Malazan Empire: Ye Big Cricket Thread - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Cricket Thread Because why make a new topic every time?

#41 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 October 2023 - 11:51 AM

Well, we're already fucked in this edition of the ODI World Cup. Pathetic batting. We won't even make 200.

People are saying it's like a 4th or so day minefiled/spinners paradise and how did this happen blah blah blah ...

Seriously? How are people surprised that India, at home, with 2 of the best spinners in the world, doctored up a fucking spinner's paradise of a pitch?
Against us with fuck-all spinners in the squad worth spit.
Dear God, people are dumb.

On the plus side, it was nice to see Unzudd utterly humiliate England in the first match the other day. Even if there was only 5 spectators in a stadium that can seat 130,000.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#42 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 12 October 2023 - 08:06 PM

Good grief, another thrashing. This time at the hands of South Africa. That's it man, game over. :doh:
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#43 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 20 October 2023 - 09:03 PM

Well, a good win over Sri Lanka and another over Pakistan - due only to a monster opening stand between Marsh and Warner of 259 before an inexcuseable collapse by the middle order - have us up to 4th now.
Thanks also to some massive upsets in other matches, including Afghanistan beating England :cheers: and Netherlands over South Africa.
Still need to win all our remaining round robin matches to make the semis. And this includes against NZ and England. :unsure:

#44 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 25 October 2023 - 08:29 PM

Sorry Gorefest and Netherlands. :shock:

Well, Maxwell finally turned up. And how. 100 off 40 deliveries. Whoa. Biggest WC victory margin by runs ever (309).

https://www.news.com...5fc791cbd551d19

We still have to play NZ and England though, so we'll see. Fingers crossed ...

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 25 October 2023 - 08:49 PM

#45 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 28 October 2023 - 01:10 PM

OMFG what a nerve-shredding match. My stomach is still doing flip-flops and my heartrate is still in "way too rapid" territory. :shock:

Australia win a very, very close one over NZ. Mitchell Starc bowling absolute shite didn't help our cause. :(

Afghanistan, England and Bangladesh to go ... will we make the semis? :unsure:

#46 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 28 October 2023 - 05:48 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 25 October 2023 - 08:29 PM, said:

Sorry Gorefest and Netherlands. :shock:

Well, Maxwell finally turned up. And how. 100 off 40 deliveries. Whoa. Biggest WC victory margin by runs ever (309).

https://www.news.com...5fc791cbd551d19

We still have to play NZ and England though, so we'll see. Fingers crossed ...

No worries, nobody in the Netherlands will even have realised that this was a thing as nobody watches cricket. It is a complete blind spot for us. We vaguely heard that there was a victory involving South Africa a few weeks ago and that that was unexpected, but I hadn't even realised we were still in this thing. Not really a record anyone will lose much sleep over, I don't think.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 28 October 2023 - 05:49 PM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#47 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 04 November 2023 - 11:06 PM

How sweet it is. :D

https://www.news.com...71882644694da56

‘Embarrassing’: World reacts as Australia dump ‘shambolic’ Poms out of World Cup
England’s nightmare one-day World Cup humiliation is officially over — and Australia had the honour of striking the final blow.

#48 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 07 November 2023 - 06:51 PM

OMFG Glenn Maxwell you utter freak!!!!! :shock: :thumbsup:

https://www.news.com...2c474f4aab99f2f

‘Just ridiculous’: Glenn Maxwell double ton is ‘greatest innings ever’
Australia was almost dead and buried at 7/91 chasing 292 against Afghanistan before Glenn Maxwell delivered an innings for the cricket gods.

#49 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 12 November 2023 - 10:23 AM

OK, talk about your last over heroics ... :shock:

https://www.news.com...e9852fcf6848896

Local cricket hero takes six wickets in six balls in final over miracle
When you go into the last over of a one-day match needing five runs with six wickets in hand, you really shouldn’t be bowled out.

-----------------------------

I wonder if there were any bookmakers involved? :p

#50 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 15 November 2023 - 07:57 PM

So, India into the final. Commiserations NZ.

Tonight it's Aus v SA in the other semi, but they're predicting major rain from a cyclone near Kolkata. If it's rained out SA go through on higher net run rate, so let's hope the rain stays away.

#51 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 16 November 2023 - 07:10 PM

Oh thank goodness.

Sorry (not sorry) South Africa, but your curse strikes again.

Aus are going to have to play out of their skins against this amazing India team in the final.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 16 November 2023 - 07:10 PM

#52 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 19 November 2023 - 07:51 PM

And so Aus did. Colour me as surprised as anyone, but we'll take that. :thumbsup:

#53 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 29 January 2024 - 10:54 AM

Dirty filthy stinking hypocrite Poms. :realmad:

‘Moral loss’: Divisive act shows pure England hypocrisy
England has opened Pandora’s box with a divisive cricket act that shows the Poms know nothing about the spirit of cricket.

https://www.news.com...171872d7bce5f49

Where's your "Spirit of cricket" now, you scummy flogs? :p

I hope the Indian press and fans give them absolute hell.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 29 January 2024 - 10:55 AM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users