Malazan Empire: Twilight Imperium (Game 3) - Chat Thread - Malazan Empire

Jump to content

  • 242 Pages +
  • « First
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium (Game 3) - Chat Thread

#121 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

  • formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 10,373
  • Joined: 16-July 10
  • Location:Wirral
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:02 PM

View PostItwæs Nom, on 30 January 2019 - 02:59 PM, said:

View PostGalactic Council, on 30 January 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

View PostItwæs Nom, on 30 January 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

I hate you for those color tags Khell, just a fyi


It's not colour, it's just bolded text :p Switch to a less grimdark skin!


Colour of my skin matches that of my heart.

Really though am I the only one uses a skin with dark background?

Those tags are such a mess lol, like for example how did a family of fonts tag got into the Winnu post? I'm sorry but I'm kinda fascinated by this :)


I use IP board and IP Mobile.

edit; (safer for work)

This post has been edited by Tattersail_: 30 January 2019 - 03:02 PM

Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.
0

#122 User is offline   Morgoth 

  • executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 9,724
  • Joined: 24-January 03
  • Location:the void

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:06 PM

I use Grey. Always have.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil
0

#123 User is offline   Blend 

  • Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 3,051
  • Joined: 28-March 03
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:08 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 30 January 2019 - 12:45 PM, said:

GAME ON!!





(By the way, I've been having serious trouble with the forum posts. My posts either come up with all the metadata info visible in the post, or the formatting is all over the place, with either huge spaces between paragraphs or they're all squished together even though that wasn't the way I had written them. I have to edit a post five or six times before it comes up the way I actually want it to).

Edit: Like this one. There was no large gap between 'Game On' and the rest of the post when I first wrote it. It just created that when I posted it.


Yeah, that was a real problem for me too when I was doing posts from Galactic Council. I don't know if it's an option that can be toggled from the User Settings, or if it's something an admin would have to do, but it seems that you can only post in Rich Text format from Galactic Council, which is a real pain in the ass when copying and pasting things from the forum or other websites.

The "Cancel All Formatting" button ended up being a very good friend of mine for copying things like the dice rolls from Orokos to ensure that all formatting stayed the same.

When copying from the forum, copy from a "reply" or "quote" page rather than copying directly from the post. That will help alleviate some of the tag issues.

If someone knows how to change it so that GC does not have to post in Rich Text, that would be immensely helpful I imagine.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK
0

#124 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

  • Elder God
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 5,025
  • Joined: 08-February 04

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:20 PM

View PostBlend, on 30 January 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 30 January 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 30 January 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 30 January 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

@Blend - does being last in strategy pick bother you at all? I am thinking of opening up with politics strategy so that I can see what action cards I have before making my first move.If you want speaker would you leave the strategy I want for me and give me a free refresh?


As has been pointed out, I think my first few rounds are going to be very important, so I would rather not go last. If you make me speaker I will give you a free refresh and will not choose whichever strategy card you want me not to choose.


Okay that's a good deal. Can you include D'rek and Twelve in a free refresh please as they are my trading partners.


Hmmm.... I'll give one of them the refresh so you have someone to trade with. Which do you want?

Anyone else who wants the refresh let me know why I should give it to you! :)


I'll give you a free refresh in return when I get trade and won't make a beeline to neighbour you, so you won't be looted. Considering how many commodities you have, and I only have 2 that seems a fair return.
0

#125 User is offline   twelve 

  • Elder God
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,982
  • Joined: 27-March 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:21 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 30 January 2019 - 07:12 AM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 30 January 2019 - 07:03 AM, said:



Yeah, in the first game I got all the technology from attacking a couple of twelve's (multi planet) systems. That's what you get from being a peaceful tech race expanding towards the Nekro Posted Image


I did realize after or near the end of the game the Nekro and the Jol'Nar have some synergy with the one Jol'Nar racial tech that gets them trade goods for being attacked and the Nekro desire to gain tech through combat. I'm not sure it will work in this game with the distance between the two races and the fact the Pirates are smack inbetween so the Jol'Nar lose out on some resources though I guess they could work a deal out where IH only steals less than he is able but that would be up to those three races to work out if they so desired.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.
0

#126 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

  • Elder God
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 5,025
  • Joined: 08-February 04

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:21 PM

View PostBlend, on 30 January 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

View PostGalactic Council, on 30 January 2019 - 12:45 PM, said:

GAME ON!!





(By the way, I've been having serious trouble with the forum posts. My posts either come up with all the metadata info visible in the post, or the formatting is all over the place, with either huge spaces between paragraphs or they're all squished together even though that wasn't the way I had written them. I have to edit a post five or six times before it comes up the way I actually want it to).

Edit: Like this one. There was no large gap between 'Game On' and the rest of the post when I first wrote it. It just created that when I posted it.


Yeah, that was a real problem for me too when I was doing posts from Galactic Council. I don't know if it's an option that can be toggled from the User Settings, or if it's something an admin would have to do, but it seems that you can only post in Rich Text format from Galactic Council, which is a real pain in the ass when copying and pasting things from the forum or other websites.

