Malazan Empire: Twilight Imperium V: Revengeance - Chatty Thread - Malazan Empire

• 89 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium V: Revengeance - Chatty Thread

#1761 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 November 2020 - 04:52 PM

Morgoth, on 02 November 2020 - 04:49 PM, said:

Tattersail_, on 02 November 2020 - 04:47 PM, said:

I thought I was being clever persuading Morgoth to attack Blend. It gave me a 70% chance of winning but those rolls couldn't have gone better for Morgoth.

It was always the plan, tatts. The question was whether I had to do it on my first turn or not.

I know but did you see the beta route?

And your plan was with carrier 2 too.

I wanted the Torkan path to victory removed rather than the Nebula Law. I'd have still had multiple ways to win.

Aw, everyone had a shot. Such a good game.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1762 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 02 November 2020 - 04:54 PM

Tattersail_, on 02 November 2020 - 04:52 PM, said:

Morgoth, on 02 November 2020 - 04:49 PM, said:

Tattersail_, on 02 November 2020 - 04:47 PM, said:

I thought I was being clever persuading Morgoth to attack Blend. It gave me a 70% chance of winning but those rolls couldn't have gone better for Morgoth.

It was always the plan, tatts. The question was whether I had to do it on my first turn or not.

I know but did you see the beta route?

And your plan was with carrier 2 too.

I wanted the Torkan path to victory removed rather than the Nebula Law. I'd have still had multiple ways to win.

Aw, everyone had a shot. Such a good game.

Aye, the plan was with the carrier and the flagship with 9 GF, that would leave me confident of victory. Alas tatts chose a higher number than me and so I got that roll of the dice with just 3 instead.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#1763 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 02 November 2020 - 04:55 PM

It hadn't occured to me right away that Torkan was as empty as it was, but when the last map was posted I saw it and picked carrier 2 based on it.

#1764 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 02 November 2020 - 05:01 PM

Yeah the only way to stop Morgoth was for twelve to park his fleet on torkan then he would have not been able to score it without losing a point.

Then it would depend on if tatts could score a point with imperial, which was by no means certain if people tried to stop him.

If it had got to the status phase by the sound of things I'd win as you can score SOs without your homeworld.

#1765 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 November 2020 - 05:03 PM

Who's flagship could you have beaten?

#1766 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 November 2020 - 05:05 PM

I'd have scored 4 techs of one colour. Flagships were all unfortunately kept out of the way.

#1767 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 02 November 2020 - 05:11 PM

Imperial Historian, on 02 November 2020 - 05:01 PM, said:

Yeah the only way to stop Morgoth was for twelve to park his fleet on torkan then he would have not been able to score it without losing a point.

Then it would depend on if tatts could score a point with imperial, which was by no means certain if people tried to stop him.

If it had got to the status phase by the sound of things I'd win as you can score SOs without your homeworld.

if it had gotten to the status phase I would have reached 10 or 11 first as the speaker I think.

#1768 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 02 November 2020 - 05:14 PM

Final map is updated in the first post :)

Some post-game questions for you guys:

1) How did posting the maps via google drive work for you? Better, worse, or same as the image-hosting sites we were using before?

2) This time around, I tightened up the house rules into more concise instructions in the Reference Thread. Was that a helpful format? Any changes you'd like to see or consider (especially with the status phase and agenda phase) ?

3) Was the "Game Rules & Configuration" post in the game thread helpful for keeping you consistent on what cards/rules were and weren't being used? Any confusion occur where you weren't sure which variants we are using, or other ways this could be improved?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1769 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 November 2020 - 05:18 PM

Morgoth, on 02 November 2020 - 05:11 PM, said:

if it had gotten to the status phase I would have reached 10 or 11 first as the speaker I think.

Scoring is in initiative order and I'd have been second after blend

#1770 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 02 November 2020 - 05:18 PM

D, on 02 November 2020 - 05:14 PM, said:

1) How did posting the maps via google drive work for you? Better, worse, or same as the image-hosting sites we were using before?

I really liked it - I usually had the map open in a separate tab while working through what I could and couldn't do!

2) This time around, I tightened up the house rules into more concise instructions in the Reference Thread. Was that a helpful format? Any changes you'd like to see or consider (especially with the status phase and agenda phase) ?

I honestly didn't even really notice - the only thing that was a little weird this session for me re: house rules was that one action card that I used early game.

3) Was the "Game Rules & Configuration" post in the game thread helpful for keeping you consistent on what cards/rules were and weren't being used? Any confusion occur where you weren't sure which variants we are using, or other ways this could be improved?

I had no issues finding what I needed to find when I needed to find it.

Not sure if there's any point in keeping the old stuff, I see no reason why we would ever need to play without the Omega cards.

I really enjoyed the added action cards, and Magen and X-89 are MUCH more useful now.

We'll have to keep an eye out for additional Omega material, though, as they're supposed to release bits and bobs pretty consistently up until the expansion is released - including some adjustments to POs and SOs if I remember correctly.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1771 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 02 November 2020 - 05:19 PM

Imperial Historian, on 02 November 2020 - 05:18 PM, said:

Morgoth, on 02 November 2020 - 05:11 PM, said:

Scoring is in initiative order and I'd have been second after blend

Correct! :)
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1772 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 November 2020 - 05:21 PM

1.google drive was much easier for me
2. This was good. I think the only thing which might be worth clarifying is where in our game certain card wordings must be played. Mainly cards relating to voting and agendas. It's clear for riders but for some action cards it isn't.
3. This was great, really makes it easy to see what's available

#1773 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 November 2020 - 05:27 PM

Drek do we not finish the round before gameover? Surely everyone should get one turn, then I win with 11 VPs.

This post has been edited by Tattersail_: 02 November 2020 - 05:30 PM

#1774 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 November 2020 - 05:32 PM

Tattersail_, on 02 November 2020 - 05:27 PM, said:

Drek do we not finish the round before gameover? Surely everyone should get one turn, then I win with 11 VPs.

Lol nice try tatts

#1775 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 02 November 2020 - 06:09 PM

Tattersail_, on 02 November 2020 - 05:27 PM, said:

Nope. TI is a race. As soon as someone crosses the finish line, it ends immediately, no matter what phase it is.

That's why you only got 5 points in game 1, not 8.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1776 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 November 2020 - 06:19 PM

The map updates were to my liking. I could download them and have them open separate from my internet app so I could go back and forth on them. I didnt reference the house rules on the reference thread so cant give an opinion. And fir the last again I'd need to review the thread to give an opinion on.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#1777 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 02 November 2020 - 06:50 PM

If you didn't look at the config posts but also never had any confusion about anything then that's fine, too! I'm only worried if there was confusion or questions that couldn't be easily cleared/answered.

#1778 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 02 November 2020 - 06:53 PM

Seems like the format worked overall, though, so Morgoth feel free to copy it exactly for game 6 :)

#1779 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 02 November 2020 - 07:02 PM

Will do! I’ll try to learn the ropes tomorrow and figure it all out.

#1780 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 02 November 2020 - 07:57 PM

Yup, take your time getting adjusted. I'll PM you some notes I took on a few misc little mod things I ran into through this game.

Share this topic:

• 89 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users