• You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#7981 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 10 November 2018 - 10:48 AM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 10 November 2018 - 08:42 AM, said:

Heh, apparently CNN sent Acosta to Paris at the press conference. I want an image of Trump's face if Acosta gets up and starts asking him questions.

https://thehill.com/...ver-trump-visit

Oh, to be a fly on the wall :p
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#7982 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 10 November 2018 - 12:05 PM

Comparing Republicans of various stripes with Saruman ie When the desire for power overcomes your values:

https://www.theatlan...vatives/574138/

and the responses:

https://www.theatlan...rumpers/575077/

Both articles are short and quite interesting, with a wry sense of humour.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#7983 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 10 November 2018 - 10:32 PM

https://www.independ...e-a8627571.html

I'm conflicted about what the appropriate answer is.

I'm torn between;

"So..."

and

"Because OF COURSE he cancelled!"
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#7984 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 10 November 2018 - 11:27 PM

It's kind of a big deal given America's obsession with war and the military, and especially Trump loving the military when it suits him (having parades etc)

Having said that it's just another way to show what a slimy, hypocritical cowardly moron he is.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#7985 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:02 AM

Worth recalling that Donald Trump is, on top of being our dumbest president, is also the oldest first termer we've ever had and has the physical fitness of a garbage pail kid.

Tweet won't embed but worth checking out: https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1061418913617997825

One bonus of the election is this creep will no longer be chairing any subcommittees.

This post has been edited by worry: 11 November 2018 - 02:05 AM

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#7986 User is offline   King Lear 

• Une belle quelquesomething sans merci
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 11 November 2018 - 04:56 AM

View PostNicodimas, on 10 November 2018 - 01:03 AM, said:

Really solid article on how to fix the southern problem and the GOP in general. (I would tackle the Medical monopoly problem which hit us at what 1.44 trillion.. this year alone too)

http://www.economicp...ine-is.html?m=1

It addresses the cartels and how to adequately manage/route immigration sensibly. Be warned it's from a member of the Republican Party !! Those guys I know . I know. /shivers

I like articles when they talk actual money and how you know that goes as a note versus let's accomplish all this stuff and foot someone with the bill. Drives me bonkers as that's the taxpayer, or middle class.

Super solid article on moving foward in America.

Very relevant and hope y'all read and consider. Here's to drinking for the "everything " bubble amiright ??

Just an fyi everyone, this is a link to a blog using the same name as the actually legitimate Economic Policy Journal published by Oxford :p

Just a little bit of browsing and we've got confederate revisionism, Holocaust revision, anti-civil rights, anti-women's suffrage, blatant support for fascism due to it's white-people-saving powers (refreshingly honest though!), oh, and Vox Day (which is actually kind of hilarious? But to no one's surprise has gone full 14 words now, so thanks for giving me the opportunity for that update I guess?). Fucking gross.
*Men's Frights Activist*

#7987 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:47 AM

So that's what you see when you get past an article titled "A Great Take on Climate Change From Jordan Peterson"! As usual, you are braver than I.

#7988 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 11 November 2018 - 01:30 PM

View PostKing Lear, on 11 November 2018 - 04:56 AM, said:

Really solid article on how to fix the southern problem and the GOP in general. (I would tackle the Medical monopoly problem which hit us at what 1.44 trillion.. this year alone too)

It addresses the cartels and how to adequately manage/route immigration sensibly. Be warned it's from a member of the Republican Party !! Those guys I know . I know. /shivers

I like articles when they talk actual money and how you know that goes as a note versus let's accomplish all this stuff and foot someone with the bill. Drives me bonkers as that's the taxpayer, or middle class.

Very relevant and hope y'all read and consider. Here's to drinking for the "everything " bubble amiright ??

Just an fyi everyone, this is a link to a blog using the same name as the actually legitimate Economic Policy Journal published by Oxford :p

Just a little bit of browsing and we've got confederate revisionism, Holocaust revision, anti-civil rights, anti-women's suffrage, blatant support for fascism due to it's white-people-saving powers (refreshingly honest though!), oh, and Vox Day (which is actually kind of hilarious? But to no one's surprise has gone full 14 words now, so thanks for giving me the opportunity for that update I guess?). Fucking gross.

Hmm sadly another tick on the "is Nico actually just a full on extreme right wingers hiding under an ever thinning veneer of respectability" list...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#7989 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:33 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 11 November 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

View PostKing Lear, on 11 November 2018 - 04:56 AM, said:

Hmm sadly another tick on the "is Nico actually just a full on extreme right wingers hiding under an ever thinning veneer of respectability" list...

Ok so is the article and thought process less relevant . Think for yourselves. The modern Dems are the most oppressive and critical people I have ever met. I’m sorry that didn’t associate with xxx group so it’s heresy!!!

Total non-sense.

I have always and always been on thinking for ourselves , politiks are bullocks.i totally understand why people want people to save them too.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#7990 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:37 PM

Here’s another fun article and I yet again associate with think for yourselves. Most of (my) people are veterans.. love em..

https://www.theameri...t-it-all-meant/

Remember thank your folks that made the sacrifice today !!!!!!

Love my vets and understand the real sacrifice they endured.

