• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium (Game 3) - Chat Thread

#101 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:45 PM

GAME ON!!

(By the way, I've been having serious trouble with the forum posts. My posts either come up with all the metadata info visible in the post, or the formatting is all over the place, with either huge spaces between paragraphs or they're all squished together even though that wasn't the way I had written them. I have to edit a post five or six times before it comes up the way I actually want it to).

Edit: Like this one. There was no large gap between 'Game On' and the rest of the post when I first wrote it. It just created that when I posted it.

This post has been edited by Galactic Council: 30 January 2019 - 12:45 PM

#102 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:18 PM

Just so I am sure then, if I gave the speaker token to Blend, he will be first in strategy pick and I will be second?

When I said I was considering giving it to Tapper that was because I assumed the order would be Tapper, Twelve then myself like a clock. Now I realise it is Twelve, then Blend then myself.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#103 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:20 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 30 January 2019 - 01:18 PM, said:

Just so I am sure then, if I gave the speaker token to Blend, he will be first in strategy pick and I will be second?

When I said I was considering giving it to Tapper that was because I assumed the order would be Tapper, Twelve then myself like a clock. Now I realise it is Twelve, then Blend then myself.

Yes, Blend, then you, then D'rek, etc.

#104 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:57 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 30 January 2019 - 07:32 AM, said:

View PostD, on 29 January 2019 - 11:18 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 29 January 2019 - 11:02 PM, said:

D'rek you may be right that your hex slice isn't particularly wealthy but it still has more resources than mine,

By 1!

(Saudor + Mehar Xull + Starpoint + New Albion = 9 ... Bereg + Lirta + Zej Rajja + Nevant = 10)

And you picked before me, why is this my fault?!

and I'd expect to loot more than 5tg over the course of the game from you as jol nar as you'll almost certainly want to be trading your tech PN to others, which if you are valuing it at 7tg will probably be very lucrative for me,

I am hoping I won't trade it away very often, actually, as every time I do it erodes my tech lead - my one advantage - bit by bit. But we'll see. Personally I don't anticipate selling it for TG much, rather I'd aim to trade it mostly for Ceasefires. Especially if I know those TGs will just get looted by my adjacent neighbour - better to trade in other things, then.

and unless I'm reading it wrong is something you can trade frequently for no cost to you.

Correct

Additionally my PN grants you an extra action which you have already said you would like to use to stall.

Personally I'd value my not looting you through my PN at closer to 7 TG over the course of the game, plus another 3tg for the crucial early stall to let you use warfare. Do you have a better offer?

When did I ever say I needed to stall? I definitely don't. I can do one turn moving to Nevant, one turn moving to Zej Rajja, and then play Leadership as my first 3 turns. Meanwhile, Twelve has only a single carrier so he will almost certainly move and then play Logistics as his 2nd turn. Even if he used an AC to stall it to 3rd, I would still be able to wait for it. I definitely don't need a stall. Nom and Blend are the ones who might want a stall since they go before Twelve and only have 1 transport ship.

Which puts us back to the PN value's being... 7, by your calculations. Which is what I had valued my PN at, too.

Hmmmmmm, so you are offering a straight PN swap when we neighbour? Are you willing to change your research to get the tech I want?

I'm especially interested in Integrated economy, light wave deflectors and assault cannons, though I can see a few of those you might not want to research with necro in the game.

Heh, all the top-tier techs, eh? Even Jol-Nar doesn't have the pre-requisites to research any of those right off the bat, but yes I do want to work my way up to those. Once you have the PN, you get to choose when to use it, so if you want to use it immediately to copy gravity drive or if you want to hang on to it and wait for one of those later techs, the choice will be yours. I need to grab gravity drive and HyperMeta first, but after those I can push for one of the top-tiers - probably Integrated Economy would make the most sense if I'm going for a top-tier that early.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#105 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:01 PM

View PostD, on 30 January 2019 - 01:57 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 30 January 2019 - 07:32 AM, said:

View PostD, on 29 January 2019 - 11:18 PM, said:

D'rek you may be right that your hex slice isn't particularly wealthy but it still has more resources than mine,

By 1!

(Saudor + Mehar Xull + Starpoint + New Albion = 9 ... Bereg + Lirta + Zej Rajja + Nevant = 10)

And you picked before me, why is this my fault?!

and I'd expect to loot more than 5tg over the course of the game from you as jol nar as you'll almost certainly want to be trading your tech PN to others, which if you are valuing it at 7tg will probably be very lucrative for me,

I am hoping I won't trade it away very often, actually, as every time I do it erodes my tech lead - my one advantage - bit by bit. But we'll see. Personally I don't anticipate selling it for TG much, rather I'd aim to trade it mostly for Ceasefires. Especially if I know those TGs will just get looted by my adjacent neighbour - better to trade in other things, then.

and unless I'm reading it wrong is something you can trade frequently for no cost to you.

Correct

Additionally my PN grants you an extra action which you have already said you would like to use to stall.

Personally I'd value my not looting you through my PN at closer to 7 TG over the course of the game, plus another 3tg for the crucial early stall to let you use warfare. Do you have a better offer?

When did I ever say I needed to stall? I definitely don't. I can do one turn moving to Nevant, one turn moving to Zej Rajja, and then play Leadership as my first 3 turns. Meanwhile, Twelve has only a single carrier so he will almost certainly move and then play Logistics as his 2nd turn. Even if he used an AC to stall it to 3rd, I would still be able to wait for it. I definitely don't need a stall. Nom and Blend are the ones who might want a stall since they go before Twelve and only have 1 transport ship.

