• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NFL 2020 to Super Bowl 55

#61 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 April 2020 - 08:25 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 22 April 2020 - 06:13 PM, said:

If they get Edelman, I'm going to gnash my teeth, pull my hair, and scream my displeasure at the universe... nooooooooooo!

So will my wife. She's not all that into sports like she once was but she HATES Edelman. Him we do not need anyway.

#62 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 April 2020 - 05:23 PM

Bengals release the beige water pistol - Andy Dalton.

Maybe he and Scam Newton can offer their services to a team as a packaged deal. Dalton for short, accurate, barely move the ball down the field situations and Scam can come in to throw the ball at a barn and miss down the field for long plays. Or jitter around in the pocket and than attempt to get yards with his feet and get tackled and hurt.

#63 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 April 2020 - 07:21 PM

Oh boy Posted Image . . . I guess you get his inaugural Bucs jersey as part of the package, so maybe it's an investment? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Image

#64 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 03 May 2020 - 06:25 AM

Cowboys sign Andy Dalton on a one year contract. I can see him as a back-up. Injuries and having a capable backup are an element of the game that a lot of teams struggle with.

#65 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 03 May 2020 - 02:26 PM

That could also be seen as insurance in case Dak refuses to sign his franchise tag tender and JJ refuses to offer him the $$ Dak wants on a long term deal.

#66 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 May 2020 - 01:24 AM

View Postparan falcon, on 03 May 2020 - 02:26 PM, said:

That could also be seen as insurance in case Dak refuses to sign his franchise tag tender and JJ refuses to offer him the $ Dak wants on a long term deal.

Yeah. Dak wants to get paid, but Jerry has a differing opinion, it seems, on what value Dak is worth, and how he fits into the long range plans of the organization. So the Andy Dalton acqui is a move to at least prevent their complete ass and balls from flapping in the wind if things break down completly.

#67 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 05 May 2020 - 02:28 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 05 May 2020 - 01:24 AM, said:

That could also be seen as insurance in case Dak refuses to sign his franchise tag tender and JJ refuses to offer him the $ Dak wants on a long term deal.

Yeah. Dak wants to get paid, but Jerry has a differing opinion, it seems, on what value Dak is worth, and how he fits into the long range plans of the organization. So the Andy Dalton acqui is a move to at least prevent their complete ass and balls from flapping in the wind if things break down completly.

I think I actually lean toward Jerry's position when it comes to Dak and his value. It has sounded like Dak (or his agent) is pushing upper 30s to 40 mil a season and I just can't go with that based on what he's done thus far. Last season didn't help his case much. You can blame Jason Garret and Kellen Moore for poor game planning, at times, but I don't know that Dak ever rose up and really dragged the team to important wins they needed to make the playoffs.

Patrick Mahomes is likely to be the first 40 mil a year player. I don't see Dak Prescott in Mahomes' stratosphere.

#68 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 May 2020 - 05:12 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 05 May 2020 - 02:28 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 05 May 2020 - 01:24 AM, said:

I think I actually lean toward Jerry's position when it comes to Dak and his value. It has sounded like Dak (or his agent) is pushing upper 30s to 40 mil a season and I just can't go with that based on what he's done thus far. Last season didn't help his case much. You can blame Jason Garret and Kellen Moore for poor game planning, at times, but I don't know that Dak ever rose up and really dragged the team to important wins they needed to make the playoffs.

Patrick Mahomes is likely to be the first 40 mil a year player. I don't see Dak Prescott in Mahomes' stratosphere.

True dat. It will be interesting to see how Dak works within Mike McCarthy's system. Damn, it's going to be weird to see a Dallas Cowboys team coached by Mike McCarthy.

#69 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 May 2020 - 02:47 AM

AFC North gotta throw down with the NFC East this year. So my Steelers gotta take on Eagles and Cowboys, with Shit Stains (Browns) and division head knockers (Ravens) sandwiched in between. Should be a donnybrook. Damn, Steelers and Cowboys is such a classic matchup. Some history there ...

#70 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 May 2020 - 06:42 PM

Well, yeah, sure. When no suitors bat an eyelash your direction, you gotta spruce up that bower and get them to notice. Now just drop the "right team" condition and you'll land somewhere.

Posted Image

#71 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 May 2020 - 05:37 PM

Okay, Rams new logo was icky bad, but their new uniforms are el fuego. I'm diggin' em.

Los Angeles Rams unveil long-awaited new uniforms featuring 'Rams Royal' blue, 'Sol' yellow

spoiled for size
Spoiler

#72 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 13 May 2020 - 06:01 PM

Can a mod please merge the two threads it's annoying reading the same thing twice...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#73 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 May 2020 - 06:13 PM

I created this thread for the new season - NFL 2020 to Super Bowl 55. Butt-hurt shadow got all sad, injustice done because... mine!, and changed the name of his thread from last season. Changed the name a few times in fact, because attention butt-hurt, needs attention.

#74 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 May 2020 - 02:38 PM

With Tompa Brady exiting the division to go see what all the bath salts, eat your friend's face, Florida Man thing is about, talking sports heads are having a debate about who is the best QB in the AFC East now.

In that division, I would throw my best QB vote probably on Josh Allen (Buffalo Bills), barely beating out Sam Darnold (NY Jets). I'll be interested to see if Tua Tagovailoa (Miami Dolphins) will make some waves his rookie season.

So, what say you, oh sages of sanguine grid tussling for the magic egg of Fener?

#75 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:31 PM

League is considering giving teams the option of "4th-and-15" instead of doing an onside kick, giving teams one play to gain 15 yards to receive the ball back. Eh, not sure if am for it. I get, and am all for, progression and injecting new ideas, yadda,yadda,yadda. But there is something about an onside kick that is just so pure and unique. Would hate to see it relegated to the bins of history.

#76 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 May 2020 - 03:46 PM

Any you gridiron gargoyles gonna watch Tompa Brady/Phil Mickelson vs. Peyton Manning/Tiger Woods in that golf match tomorrow? I know golf is boring af to watch, but they'll be mic'd up and Tompa Brady will probably drop some TB12 wisdom during the match.

#<>#<>#<>#<>#<>#<>#<>#<>#<>#<>#

Also qb Ryan Fitzpatrick's plague hair & beard is pretty damn epic.

Posted Image

#77 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:34 AM

Drew Brees is catching it <<<<< see what I did there? Posted Image

Have a general like and respect for the guy, but come on man.

Posted Image

#78 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 June 2020 - 05:08 PM

Behold, Tompa Brady in battle gear. Lurid blasphemy for any of you Liam and Danny O'Donohues out there.

PHOTOS: First Look at Tom Brady in a Bucs Uniform

#79 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 June 2020 - 03:09 PM

Hall of Fame game has been cancelled. I'm guessing they will still have the induction ceremony? Probably some version of family only and/or done remotely? That will be a bummer for the dedicated fans who show up to support past greats. Troy Polamalu and Cowher the shower are to be inducted in the class of 2020, They brought glory and greatness to my Steelers, so I am gutted that they won't get the full HoF regalia if the format is changed due to coronavirus.

[EDIT] Just read that the enshrinement ceremony has be postponed.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 26 June 2020 - 03:11 PM

#80 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:49 AM

Yeah, so the league came down on the Cheatriots for, uh, well, cheating again (what a surprise), and fined them a milly and took away a draft pick. Nothing big, and a slap on the tootsies if you ask me cause there is a trend here, but in true Cheatriots fashion within the hour of that announcement they release the news that they signed Scam Newton to a 1 year deal. Trying to deflect attention there? Just a little, just a smidgen? Bellend cheating, wankers.

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users