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 11 November 2018 - 07:37 PM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#7991 User is offline   King Lear 

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:07 PM

View Postworry, on 11 November 2018 - 06:47 AM, said:

So that's what you see when you get past an article titled "A Great Take on Climate Change From Jordan Peterson"! As usual, you are braver than I.

Oh, now I have to admit I just check the the recommended reading, in this case the "Best Sellers" list. It's a generally a good shortcut (and you don't have to actually read all the bullshit once the ol' grifter sensor starts going off; these sorts of places seldom have any new ideas, it's all just regurgitated sound bites - generally poached from the reading list).
*Men's Frights Activist*

#7992 User is offline   King Lear 

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:37 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 11 November 2018 - 07:33 PM, said:

Ok so is the article and thought process less relevant . Think for yourselves. The modern Dems are the most oppressive and critical people I have ever met. I'm sorry that didn't associate with xxx group so it's heresy!!!

Total non-sense.

I have always and always been on thinking for ourselves , politiks are bullocks.i totally understand why people want people to save them too.

I'm not a dem and neither, I suspect, is Tiste, given that he's, yano, not american.

This whole 'think for yourselves sheeple' shtick while actively promulgating white supremacist bullshit is so disingenuous. I couldn't give less of a fuck what you think of dems. Please feel free to point out where I said 'dems are good, therefore these people are bad' on my post. Oh wait, you can't, because I didn't mention anything about them, I just pointed out that your source is shitty. You are the one assuming that because this blog is "dems are bad" that, therefore, they must have something worth saying, in spite of whatever abhorrent views they might hold.

The article and thought process are absolutely and entirely less relevant. If you can't find a thought process anywhere other than from people who advocate for the oppression, disenfranchisement and death of people based on their skin colour, ethnicity or gender, then YOU need to think for yourself why that might be.
*Men's Frights Activist*

#7993 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:19 PM

Every time I think this despicable family can't get worse, they plumb a new low....

Women voting how they wish is a "disgrace", suggesting you should be nice to girls "broke my heart"

Wake me up when this madness is over, someone?
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#7994 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:47 PM

Fortunately, Andy Borowitz is a satirist (think The Onion).

#7995 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:48 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 11 November 2018 - 10:19 PM, said:

Every time I think this despicable family can't get worse, they plumb a new low....

Women voting how they wish is a "disgrace", suggesting you should be nice to girls "broke my heart"

Notice the header:

Satire from The Borowitz Report

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 11 November 2018 - 10:49 PM

#7996 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:14 PM

I mean, it's hard to satirize them because they are always somehow worse than anything you can make up about them, so non-Americans are forgiven for not catching it. That said, if you want some nightmare fuel, there's always more:

The AZ GOP (that's the state branch of the Republican Party, not a special interest group, not a lobbyist, not the 'fringe') are officially pushing the intensely anti-Semitic conspiracy theory that George Soros steals elections:

Are they rebelling against the national-level GOP or what? Why, no. Looks like they are mad at a Republican candidate for NOT going fully conspiracy theory against her slightly-in-the-lead opponent.

#7997 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:19 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 11 November 2018 - 10:48 PM, said:

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 11 November 2018 - 10:19 PM, said:

Notice the header:

Satire from The Borowitz Report

My bad chaps, sorry.

..... sort of makes me ponder the fact it's believable though!
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#7998 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 November 2018 - 01:58 AM

I believe this is the Mississippi race BK mentioned a couple times.

#7999 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:34 AM

Surely the first time he's ever avoided topless women? Probably had to fight the urge to get someone else to slip him some singles ...

https://www.news.com...dbf651791207433

Then again, he probably didn't like the fact they chose to be topless of their own free will. He prefers forcing them or dominating with his yuge bank account.
So much sweeter when it's against their will. 'A lapdance is so much better when the stripper is cryin'.

EDIT: gutless POS couldn't even go out in a bit of rain in case his merkin got wet. Probably sat in his hotel suite eating cheeseburgers.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 12 November 2018 - 12:10 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#8000 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 12 November 2018 - 12:41 PM

I came across some interesting information this weekend. The UK is 87% white. This got me wondering how so many people can be so worried that immigration is destroying the country. It does strike me as odd to see some extreme Muslims for example say they want sharia law in britian (I remember some guy saying this on BBC) but with 87% of the UK still British and not all immigrants being so extreme its a storm in a tea cup.

This lead me to the US demographics page. Their is certainly an undercurrent of white nationalism and anti-immigration going at the polls in the US. The former is also going on in the US and Europe and the latter seemingly everywhere. The US is still 72% white but the US has a seemingly weird definition where anyone from Europe, north Africa and the middle east is white. Hispanics are also considered an ethnicity and not a race and so you can identify as white Hispanic or black Hispanic. 14% of the US is Hispanic. Apparently Hispanics will be the dominant ethnicity in the US by 2048. The US is famed as a melting pot but I never realized how strong that was. I can see why for those extreme white nationalists, white power, stormfront, Klu klux Klansmen this is such a big deal and I can now understand why the subtlety in the trump campaign is playing so well to such a big base, even the marginal are getting in on the act. I expect as the demographics continue to shift this will become a much bigger problem in America and a much more polarizing force. As the demographics continue to shift I wouldn't be surprised to see even mainstream candidates drop the pretense. It seems like an issue that needs to be addressed asap.

Share this topic:

• 721 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

122 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 122 guests, 0 anonymous users