• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#27461 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 11 November 2020 - 08:00 AM

We had our catalytic converter stolen too last year, from the hospital car park, as we discovered when we came back from the appointment to end our miscarriage... it was not a good day. Makes a hell of a noise and had to drive it to get my wife home then to the other side of town to get it to a garage.

Lots of gangs targeting them and expensive to make it a harder target. Ironically the replacement does the same job and is much less valuable so they won't bother again. With the benefit of hindsight you'd say why didn't they go for that secondary part instead first time around.
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#27462 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 November 2020 - 12:31 AM

I'm convinced that safe driving and people caring about safe driving is no longer a bother. On the commute home, this girl, looking at her iPhone (as per usual), almost swerved into me when we were in a two lane left turn. That is straight up not even giving one iota of a care or attention in how you are driving. Then as I was driving on major four a lane parkway, this guy is just weaving into my lane like he is the only one on the road. The quicker we can get to autonomous vehicles and be done with this not giving a fuck mentality on the roads, the better. Wish it was widely adopted by now, hopefully AV saturation is only a few years away.

#27463 User is offline   Gwynn ap Nudd 

• High Fist

Posted 12 November 2020 - 03:02 AM

View PostCyphon, on 11 November 2020 - 08:00 AM, said:

We had our catalytic converter stolen too last year, from the hospital car park, as we discovered when we came back from the appointment to end our miscarriage... it was not a good day. Makes a hell of a noise and had to drive it to get my wife home then to the other side of town to get it to a garage.

Lots of gangs targeting them and expensive to make it a harder target. Ironically the replacement does the same job and is much less valuable so they won't bother again. With the benefit of hindsight you'd say why didn't they go for that secondary part instead first time around.

That is beyond a bad day. I can't believe people would actually steal from the hospital parking. Well, I can, but that is serious idiocy.

#27464 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 12 November 2020 - 03:46 AM

View PostCyphon, on 11 November 2020 - 08:00 AM, said:

That's an awful day. I'm sorry in retrospect.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#27465 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 12 November 2020 - 08:48 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 12 November 2020 - 12:31 AM, said:

I'm convinced that safe driving and people caring about safe driving is no longer a bother. On the commute home, this girl, looking at her iPhone (as per usual), almost swerved into me when we were in a two lane left turn. That is straight up not even giving one iota of a care or attention in how you are driving. Then as I was driving on major four a lane parkway, this guy is just weaving into my lane like he is the only one on the road. The quicker we can get to autonomous vehicles and be done with this not giving a fuck mentality on the roads, the better. Wish it was widely adopted by now, hopefully AV saturation is only a few years away.

Unfortunately autonomous vehicles would also put me and some several thousand others in the country out of a job.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#27466 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 12 November 2020 - 07:32 PM

Woman, I don’t understand them.

Spoke to a girl through online dating, went well, did a video chat went well. Griped through the election period. Going well. Than she got colder. Tried to initiate a second video chat and she basically said I’m paraphrasing ‘maybe we will see what happens’. I took that to be an annoying brush off and gave up. Not she has imitated contact.

Literally yesterday I was complaining That this went bad unexpectedly.

#27467 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 12 November 2020 - 08:24 PM

One of the hard parts of online dating is that for most women, there's a deluge of dickheads, a few viable partners, and only so much time and head space available.

The experience men get is radically different than that of women, even on Bumble.

That being said, it does sound like a gentle letdown due to another possible relationship being more exciting.

That stinks, I'm sorry it happened, and it's ok to vent. I hope more possibilities come your way. I met my partner on a dating app and we didn't coalesce into a "this is serious and we're not going to see other people" phase until probably December.

#27468 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 13 November 2020 - 01:47 AM

Yeah but she came back. Yeah maybe she found someone better that didn’t work out and came back

#27469 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 13 November 2020 - 04:18 AM

That happens. What matters most is how you feel and whether you want to communicate that to her.

