• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Soccer/Football/Futbol/Whatever in general The round ball game

#961 User is online   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 March 2020 - 09:46 AM

Lovren in the back 4 doesn't help. And we missed Hendos drive in the midfield something serious. But overall a lot of sloppy passing and a lack of zip. Our dip usually happens in January, seems we've hit it now instead.

#962 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 March 2020 - 05:05 PM

Okay football fr33k5. I need to know more about Erling Haaland. In that first leg against PSG, that goal by him was one of the purest strikes I've seen. Looking forward to highlights from his (and Dortmand's) second leg match against PSG today. Where'd did this beast come from? Was he created in some super soccer lab? or was this ability honed over time?

Posted Image

#963 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 11 March 2020 - 10:35 PM

Liverpool out! Wonder if the UCL will actually finish this year.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#964 User is online   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 12 March 2020 - 05:10 PM

I'd be surprised if any league or cups finish this season

#965 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 13 March 2020 - 09:51 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 11 March 2020 - 05:05 PM, said:

Okay football fr33k5. I need to know more about Erling Haaland. In that first leg against PSG, that goal by him was one of the purest strikes I've seen. Looking forward to highlights from his (and Dortmand's) second leg match against PSG today. Where'd did this beast come from? Was he created in some super soccer lab? or was this ability honed over time?

Posted Image

Red Bull Salzburg, which is essentially the evaluating facility/nursing home for the Red Bull football group (the flagship is RB Leipzig, but there;s also teams in New York and Brasil), which is headed by Ralf Rangnick, one of the people responsible for the development of the gegenpressing tactics. RB are seriously good at scouting (Sadio Mané went from Salzburg to Southampton) and Naby Keïta, Dayot Upamecano, Konrad Laimer and Kevin Kampl are players who went from Salzburg to Leipzig.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#966 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 14 March 2020 - 08:51 AM

If this happens, Liverpool will forever have an asterisk next to their name in the list of titles.
Sure, they've dominated so far, but they've stumbled recently and other early-dominant teams have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory at the end of the season before.
Aren't we still short of the point where they mathematically can't lose the title?

https://www.news.com...c7a637b32e6259c

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 14 March 2020 - 08:53 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#967 User is online   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 03 April 2020 - 07:52 AM

UEFA insists that all European leagues are completed this season and any club or league stopping this season risk being banned from European football next season. These people are insane.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#968 User is online   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 03 April 2020 - 09:21 AM

UEFA are also the people who put the Europa league final in St Jacobs stadium because it was beside their headquarters, then gave out 50%, yes half, of the miserly 40,000 capacity tickets out to their corporate partners. They are a bunch of money grubbing fucks like FIFA

#969 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 03 April 2020 - 03:27 PM

Not to throw a wet blanket on expectations about when we will be able to gather again in stadiums to watch sports, but a lot of experts are of the mind that it will be awhile. Bill Gates, in an interview, even hinted that live events probably won't happen until there is a vaccine. Best case scenario for a vaccine happening is 18 months. And then there will be the logistics of getting the vaccine distributed and administered, which would probably add another six months.

#970 User is online   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 03 April 2020 - 10:01 PM

once again Hendo shows why he is good enough to be captain of LFC

I'm as cynical as the next man, but I do believe him when he says he wanted the deal dome before it went public.

#971 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 April 2020 - 06:21 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 03 April 2020 - 03:27 PM, said:

Not to throw a wet blanket on expectations about when we will be able to gather again in stadiums to watch sports, but a lot of experts are of the mind that it will be awhile. Bill Gates, in an interview, even hinted that live events probably won't happen until there is a vaccine. Best case scenario for a vaccine happening is 18 months. And then there will be the logistics of getting the vaccine distributed and administered, which would probably add another six months.

Rick Reilly, an 11 time national sports writer of the year, said in an interview live sports won't happen for awhile either, citing that most doctors and scientist are of the opinion that even if the infection drops during the summer, it will come back in the autumn. I can't see a situation where professional leagues play in an empty stadium, but who knows, we'll see when that time comes.

#972 User is offline   Tavvar 

• Sergeant

Posted 06 April 2020 - 08:34 PM

All the sports leagues in the US are trying to come with with the weirdest possible strategy to play games in empty stadiums/arenas, and I believe the Premier League is too. Too much TV money to go without... But can they start up safely? Even with no fans, they still need players, support staff, coaches, referees, camera operators, announcers, etc. That's a lot of people to clear of COVID. Sportswise, I'm more concerned about the lower level leagues (and MLS, and the NCAA in the US), those leagues need gate revenue to survive, will they?

#973 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 06 April 2020 - 08:36 PM

I mean Man City will be fine they're used to playing in an empty stadium!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#974 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 April 2020 - 10:10 PM

View PostTavvar, on 06 April 2020 - 08:34 PM, said:

All the sports leagues in the US are trying to come with with the weirdest possible strategy to play games in empty stadiums/arenas, and I believe the Premier League is too. Too much TV money to go without... But can they start up safely? Even with no fans, they still need players, support staff, coaches, referees, camera operators, announcers, etc. That's a lot of people to clear of COVID. Sportswise, I'm more concerned about the lower level leagues (and MLS, and the NCAA in the US), those leagues need gate revenue to survive, will they?

There's also such a robust economy around the events that the optics of playing without fans would read as a big 'fuck you' to them. For example, stadium vendors & concessions, and pubs, bars, restaurants in the surrounding area, etc. I'm guessing the team owners are considering some compensation component that would go to these businesses if they decide to hold fan-less competitions.

#975 User is online   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 07 April 2020 - 11:58 AM

Ha, hahahaha hahahaha

Oh you're being serious?

Can you really see someone like Abramovich or the Glaziers giving one solitary single fuck about any restaurants, bars of the like in the stadiums vacinity that they don't own??

They'll see it as a chance to buy them cheap for when stadiums re open

#976 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 April 2020 - 05:25 AM

Used to catch Sky Sports mornings as I was getting ready for work. This isn't too far off the content they're offering due to coronavirus shutdown.

#977 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 14 April 2020 - 09:03 PM

Belarus is apparently the only country in the world still doing competitive matches.

Stream views on their games have gone through the roof. Americans are spawning fan clubs for Belorussian Premier League clubs.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#978 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 May 2020 - 03:36 PM

Bundesliga starting up today, any you cleat fr33k5 gonna have a looksy? Never gave Bundesliga much attention personally, cept where the teams competed in the UCL. League isn't all that competitive, other then two teams.

#979 User is online   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 17 May 2020 - 05:03 PM

An unfair assessment. Bayern dominate for periods yeah, but it's certainly aore competitive league than the two horse race that is Scotland. I'd say it's tougher than the 2/3 horser that is La Liga.

In terms of the big 5 in Europe in terms of competition

PL - Serie A - Bundesliga - La Liga - French league 1

#980 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 May 2020 - 03:20 PM

6 ft. lads, 6 ft. No exceptions!Posted Image

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 83 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »