Malazan Empire: Twilight Imperium V: Revengeance - Chatty Thread - Malazan Empire

• 89 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium V: Revengeance - Chatty Thread

#61 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 September 2020 - 06:34 AM

Hey IH, we sort of border all over the place, but I think at the same time we're not really in any immediate competition for systems. Hope we can find a peaceful coexistence, and some trade.

twelve, we'll be neighbors quite quick I think. I have a pretty direct route to Rex, but I am not so sure I want to be the center of attention like that, so maybe we can find an understanding.

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 02 September 2020 - 06:34 AM

Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#62 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 02 September 2020 - 06:36 AM

Yeah weird map! Hope things remain peaceful and there are no horrofoc misunderstandings around action cards.

I will have a command token for sale for 2TG or alternate payment every turn for those who can trade with me.

#63 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 September 2020 - 06:39 AM

D'rek can we remove the action card which changes the direction of voting, it has no impact in our forum rules. I think the action card which syeals commodities should also be taken out as it is largely useless with our house rules.

#64 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 September 2020 - 06:46 AM

Twelve which starting tech did you pick?

#65 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 02 September 2020 - 06:47 AM

Blend, I'd be happy to return the favour if you refresh my commodities.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#66 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 September 2020 - 06:59 AM

That goes without saying Blend. Me too.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#67 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 September 2020 - 12:37 PM

I could also go for that deal

#68 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 02 September 2020 - 12:56 PM

Most likely I'll give out free refreshes for promises of free refreshes, but I want to see where we're at by the time we get to me playing Trade before I make any solid decisions on that!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#69 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 02 September 2020 - 12:57 PM

Hope D'rek doesn't mind - I went ahead and threw in a Custodians placeholder and got the action phase started! IH is up!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#70 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:11 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 02 September 2020 - 05:09 AM, said:

View PostD, on 01 September 2020 - 05:51 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 01 September 2020 - 05:19 PM, said:

there's like 1 counter pick in this game, and that's Muaat vs Arborec.

I'd include:

Nekro vs Jol-nar

Letnev vs Xxcha

Mentak vs Hacan

as pretty big counter picks, and there's other lesser ones like Xxcha vs Yssaril.

Nekro aren't stronger against Jol-Nar, they just have an incentive to attack. I don't think that's a counter pick, it doesn't ruin anything for the Jol Nar. Mentak is a nuisance to the Hacan, but i'd argue less so than the races dependent on the few commodities thet can get, eg Letnev for instance. Why would Letnev be a counter pick to Xxcha?

Xxcha usually rely on PDS for defense since they start with two and graviton laser systems plus their flagship. Letnev are the best at pushing through PDS, since they can easily mass destroyers to take GLS shots, double-sustain-damage, and ignore space cannon on invasions.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#71 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:12 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 02 September 2020 - 06:20 AM, said:

View PostD, on 02 September 2020 - 04:08 AM, said:

Everyone make sure you take a look at the 3rd post in the Game Thread. I've made it into a sort of "configuration template" (that could be reused in all future games) where it officially points out which rules/variants are and aren't in-play for this game. Then I've re-organized a lot of the Reference Thread (though there's still some more work to be done there) around that. So when you see "Promissory Notes: Omega Set" in the Game Thread's official configuration post, you know that you can go to the Promissory Notes post in the Reference Thread, expand the Omega Set and you'll see exactly which Promissory Notes are being used in this game, etc

For stuff that comes from the Codex I've made the text green so you can more easily spot what's changed, too. For stuff that is forum-specific house-rules/custom content I've used purple.

Part of my thinking on this is that it's gonna get even more complicated when the expansion comes out, so good to get into the mentality of these "sets" and the rules/configuration post now. Then when the expansion comes out and we have stuff like...

Secret Objectives: Core Set + PoK Set
Action Cards: All Core Cards + All Codex 1 Cards + PoK Cards

...etc we'll not be too horribly confused I hope.

That's really good d'rek, one thing missing though how many VP we are playing too!

Oh yeeeeeeah.

It's the standard 10. Will add to the ppost.

View PostImperial Historian, on 02 September 2020 - 06:39 AM, said:

D'rek can we remove the action card which changes the direction of voting, it has no impact in our forum rules. I think the action card which syeals commodities should also be taken out as it is largely useless with our house rules.

Yes. I need to give them all another read-through.

View PostBlend, on 02 September 2020 - 12:57 PM, said:

Hope D'rek doesn't mind - I went ahead and threw in a Custodians placeholder and got the action phase started! IH is up!

:thumbup:

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#72 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:13 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 02 September 2020 - 06:46 AM, said:

Twelve which starting tech did you pick?

Antimass
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#73 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:15 PM

Ah the Naluu! I was wondering why Blend skipped to the head of the inititive order.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#74 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:09 PM

Blend IH would you both like to swap commodities? 2:2 when it comes round

#75 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:15 PM

I could do that. I have my racial PN for trade as well which would give you a free CT at strategy phase if you promise to use it straight away.

I would be interested in the use of lazar for the yellow skip if a deal can be worked out.

#76 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:19 PM

Also Blend if you can touch the planet to my south west, Mehar Xull I think, this round then what do you think about this deal?

Free refresh, exchange of commodities however you'd like 3:3, 2:2.

I'll also throw in my racial for 1 tg. Not sure what the price I'll ask for going forward but you get it for 1 TG on the provisional that you wait until my strategic counters are used up and use it round 1.

#77 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:22 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 02 September 2020 - 04:15 PM, said:

I could do that. I have my racial PN for trade as well which would give you a free CT at strategy phase if you promise to use it straight away.

I would be interested in the use of lazar for the yellow skip if a deal can be worked out.

Can you take Lazar round 1 with minimum force. It's a pain loaning planets because it takes so much time to do. I'm not averse to you using it. If not round one then we'll have to come up with some sort of deal.

What do you have in mind?

#78 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:22 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 02 September 2020 - 04:19 PM, said:

Also Blend if you can touch the planet to my south west, Mehar Xull I think, this round then what do you think about this deal?

I'll also throw in my racial for 1 tg. Not sure what the price I'll ask for going forward but you get it for 1 TG on the provisional that you wait until my strategic counters are used up and use it round 1.

I've already got a deal with Twelve for commodity exchange. Really whether or not I can neighbour you this round will depend on when Warfare gets played. I need to use the secondary to build a carrier or I won't be able to move out from my home system.

#79 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:26 PM

View PostBlend, on 02 September 2020 - 04:22 PM, said:

I've already got a deal with Twelve for commodity exchange. Really whether or not I can neighbour you this round will depend on when Warfare gets played. I need to use the secondary to build a carrier or I won't be able to move out from my home system.

If it does work out and I can get to neighbouring you this round, I'm likely interested in your PN. Will discuss once I know when Morgoth is gonna pop Warfare.

#80 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:31 PM

View PostBlend, on 02 September 2020 - 04:22 PM, said:

Ask Morgoth to play warfare turn two for a free refresh.

If no to commodity exchange then if you do border with your cruiser or whatever then you can still buy my racial. It'll give you infantry on one of your planets.

In fact just the free refresh and exchange 3 of your tgs for 2 of my commodities plus my racial? Would that be amenable?

Share this topic:

• 89 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users