Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:10 AM

View Postworry, on 21 August 2019 - 11:39 PM, said:

Winced at "future generations".

He's a grade A moron.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#9362 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:07 PM

It's not stupidity...it's dementia.

My wife said it even in his early speeches...but he's showing it more and more now. Slurred speech. Balance issues. Word finding difficulties. Dragging his one foot. Nonsensical swings from insane ramblings to anger. Anger when confronted by those reporters daring to ask why he has word finding issues and such. Like it seems like he's ramping up more crazy rants and being more unhinged...it's dementia progressing.

A twitter thread

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#9363 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:22 PM

Sure it's not end stage syphilis?

#9364 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 22 August 2019 - 03:02 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 21 August 2019 - 07:44 AM, said:

View PostMezla PigDog, on 21 August 2019 - 07:08 AM, said:

Is this a distraction tactic by Trump? What is he up to domestically right now that he is trying to obscure? Is he even that clever or does the stream of consciousness just keep coming and we are the fools for trying to mould it into something coherent?

I'm sure the Danish people are devastated he isn't coming to visit your country now.

Actually, some are pretty pissed off. First he invites himself, first breach of diplomatic decorum, but okay, it'll slide. But then he says he might not come at all, and that was after all the preparations has begun. A lot of people find it rather insulting.

I thought he was invited by the Queen of Denmark?

...thus making this even more insulting....

...not that most of the Trump-voting US could find Denmark or Greenland, on a map.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#9365 User is online   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 August 2019 - 03:43 PM

View PostAbyss, on 22 August 2019 - 03:02 PM, said:

View PostPrimateus, on 21 August 2019 - 07:44 AM, said:

View PostMezla PigDog, on 21 August 2019 - 07:08 AM, said:

Is this a distraction tactic by Trump? What is he up to domestically right now that he is trying to obscure? Is he even that clever or does the stream of consciousness just keep coming and we are the fools for trying to mould it into something coherent?

I'm sure the Danish people are devastated he isn't coming to visit your country now.

Actually, some are pretty pissed off. First he invites himself, first breach of diplomatic decorum, but okay, it'll slide. But then he says he might not come at all, and that was after all the preparations has begun. A lot of people find it rather insulting.

I thought he was invited by the Queen of Denmark?

...thus making this even more insulting....

...not that most of the Trump-voting US could find Denmark or Greenland, on a map.

Most of them probably couldn't even find their own country on a map of North America.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 22 August 2019 - 03:43 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#9366 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 22 August 2019 - 03:45 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 22 August 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

My wife said it even in his early speeches...but he's showing it more and more now. Slurred speech. Balance issues. Word finding difficulties. Dragging his one foot. Nonsensical swings from insane ramblings to anger. Anger when confronted by those reporters daring to ask why he has word finding issues and such. Like it seems like he's ramping up more crazy rants and being more unhinged...it's dementia progressing.

A twitter thread

I agree it probably is, but the republicans have covered this up before with Reagan.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#9367 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 22 August 2019 - 03:59 PM

View PostLady Bliss, on 22 August 2019 - 03:45 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 22 August 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

A twitter thread

I agree it probably is, but the republicans have covered this up before with Reagan.

Yes they have indeed. And they likely will again for a time...but the level of progression he's clearly at now...means that in a years time, he may not be fit to be a primary candidate for the GOP simply by dint of showing too many dementia signs. I think he entered Stage 4 at least 6months to a year ago...and as such, the speed at which the progression now happens is within the next year he will likely progress to Stage 5. And Stage 5-7 happens lightning quick compared to Stage 1-4.

Also, it should be noted that all the other shit we know about him (narcissism, cruelty, lack of sympathy ect.) can absolutely still be true and accurate WHILE he's suffering from dementia. I think that the dementia is just exacerbating all that stuff.

There's a video out there that he posted on twitter himself of him walking across a tarmac and he's clearly swaying and drifting while the goal/destination is on front of him. He keeps having to correct from his drift to walk about 50 feet, and his swaying gait is representative of dementia patients.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 22 August 2019 - 03:59 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#9368 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

Posted 22 August 2019 - 05:26 PM

It's sad, but a lot of republicans believe this is fake news and would likely vote him again. I still have family in Texas that swears that everything is made up by the liberal news media, and they believe he's doing great for the economy. Never been better! They refuse to believe he is a racist, and don't even get them started about gun control. If they weren't family I would swear them all off.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#9369 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 22 August 2019 - 05:46 PM

View PostLady Bliss, on 22 August 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

It's sad, but a lot of republicans believe this is fake news and would likely vote him again. I still have family in Texas that swears that everything is made up by the liberal news media, and they believe he's doing great for the economy. Never been better! They refuse to believe he is a racist, and don't even get them started about gun control. If they weren't family I would swear them all off.

Good gods, you have my sympathy dealing with that.

My family all voted for Doug Ford (who is like Mini-Mini-Trump), so I can feel what you're dealing with on a smaller scale.

#9370 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:47 PM

Trump and his usage of the word 'nasty' whenever he feels slighted or by a woman. The man is truly lower than a turd shat out by a leech from under a snake.