The "Cancel All Formatting" button ended up being a very good friend of mine for copying things like the dice rolls from Orokos to ensure that all formatting stayed the same.

When copying from the forum, copy from a "reply" or "quote" page rather than copying directly from the post. That will help alleviate some of the tag issues.

If someone knows how to change it so that GC does not have to post in Rich Text, that would be immensely helpful I imagine.


I'll have a play in the admin panel when I get home.
0

#127 User is offline   twelve 

  • Elder God
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,982
  • Joined: 27-March 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:27 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 30 January 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 30 January 2019 - 07:12 AM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 30 January 2019 - 07:03 AM, said:



Yeah, in the first game I got all the technology from attacking a couple of twelve's (multi planet) systems. That's what you get from being a peaceful tech race expanding towards the Nekro Posted Image


Expanding towards the Nekro? Yeah, that's not quite how I remember it happening :)


Yeah me neither.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.
0

#128 User is offline   twelve 

  • Elder God
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,982
  • Joined: 27-March 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:30 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 30 January 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 30 January 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 30 January 2019 - 07:12 AM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 30 January 2019 - 07:03 AM, said:



Yeah, in the first game I got all the technology from attacking a couple of twelve's (multi planet) systems. That's what you get from being a peaceful tech race expanding towards the Nekro Posted Image


Expanding towards the Nekro? Yeah, that's not quite how I remember it happening :)


The Nekro had no choice but to respond to the unprovoked Jol-Nar agression.

Unprovoked? By the Nekro you mean. I spent half the game worried about you attacking me and the other half trying to take back what you stole.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.
0

#129 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

  • Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 1,233
  • Joined: 02-August 15
  • Location:Weird Side
  • Interests:Kill the King

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:32 PM

View PostBlend, on 30 January 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

Anyone else who wants the refresh let me know why I should give it to you! :)


I will promise not to conquer your hw in the early game.
"Yeah but then it's endless rain and SAD and everyone compensating by getting endlessly irritatingly high all the time"
0

#130 User is offline   Morgoth 

  • executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 9,724
  • Joined: 24-January 03
  • Location:the void

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:33 PM

View Posttwelve, on 30 January 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 30 January 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 30 January 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 30 January 2019 - 07:12 AM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 30 January 2019 - 07:03 AM, said:



Yeah, in the first game I got all the technology from attacking a couple of twelve's (multi planet) systems. That's what you get from being a peaceful tech race expanding towards the Nekro Posted Image


Expanding towards the Nekro? Yeah, that's not quite how I remember it happening :)


The Nekro had no choice but to respond to the unprovoked Jol-Nar agression.

Unprovoked? By the Nekro you mean. I spent half the game worried about you attacking me and the other half trying to take back what you stole.


It’s not my fault you chose to be so beligerent. I had no choice but to defend myself.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil
0

#131 User is offline   Tapper 

  • Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,173
  • Joined: 29-June 04
  • Location:Delft, Holland.

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:34 PM

View PostBlend, on 30 January 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 30 January 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 30 January 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 30 January 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

@Blend - does being last in strategy pick bother you at all? I am thinking of opening up with politics strategy so that I can see what action cards I have before making my first move.If you want speaker would you leave the strategy I want for me and give me a free refresh?


As has been pointed out, I think my first few rounds are going to be very important, so I would rather not go last. If you make me speaker I will give you a free refresh and will not choose whichever strategy card you want me not to choose.


Okay that's a good deal. Can you include D'rek and Twelve in a free refresh please as they are my trading partners.


Hmmm.... I'll give one of them the refresh so you have someone to trade with. Which do you want?

Anyone else who wants the refresh let me know why I should give it to you! :)

The refresh is immaterial, but I will let you know that the Hacan are happy to trade with you, and a refresh for one of my neighbours (Twelve or Nom) would be appreciated: certainly I would refresh your commodities for free should I hold Trade.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad
0

#132 User is offline   twelve 

  • Elder God
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,982
  • Joined: 27-March 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:34 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 30 January 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 30 January 2019 - 01:18 PM, said:

Just so I am sure then, if I gave the speaker token to Blend, he will be first in strategy pick and I will be second?

When I said I was considering giving it to Tapper that was because I assumed the order would be Tapper, Twelve then myself like a clock. Now I realise it is Twelve, then Blend then myself.


Yes, Blend, then you, then D'rek, etc.


We are doing this again. I thought we learned our lesson last game when I was royal fucked by being directly behind both my neighbors in strategy picks. Once the game starts it should revert to clockwise order. Plus it's confusing as hell trying to figure out who you are before and after in pick order after.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.
0

#133 User is offline   twelve 

  • Elder God
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,982
  • Joined: 27-March 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:38 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 30 January 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

@Blend - does being last in strategy pick bother you at all? I am thinking of opening up with politics strategy so that I can see what action cards I have before making my first move.If you want speaker would you leave the strategy I want for me and give me a free refresh?