#27470 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 November 2020 - 04:44 PM

Oh snap, looked at the calendar and didn't realize that today was a Friday the 13th. Can't be good, especially occurring during this Y2020 of absolute shit. Take extra care out there everyone. Maybe cozy in with a nice bowl of tomato soup, a grilled cheese sandwich, that warm throw blanket and a marathon of rom-coms on Netflix on the sofa.

#27471 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 November 2020 - 09:52 PM

Was listening to a some purported comic book nerds have a discussion about iconic symbols from DC and Marvel universes (like your Batman and Superman and Captain America). Not a one of them mentioned the Punisher skull. Fuck these posers.

On the TIL side though, I learned that Batman's bat logo on his chest is designed so bad the guys' attention goes there and they aim their guns at that body armor bat logo instead of at his his head. That's what these nerd posers said anyway.

#27472 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 14 November 2020 - 02:48 AM

Do tell.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#27473 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 14 November 2020 - 05:23 AM

View PostBriar King, on 14 November 2020 - 05:08 AM, said:

View PostTsundoku, on 14 November 2020 - 02:48 AM, said:

Do tell.

Oh I just pulled alongside him and stopped, rolled my window down and gave him a double single finger salute in kind along with many choice words I regret shouting in the middle of the highway in work traffic. Fucker turned around quick to break eye contact though before I was done and continuing on towards home. I shouldn’t have done that.

Probably not, but did it feel good?

Asswipe was riding my ass close enough all I could see was a fraction of his hood and all his dash in my mirrors. So he had to have just mere inches to no more then a foot from my bumper. Why I deserved the bird to begin with I have no clue.

Maybe it was the Trump effigy you had hanging from your towbar?

;)
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#27474 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 November 2020 - 05:13 PM

Dang, it windier than a witch's tit on All Hallowe'en outside.

Wait, do witches tits get windy? I think only cold is applicable, yeah?

#27475 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 November 2020 - 11:56 PM

Oh no, don't use alpha wolf analogies. The man who wrote that book and glarbage theory was so embarrassed by it he spent years trying to have the book taken off the shelves!

#27476 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 15 November 2020 - 12:38 AM

Nah, it's just like Maccy said - a theory discredited and disinherited by it's creator. Nothing derogatory as such.

#27477 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 November 2020 - 08:57 AM

Oh yeah not derogatory, apologies if that's how it came across.

It's just been seized upon despite the attempts to discredit it, its become too entrenched in the Gen pop psych now.

It's led to a whole culture? of this alpha Vs beta male thing and feeds directly into the toxic 'masculine' ideology that gives us the whole beta cuck as a mainstream insult type thing, and the 'snowflake' liberal bullshit you see floating about an awful lot.
I'll throw in incel in there as well because it really baffles me and I can see tenuous links between it

This post has been edited by Macros: 15 November 2020 - 08:58 AM

#27478 User is offline   RACHEL 

• Captain

Posted 16 November 2020 - 07:53 PM

I've been redecorating this past year and one thing I have been collecting is wood carved animals. I had many before but I have been adding larger sculptures to my collection. The animal I have the most of is elephants. On Friday I went to an estate sale and found this huge, beautiful, wood carved elephant for only $75 and it was sold already. I am heartbroken. The deal of a lifetime, and I was too late. Well, you win some you lose some, right?

#27479 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 16 November 2020 - 09:04 PM

The local train operator company had a biiiig brain moment tonight. My train home from work was cancelled because they only had a shorter than usual train available and despite it standing right there in the station they deemed it too short to accommodate the usual commuter volume while allowing people to keep a certain distance. So far so logical, EXCEPT NOW DOUBLE THE PEOPLE CRAMMED INTO THE TRAIN AN HOUR LATER. Who could've predicted THAT?!
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#27480 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 18 November 2020 - 02:21 AM

I’m torn. Someone I know is posting on Facebook about rigged usa elections, trump is amazing and a little qanon (trump exposed pedophilia in the us government and Hollywood). I would find it a little entertaining to dismantle her post point bu point, she was kind enough to bullet point it. I am reminded however that arguing with stupid is pointless, they drag you down to their level and win with experienced.

Share this topic:

• 1521 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users