Malazan Empire: Cause - The Malazan Yank! - Malazan Empire

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cause - The Malazan Yank! Tell me about the land of the Free, the home of the Brave!

#501 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 05 December 2020 - 04:02 AM

View PostCause, on 05 December 2020 - 03:28 AM, said:

Why did it go away for so long?

The price of the bulk pork has to go low enough for mcdonald's to do a huge buy and it doesn't sell well enough to make a regular feature on the menu.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#502 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 07 December 2020 - 12:23 AM

Was loving my McRib until I found a hair in it

#503 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 07 December 2020 - 01:59 AM

View PostCause, on 07 December 2020 - 12:23 AM, said:

Was loving my McRib until I found a hair in it

That's a golden ticket.

#504 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 07 December 2020 - 03:03 AM

It’s a high risk high reward game.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#505 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 14 December 2020 - 03:26 PM

So my neighborhood has a buy nothing group. The whole idea is you give away things and services for free. Mostly it seems to be a way for people to not feel guilty about throwing stuff out. I like it, I’m at a stage where others people garbage is actually useful to me. Other people’s garbage being 50 inch plasma TVs that though ten years old work perfectly.

I need a dog in my life. I thought about offering to walk peoples dogs for free. They get a free dog walker and I get a doggie friend. That said I have this fear that on a one in a million chance the fog gets bitten by another dog or bites another dog etc they will sue me to oblivion. Am I being silly or is this maybe a bad idea

#506 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 14 December 2020 - 03:28 PM

Go to an animal shelter and volunteer to walk the dogs. You'll get a wide wide cross section of dogs to interact with and get enough experience to learn what you want from a dog.

They will give you the easier ones at first and then as you get more experience, you'll probably start in with the challenging dogs.

Win win situation for everyone.

#507 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 14 December 2020 - 04:39 PM

View Postamphibian, on 14 December 2020 - 03:28 PM, said:

Go to an animal shelter and volunteer to walk the dogs. You'll get a wide wide cross section of dogs to interact with and get enough experience to learn what you want from a dog.

They will give you the easier ones at first and then as you get more experience, you'll probably start in with the challenging dogs.

Seconded.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#508 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:35 PM

View PostAbyss, on 14 December 2020 - 04:39 PM, said:

Seconded.

Thirdeded
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#509 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 15 December 2020 - 10:05 PM

I actually did message a local shelter, their website provides an email address for just this purpose. They never responded.

#510 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:17 PM

What the hell is up with delivery fees and service fees to order takeout in this country.

Tried ordering the other day. My ten dollar order, had an 3 dollar delivery fee, 1 dollar service fee, 2 dollars in taxes and a recommended 3 dollar tip. At this point I just decided it wasn’t worth it.

#511 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:21 PM

View PostCause, on 12 January 2021 - 02:17 PM, said:

What the hell is up with delivery fees and service fees to order takeout in this country.

Tried ordering the other day. My ten dollar order, had an 3 dollar delivery fee, 1 dollar service fee, 2 dollars in taxes and a recommended 3 dollar tip. At this point I just decided it wasn’t worth it.

Usually if you contact a place directly if they deliver it will be cheaper (You should still Tip). I usually either contact a place directly or do pick up. After Door dash got caught not giving drivers all of their tips, and food from grubhub was consistently cold, and with restaurants struggling to get by during covid, but losing money when using a delivery service. I try to stay away from them.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#512 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 12 January 2021 - 03:14 PM

View PostCause, on 15 December 2020 - 10:05 PM, said:

I actually did message a local shelter, their website provides an email address for just this purpose. They never responded.

Try calling. I know they have to be really careful about having people in the facility, but the dogs still need walking. Good luck.

#513 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 12 January 2021 - 03:34 PM

View PostVengeance, on 12 January 2021 - 02:21 PM, said:

Usually if you contact a place directly if they deliver it will be cheaper (You should still Tip).

I know the tipping culture is very big in the USA. I would argue though that surely the company that employs the drivers should ensure that the drivers receive a decent minimum fee, and then compensate for that fee in the price of the item when offered online? Especially in this time of Covid-19, I for one am not carrying any cash anymore (all contactless) and as a driver I would be very reluctant to accept cash in hand from someone at a random house. Plus there is the more ideological argument that customer-facing workers (e.g. drivers) should not be made dependent on the whims of their assigned customers as to how their pay check looks that month, but I guess that's a whole minefield in itself.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 12 January 2021 - 03:35 PM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#514 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 12 January 2021 - 07:35 PM

Just about every middleman company that employs the drivers usually has frequent failures to provide minimum fees and all of their tips. They also charge restaurants a high enough percentage to make directly contacting the restaurant cheaper and more supportive of the restaurant in most situations. It sucks and yet when people live far from restaurants like I do, it's hard to take the cheaper and more supportive option every time because of the distances involved and the ease of ordering in an app.

#515 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 12 January 2021 - 10:52 PM

View PostGorefest, on 12 January 2021 - 03:34 PM, said:

View PostVengeance, on 12 January 2021 - 02:21 PM, said:

Usually if you contact a place directly if they deliver it will be cheaper (You should still Tip).

I know the tipping culture is very big in the USA. I would argue though that surely the company that employs the drivers should ensure that the drivers receive a decent minimum fee, and then compensate for that fee in the price of the item when offered online? Especially in this time of Covid-19, I for one am not carrying any cash anymore (all contactless) and as a driver I would be very reluctant to accept cash in hand from someone at a random house. Plus there is the more ideological argument that customer-facing workers (e.g. drivers) should not be made dependent on the whims of their assigned customers as to how their pay check looks that month, but I guess that's a whole minefield in itself.

Surely you would be wrong. I usually pay and tip directly when I order from either their website or over the phone. Plus it gets me my food faster.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#516 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:18 PM

We tip in South Africa too. It not like this. But America is a different world with a different economy but still. In South Africa we tip 10% not twenty at restaurants and for delivery it’s generally not a percentage but generally a flat amount since if he delivers one pizza or three the work involved is the same. A 3 dollar tip on a 10 dollar order though is 30 percent! Crazy

In South Africa, delivery is generally free as well so I don’t mind tipping. A service fee, small order fee delivery fee, tip etc is just ridiculous. I also saw a Philadelphia fee the other day. The city made a law apparently which limited how much doordash or grub hub could take as a cut. I forget which app this was so they just added an extra fee to make up for it. I fetch food whenever I can as a result but in the cold, on foot my food fetching radius is small

#517 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:22 PM

I understand totally. The European system where the food just costs what it costs and they pay staff a living wage is 100% better.

It's easier for customers and staff. It's easier from a business standpoint bc no time spent divvying up tips or potential scoundrel behavior around tips. It's also the better ethical thing to do.

#518 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 15 January 2021 - 10:24 PM

So Monday is MLK/civil rights day but in parts of the country is honestly still on the books as Robert e Lee day? Wtf is wrong with this country.

#519 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 24 January 2021 - 12:30 AM

Playing with TurboTax looks like I’ll get a fairly decent tax refund soon. That said the American tax system is a mess!

#520 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 24 January 2021 - 05:37 AM

Is that one of those online tax things you pay for or the free one which is well-hidden, but has to be provided according to govt regulations?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

Share this topic:

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users