• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#9461 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 27 September 2019 - 01:36 AM

The NY Times should not be publishing a near triangulation of the whistleblower identity. We are gearing up for another Snowden or Chelsea Manning or Reality Winner persecution for revealing wrongdoing thing.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#9462 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 27 September 2019 - 01:52 AM

View Postamphibian, on 27 September 2019 - 01:36 AM, said:

The NY Times should not be publishing a near triangulation of the whistleblower identity. We are gearing up for another Snowden or Chelsea Manning or Reality Winner persecution for revealing wrongdoing thing.

Great point. I think the deep state intelligence agencies would be sitting to strike, it wouldn’t be suprising since it’s a CIA officer that this individual had the backing of the whole intel division. The admin totally knows who it is at this point. The NYtimes just lost credibility for future whistleblowers for a story..you have to admit. This being this political it probably is way more common complicated then we perceive, but’s its interesting to consider it had the full backing to be released from the intel community.

So many Edits: have a bit of a cold cough medicine is getting the best of me today

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 27 September 2019 - 02:47 AM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#9463 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 September 2019 - 02:20 AM

NYT's executive editor is absolute garbage for this. Sold his soul.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#9464 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 September 2019 - 04:56 PM

heh.... Monica Zelensky. That was worth a brief chuckle from me. Well played for once interwebs.

#9465 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 28 September 2019 - 12:26 AM

Not too bad an article for a Murdoch site.

https://www.news.com...53ab91f62a72d56

This is the part that sums it up for me:

"Donald Trump simply does not understand the distinction between America’s national interest and his own personal interest.

That is why he accuses people of treason for being disloyal to him, personally. He believes loyalty to the country means loyalty to him.

And it is why he thinks he did nothing wrong in that phone call with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky."
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#9466 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 28 September 2019 - 02:36 AM

Kinda sorta interesting if you're into the minutiae of realpolitik I guess.

Definitely the result of a deep state grudge and not a lack of impulse control from the world's dumbest Nazi-sympathizer mafioso cosplayer, and his corrupt idiot administration's fumbling to cover for him.

#9467 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 30 September 2019 - 07:04 AM

I have asked this before but what the hell happened to Rudy guilani? He is a moron? Was he always a moron? Did he just have the support of NY city after 9/11 or has he detiorated?

#9468 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 30 September 2019 - 09:19 AM

View PostCause, on 30 September 2019 - 07:04 AM, said:

I have asked this before but what the hell happened to Rudy guilani? He is a moron? Was he always a moron? Did he just have the support of NY city after 9/11 or has he detiorated?

I think he was always a moron, it's just that 9/11 happened and he sorta managed to handle that fairly competently and became known as America's Mayor.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#9469 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 30 September 2019 - 11:06 AM

View PostPrimateus, on 30 September 2019 - 09:19 AM, said:

View PostCause, on 30 September 2019 - 07:04 AM, said:

I think he was always a moron, it's just that 9/11 happened and he sorta managed to handle that fairly competently and became known as America's Mayor.

I watched an interview where he admitted he was in ukraine to essentially get dirt on bidem, he said ofcourse thats why I went to ukraine. Very next question from the interviewer and he said the interviewer was making some strong accusations. Interviewer says its not an accusation you just admitted it. Rudy denies. Interviewer says its recorded. It was unbelievable.

I think they are setting up a defense by reason of mental disease or defect.

#9470 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 30 September 2019 - 06:47 PM

Ukraine-gate , Russiagate 2.0?

https://kunstler.com...n/civil-war-on/

I like that Kunstler points out the wording of the treaty and asks the very simple question on the basis of why is this a issue ?
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#9471 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 30 September 2019 - 07:13 PM

You like that he's being wilfully stupid and ignoring the motives of the fake president?

Why would Trump give a shit about corruption in another country? I thought he was a nationalist who thinks the us should stay out of other countries matters?

Why would he send his own lawyer if this wasn't a private matter?

#9472 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 30 September 2019 - 07:33 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 30 September 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

I like that Kunstler points out the wording of the treaty and asks the very simple question on the basis of why is this a issue ?

Are you being a troll?

In any event any website that uses that combination of font and background was clearly made by a psychopath.

#9473 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 September 2019 - 07:49 PM

Who you gonna believe? Mush-brained conspiracy theorist James Kunstler or your lyin' eyes?

Anyway.

#9474 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 30 September 2019 - 09:00 PM

View PostCause, on 30 September 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

Are you being a troll?

In any event any website that uses that combination of font and background was clearly made by a psychopath.