#9371 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:24 PM

Whoopsie daisy!

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#9372 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:20 AM

It's official, John Hickenlooper is running for Senate in Colorado. It would have been nice if he had realized he had no chance at winning the 2020 presidential nomination and instead focused on the Senate all along.

He's not for sure, but has a strong chance of taking the seat from republican Cory Gardner. It would be nice if strategists would see the wisdom is trying take more seats in the Republican controlled Senate.

#9373 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:59 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 23 August 2019 - 12:20 AM, said:

It's official, John Hickenlooper is running for Senate in Colorado. It would have been nice if he had realized he had no chance at winning the 2020 presidential nomination and instead focused on the Senate all along.

He's not for sure, but has a strong chance of taking the seat from republican Cory Gardner. It would be nice if strategists would see the wisdom is trying take more seats in the Republican controlled Senate.

It may be a sound strategy to get national attention to policies prior to moving towards a senate run. I can say that I had no idea who half of these people were before they put in for presidential bids. There is certainly plenty of time to turn those campaign dollars to something more productive. I think they can do that right?

#9374 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:39 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 22 August 2019 - 08:47 PM, said:

Trump and his usage of the word 'nasty' whenever he feels slighted or by a woman. The man is truly lower than a turd shat out by a leech from under a snake.

Of all the things that he does that are bad and get press coverage this one I don't get. He insults everyone. He attacks men all the time. He attacks all the time, its 90% of what he says. That he has words like nasty that he uses only against women is not to me particularly meaningful. The fact that he most recently used nasty to describe a women who was not even really attacking him is the problem. He can not let even small things slide.

When he regularly uses the word dog to attack black people, which he doesn't use against white people. That seems very meaningful.

#9375 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:55 AM

View PostCause, on 23 August 2019 - 07:39 AM, said:

Of all the things that he does that are bad and get press coverage this one I don't get. He insults everyone. He attacks men all the time. He attacks all the time, its 90% of what he says. That he has words like nasty that he uses only against women is not to me particularly meaningful. The fact that he most recently used nasty to describe a women who was not even really attacking him is the problem. He can not let even small things slide.

Except it is meaningful. Nasty may not seem like a slur, or a derogatory thing of any import...but it is. It's LITERALLY the one word he uses to describe any woman (barring Pelosi; unless I missed it, and that's because he's scared of her) who refuses to bow and scrape to the self-proclaimed god emperor. Women who challenge him or make him look dumb are "nasty". It infantilizes them for him. Sets them into a convenient "group" that he can lay attacks on. It's intentional, and purposeful.

You also have to understand how Trump talks. He's a snake-oil salesman and a huckster. He's learned how to speak in a way that pummels through the typical speech of politicians (which is at like an grade 8 level), because it's simplistic, punctuated by simple buzzy/punch words. He uses 95% one and two syllable words, and maybe the odd 3 and 4 syllable words, but those are always ones he uses frequently (Tremendous, for example), and 5 syllable words only when he is forced (like California)...and if you watch carefully (at least in his older speeches, before the dementia started to really ravage his mind) he will correct himself mid speech to make SURE he doesn't use too many longer words. He's speaking at a 4th grade level, and its an intentional sales tactic. A salesman can sell you on an item they've never even seen because all they need to do is talk circles at you until you buckle.

And it's not about the "sale item" either. It's about the feeling he's causing in his followers. He doesn't give a fucking shit if you remember exactly what he said...just how you felt (AKA how he riled you up/rallied you up; his base anyways) when he said it...because you won't remember what the context of what it was...but you will sure as hell remember how you FELT when he said it. THAT is the purpose of "Nasty". Nasty exists in his repertoire to make sure that his supporters (and dumber GOP voters) get that flare up when he talks about it...which they will remember. From here on out, to Trumps base and some GOPers...Mitte is "nasty" and is therefore an enemy to Trump and his followers...not because of any "reason/sale"...but because by using the word he's getting an emotional reaction from his followers that they will remember.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 23 August 2019 - 11:56 AM

#9376 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:31 PM

One down, one to go.

David Koch has returned to the demonic realm of avarice

#9377 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:30 PM

Thank you, Apt. I needed some good news after reading RBG is undergoing cancer treatments again.

#9378 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:30 PM

#9379 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 24 August 2019 - 09:21 AM

https://www.independ...p-a9076016.html

Seems like it was just one individual agent acting on his own. But goddamn, if it's happened once, chances are it'll happen again and again and again.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#9380 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 24 August 2019 - 03:00 PM

https://www.nytimes....-g7-summit.html

The idea that the west is under attack by Machiavellian geniuses is starting to seem plausible

Edit- I wonder how this will end. Trump cant back down because of who he is, he really comes across as someone who would rather see the US burn than backdown. The entire nature and image of China's government similarly means they would rather see the Chinese people suffer before they would back down. Will someones economy crash (I dont think it will be that bad), will trump get voted out of office, will some deal really be reached (I dont see it). IS the G7 summit going to end in more embaressment and failure?

This post has been edited by Cause: 24 August 2019 - 03:08 PM

Share this topic:

• 706 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users