• You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#9381 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 August 2019 - 10:25 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 24 August 2019 - 09:21 AM, said:

https://www.independ...p-a9076016.html

Seems like it was just one individual agent acting on his own. But goddamn, if it's happened once, chances are it'll happen again and again and again.

If only that were so. It is agency-wide, embedded in the culture as fostered from the top down: https://www.buzzfeed...ist-immigration
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#9382 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 26 August 2019 - 09:50 AM

Article on Trump's campaigning approach for 2020: https://www.theguard...entity-politics

Makes for depressing reading.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 26 August 2019 - 09:50 AM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#9383 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 August 2019 - 04:35 AM

View PostCause, on 23 August 2019 - 07:39 AM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 22 August 2019 - 08:47 PM, said:

Trump and his usage of the word 'nasty' whenever he feels slighted or by a woman. The man is truly lower than a turd shat out by a leech from under a snake.

Of all the things that he does that are bad and get press coverage this one I don't get. He insults everyone. He attacks men all the time. He attacks all the time, its 90% of what he says. That he has words like nasty that he uses only against women is not to me particularly meaningful. The fact that he most recently used nasty to describe a women who was not even really attacking him is the problem. He can not let even small things slide.

When he regularly uses the word dog to attack black people, which he doesn't use against white people. That seems very meaningful.

Maybe he means 'dawg', like 'What's up, dawg?'
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#9384 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 28 August 2019 - 03:02 PM

Well this is interesting...

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#9385 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 28 August 2019 - 09:01 PM

This is probably one of those most important admissions in a long time. Political observers should really take a note at what exactly is being said in this article.

Super important article here.

https://www.bloomber...le-donald-trump

"There’s even an argument that the election itself falls within the Fed’s purview" -Bill Dudley- Formerly of Goldman Sach's, Fed Reserve NY Chairman
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#9386 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 28 August 2019 - 10:32 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 28 August 2019 - 09:01 PM, said:

This is probably one of those most important admissions in a long time. Political observers should really take a note at what exactly is being said in this article.

Super important article here.

https://www.bloomber...le-donald-trump

"There’s even an argument that the election itself falls within the Fed’s purview" -Bill Dudley- Formerly of Goldman Sach's, Fed Reserve NY Chairman

Corporate rule.

#9387 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:45 PM

#9388 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 August 2019 - 07:45 PM

This is pretty neat.

#9389 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:48 PM

View Postworry, on 30 August 2019 - 07:45 PM, said:

This is pretty neat.

While it's good to have proof that the US military has technology and ability that is more advanced than the commercial/civilian sectors, news of this technology and ability is not very surprising.

Trump tweeting this photo...also not surprising lol.

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 30 August 2019 - 10:48 PM

#9390 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 31 August 2019 - 08:03 PM

'Barring some kind of miraculous last-minute reprieve, Friday will be the last business day that the Federal Election Commission will be able to function for quite a while, leaving the enforcement of federal campaign finance laws unattended ahead of the 2020 election.
[...] In addition to collecting campaign finance data, the FEC investigates potential campaign finance violations, issues fines and gives guidance to campaigns about following election law — but not without a working quorum of at least four commissioners.

[...] Former FEC chair Michael Toner says he fears there is a "real possibility" the FEC could lack a quorum through the 2020 election. [...] Toner argues the agency's inability to act without four commissioners won't mean that campaign finance will become a "legal free zone." There's a five-year statute of limitations [...]

The FEC is not the only government agency unable to act because of a lack of a quorum. The Merit Systems Protection Board, which investigates allegations of violations of federal personnel practices, including the Hatch Act, hasn't had one for over two years.'
https://www.npr.org/...mpaign=politics

#9391 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:10 PM

Epstein update: Jean Luc Brunel has gone missing like a ghost.

I have a feeling anybody named in Epstein’s notes will meet this fate.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#9392 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 05 September 2019 - 08:08 AM

Watching that story about Trump drawing a fake hurricane circle on a map. It's face palming'ly stupid but I can't help feeling this is just distracting the news cycle from discussing a hundred other more important issues.

