• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NFL 2020 to Super Bowl 55

#121 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 October 2020 - 11:00 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 18 October 2020 - 02:14 PM, said:

Well after that debacle against the Bears, I dont know what to expect. Vita Vea lost for the season in the middle of the D line hurts a lot. O-line let the bears hit Brady, that's got to stop. Maybe a competitive game?

Are you talking about when Brady thought they had another down? Yeah, that was a weird one. Brady is always buttoned up as those things go. I chalked it up as still getting accustomed to a new system. Also, Belichick doesn't allow those things to happen, so blame could also be placed primarily on the Bucs coach and staff in preparedness and execution in practice.

#122 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 19 October 2020 - 04:11 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 18 October 2020 - 11:00 PM, said:

Well after that debacle against the Bears, I dont know what to expect. Vita Vea lost for the season in the middle of the D line hurts a lot. O-line let the bears hit Brady, that's got to stop. Maybe a competitive game?

Are you talking about when Brady thought they had another down? Yeah, that was a weird one. Brady is always buttoned up as those things go. I chalked it up as still getting accustomed to a new system. Also, Belichick doesn't allow those things to happen, so blame could also be placed primarily on the Bucs coach and staff in preparedness and execution in practice.

Actually, that whole "controversy" about whether he realized it was 4th down and maybe could've checked down to an easier pass for just a first down didn't bother me all that much. The Bucs deserved that loss and it wasn't Brady's fault. The O-line got him beat up and the secondary was a sieve for Nick Foles, of all people.

I thought the Bucs were looking like garbage yesterday, before that pick 6. That changed the whole game, especially after the fluke 2nd pick happened and the offense punched it in for a TD. Bucs D was strong, even without Vita Vea helping stuff the middle of the line. THIS team could go far...

This post has been edited by paran falcon: 19 October 2020 - 04:12 PM

#123 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 October 2020 - 05:29 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 19 October 2020 - 04:11 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 18 October 2020 - 11:00 PM, said:

Actually, that whole "controversy" about whether he realized it was 4th down and maybe could've checked down to an easier pass for just a first down didn't bother me all that much. The Bucs deserved that loss and it wasn't Brady's fault. The O-line got him beat up and the secondary was a sieve for Nick Foles, of all people.

I thought the Bucs were looking like garbage yesterday, before that pick 6. That changed the whole game, especially after the fluke 2nd pick happened and the offense punched it in for a TD. Bucs D was strong, even without Vita Vea helping stuff the middle of the line. THIS team could go far...

I like that Brady jumps all over his guys, yelling at them. And they respect him and listen to him. He has done that throughout his career and it shows true leadership by Brady when giving an earful to the team when it is warranted. It doesn't read as a hollow, for the optics gesture coming from Brady. I can only see the Bucs getting better and it starts with the culture change Brady has brought to the team.

- In other news: Holy shit the Jets suck. I feel bad for QB Sam Darnold. Hopefully he gets an opportunity with another team, but a shit show of a franchise like the Jets can ruin a young QB. And yeesh, those highlights of backup Joe Flacco were difficult to watch. I know this is hyperbole, and any other time this would be an outrageous statement, but I think a good college team like Alabama or Clemson might be able to beat the Jets. Posted Image

#124 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 20 October 2020 - 10:48 PM

The Bucs O line got most of that tonguelashing from Brady when they were at Chicago. And they had it coming, frankly. Brady got pounded AND they committed a half ton of penalties. Normally,I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in a moment like that except to note that it happened. And then I heard a stat after the GB win and it stopped me in my tracks. The Bucs committed ZERO penalties that entire game. Offense, defense and special teams: no penalties. That is unbelievable and I have to think getting ripped by Brady the previous game rippled through the whole team.

Yeah Darnold has it pretty bad right now. The Jets are a joke and the Giants little better. As great as it is to be a Tampa Bay sports fan right now, New York has to be close to the opposite. Except for the Islanders, they made a run. A few years back it was not unheard of for quite a few people to say they thought Alabama could beat the Cleveland Browns. In reality, probably not but the difference between the premier college teams and the dregs of the NFL seems so glaring.

#125 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 October 2020 - 01:54 PM

Oh-whoa-whoa Snap! muh Titsburgh Feelers going into Tennessee this Sunday and gonna try to come back with some sweet victory whisky. I dunno though, both teams undefeated. And Titans RB, Derrick Henry, is truly a Titan among mere mortals. Dude is yeewge, like bigly. Muh titty feelers gonna have more than a handful trying to motorboat that giant to the ground. *fingers-crossed-for-a-TittyBerg-win Gotta stay undefeated black and yellow.

#126 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 23 October 2020 - 05:06 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 23 October 2020 - 01:54 PM, said:

Oh-whoa-whoa Snap! muh Titsburgh Feelers going into Tennessee this Sunday and gonna try to come back with some sweet victory whisky. I dunno though, both teams undefeated. And Titans RB, Derrick Henry, is truly a Titan among mere mortals. Dude is yeewge, like bigly. Muh titty feelers gonna have more than a handful trying to motorboat that giant to the ground. *fingers-crossed-for-a-TittyBerg-win Gotta stay undefeated black and yellow.

That SHOULD be one of the best games of the year, the way both teams are playing. Conceivably with #1 or #2 seed playoff implications...

#127 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 October 2020 - 01:03 AM

View Postparan falcon, on 23 October 2020 - 05:06 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 23 October 2020 - 01:54 PM, said:

That SHOULD be one of the best games of the year, the way both teams are playing. Conceivably with #1 or #2 seed playoff implications...

Got that dub! 6 and 0 Baybeeeee! Black and Yellow! But damn, they don't make it easy. Titans kicker Gowstowski (sp?) sure is choketastic.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 26 October 2020 - 01:18 AM

#128 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 26 October 2020 - 01:26 AM

Yeah, I saw a lot of that game and you got a little bit lucky, the way Tennessee came charging back in the 2nd half. You may see the Titans again, come postseason...

#129 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 October 2020 - 04:38 PM

Oi! @paran falcon my dude! I know this isn't football related, but are the Rays going to bring home the World Series championship? I dunno man, lookin' close. Game 6 tomorrow. That would be something though. NHL champs and MLB champs all within what, basically a month? And lets not even entertain the idea of Tompa Brady and the swashbuckling Bradettes winning the Superb Owl.

#130 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 26 October 2020 - 10:33 PM

Well I want them to BADLY, losing it in 08 to the Phillies SUCKED. They are scaring me though, the way they're not driving in runners on base. Which is why they tried stealing home last night. I'm afraid it'll take near a miracle for the Rays to take 2 straight. Or more Dodger errors. The Rays seem to capitalize on every single error this postseason. But the Dodgers have the better lineup I guess. I hate to admit it but its probably true.

#131 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 October 2020 - 03:54 AM

I think the Dodgers pitching is set up now that they will take it game 7. I was listening to some hot take radio, and they think Rays get game 6, but will not overcome the pitching thrown at them Game 7.

Back on your Bucs though. This annoys me to realize, but I think Brady is actually better than he was the last few years he played with the Patriots. I know there was talk about a steep decline being imminent during that year with the Patriots a few seasons back where he caught flak for bringing in his personal trainer, who clashed with Belichick or something. But I have to admit, and it does annoy me to admit it, he looks better since joining Tampa Bay.

#132 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 27 October 2020 - 10:54 AM

But IF the Rays force game 7, their whole pitching staff will be available too. At this point, I'll take my chances on a game 7; anything can happen then.

I agree about Brady. I hated him as much as anyone, just from being sick of him and the Pats continuing to win no matter what. But I thought he must have lost something in that arm by now, age 43. But it sure as hell doesnt look like he's lost anything at all this season. Have to remember, once Gronkowski retired, NE had almost no offensive weapons for Brady to throw to besides Edelman and RB James White.

#133 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 27 October 2020 - 11:15 AM

I want the Dodgers to lose so I'm rooting for them with you on that paran...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#134 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 27 October 2020 - 12:42 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 27 October 2020 - 11:15 AM, said:

I want the Dodgers to lose so I'm rooting for them with you on that paran...

Thanks! I'll take any support there is, lol. Apparently, the crowd in Arlington is about 10 to 1 for the Dodgers. Although that really shouldn't affect the Rays since they are often made to feel like the away team when they're at home due to fans of other teams that relocate to FL but continue supporting the team from whence they came...

#135 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 27 October 2020 - 01:37 PM

I'm an Angels fan so I dislike Dodgers anyway as the local rivals that's my main reason haha.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#136 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 October 2020 - 04:57 PM

I don't have any skin in the World Series. I'm a Pittsburgh Pirates fan (obvi) and my side piece is the Colorado Rockies.

I like to watch Dodgers pitcher, Clayton Kershaw, on the mound though. Dude isn't just a 100mph thrown' heat type, but instead, really out thinks who he is facing. It's quite a treat to watch him go to work.

#137 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 October 2020 - 06:39 PM

Yo! @paran falcon.

Antonio Brown joining Tompa Brady and swashbuckling Bradettes. Whatcha thinkin' my dude? Calculated risk? If he can keep his head it could be a smart move. They'll probably have to have an on staff counselor who's sole responsibility is to keep AB's emotional state even-keeled.

#138 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 30 October 2020 - 12:51 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 29 October 2020 - 06:39 PM, said:

Yo! @paran falcon.

Antonio Brown joining Tompa Brady and swashbuckling Bradettes. Whatcha thinkin' my dude? Calculated risk? If he can keep his head it could be a smart move. They'll probably have to have an on staff counselor who's sole responsibility is to keep AB's emotional state even-keeled.

I'm really not in favor of the move but who cares what I think? I will say I'll be SHOCKED if he doesn't get himself thrown off the team, even with Brady there, whom Brown seems to have genuine respect for. i just don't know that Brown can control himself. I have had serious suspicions that he may be bipolar, or something along those lines, since the whole Raiders incident that got him cut before playing a down for them. The Bucs could probably use the WR depth, with Evans and Godwin both banged up, but I would've been fine with looking elsewhere. Bruce Arians has had to wriggle through the 180 he has done by signing AB, since it wasn't that long ago he stated he knew all he needed to about Brown from his Pittsburgh days and wanted no part of him. But we shall see.

#139 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 October 2020 - 06:25 PM

Yeah, some of the details that came out a year or so ago (whenever it was) read to me like a person who was having a significant mental health crisis. Pile on top of that (AB having to manage his mental health) a completely individual mindset of the ball should go to him all the time, and you have high probability he could have a moment on the sideline or in the locker room or during media obligations. But because he has strong respect for Brady, it might be held together enough to prove productive for the team. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

#140 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 01 November 2020 - 07:10 PM

Well Mr Pittsburgh, how confident are you today? Next to KC or Tennessee, Baltimore is probably your biggest threat, and they're a division rival that hates you. Lamar's gonna need to have a good day for them, though...

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users