• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NFL 2020 to Super Bowl 55

#261 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 February 2021 - 06:59 PM

There's rumors that KC players were partying it up hard. Maybe not quite like Barret Robbins did in that Tampa/Raider SB... remember that guy?

I didn't really follow Tampa over the season, but Gronk and AB didn't have much in the way of production during the regular season right? With Gronk, is it the strategy to just keep him healthy until the Super Bowl and then if you get to the SB, let him off the chain?

Has it been revealed what Tyrann Mathieu said to Brady on the field? Brady was heated, quite like nothing I've seen before. On the sideline you could see him mouth the words "fuck that guy" right after the altercation.

#262 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 08 February 2021 - 07:58 PM

Really? I hadn't heard about KC players partying. Idk what Mathieu said to Brady but Brady sure didn't like it, he chased Mathieu down to say more. Mathieu apparently tweeted that Brady said and "Unspeakable" word to him, but then he deleted the tweet.

KC also had the Brett (Britt?) Reid car accident on their minds, as well. A 5 year old girl is still in critical condition from that, it seems.

Yes, I remember the Barrett Robbins event well. I believe him being bipolar had a lot to do with that, if I recall correctly.

Gronk caught passes in a few games this season but never really went off like in his heyday. But the Bucs have Brate too, who is a fine TE himself. Gronk's skills are still there, obviously. AB got a little action similarly but never had a huge game either. They both came through when needed!

#263 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 February 2021 - 06:16 PM

That accident is a terrible thing. I hope there aren't more details that make the situation worse. Certainly a distraction for KC.

I don't really remember the Barret Robbins thing at the time, but HBO Real Sports had a segment on him a few years later and yeah, he was pretty messed up. I'm sort of scared to google him to see what has become of him. I hope he got his life together.

Nope... I googled, headline from a Oct. 3 2020 article : "Ex-Raiders Lineman Barret Robbins' Life Story Turns a Little More Tragic Each Day." Not going any further down that rabbit hole.

#264 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 09 February 2021 - 09:22 PM

I didn't go looking for details on the accident, afraid of certain facts being possible. But I heard anyway that Britt Reid acknowledged having had 2 or 3 drinks...and Adderall.

I imagine, on top of everything else he has to deal with, that Robbins is haunted by not showing up for his team for the biggest game of their lives. Very unfortunate.

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users