• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Trek Discovery Predictions on the new series

#261 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:07 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 18 January 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

Don't worry about it BK. I don't even see the posts.

Yes you do. I've seen your name follow me into a thread right after I've posted, numerous times. Can't be coincidence.

And your reason for 'ignoring' me is petty AF. I posted a trailer for one of the Marvel movies in the Movie thread and you got your panties all squinched up in a bunch and had a tizzy fit because I didn't post it in the Marvel movie thread. I said I didn't post it there because I hadn't seen any of the movies yet and didn't want to see spoilers. You then replied with your petty nonsense - '"oh an ignore button, click. " It's brought much amusement to see you read my posts and positive rep another member when they've posted a disagreement with me that you like. That ignore feature has a funny way of working, eh?

Back to Star Trek Discovvery. I'm sure something will happen this season that will see you bring out the loathe word. Anyone want to take bets?

#262 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:57 PM

Gents, can we just ... not? Please?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#263 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:33 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 18 January 2019 - 05:07 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 18 January 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

Don't worry about it BK. I don't even see the posts.

Yes you do. I've seen your name follow me into a thread right after I've posted, numerous times. Can't be coincidence.

And your reason for 'ignoring' me is petty AF. I posted a trailer for one of the Marvel movies in the Movie thread and you got your panties all squinched up in a bunch and had a tizzy fit because I didn't post it in the Marvel movie thread. I said I didn't post it there because I hadn't seen any of the movies yet and didn't want to see spoilers. You then replied with your petty nonsense - '"oh an ignore button, click. " It's brought much amusement to see you read my posts and positive rep another member when they've posted a disagreement with me that you like. That ignore feature has a funny way of working, eh?

Back to Star Trek Discovvery. I'm sure something will happen this season that will see you bring out the loathe word. Anyone want to take bets?

Please don't go picking an argument because someone changed their mind or formed a new opinion about something.

Anyway, I'm about 2/3 of the way through and I'm enjoyimg Notaro's character. Burnham is taking a backseat to her and Pike this episode.

I like Notaro as a replacement for Stamets. I'm curious how they will further develop her.

Inb4 the Red Angel is a Vorlon.

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 18 January 2019 - 11:52 PM

#264 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 19 January 2019 - 02:15 AM

I’m trying to figure out what the red angel is with that opening of the Cassini mission from the 2000’s is context-wise. Should be interesting!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 19 January 2019 - 11:39 AM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#265 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 20 January 2019 - 03:44 PM

I'm worried red angels are going to end up being very magic, mystical aliens. Its too early to say but based on the few comments about wanting to kill all life in the galaxy, the name angels and them showing up in what looks like ancient earth in a battle with marines I wont be shocked to learn they influence wars throughout the galaxy and throughout history.

Star trek has always had the occasional mystical plot line, Q is basically god, but they are never my favourite.

#266 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 20 January 2019 - 08:30 PM

There are beings in the universe billions of years older than...our races. Once, long ago, they walked among the stars like giants... vast and timeless.

#267 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:58 PM

Is it me, or is there some serious time lord technology incorporated into the Discovery? It seems much bigger on the inside.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#268 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:22 PM

View PostCause, on 20 January 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

I'm worried red angels are going to end up being very magic, mystical aliens. Its too early to say but based on the few comments about wanting to kill all life in the galaxy, the name angels and them showing up in what looks like ancient earth in a battle with marines I wont be shocked to learn they influence wars throughout the galaxy and throughout history.

Star trek has always had the occasional mystical plot line, Q is basically god, but they are never my favourite.

I'd be okay with this take. I feel like the real meat of that will still be really interesting.

View PostPrimateus, on 21 January 2019 - 02:58 PM, said:

Is it me, or is there some serious time lord technology incorporated into the Discovery? It seems much bigger on the inside.

You mean when they show the innards of the thing while the turbo lift is gyroscoping around? Yeah, perhaps. Though it IS a big ship. I'm sure someone has done the math somewhere.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#269 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:43 PM

Well that was proper great! And Jonathan Frakes-directed FTW.

So now Stamets AND Tilly are seeing/hallucinating dead people in their lives...meaning it's not the Spore drive causing it...so the Red angels maybe?

#270 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:02 PM

Great to see Jonathan Frakes in the director's chair again.

Caught up both episodes at once. Absolutely love it - don't mind the Red Angels (I doubt they're as mystical as they first appear) and thought the chap playing Jake sold all the wonder and vindication he needed to beautifully.

