Malazan Empire: Twilight Imperium V: Revengeance - Chatty Thread - Malazan Empire

• 89 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium V: Revengeance - Chatty Thread

#41 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 September 2020 - 09:01 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 01 September 2020 - 08:51 PM, said:

Twelve are you my other neighbour?

Corneeq/Resculon similar deal to IH. One planet each? Whoever gets there first chooses, leaves the other free?

Nope. Was one of the main reasons I picked my starting spot so I dont neighbor you. We've already done me as Winnu you as Sol while we were neighbors.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#42 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 01 September 2020 - 09:06 PM

View Posttwelve, on 01 September 2020 - 09:01 PM, said:

Corneeq/Resculon similar deal to IH. One planet each? Whoever gets there first chooses, leaves the other free?

Nope. Was one of the main reasons I picked my starting spot so I dont neighbor you. We've already done me as Winnu you as Sol while we were neighbors.

As you saw I started off negotiating nicely but it'll be fun seeing you take Rex round 2. I'm curious to how you're going to do it. Good luck!

By the by I'm trustworthy. You got to deal in good faith.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#43 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 01 September 2020 - 09:08 PM

Blend would you add Promissory Notes to the reference thread when you get a chance? Be good to see what everyone has available

#44 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 01 September 2020 - 09:09 PM

View PostD, on 01 September 2020 - 08:51 PM, said:

Ok, setup is all finished! I'll get the map finalized this evening and we'll be ready to roll!

Nice one Drek. Thanks for the update regarding Omega as well as I was thinking the same as Morgoth looking for it.

#45 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 01 September 2020 - 09:17 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 01 September 2020 - 09:08 PM, said:

Blend would you add Promissory Notes to the reference thread when you get a chance? Be good to see what everyone has available

I'll add this tonight (originals and the Omegas)

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#46 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 01 September 2020 - 09:34 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 01 September 2020 - 08:00 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 01 September 2020 - 05:40 PM, said:

Sol and Winnu return again.

Hmm trying to decide on what to pick.

Tatts Abyz/Fria, we both have equal interest in it, how do you feel about splitting it?

I haven't thought anywhere near that far ahead but it's a option. Whoever gets there first gets Abyz? Moves out so no battle takes place and leaves Fria free. If Fria gets invaded then the deal is off? Fair

You mean if abyz gets invaded? That could work

#47 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 September 2020 - 09:36 PM

Blend I was hoping you would pick trade round 1. If you claim the starpoint system as your first action I'll move to be your neighbor and if you give me a free refesh I'll do a 3 for 3 with you. You interested?

#48 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 September 2020 - 10:28 PM

We should probably wait until the objectives have been revealed before we start to pick cards. Probably wont change my mind though

#49 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 01 September 2020 - 10:31 PM

View Posttwelve, on 01 September 2020 - 09:36 PM, said:

Blend I was hoping you would pick trade round 1. If you claim the starpoint system as your first action I'll move to be your neighbor and if you give me a free refesh I'll do a 3 for 3 with you. You interested?

Will definitely be going to Starpoint/New Albion first, so yes, I agree to the above. That being said, I'm hoping we can work something out re: Torkan/Tequ'ran, I may want the influence from Torkan at some point.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#50 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 01 September 2020 - 10:32 PM

View Posttwelve, on 01 September 2020 - 10:28 PM, said:

We should probably wait until the objectives have been revealed before we start to pick cards. Probably wont change my mind though

Whatever POs are revealed wouldn't change my strategy card pick either, so meh!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#51 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 01 September 2020 - 10:33 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 01 September 2020 - 08:55 PM, said:

Aim this at you Blend then ...

Sure - you're likely to get there first anyway, but I'm all for any non-confrontational deals.

#52 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 01 September 2020 - 10:36 PM

View PostBlend, on 01 September 2020 - 10:32 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 01 September 2020 - 10:28 PM, said:

Whatever POs are revealed wouldn't change my strategy card pick either, so meh!

^^

Feel free to wait if you want, but if it doesn't make a difference for you I have no qualms about you picking sooner

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#53 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 01 September 2020 - 10:37 PM

The first two POs are:

Develop Weaponry -- 1VP -- Status Phase -- Own 2 unit upgrade technologies.
Erect a Monument -- 1VP -- Status Phase -- Spend 8 resources.

