• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#28361 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 December 2021 - 01:15 PM

View PostMacros, on 20 December 2021 - 09:14 AM, said:

I channel politician mode after staff do.
No shame

Which politician? If you model yourself on Trump you can always do and say the most fucked up stupid shit, then deny clear video and audio evidence. Works a charm every time with the slow of wit.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 20 December 2021 - 01:16 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#28362 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 December 2021 - 06:13 PM

Chalk it up to the hair of the dog that bit you. You never have a hangover if you never stop drinking.

Posted Image

#28363 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 21 December 2021 - 12:46 PM

Still Zucced from Facebook until tomorrow morning for saying "fuck the British" because evidently the British are a downtrodden and marginalised race.

Meanwhile Barry from Kent can rage about lynching da imogens all he wants without repercussion.

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#28364 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 22 December 2021 - 12:24 PM

Life was getting a bit too much so I decided to take some time off away from everything to refocus and get myself back on track.

My main gripe…

My mother had COVID real bad for a month or so but she is ok now at least.

She had refused the vaccine as "God told her he would protect her from getting it!" Well that worked out well, she got it…

Over the last few years she has gone really religious and has got in with a group (cult I call them) who call themselves the Alphas. They claim to receive messages from God and can speak in tongues…

The person who claims to speak in tongues told them all God will protect them from getting infected and had told him to warn everyone that the vaccine is dangerous… knobhead, if I run into him we'll be having words.

So hardly any of them got the vaccine and there was a large scale COVID breakout at their church.

Rather than having their faith knocked a little and them seeing sense to get the vaccine they've doubled down saying it was a test from God and it was God who made sure they survived having COVID and protected them whilst they had it…

There is no talking to any of them and they still refuse the vaccine as they now believe they do not need it, I'm left shaking my head, extremely disappointed in my mother, such selfish actions.

This post has been edited by champ: 22 December 2021 - 12:25 PM

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#28365 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 22 December 2021 - 12:46 PM

Oof that's rough, champ. I hate that churches are doing this. Like, I'm a committed Christian and I have been double vaxxed and boosted and the message from my church is we need to all do our part to help fight it! It infuriates me that so many are being led to death and illness in the name of God. It's nothing new of course but you'd think people would have cottoned into it...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#28366 User is offline   champ 

Posted 22 December 2021 - 03:55 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 22 December 2021 - 12:46 PM, said:

Oof that's rough, champ. I hate that churches are doing this. Like, I'm a committed Christian and I have been double vaxxed and boosted and the message from my church is we need to all do our part to help fight it! It infuriates me that so many are being led to death and illness in the name of God. It's nothing new of course but you'd think people would have cottoned into it...

Exactly that, Tiste. I tried to argue that going unvaccinated puts other, vulnerable people at risk and that isn't exactly a Christian thing to do... the response? Well if they are good people then God will protect them.... ARGH!

It's just all getting a bit out of hand with this new group my mother is a member of. When Trump was in charge the group was convinced that he was going to strike a peace deal in the Middle-East which was one of the first signs that the apocalypse was coming. I was told to seek my own salvation before it is too late... they genuinely believed the world was coming to an end.

Idiots.

This post has been edited by champ: 22 December 2021 - 03:55 PM

Tehol said:

#28367 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 22 December 2021 - 04:06 PM

Dear lord Champ, thats terrifying. Hopefully she comes to her senses.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#28368 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 22 December 2021 - 04:12 PM

View Postchamp, on 22 December 2021 - 03:55 PM, said:

Exactly that, Tiste. I tried to argue that going unvaccinated puts other, vulnerable people at risk and that isn't exactly a Christian thing to do... the response? Well if they are good people then God will protect them.... ARGH!

It's just all getting a bit out of hand with this new group my mother is a member of. When Trump was in charge the group was convinced that he was going to strike a peace deal in the Middle-East which was one of the first signs that the apocalypse was coming. I was told to seek my own salvation before it is too late... they genuinely believed the world was coming to an end.

