a giant bad guy who is still smart. Like a Thanos lite.

There should be a rampage through the army and then a face off vs the big bad. Ang Lee had this sort of right, but he decoupled the army and the bad guy - which doesn't work.

I don't know a dang thing about hulk villains though.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#16 User is offline   Studlock 

• First Sword

Posted 29 October 2014 - 04:33 AM

I know it's a long shot but I hope Captain Marvel has Carol Danvers, Monica Rambea, and Kamala Khan all in it. Hell throw in Phyla-Vell and you got an all women team heavily connected to both the Kree and Inhumans. I'll be happy with just a movie about Carol but I really hope there is at least a shout out for Monica, aka the best Captain Marvel.

#17 User is offline   blackzoid 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:06 PM

"Ragnarok" is an interesting word.

Looking forward to Cap United States and Thanos. And Thor.

#18 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:49 PM

http://uk.ign.com/ar...more?watch=true

interesting tidbits for each films at the bottom

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#19 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:52 PM

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR teaser trailer. Wait for it, the reveal is at the end.

#20 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:59 PM

Looks like proof that Loki's scepter is a gem, and also I forget where the sixth one goes on the glove so either it's there or he's missing one dun dun dunnnnnnn
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

Share this topic:

• 54 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users