#54 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:08 AM

Everyone make sure you take a look at the 3rd post in the Game Thread. I've made it into a sort of "configuration template" (that could be reused in all future games) where it officially points out which rules/variants are and aren't in-play for this game. Then I've re-organized a lot of the Reference Thread (though there's still some more work to be done there) around that. So when you see "Promissory Notes: Omega Set" in the Game Thread's official configuration post, you know that you can go to the Promissory Notes post in the Reference Thread, expand the Omega Set and you'll see exactly which Promissory Notes are being used in this game, etc

For stuff that comes from the Codex I've made the text green so you can more easily spot what's changed, too. For stuff that is forum-specific house-rules/custom content I've used purple.

Part of my thinking on this is that it's gonna get even more complicated when the expansion comes out, so good to get into the mentality of these "sets" and the rules/configuration post now. Then when the expansion comes out and we have stuff like...

Secret Objectives: Core Set + PoK Set
Action Cards: All Core Cards + All Codex 1 Cards + PoK Cards

...etc we'll not be too horribly confused I hope.

#55 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 02 September 2020 - 05:09 AM

View PostD, on 01 September 2020 - 05:51 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 01 September 2020 - 05:19 PM, said:

there's like 1 counter pick in this game, and that's Muaat vs Arborec.

I'd include:

Nekro vs Jol-nar

Letnev vs Xxcha

Mentak vs Hacan

as pretty big counter picks, and there's other lesser ones like Xxcha vs Yssaril.

Nekro aren't stronger against Jol-Nar, they just have an incentive to attack. I don't think that's a counter pick, it doesn't ruin anything for the Jol Nar. Mentak is a nuisance to the Hacan, but i'd argue less so than the races dependent on the few commodities thet can get, eg Letnev for instance. Why would Letnev be a counter pick to Xxcha?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#56 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 September 2020 - 05:50 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 01 September 2020 - 09:34 PM, said:

Tatts Abyz/Fria, we both have equal interest in it, how do you feel about splitting it?

I haven't thought anywhere near that far ahead but it's a option. Whoever gets there first gets Abyz? Moves out so no battle takes place and leaves Fria free. If Fria gets invaded then the deal is off? Fair

So whoever gets there first only lands troops on Abyz if troops land on Fria aswel then the deal is off.

#57 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 September 2020 - 06:05 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 02 September 2020 - 05:50 AM, said:

So whoever gets there first only lands troops on Abyz if troops land on Fria aswel then the deal is off.

That seems pointless. If they are leaving anyway they may as well get the potential benefit of the other planet.

#58 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 September 2020 - 06:07 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 02 September 2020 - 06:05 AM, said:

That seems pointless. If they are leaving anyway they may as well get the potential benefit of the other planet.

That'd mean the player moving in would have to battle to invade. If we agree that we are splitting the planets then Fria would not be an option for the other person anyway. It sort of stops what Twelve did to Drek.

#59 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 September 2020 - 06:10 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 02 September 2020 - 06:07 AM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 02 September 2020 - 06:05 AM, said:

That'd mean the player moving in would have to battle to invade. If we agree that we are splitting the planets then Fria would not be an option for the other person anyway. It sort of stops what Twelve did to Drek.

They could just move out with the unit then build though. If that's the deal you want though sure.

#60 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 September 2020 - 06:20 AM

View PostD, on 02 September 2020 - 04:08 AM, said:

Everyone make sure you take a look at the 3rd post in the Game Thread. I've made it into a sort of "configuration template" (that could be reused in all future games) where it officially points out which rules/variants are and aren't in-play for this game. Then I've re-organized a lot of the Reference Thread (though there's still some more work to be done there) around that. So when you see "Promissory Notes: Omega Set" in the Game Thread's official configuration post, you know that you can go to the Promissory Notes post in the Reference Thread, expand the Omega Set and you'll see exactly which Promissory Notes are being used in this game, etc

For stuff that comes from the Codex I've made the text green so you can more easily spot what's changed, too. For stuff that is forum-specific house-rules/custom content I've used purple.

Part of my thinking on this is that it's gonna get even more complicated when the expansion comes out, so good to get into the mentality of these "sets" and the rules/configuration post now. Then when the expansion comes out and we have stuff like...

Secret Objectives: Core Set + PoK Set
Action Cards: All Core Cards + All Codex 1 Cards + PoK Cards

...etc we'll not be too horribly confused I hope.

That's really good d'rek, one thing missing though how many VP we are playing too!

Share this topic:

• 89 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users