#9393 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 05 September 2019 - 02:38 PM

View PostAptorian, on 05 September 2019 - 08:08 AM, said:

Watching that story about Trump drawing a fake hurricane circle on a map. It's face palming'ly stupid but I can't help feeling this is just distracting the news cycle from discussing a hundred other more important issues.

I feel safe in stating there is no way he did that himself.
He told someone to bring him proof he was right and some lucky staffer way way down the chain grabbed a sharpie, said a quick prayer, and sort of hoped Alabama was around there somewhere.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#9394 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 September 2019 - 03:00 PM

View PostAbyss, on 05 September 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

View PostAptorian, on 05 September 2019 - 08:08 AM, said:

I feel safe in stating there is no way he did that himself.
He told someone to bring him proof he was right and some lucky staffer way way down the chain grabbed a sharpie, said a quick prayer, and sort of hoped Alabama was around there somewhere.

Except we know that A. Trump LOVES writing with a sharpie...and B. what staffer in their right mind would think that flaccid extra black circle he drew was going to fool/convince ANYONE? Like I would (as a staffer) at best say "Let me run this through photoshop quick"...I can't imagine any staffer would put themselves out there like this either since it's apparently a federal crime to falsify weather stats like this.

No, I think he 100% did this and did this on the fly when he saw it didn't jive with what he tweeted.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#9395 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 September 2019 - 04:54 PM

Man, those latest clips of Biden do not look good. Especially that one where he's talking about pinning a medal on a war hero. In this rinse and repeat 24 hour new cycle, they've really hammered home the point that it's going to be a problem for him going forward. Fake news? or, time to attach our hopes on another 'sure bet'?

#9396 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 05 September 2019 - 05:38 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 05 September 2019 - 04:54 PM, said:

Man, those latest clips of Biden do not look good. Especially that one where he's talking about pinning a medal on a war hero. In this rinse and repeat 24 hour new cycle, they've really hammered home the point that it's going to be a problem for him going forward. Fake news? or, time to attach our hopes on another 'sure bet'?

Im not sure what you mean but I do have to say 76 is old to president. The average of an american president is usually about 55 I think. I mean this is a job that can in pressure situations require a normal 9-5 work day, a briefing after a dinner and a 3 am wake up call to decide if the USA should shoot down an Iran plan. I just dont think its an old mans job. The hours, the stress, the cognitive decline that old age brings (even regular, not talking Alzheimer etc). The average american is 38 years old, which also means biden is 40 years out of touch with the average americans concerns.

African has a penchant for preisdens in their 70s or older and when you see your president struggling to tackle a flight of stairs you have to wonder how productive he can be on the job. Poor eyesight means longer to read. Poor hearing means longer to discuss. Too old means less hours.

Now some people are spy at 70 whereas as others are a trainwreck but its worth noting that if biden wins he would be 78 at the time of victory, 86 when he ends his two terms. 86 is no joke for possibily the most stressfull job there is.

#9397 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 05 September 2019 - 11:21 PM

I'll 100% vote for Biden if he wins the primary, but i'm all aboard the Elizabeth Warren train.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#9398 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 06 September 2019 - 11:41 AM

View PostSlow Ben, on 05 September 2019 - 11:21 PM, said:

I'll 100% vote for Biden if he wins the primary, but i'm all aboard the Elizabeth Warren train.

ChooChoo.

Warren is my first choice, Sanders is second. Biden is about 6th.

I'm not entirely sure where I play 'reddit top voted comments run for president' Andrew Yang. Same level as Biden but I'm not sure who is higher. Biden is an old, racist, corporate democrat. Yang is a young, racist, 'tech-bro' who will solve a few problems but create many more.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#9399 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:37 PM

And there it is. Told you guys it was 100% Trump who used a sharpie on the map himself. No one else around him is that fucking dumb or reactionary.

https://www.business...map-edit-2019-9

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 06 September 2019 - 01:38 PM

#9400 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 06 September 2019 - 02:02 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 06 September 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

And there it is. Told you guys it was 100% Trump who used a sharpie on the map himself. No one else around him is that fucking dumb or reactionary.

https://www.business...map-edit-2019-9

This is even better/funnier than what i thought had happened.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

• 706 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users