Loving the more natural interaction of the crew - even though Michael was the only new member in the first series, the whole crew interacted like they didn't really know each other that well. Some simple touches and now they feel like a unit proper. Stamets and Tilly's exchanges are brilliant in particular.

I know it's a debate that will rage on forever, but for me: Trek has always had the ability to make me very happy, I come away grinning. Discovery makes me grin. Ergo, it's Trek enough for me.

Bonus chuckle-behind-hand moment for:
Spoiler

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 25 January 2019 - 10:08 PM

- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#271 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:08 PM

I have restarted season 1 because I'm enjoying S2 so much that I need to build up episodes for binge watching.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#272 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:51 AM

Now we are talking. Its definitely star trek when the prime directive, oh I'm sorry general order 1, is used to arbitarilly create tension.

Spoiler

I forget, have we just admitted its a separate universe yet?

This post has been edited by Cause: 29 January 2019 - 11:52 AM

#273 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 February 2019 - 08:35 AM

I really like this season. It feels not so opressively grimdark as the last one did. It's more joyful and mysterious, which I like a lot.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#274 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 01 February 2019 - 10:23 AM

I quite like the S1 grimdark. Possibly because my pants are on fire for Captain Lorca. I re-watched the Harry Mudd episode last night which was great. Grimdark definitely isn't a long term Trek winning formula so I'm glad it's on the up.

One thing I love about Trek is that everyone is super brainy but also excellent at hand-to-hand combat.

This post has been edited by Mezla PigDog: 01 February 2019 - 10:24 AM

#275 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 01 February 2019 - 10:35 AM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 01 February 2019 - 10:23 AM, said:

I quite like the S1 grimdark. Possibly because my pants are on fire for Captain Lorca. I re-watched the Harry Mudd episode last night which was great. Grimdark definitely isn't a long term Trek winning formula so I'm glad it's on the up.

One thing I love about Trek is that everyone is super brainy but also excellent at hand-to-hand combat.

Lorca was great, right up until they decided he wasn't evil enough and made him into a militant human supremacist.

#276 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 01 February 2019 - 11:40 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 01 February 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

Lorca was great, right up until they decided he wasn't evil enough and made him into a militant human supremacist.

I actually rather liked the twist that he was from the mirror-verse. But I agree that the series probably would have been better served had he "just" been that Starfleet captain who didn't buy into the whole "We're explorers on a peaceful mission and we'd really rather not fight" thing.

#277 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 01 February 2019 - 11:49 AM

View PostPrimateus, on 01 February 2019 - 11:40 AM, said:

I actually rather liked the twist that he was from the mirror-verse. But I agree that the series probably would have been better served had he "just" been that Starfleet captain who didn't buy into the whole "We're explorers on a peaceful mission and we'd really rather not fight" thing.

Oh I didn't mind him being from a different universe. Or a rebel for that matter. But when it turned out he was a rebel whom hated aliens I kind of rolled my eyes.

#278 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 01 February 2019 - 11:57 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 01 February 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

View PostPrimateus, on 01 February 2019 - 11:40 AM, said:

Oh I didn't mind him being from a different universe. Or a rebel for that matter. But when it turned out he was a rebel whom hated aliens I kind of rolled my eyes.

Agreed, that was a bit...weird? I mean, you don't have to hate aliens to be a warmonger. He could have been pro-war for ideological reasons, or whatever.

#279 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 02 February 2019 - 02:41 PM

So much for using a re-watch of S1 to build up episodes of S2 for a binge. I have finished it in less than a week. I think the Ash Tyler/Voq storyline is one of the best ever in Trek. It's properly creepy. They could have done more with it I think if they had taken more time. It would have been awesome if the character of Ash had already been established before he was captured and then his downfall would have been more poignant. Season 1 c'est la vie but I hope they write equally creepy things into future seasons.

I have always hated episodes with the Terran Empire in. It's just so lame that there is an alternate universe where everyone happens to be bad. Then on the other hand ultra corny stuff is SO Star Trek so I also love it.

#280 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 03 February 2019 - 06:36 PM

Possibly because my pants are on fire for Captain Lorca.

Glad someone else shares that particular affliction :)

Enjoyed the latest episode, interested to see where it's all going. Pike was again excellent, and Mary Wiseman is doing a great job with her extended screen time.

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 03 February 2019 - 06:38 PM

- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users