• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#9441 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 September 2019 - 07:36 PM

Im dying to know what the intelligence whistle blower was upset about. Storm in the teacup or did trump back channel deal some truly shady shit. could be nothing or really huge

______________________________________________________________________________________

never mind, far more amazing is Trump threatening to unleash the EPA on san francisco for being in violation of some regulation only he knows about regarding the homless letting used drug needles wash into storm drains. So because he wants to scale back pollution regulations on the entire nations cars he is going to single out one city for this?

This post has been edited by Cause: 19 September 2019 - 07:41 PM

#9442 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 19 September 2019 - 07:42 PM

View PostCause, on 19 September 2019 - 07:36 PM, said:

Im dying to know what the intelligence whistle blower was upset about. Storm in the teacup or did trump back channel deal some truly shady shit. could be nothing or really huge

So am I!

I'm kinda thinking that Trump, being Trump and a total fucking idiot, accidentally promised something huge that he didn't mean to, because he's an idiot.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#9443 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 September 2019 - 07:47 PM

View PostCause, on 19 September 2019 - 07:36 PM, said:

______________________________________________________________________________________

never mind, far more amazing is Trump threatening to unleash the EPA on san francisco for being in violation of some regulation only he knows about regarding the homless letting used drug needles wash into storm drains. So because he wants to scale back pollution regulations on the entire nations cars he is going to single out one city for this?

Fox News has been running a war on California for years. The state proves that social policies work, and in fact make things better. It's all con-man theater to disguise the other stuff that is happening.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#9444 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:41 PM

It's partially that for sure, pretending California is a failed state rather than (by far) the most successful one. But I also can't help but see it in line with this fash admin's efforts to expand its concentration camps project beyond the border and into the most easily targeted/inconvenient population of US citizens. Anyone who thought they were going to stop at people without status is fooling themselves (and hasn't registered how we actually use our prisons).

Sorry, I meant concentration facilities.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#9445 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 September 2019 - 08:00 PM

View PostObdigore, on 19 September 2019 - 03:50 PM, said:

View PostAptorian, on 19 September 2019 - 03:49 PM, said:

I'd also argue that whether or not they think. It'll pass, or if it will strengthen or weaken Trump's position, it has to be done out of principle. If they don't at least do the motions now, how can they do them ever again?

Right, they are telling their voters 'we'll fight for what is right, even if this won't work, we will still do it. We're willing to take a stand'. Which has been a problem with the Democrats, especially the corporate dems, for a while now.

Absolutely. Impeachment isn't a criminal proceeding anyway, it's a political one, and so much good can be done even short of conviction. IIRC (from what I've read, not that I was alive back then) most Americans opposed impeaching Nixon before the process started -- and he ended up resigning even before the House could impeach him due to what the investigation uncovered, with like 80-90% of Americans agreeing he should leave office. I don't think something that stark would happen with Trump, but who knows what else they'd dig up if they actually tried.

#9446 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 September 2019 - 03:03 AM

#9447 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 24 September 2019 - 04:09 AM

It's just opposition research, Worry. It's executive privilege. And even if it was wrong, then Trump didn't know it was wrong, which makes it fine. And who cares anyway, what about Hillary's Emails? Stop harassing the president.

I think I've just covered all Rudy Guilianis talking points the next month.

#9448 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 24 September 2019 - 09:52 PM

Impeach the mother fucker.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#9449 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:08 AM

Rudy Giulianni and Donald Trump really, truly deserve each other.

Also:

#9450 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:42 AM

View PostSlow Ben, on 24 September 2019 - 09:52 PM, said:

Impeach the mother fucker.

I wish asshole Pelosi would allow it already. This nonsense - 'we are moving forward with an official impeachment inquiry' is infuriating. It reminds me of the wheel spinning that happens on projects I'ved worked on - 'uh guys, we're going to have meetings to discuss why we have meetings'. Just do it and let that Turtle Fuck and the rest of the republicans in the senate show their spineless true colors and kill it.

#9451 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:32 PM

The white house released a transcript to strengthen their case and it does the opposite? Who is this stupid?

