• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Trek Discovery Predictions on the new series

#221 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:33 PM

I'm uncertain how to feel about the new episode. On the one hand...

Spoiler

YAY!

But on the other hand...

Spoiler

Hrmpf...
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#222 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:40 AM

I'm just waiting for the xeno purging to begin. Maybe initiated by a chapter of the Adeptus Astartes.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#223 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:06 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 12 January 2018 - 07:40 AM, said:

I'm just waiting for the xeno purging to begin. Maybe initiated by a chapter of the Adeptus Astartes.

Preferably Iron Snakes, or White Scar.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#224 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:58 PM

As awesome as that would be, I have a sneaking suspicion that the producers of the show will go in a slightly different direction.

#225 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:05 PM

Warhammer 40K deserves / needs it own TV show!

Although I have just learnt they have finally entered the 41k and big changes are afoot! The Primarch lives, their are now space marines even more space mariney than original marines. The glorious god emperor of mankind remains alive//dead.

Also Warhammer fantasy! the less said about what they did their the better

#226 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:28 PM

View PostCause, on 12 January 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

Although I have just learnt they have finally entered the 41k and big changes are afoot! The Primarch lives, their are now space marines even more space mariney than original marines. The glorious god emperor of mankind remains alive//dead.

Are those the "Beast Arises" books? I know they started another epic series, but I was unsure if it was another prequel like Horus Heresy.

And yeah, I agree. The Ghosts especially deserve a TV show. Hell, if HBO wants a post-GoT show for everyone to enjoy that they can get SEASONS out of, just turn the Ghosts into a TV series...hire Abnett as knowledge-base advisor, and hit it.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#227 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:31 PM

Never read any books actually. Maybe I should. When I'm bored I read wiki entries.

Spoiler

And the only thing we know for certain is that in the 42 Millenia of man there is only war. The emperor protects.

HBO should do this

This post has been edited by Cause: 12 January 2018 - 04:35 PM

#228 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:05 PM

View PostCause, on 12 January 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

Never read any books actually. Maybe I should. When I'm bored I read wiki entries.

Spoiler

And the only thing we know for certain is that in the 42 Millenia of man there is only war. The emperor protects.

HBO should do this

The FX budget would only permit one serious engagement per season, and the rest of the time all the characters sit in one room looking at a viewsceen the audience cannot see.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#229 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:20 PM

View PostAbyss, on 12 January 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

Spoiler

HBO should do this

The FX budget would only permit one serious engagement per season, and the rest of the time all the characters sit in one room looking at a viewsceen the audience cannot see.

HBO could do it. It's simply BAND Of BROTHERS in Dystopian space future. PRETTY easy.

#230 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:22 AM

View PostAbyss, on 12 January 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

Spoiler

HBO should do this

Think how amazing this show would be.

Episode 1. Run time ten minutes. Budget ten million dollars. Inquisitive Karl Franz llplayed by Sean bean) of the Ordo mallus arrives in the system of Hotha above the Hive world the emperor's bounty. His fleet immediately begins to engage with a chaos fleet above the planet and millions of drop pods and shuttles of imperial guard make landfall. 9 out of ten het shot out if the sky but someone notes that's statistically not bad for such an operation. The fighting goes.

Episodes 2-10 the entire season takes place onboard the inquisitors ship the Emperors Hammer. We see nothing but the bridge crew react in horror as they issue orders to respond to such threats as chaos reinforcements and orc waagh attracted the fighting. A tebdril of tyranids. They scream how the battle is ten time more epic than the last battle of the lord of the rings. The intrigue and plotting make game of thrones look lame. The speakers demons are more sexy than anything on late night HBO but we see nothing. They have no choice. The inquisitors orders exterminatus of the planet. They have won. A daemon materializes on the bridge and decapitated Sean bean.

#231 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:19 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 12 January 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

View PostCause, on 12 January 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

Are those the "Beast Arises" books? I know they started another epic series, but I was unsure if it was another prequel like Horus Heresy.

And yeah, I agree. The Ghosts especially deserve a TV show. Hell, if HBO wants a post-GoT show for everyone to enjoy that they can get SEASONS out of, just turn the Ghosts into a TV series...hire Abnett as knowledge-base advisor, and hit it.

Beast Arises is set in 32nd Millenium, it's an interquel between the Heresy and 40k
meh. Link was dead :(

#232 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:56 AM

I was wondering when they would get to the

Spoiler

They just got there a little earlier than I expected. Then again considering the nature of the Discovery's drive I guess it was bound to come up sooner than other series.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#233 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:47 AM

Close.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 14 January 2018 - 07:49 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#234 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:05 PM

Personally, I want the Terran Dominion Empire to suddenly fall apart and when the Discovery goes to the Empire's interior to find out why they run into quintillions of Zerg consuming planet after planet and headed to Earth next.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#235 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:36 AM

I Will finally get to watch tonight. Don't know why Netflix is a week behind, how else will I watch in South Africa?

Its too bad that I think the showrunners may even have had a good idea here, however they had to lie so much to keep the secret (this is not an alternative timeline, reality, reboot etc) that they seemed to have alienated a lot of the fanbase with their weird Klingons etc.

@BK - Just to be clear that was not an actual spoiler. I just needed a gothic name and Karl Franz is from Fantasy Warhammer and I just knew the name because I am playing total Warhammer on PC

#236 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:26 AM

Called it. :)

#237 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:32 AM

Ooooooooh ... Lorca. Nice twist.

#238 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:17 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 22 January 2018 - 09:32 AM, said:

Ooooooooh ... Lorca. Nice twist.

Just saw the 12th episode moments ago.
Spoiler

#239 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:36 AM

Just watched Ep 13 - VERY interesting. This has improved. There's still some annoyances, but overall it's definitely better than the first few eps.
Burnham's mannerisms are still grating, but she's growing on me. Slowly. Like mycelium.

#240 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:15 AM

Just started again. Its somehowe both an interesting place to take the series and terrible. I had forgotten what a caricature the Terran empire was! Also has there been a nother slight retcon? Shouldn't there be some alien officers? Like Vulcans etc

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users