Idiots.

What about saying that God's protection IS the vaccine?

A variation on the man in the flood parable:

A storm descends on a small town, and the downpour soon turns into a flood. As the waters rise, the local preacher kneels in prayer on the church porch, surrounded by water. By and by, one of the townsfolk comes up the street in a canoe.

"Better get in, Preacher. The waters are rising fast."

"No," says the preacher. "I have faith in the Lord. He will save me."

Still the waters rise. Now the preacher is up on the balcony, wringing his hands in supplication, when another guy zips up in a motorboat.

"Come on, Preacher. We need to get you out of here. The levee's gonna break any minute."

Once again, the preacher is unmoved. "I shall remain. The Lord will see me through."

After a while the levee breaks, and the flood rushes over the church until only the steeple remains above water. The preacher is up there, clinging to the cross, when a helicopter descends out of the clouds, and a state trooper calls down to him through a megaphone.

"Grab the ladder, Preacher. This is your last chance."

Once again, the preacher insists the Lord will deliver him.

And, predictably, he drowns.

A pious man, the preacher goes to heaven. After a while he gets an interview with God, and he asks the Almighty, "Lord, I had unwavering faith in you. Why didn't you deliver me from that flood?"

God shakes his head. "What did you want from me? I sent you two boats and a helicopter."

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#28369 User is offline   champ 

Posted 22 December 2021 - 05:05 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 22 December 2021 - 04:06 PM, said:

Dear lord Champ, thats terrifying. Hopefully she comes to her senses.

I do not have much hope to be honest... I thought that after she was diagnosed with COVID that would be the eye opener, especially when she was so adamant that she would not get it thanks to God's protection but she never blinked and doubled down.

Her friend got the vaccine and was still hospitalised with COVID, she tried to use that as an argument that the vaccine isn't all it is cracked up to be... when I told her that her friend would probably be dead without the vaccine as it hit her that hard that made her pause, you could see the brain cogs working there.

View PostQuickTidal, on 22 December 2021 - 04:12 PM, said:

View Postchamp, on 22 December 2021 - 03:55 PM, said:

Idiots.

What about saying that God's protection IS the vaccine?

A variation on the man in the flood parable:

A storm descends on a small town, and the downpour soon turns into a flood. As the waters rise, the local preacher kneels in prayer on the church porch, surrounded by water. By and by, one of the townsfolk comes up the street in a canoe.

"Better get in, Preacher. The waters are rising fast."

"No," says the preacher. "I have faith in the Lord. He will save me."

Still the waters rise. Now the preacher is up on the balcony, wringing his hands in supplication, when another guy zips up in a motorboat.

"Come on, Preacher. We need to get you out of here. The levee's gonna break any minute."

Once again, the preacher is unmoved. "I shall remain. The Lord will see me through."

After a while the levee breaks, and the flood rushes over the church until only the steeple remains above water. The preacher is up there, clinging to the cross, when a helicopter descends out of the clouds, and a state trooper calls down to him through a megaphone.

"Grab the ladder, Preacher. This is your last chance."

Once again, the preacher insists the Lord will deliver him.

And, predictably, he drowns.

A pious man, the preacher goes to heaven. After a while he gets an interview with God, and he asks the Almighty, "Lord, I had unwavering faith in you. Why didn't you deliver me from that flood?"

God shakes his head. "What did you want from me? I sent you two boats and a helicopter."

That's a smart way to argue it, I think I'll use that next time, cheers. It's bound to come up as she still refuses the vaccine.

Tehol said:

#28370 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 22 December 2021 - 05:54 PM

View Postchamp, on 22 December 2021 - 05:05 PM, said:

That's a smart way to argue it, I think I'll use that next time, cheers. It's bound to come up as she still refuses the vaccine.

