Malazan Empire: Ye Big Cricket Thread - Malazan Empire

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Cricket Thread Because why make a new topic every time?

#61 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 June 2024 - 04:47 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 13 June 2024 - 07:48 AM, said:

So I've tried to be good open minded father. I've always thought I'd support my kids no matter their choices or lifestyles.

But my son is now getting keen on cricket and I'm just not sure I can deal with it.

Oh sorry I thought this was the messing with my groove thread!

As an evolution of cricket, there should be a sport called locust---in which, during the boring parts of cricket, the players all sing, shriek, and have as much sex and devour as much as they can, only to go back to playing cricket (i.e., hibernating deep underground) whenever someone actually spanks one of their balls, and they all race after the flying ball (as if it were their lost last testicle or something...).

#62 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 15 June 2024 - 06:28 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 15 June 2024 - 04:47 PM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 13 June 2024 - 07:48 AM, said:

So I've tried to be good open minded father. I've always thought I'd support my kids no matter their choices or lifestyles.

But my son is now getting keen on cricket and I'm just not sure I can deal with it.

Oh sorry I thought this was the messing with my groove thread!

As an evolution of cricket, there should be a sport called locust---in which, during the boring parts of cricket, the players all sing, shriek, and have as much sex and devour as much as they can, only to go back to playing cricket (i.e., hibernating deep underground) whenever someone actually spanks one of their balls, and they all race after the flying ball (as if it were their lost last testicle or something...).

See, I'd watch THAT...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#63 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 16 June 2024 - 02:57 AM

You're a weird cat AVD ... :ermm:

Scotland made heaps of runs against us 180 - plus we dropped 6 catches! Yuck, terrible fielding. :(
Ah well, it's win-win really because if we lose, Scotland go through at the expense of England. And wouldn't that just be a shame? ;)

Not that we would deliberately lose, but it's been fun watching the conspiracy theories run through England after Josh Hazlewood's offhand comments. Talk about living rent-free in English heads ... :D
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#64 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 16 June 2024 - 09:57 AM

Phew, The Great Escape!

Ah well, sorry Scotland, you had a red-hot go and gave us a real scare. Unlike England.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#65 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 23 June 2024 - 09:35 AM

Blerg. Well played Afghanistan, but geez we batted like absolute shite.

Hopefully recover against India, but it's a tall order.

#66 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 24 June 2024 - 09:42 PM

Yup, as expected we went to shit against India. Although only one made runs (Rohit), it was more than enough.

Ah well, looks like Afghanistan will go through if (when) they beat Bangladesh. Only takes one bad game at the serious end of the tournament and it's all over. :(

#67 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 25 June 2024 - 07:57 AM

Well, Bangladesh gave themselves a good shot then stuffed it.

Not too fond of Trott and Naib's cheating slowing the game down at the end. Surely there should be some sort of punishment from the ICC, especially since it's not India?

On Afghanistan, while I am generally a supporter of theirs and a big fan of Rashid Khan since day one in the Big Bash League here years ago, does anyone else (I'm flattering myself others read this thread :p) think it odd that the Saffers couldn't play international cricket for decades because they had a non-inclusive society, but Afghanistan is allowed to?

#68 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 30 June 2024 - 07:11 AM

Well, OK.

The semis were both absolutely horrific slaughters. Poor AFG capitulated for 56 against SA and SA sleepwalked it in a few overs.
And England got completely outclassed by India. I've been trying to contain my schadenfreude since then. ;)

And the final - quite a match. India winners by 7 after SA needed 30 from 30. This won't do wonders for their long-held "choker" tag. Any decent sports psychologists in SA are going to making big bikkies over the next few years. At least.

And that's it for this T20 WC. Count on there being a LOT of new faces in the major teams by the time the next one rolls around in ... 2 years. :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 30 June 2024 - 07:12 AM

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

15 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users