That’s the best you got? Of course he cares if there is American treachery going on abroad he is trying to clean the swamp right ? He has to investigate these matters to make sure Americans and politicians aren’t acting illegally abroad. Now granted this creates a bit of a power argument ...

However I really fail to see how this line of inquiry is going to end well for the Democrats. /popcorn let’s see where this goes !

( I guess it goes never interrupt your enemy as they destroy themselves)

http://dcwhispers.co...ecuting-crimes/

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 30 September 2019 - 09:02 PM

#9475 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 September 2019 - 09:16 PM

Not to sound like a broken record, but doesn't anyone else find it INSANE how much Trump supporters insist we all forget that Donald Trump didn't just appear out of the ether, but has been a famously (notoriously) stupid, racist, corrupt, upward-failing rich kid celebutant for the past 4+ decades? We have to forget everything we've known about him before 2016 -- including the birtherism thing, I guess, which just happened. For most of us at the Gen X/Gen Y border, especially Americans, he has been a monstrously incompetent Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous laughingstock dumbass our entire lives. We are supposed to just pretend that wasn't real I guess. That the president is an anti-deep state warrior and isn't just that awful guy we've always known but with a failing brain and Fox News poisoning.

#9476 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 September 2019 - 09:24 PM

Like, how many layers of reality denial do you have to cocoon yourself in for that narrative to make sense?

#9477 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 30 September 2019 - 09:24 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 30 September 2019 - 09:00 PM, said:

Are you being a troll?

That’s the best you got? Of course he cares if there is American treachery going on abroad he is trying to clean the swamp right ? He has to investigate these matters to make sure Americans and politicians aren’t acting illegally abroad. Now granted this creates a bit of a power argument ...

However I really fail to see how this line of inquiry is going to end well for the Democrats. /popcorn let’s see where this goes !

That is why he didn't bother looking until Biden created an exploratory committee.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#9478 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 30 September 2019 - 10:28 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 30 September 2019 - 09:00 PM, said:

Are you being a troll?

Against my better judgment Ill play. Just this once.

As far as I can tell its a uniquely american phenomenon where people believe the american government is at war with itself in the shadows. I find it hard to lend credence to the idea that the CIA is masterminding the takedown of Donald Trump. Easier to just shoot him I would guess. Still I guess I am one of the rubes that the CIA is fooling. Moreover this conspiracy requires the tacit involvement of the fbi as well? It also involves a Russian expat who is anti russian? This is bad from an american point of view why?

Now where the thread becomes too tenuous to follow is this. Crowdstrike is owned by the russian expat. The DNC asked crowdstrike to investigate their server hack. The FBI got to investigate the server image, a perfect copy of the server logs, in computer terms their is no difference. Because the Expat knows a Ukrainian we now believe the server is kept in Ukraine. Got it. So the president doesn't call on the FBI or cia (they are the enemies in the shadow war) or his state department (possible traitors?) no he taps his personal lawyer to go to ukraine and investigate this. The former attorney general of ukraine is now on record as saying he repeatedly had to tell Rudy he cant investigate biden, because he cant find any evidence of his wrongdoing. Now trump withholds 400 million dollars of military aid to Ukraine and ask for assistance as the treaty allows him to (nothing funny here). Do we believe trump has ever read this treaty? two years ago in interviews he didnt know what or where the ukraine was.

Now maybe Biden was just too clever. He very publicly, and publicly boasted about iy, removed an ukranian prosecutor (who was never investigating his son). He clevelrly got the UN, the british, and many ukranians to ask him to gelp in this endevour too. I mean thats crafty!

#9479 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 30 September 2019 - 11:00 PM

'Trump is using Facebook to run thousands of ads about impeachment

"his reelection campaign has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on Facebook ads on the topic over the past week. [...]

"I want to know who stood with me when it mattered most, which is why my team is making me a list of EVERY AMERICAN PATRIOT who adds their name and joins the Official Impeachment Defense Taskforce," one Trump ad reads.

[...]

The Trump campaign has spent almost $20 million on Facebook ads since Facebook began publicly disclosing political ad spend in May 2018. The ad-buys eclipse that of all Democratic presidential primary candidates.

Nick Clegg, former deputy prime minister of the United Kingdom and now Facebook's vice-president of global affairs and communications, confirmed in a speech last week in Washington that Facebook would not fact-check ads run by political campaigns.

The company has partnered with third party fact-checking groups to downrank content they deem to be false but politicians will largely be exempt from this.'

https://www.cnn.com/...WoYnSRvYqvGVseg

#9480 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 October 2019 - 03:12 AM

Share this topic:

• 706 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users