I hope you find luck with it. I know how hard it is to have a family member reject the vaccine like this.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#28371 User is offline   champ 

Posted 22 December 2021 - 09:12 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 22 December 2021 - 05:54 PM, said:

View Postchamp, on 22 December 2021 - 05:05 PM, said:

I hope you find luck with it. I know how hard it is to have a family member reject the vaccine like this.

Cheers, QT, it's just unnecessary stress and risk for everyone involved isn't it, hopefully you found peace with your situation too.

Tehol said:

#28372 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 23 December 2021 - 08:47 AM

Damn that's rough. I didn't realise we had America style cults here. Have to ask myself if people genuinely believe this stuff or if they're just using faith as an excuse to refuse to comply.

There's so much "But I refuse!" going on in my local area lately. Barely anyone is bothering with masks. Infection rate is spiking, I have a few coworkers off with it, a number of friends have tested positive across the last week... But people won't comply with being asked to wear a mask! We're done taking orders apparently. And yeah, the malicious incompetence of the Tories is an inherently understandable justification for people's anger and attitude, but people are becoming more and more unreasonable of late.

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#28373 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 24 December 2021 - 12:06 AM

I had heard all of you complain about some of the American movie goers in the past but wow!

4 guys came into Spider-Man about an hour late, they didn’t care though because it’s there 3rd viewing. I know this because one of them took a phone call during the movie and said though. They instagrammed the movie. They took pictures and selfies with the flash on. I had to say something eventually which scared them off from where I was seated but they went to smoke weed in the corner. Eventually they came back. Honestly sometimes I think the right to fight people in public over manners needs to make a comeback.

#28374 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 24 December 2021 - 02:25 AM

View PostCause, on 24 December 2021 - 12:06 AM, said:

Honestly sometimes I think the right to fight people in public over manners needs to make a comeback.

Unfortunately the very same people who need a good public thrashing will be in groups, and their behaviour already indicates they will not feel compelled to play by any "rules".

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 24 December 2021 - 02:25 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#28375 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 December 2021 - 07:07 PM

What the hell, got a phone book on my front stoop. I didn't know phone books were still a thing. I haven't seen one for sometime now. Haven't looked at it, still in plastic bag (I threw it on the kitchen table before bookin' it out the door). I'm guessing it is chock full of advertisements.

#28376 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 28 December 2021 - 07:27 PM

I think I'm getting soft(er) in my old age. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for the English cricket team.

Might have to go back and rewatch "Bodyline" and "Gallipoli" to restore the hate. :hulk:

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 29 December 2021 - 12:51 AM

#28377 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 28 December 2021 - 07:53 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 24 December 2021 - 02:25 AM, said:

View PostCause, on 24 December 2021 - 12:06 AM, said:

Honestly sometimes I think the right to fight people in public over manners needs to make a comeback.

Unfortunately the very same people who need a good public thrashing will be in groups, and their behaviour already indicates they will not feel compelled to play by any "rules".

... and, in the United States, come back with guns (if they're not carrying already)....

'Two men killed outside Club Risque among many shot in Philadelphia overnight

[...] the 32-year-old man and three other unidentified men were standing outside Club Risque when another man began to pick to a fight with the 32-year-old. After the argument, the 32-year-old man and the three men jumped the unknown man, police said. Police did not release the names of the two victims.

The man who had been assaulted had a friend nearby who pulled out a gun and shot at the 32-year-old man and his three friends, police said. The man who had been assaulted then fled on foot and the shooter, who has not been identified, drove away[...]

No arrests had been reported as of Tuesday morning.'

https://www.inquirer...e-20211228.html

#28378 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 December 2021 - 02:14 AM

Dang, seems like deaths always come faster as the calendar year ends. Desmond Tutu, John Madden and Harry Reid. RIP.

#28379 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 31 December 2021 - 06:50 PM

Fires. Calendar turns to Jan. 1 tomorrow. Unprecedented.

#28380 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 31 December 2021 - 08:19 PM

Betty White died! :apt:
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

Share this topic:

• 1522 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users