• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NFL 2020 to Super Bowl 55

#81 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 July 2020 - 03:15 PM

Some fluff for you grid iron connoisseurs of leather egg keep away, field tussle shove. My number is #33, huh, Tony Dorsett. Jay Cutler listed for #6, I guess it's not been a popular number over the history of the league? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Best player to wear each jersey number in NFL history: Tom Brady leads list of six active players

#82 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 July 2020 - 05:54 PM

Patrick Mahomes getting paid, biggly, yuuuge1!

Earned and well deserved. His QB style and play is transformative, next level, and sets the new standard for the position in the league. Teams are actively scouting for the mold he stepped out of, but there may be only one mold and it's been broken after forming Mahomes.

#83 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 14 July 2020 - 01:57 AM

Redskins finally ditch the name. Ideas of what they might become?

Saw a funny Onion article that said "Washington Redskins change their controversial name and become the DC Redskins" and some people were kicking off which I thought was quite funny.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#84 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 July 2020 - 02:27 AM

I think the new name might be something government related, in the same vein as the other pro teams - Washington Capitals (NHL), and Washington Nationals (MLB). The NBA franchise used to be called the Washington Bullets at one time, but due to gun violence and crime, changed the name to the Wizards. The D.C. area at one time had a pretty solid (and earned) reputation for being a dangerous place to live.

Its been interesting to see how the process and social change has brought us to this moment with the football team. The owner of the Washington Redskins is a well known flake and not a very good owner, so hopefully he won't mess this up.

[EDIT] Some coverage on the national news here said that the names "Warriors" and "Red Tails" have been suggested. Red Tails would recognize and honor the Tuskegee Airmen.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 14 July 2020 - 02:50 AM

#85 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 July 2020 - 07:00 AM

JJ Watt tweet. Seems like the NFL doesn't have its shit together on this. I hope they realize managing football during the pandemic is going to be immensely more difficult than other professional sports. Way more players and support staff (obvi). But also, from a fitness and risk aspect, big OL players have to be toeing the line of being in the risk category for complications from Covid-19. We are at mid July, the "Shield" better figure this out soon if they want the season to begin in September.

Posted Image

#86 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 July 2020 - 03:09 PM

Coordinated messaging coming from other players now (Drew Brees, Patrick Mahomes, Russel Wilson et. al) about just what in the hell is the NFL doing to protect players from Covid-19.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 20 July 2020 - 03:09 PM

#87 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 July 2020 - 05:45 PM

Washington will be called the "Washington Football Team." It's temporary until they select a permanent name.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#88 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 July 2020 - 05:45 PM

Posted this in the fantasy football thread, but it's important to bring up here, to get substantive discussion going about this. Players are opting out of playing this season.

#89 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 August 2020 - 04:52 PM

Seems as if the dominoes are falling and college football big conferences are not going to have a season. I really can't see that in the south. College football is regionally popular, no where more than in the south. I can't see the SEC cancelling 2020. We'll see. Do you guys think this has any influence on the NFL? I personally don't think so. Too many billionaire owners will make a season happen for the NFL, whatever that may look like and/or entail.

#90 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 August 2020 - 03:26 PM

Training camps have opened. What buzz is swirling around your favs, oh putrid pandering purveyors of pig skin pomposity?

Tompa Brady will probably get a lot of training camp attention. Oh, and I see that HBO show, Hard Knocks, is going to follow both L.A. teams for this installment of the series. I will never accept the Chargers as being from L.A. - - - NEVER! San Diego 4Lyfe! baby!

#91 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 September 2020 - 05:25 PM

The first game of the season is a week away. That can't be right, can it?

#92 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 September 2020 - 12:41 AM

What the hell happened to Belichick? When did he decide to do commercials?

#93 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 September 2020 - 10:46 PM

Come on NFL fans, season starts tomorrow night. Join in the conversation. I won't bite, unless you want me to.

<>

What are your expectations for the season? Who you rooting for? I'm still all about my Steelers, but have no high expectations they will do much. I think they can make the playoffs.

Big game to christen the season this weekend - Tommy Boy going to lead the Bucs into Saints territory and give us a show down between two legends past their prime. Yo @paran falcon, that opening day game should be putting a smile on your face, yeah? I think the Saints are going to get that dub though.

#94 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 September 2020 - 05:15 PM

Was looking at the match-ups that will air in my market. One of them is Las Vegas Raiders @ Carolina Panthers.

Ha! Las Vegas Raiders. Just like the "Los Angeles" Chargers, I'm never going to get used to that.

Which games are airing your guys' area? Any of them going to put you on the couch with a plate of nachos for 3 hours?

#95 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 13 September 2020 - 05:13 PM

Bucs/Saints SHOULD be an epic matchup. I heard just within the last few hours that Mike Evans is supposedly much improved (hamstring) and pushing hard to play. Questions to be answered: Can the Bucs O line keep Brady upright? And how good is the Bucs D? I think they were much better than it seemed last year, thanks to 30+ turnovers by the former QB. This game could come down to which defense causes the turnover or makes the one stop. Ryan Fitzpatrick outgunned Brees in NO opening week 2 years (I think?) ago. It can happen...

#96 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 September 2020 - 06:08 PM

Was listening to football talk and the emphasis on one segment was to keep on eye on the Bucs left tackle and whether he will be able to protect Brady sufficiently enough. Brady was always really good at recognizing defenses and changing things, coupled with the type of play calling and his ability to get rid of the ball before taking a hit. I'm curious to see if this continues with Tampa Bay and if he will have adequate protection.

#97 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 13 September 2020 - 08:44 PM

Well, well well, a TD on his first drive and, of course, Brady takes the opportunity to run his patented QB sneak into the end zone. O-line provided good protection This IS somewhat bizarre to see. Though Mrs Falcon is having a harder time with it than I am!

I'm feeling pretty rich, sportswise, right now. The Lightning are 2 wins from the Cup Final, the Rays are slated for the playoffs, such that it is this season and the Bucs have pretty high expectations...

#98 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 September 2020 - 08:59 PM

That sneak by Brady was a gift. Saints left a big gap there for tall Brady to stretch in for a TD. He has a couple of those in him during a season. Surprised the Saints didn't recognize it.

I'm also surprised at how good the Bucs defense is playing. I guess Brady's championship attitude and winning aura has permeated the whole locker room?

Want to see how things go in the 2nd half, after the buzz and feeling-out of opening day and Brady/Bucs relationship attention and all the surrounding hype has quieted down and the teams have had enough series lining up against each other to make adjustments and really see who going to get the dub.

#99 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 September 2020 - 09:21 PM

Well, maybe I spoke too soon about Bucs defense. <gulp>

Damn, Gronk bulked up again. During his brief retirement he was looking skinny. I guess the creatine shakes have worked back onto regular rotation in his daily nutrition routine.

#100 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 September 2020 - 06:08 PM

What a lucky boy I am. Opening Monday night football tonight of the 2020 season and my two favorite teams are playing. My main squeeze, Titsburgh Feelers, going to grope the Giants tonight. And my side piece, Denver Broncos, going to donkey kick the Titans back to Houston where they came from (tis true, look it up, they used to be the Houston Oilers). We'll see if Big Ben is back in championship form. I think he is well on the downswing of his career, but maybe he has one more in him? Broncos on the other hand have put their trust in Drew Lock. yeesh. Unproven. Got to step it up to the next level young man. I don't think you are the next long term QB for the Broncos, but prove your doubters wrong.

In other news: I thought the Rams new jerseys were pretty sweet looking. I like the giant, pronounced ram horns on the helmet too. I know people were hating on them, but I dig 'em.

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users