Malazan Empire: Tattoos - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tattoos I don’t get the appeal

Poll: Tattoos (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you have a tatoo

1. Yes (7 votes [35.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.00%

2. No (13 votes [65.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 65.00%

Do you like the look of tattoos

1. Yes (7 votes [35.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.00%

2. No (3 votes [15.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

3. Sometimes (10 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 June 2020 - 08:02 AM

Ageing will depend on the design - they all "soften" with age so it's down to design and finesse as to how big a problem (or indeed none at all) that will be. Worth discussing if you find a tattoo artist you're happy with,

I have two partially symmetrical ones, one on the back of each shoulder. The feather design is symmetrical, the elvish script is not. One says "May it be a light for you in dark places when all other lights go out" which I got part way through my trauma counselling, and the other "All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost", done after we did the Yorkshire Three Peaks walk. They were momentous times in my life and although I'd never been interested before except from an artistic perspective, they were very firmly something I wanted to do. And that's just it - as Puck says, tattoos are often deeply personal and sometimes difficult to explain.

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 19 June 2020 - 08:02 AM

- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#22 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 19 June 2020 - 08:31 AM

Incidentally TRB promised me that one of her future ones would be a big one of my face :D
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#23 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 19 June 2020 - 09:13 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 19 June 2020 - 08:31 AM, said:

Incidentally TRB promised me that one of her future ones would be a big one of my face :D

I mean, promised is a bold interpretation of what I said... Posted Image
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#24 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 19 June 2020 - 09:55 AM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 19 June 2020 - 09:13 AM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 19 June 2020 - 08:31 AM, said:

I mean, promised is a bold interpretation of what I said... Posted Image

And in such a "cheeky" location too. Saucy minx.

;)
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#25 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 19 June 2020 - 10:08 AM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 19 June 2020 - 08:02 AM, said:

Ageing will depend on the design - they all "soften" with age so it's down to design and finesse as to how big a problem (or indeed none at all) that will be. Worth discussing if you find a tattoo artist you're happy with,

I have two partially symmetrical ones, one on the back of each shoulder. The feather design is symmetrical, the elvish script is not. One says "May it be a light for you in dark places when all other lights go out" which I got part way through my trauma counselling, and the other "All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost", done after we did the Yorkshire Three Peaks walk. They were momentous times in my life and although I'd never been interested before except from an artistic perspective, they were very firmly something I wanted to do. And that's just it - as Puck says, tattoos are often deeply personal and sometimes difficult to explain.

I bet the Elf Tattoo Artist actually wrote something like "I'm a smelly human" and "Death to the hut dwelling monkies".

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users