@Khell - What is the maximum amount of command tokens we can have? Did someone say there was a cap? So Nekro aren't going to be having 100 tokens in the future, fleet size 50, exaggeration.

@d'rek - When we connect would you like to trade commodities?

@Twelve - If we connect would you like to trade any?

@Tapper - Would you like to trade commodities?


Depending on if I get a free refresh or if I opt for diplomacy instead, yes I would be interested in trading.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.
0

#134 User is offline   twelve 

  • Elder God
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,982
  • Joined: 27-March 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:41 PM

View PostBlend, on 30 January 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 30 January 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 30 January 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 30 January 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

@Blend - does being last in strategy pick bother you at all? I am thinking of opening up with politics strategy so that I can see what action cards I have before making my first move.If you want speaker would you leave the strategy I want for me and give me a free refresh?


As has been pointed out, I think my first few rounds are going to be very important, so I would rather not go last. If you make me speaker I will give you a free refresh and will not choose whichever strategy card you want me not to choose.


Okay that's a good deal. Can you include D'rek and Twelve in a free refresh please as they are my trading partners.


Hmmm.... I'll give one of them the refresh so you have someone to trade with. Which do you want?

Anyone else who wants the refresh let me know why I should give it to you! :)

Pick me,! Pick me! Please Pick me!
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.
0

#135 User is offline   Tapper 

  • Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,173
  • Joined: 29-June 04
  • Location:Delft, Holland.

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:46 PM

@ Tatts: yes, I am open for trade.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad
0

#136 User is offline   twelve 

  • Elder God
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,982
  • Joined: 27-March 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:46 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 30 January 2019 - 02:56 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 30 January 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 30 January 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 30 January 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 30 January 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

@Blend - does being last in strategy pick bother you at all? I am thinking of opening up with politics strategy so that I can see what action cards I have before making my first move.If you want speaker would you leave the strategy I want for me and give me a free refresh?


As has been pointed out, I think my first few rounds are going to be very important, so I would rather not go last. If you make me speaker I will give you a free refresh and will not choose whichever strategy card you want me not to choose.


Okay that's a good deal. Can you include D'rek and Twelve in a free refresh please as they are my trading partners.


Hmmm.... I'll give one of them the refresh so you have someone to trade with. Which do you want?

Anyone else who wants the refresh let me know why I should give it to you! :)


D'rek as she is closest thanks.


Boo!!! But she was the better choice for you.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.
0

#137 User is offline   D'rek 

  • Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators
  • Posts: 11,470
  • Joined: 08-August 07
  • Location::

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:51 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 30 January 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

@d'rek - When we connect would you like to trade commodities?


Sure. 4 for 4, right?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.
0

#138 User is offline   twelve 

  • Elder God
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,982
  • Joined: 27-March 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:51 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 30 January 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 30 January 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 30 January 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 30 January 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 30 January 2019 - 07:12 AM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 30 January 2019 - 07:03 AM, said:



Yeah, in the first game I got all the technology from attacking a couple of twelve's (multi planet) systems. That's what you get from being a peaceful tech race expanding towards the Nekro Posted Image


Expanding towards the Nekro? Yeah, that's not quite how I remember it happening :)


The Nekro had no choice but to respond to the unprovoked Jol-Nar agression.

Unprovoked? By the Nekro you mean. I spent half the game worried about you attacking me and the other half trying to take back what you stole.


It's not my fault you chose to be so beligerent. I had no choice but to defend myself.

LOL I'm pretty sure you are trolling me but it's amusing just the same.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.
0

#139 User is offline   twelve 

  • Elder God
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,982
  • Joined: 27-March 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:56 PM

Blend I would like a free refresh but as I can't trade with you the best I can offer is to return the favor or I could throw you a vote your way if it's not on an agenda that harms me.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.
0

#140 User is offline   D'rek 

  • Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators
  • Posts: 11,470
  • Joined: 08-August 07
  • Location::

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:57 PM

View Posttwelve, on 30 January 2019 - 03:34 PM, said:

View PostGalactic Council, on 30 January 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 30 January 2019 - 01:18 PM, said:

Just so I am sure then, if I gave the speaker token to Blend, he will be first in strategy pick and I will be second?

When I said I was considering giving it to Tapper that was because I assumed the order would be Tapper, Twelve then myself like a clock. Now I realise it is Twelve, then Blend then myself.


Yes, Blend, then you, then D'rek, etc.


We are doing this again. I thought we learned our lesson last game when I was royal fucked by being directly behind both my neighbors in strategy picks. Once the game starts it should revert to clockwise order. Plus it's confusing as hell trying to figure out who you are before and after in pick order after.


Agreed, but as I pointed out earlier no one in this game is in the same position as you were last game where both their neighbours pick in succession right before them, so it's not as bad this time around. I still prefer the simplicity of clockwise. But the idea of this scrambled seating order is that players are less likely to form POLITICS-hording blocks (players adjacent to each other in "seating order") with the same players they form alliances with (their immediate neighbours).

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.
0

Share this topic:


  • 242 Pages +
  • « First
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users