Edit- Also the Ukrainian president specifically mentions he stayed in trump tower, proving that accusations that foreign powers at the least believe its a way to curry favour with the president are true.

This post has been edited by Cause: 25 September 2019 - 04:46 PM

#9452 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 25 September 2019 - 05:12 PM

View PostCause, on 25 September 2019 - 04:32 PM, said:

The white house released a transcript to strengthen their case and it does the opposite? Who is this stupid?

They know how fucked they are, so their tactic is to release portions of it (damning as it is), and try to spin and normalize it.

Lindsey fucking Graham already said it would be "insane to impeach the president based off this phone call" (man, I do NOT know what they have on him, but whatever skeleton he's hiding must be insanely huge)

Make no mistake, this is the line of attack...NORMALIZE and then gaslight the entire American public.

The crimes in that simple phone call are impeachable offences and illegal multiple times over.

It's utterly disgusting that this administration is committing crimes in broad daylight, showing proof and admitting it, and then basically standing there and going "What the fuck are you going to do about it though?" and the news cycle moves on.

Your Republic is broken guys.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#9453 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 September 2019 - 06:22 PM

Maaaaaaaaybe so, QT, maybe so. Probably worth noting The Whistleblower's Complaint is apparently about several instances of concerning behavior, this phone call being just one. I suppose the admin also wants to whittle the narrative down early, to this one thing though? Even though this one thing happens to be damning on its own.

#9454 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 September 2019 - 06:36 PM

Also: https://theweek.com/...ts-nancy-pelosi

#9455 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 25 September 2019 - 06:41 PM

Lets be clear, what was released was not a transcript.

It is a 'memo' made up of notes from people who were supposedly in the room at the White House during the conversation.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#9456 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 25 September 2019 - 06:44 PM

View Postworry, on 20 September 2019 - 08:00 PM, said:

Absolutely. Impeachment isn't a criminal proceeding anyway, it's a political one, and so much good can be done even short of conviction. IIRC (from what I've read, not that I was alive back then) most Americans opposed impeaching Nixon before the process started -- and he ended up resigning even before the House could impeach him due to what the investigation uncovered, with like 80-90% of Americans agreeing he should leave office. I don't think something that stark would happen with Trump, but who knows what else they'd dig up if they actually tried.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. There are differences between this and Watergate in that Fox News was literally founded by Murdoch and Ailes to prevent another president from having those same kinds of negative numbers after the Reagan era.

#9457 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 September 2019 - 11:29 PM

#9458 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 27 September 2019 - 12:00 AM

/shrug they are going to vote for it, pass the house and die in the senate.

All those houses seats are going to be lost here really soon.

This has to be the weirdest political move I have seen and unwise... they are just putting their necks out there. This strikes me as a desperate move in the 11th hour to try to work something anything against Trump. This is there 87th time I think they have claimed impeach..wild.

The house goes red and this was a brilliant political move by Trump and Co. This was engineered

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 27 September 2019 - 12:01 AM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#9459 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 27 September 2019 - 12:31 AM

I posted 2 replies to Nic and deleted them both. The first was too mean and i dont like being mean, the second i remembered the saying about playing chess with a pigeon.

Heres some emojis instead.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#9460 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 27 September 2019 - 01:06 AM

View PostSlow Ben, on 27 September 2019 - 12:31 AM, said:

I posted 2 replies to Nic and deleted them both. The first was too mean and i dont like being mean, the second i remembered the saying about playing chess with a pigeon.

Heres some emojis instead.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The leaks came from Trumps office. CIA officer. The plot thickens as the intel community was going to go after him.

For the intel community it’s a win. If trump goes down they prolly get their war with Iran as he seem to actually be the sensible one on this argument sadly. Trump is a more pro profits anti war despite his ramblings. The CiA officer throws a wrench in the overall sceme. A spook in charge.. hmmm.

Most of the anti-trump rhetoric on a grand scale is to force another war really ..

https://www.nytimes....stleblower.html

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 27 September 2019 - 01:08 AM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

Share this topic:

• 706 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users