Which puts us back to the PN value's being... 7, by your calculations. Which is what I had valued my PN at, too.

Hmmmmmm, so you are offering a straight PN swap when we neighbour? Are you willing to change your research to get the tech I want?

I'm especially interested in Integrated economy, light wave deflectors and assault cannons, though I can see a few of those you might not want to research with necro in the game.

Heh, all the top-tier techs, eh? Even Jol-Nar doesn't have the pre-requisites to research any of those right off the bat, but yes I do want to work my way up to those. Once you have the PN, you get to choose when to use it, so if you want to use it immediately to copy gravity drive or if you want to hang on to it and wait for one of those later techs, the choice will be yours. I need to grab gravity drive and HyperMeta first, but after those I can push for one of the top-tiers - probably Integrated Economy would make the most sense if I'm going for a top-tier that early.

@D'rek, seem as your racial will be a valuable asset, you don't want anyone holding on to it for more than a phase. Last game, IH specifically added that those with wormhole tech racial had to use it that round.

#106 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:03 PM

@Blend - does being last in strategy pick bother you at all? I am thinking of opening up with politics strategy so that I can see what action cards I have before making my first move.If you want speaker would you leave the strategy I want for me and give me a free refresh?

@Khell - What is the maximum amount of command tokens we can have? Did someone say there was a cap? So Nekro aren't going to be having 100 tokens in the future, fleet size 50, exaggeration.

@d'rek - When we connect would you like to trade commodities?

@Twelve - If we connect would you like to trade any?

@Tapper - Would you like to trade commodities?

This post has been edited by Tattersail_: 30 January 2019 - 02:11 PM

#107 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:19 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 30 January 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

@Khell - What is the maximum amount of command tokens we can have? Did someone say there was a cap? So Nekro aren't going to be having 100 tokens in the future, fleet size 50, exaggeration.

16 is the max number of tokens you can have.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#108 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:20 PM

@Blend - does being last in strategy pick bother you at all? I am thinking of opening up with politics strategy so that I can see what action cards I have before making my first move.If you want speaker would you leave the strategy I want for me and give me a free refresh?

As has been pointed out, I think my first few rounds are going to be very important, so I would rather not go last. If you make me speaker I will give you a free refresh and will not choose whichever strategy card you want me not to choose.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#109 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:21 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 30 January 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

I think the max is actually 17 isnt it? I got rid of that max last game btw. It makes prepping for the level 2 CT POs less of a problem.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#110 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:25 PM

Alright, sorry I wss absent during a lot of the negotiating that happened yesterday. Have read through the thread, so far my favourite offer for my racial is Tapper's as having the ability to trade with everyone, not just the neighbours I am likely to be in conflict with will likely be key.

That being said, I dont want to trade it right off the bat, I want to keep the advantage of being the only one with Wsr Suns for a while, not to mention keep the tech away from my neighbours the Nekro for a while too.

#111 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:26 PM

View PostBlend, on 30 January 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

As has been pointed out, I think my first few rounds are going to be very important, so I would rather not go last. If you make me speaker I will give you a free refresh and will not choose whichever strategy card you want me not to choose.

Okay that's a good deal. Can you include D'rek and Twelve in a free refresh please as they are my trading partners.

#112 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:30 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 30 January 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

Okay that's a good deal. Can you include D'rek and Twelve in a free refresh please as they are my trading partners.

Hmmm.... I'll give one of them the refresh so you have someone to trade with. Which do you want?

Anyone else who wants the refresh let me know why I should give it to you! :)

#113 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:34 PM

View PostBlend, on 30 January 2019 - 02:21 PM, said:

I think the max is actually 17 isnt it? I got rid of that max last game btw. It makes prepping for the level 2 CT POs less of a problem.

I read 16 in a forum post (and can't find a number in the rule books). I think having a max makes sense in a game with Nekro involved.

#114 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:35 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 30 January 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

I read 16 in a forum post (and can't find a number in the rule books). I think having a max makes sense in a game with Nekro involved.

I will double check when I get home and can look in my actual game box. If it is 16 then there is one too many tokens in each player's pile in the map file.

#115 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:37 PM

View PostBlend, on 30 January 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

View PostGalactic Council, on 30 January 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

I will double check when I get home and can look in my actual game box. If it is 16 then there is one too many tokens in each player's pile in the map file.

Rule book says there are 272 tokens in total. Divided by 17 races = 16 tokens for each race.

#116 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:38 PM

I hate you for those color tags Khell, just a fyi
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#117 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:40 PM

View PostItwęs Nom, on 30 January 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

It's not colour, it's just bolded text :) Switch to a less grimdark skin!

#118 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:49 PM

View PostBlend, on 30 January 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

Hmmm.... I'll give one of them the refresh so you have someone to trade with. Which do you want?

We'll most likely never come in direct conflict, and in return I'll give you free refresh when Trade finds its way to me. I think letting me have 2 commodities is a decent price for being given the same consideration in the future, and to foster a friendly relationship down the line.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#119 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:56 PM

View PostBlend, on 30 January 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

D'rek as she is closest thanks.

#120 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:59 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 30 January 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

View PostItwęs Nom, on 30 January 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

It's not colour, it's just bolded text :p Switch to a less grimdark skin!

Colour of my skin matches that of my heart.

Really though am I the only one uses a skin with dark background?

Those tags are such a mess lol, like for example how did a family of fonts tag got into the Winnu post? I'm sorry but I'm kinda fascinated by this :)
All things fall from kings to rose petals

Share this topic:

• 242 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users