• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#9401 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 September 2019 - 06:27 PM

QT, what is your wife's diagnosis of Biden? Is he actually sundowning too or just an exhausted old man who should retire from politics to be with his grandkids?
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#9402 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 September 2019 - 07:02 PM

Time and money well spent.

#9403 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 06 September 2019 - 07:32 PM

View PostAbyss, on 06 September 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 06 September 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

And there it is. Told you guys it was 100% Trump who used a sharpie on the map himself. No one else around him is that fucking dumb or reactionary.

https://www.business...map-edit-2019-9

This is even better/funnier than what i thought had happened.

...and i cannot wait to see what SNL does with this.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#9404 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 07 September 2019 - 12:07 AM

Trump 'used his official account to tweet out a doctored video of a CNN projection that said the storm might affect Alabama. [...] It begins with some footage of Trump looking smug at a debate before rolling into a CNN clip where a weather reporter is projecting the path of Hurricane Dorian, listing states until he hits Alabama. [...] The word "Alabama" begins to repeat over and over, like a stuck CD, until abruptly switching to more footage of Trump at a debate. The video then ends with a CNN logo traveling quickly down a road before crashing and exploding.

[...] The President of the United States is tweeting out bizarre meme videos from some random chud as the finale of a week-long campaign against reality to prove that he was correct in telling the state of Alabama to prepare for a hurricane when all models at that time showed the Hurricane moving north.'

https://washingtonpr...7A8YlXkJob60OYo

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 07 September 2019 - 12:08 AM

#9405 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 07 September 2019 - 12:21 AM

I swear to shit, if i have to hear some chucklehead one more time praising Trump for the "lowest black unemployment in history".

I feel like i'm on crazy pills.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#9406 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 September 2019 - 12:31 AM

You better believe you're gonna hear that nonsense every single day once we're in the general.

Anyway, normal presidency.

#9407 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 07 September 2019 - 02:02 AM

View Postworry, on 06 September 2019 - 06:27 PM, said:

QT, what is your wife's diagnosis of Biden? Is he actually sundowning too or just an exhausted old man who should retire from politics to be with his grandkids?

We don’t get a lot of Biden related video or content up her for her to judge unfortunately.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#9408 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 07 September 2019 - 03:34 PM

'The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee is investigating why a five-person crew with the Air National Guard stopped at President Donald Trump's Turnberry resort as part of a routine trip from the United States to Kuwait to deliver supplies. The committee is investigating why the crew of the C-17 military transport had to stop at Trump's resort on both legs of the trip, [...]

Beyond that isolated stay, the congressional inquiry is looking into why the military has spent $11 million on fuel at Prestwick Airport, which is the closest airport to the Turnberry resort. That fuel would be much cheaper at a U.S. military base. What seems particularly curious is that the airport is losing money and the Scottish government has expressed interest in selling it, a move that could be devastating to Trump's property. This is not the first time questions have been raised about the use of the airport. Last year, the Guardian reported the airport was being used by the U.S. military and had struck a deal with Turnberry to provide cheaper rooms and free rounds of golf for crew members.'

https://slate.com/ne...t-scotland.html

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 07 September 2019 - 03:35 PM

#9409 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 08 September 2019 - 04:01 AM

So ... gerrymandering. It seems North Carolina might see a "proper" redistribution as judges voted 3-0 that the current situation was unlawful.

I'll believe it when I see it. The GOP isn't going to give up it's unfair advantage easily.

https://www.news.com...4a970e52c365e80
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#9410 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:13 AM

#9411 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:47 AM

Can I just put it out there that using the phrases "people of colour" and "beyond the pale" in the same sentence is just asking for trouble?

But on the subject ... you know what? I'm not shocked. Not even mildly surprised.
It's just another mild atrocity to add to the list killing what I used to think of as "America" (even with all the old flaws, yep even the nasty ones) in a death-by-a-thousand-cuts way.
When the end comes, will anyone notice or care? How will we even know if it's the end, when you grow to expect yet another act of greedy, craven, malicious stupidity tomorrow? Which you're already pre-numbed to?

Huh, is that their intent after all?

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 09 September 2019 - 10:48 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#9412 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:39 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 09 September 2019 - 10:47 AM, said:

Can I just put it out there that using the phrases "people of colour" and "beyond the pale" in the same sentence is just asking for trouble?

But on the subject ... you know what? I'm not shocked. Not even mildly surprised.
It's just another mild atrocity to add to the list killing what I used to think of as "America" (even with all the old flaws, yep even the nasty ones) in a death-by-a-thousand-cuts way.
When the end comes, will anyone notice or care? How will we even know if it's the end, when you grow to expect yet another act of greedy, craven, malicious stupidity tomorrow? Which you're already pre-numbed to?

Huh, is that their intent after all?

The "pale" in the idiom doesn't refer to color. In the archaic use of the word, a pale refers to a piece of wood driven into the ground to demark a border. A fencepost impaled into the ground.

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 09 September 2019 - 01:40 PM

#9413 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:32 PM

View Postworry, on 09 September 2019 - 01:13 AM, said:

'[Trump:] “Look, the Bahamas had some tremendous problems with people going to the Bahamas that weren’t supposed to be there.”

Without providing evidence to back his claim, he said the nation, that was struck by Dorian as it carried winds of 185 mph, had some “very bad people and some very bad gang members and some very, very bad drug dealers”.'

https://www.independ...obox=1568057575

#9414 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:51 PM

The absolute laziness of that lie...very much a display of cruelty and comfort. One step away from "What are you gonna do about it?"

#9415 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:15 PM

John Bolton, Trump's security advisor, has been fired.

Let's all take a minute to breathe a sigh of relief, we're slightly less likely to die in a nuclear firestorm.

Okay, now let's start worrying about what new swamp monster Trump digs out.

#9416 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:46 PM

View PostAptorian, on 10 September 2019 - 05:15 PM, said:

John Bolton, Trump's security advisor, has been fired.

Let's all take a minute to breathe a sigh of relief, we're slightly less likely to die in a nuclear firestorm.

Okay, now let's start worrying about what new swamp monster Trump digs out.

One couldn't fault someone for thinking that it can't possibly get any worse than Bolton, but then one would be a fool lacking in imagination.

Good god, Bolton was bad enough, but somehow I just know that it's going to be some crazy cook who wants to nuke the world to force the rapture and go to heaven with all his other crazy fucks.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#9417 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:49 PM

I'm hoping Gary Busey will take the position. I think he would be a great choice. He was very even tempered when Meatloaf accused him of stealing his paint brush and paint palette on Celebrity Apprentice which makes him more capable then most anyone else on Trump's list.

#9418 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:04 PM

Maybe Ivanka could be the next security advisor?

#9419 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:37 PM

What does it take for republican senators to start getting alarmed. Soon the white house will be staffed by nothing but interns.

#9420 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:43 PM

There are no republican senators. There's only Zuul.

Share this topic:

• 707 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users