• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Soccer/Football/Futbol/Whatever in general The round ball game

#1001 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 August 2020 - 07:09 PM

Aw, bugger. Don't do it, Ronald! Koeman set to replace Setien. It is a bloody hornet's nest, mate. Just stay with the national team, we need you. There is a proper prize available next year!
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#1002 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 August 2020 - 07:26 PM

Messi walking will give some more freedom in coaching possibly though

#1003 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 August 2020 - 07:34 PM

What?! The UEFA CL final is happening?! whut-thuh-waat! PSG v Bayern. How did we get here? Anyone got the CliffsNotes version?

Also, no Ballon d'Or this year? cause... "d'Rona"? Probably would have gone to Messi or Ronaldo, yeah? Although these clowns on the pre game said Lewandowski or Mbappé should get it, and one clown even had the temerity to mention Neymar as being worthy. I'm guessing they were limiting their analysis to the teams playing in the championship? dunno.

#1004 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 24 August 2020 - 07:08 AM

Bayern fully deserved to win. They've been immense this season. They've won every single champions league match they've played this season I heard. What an accomplishment. Liverpool are only team to beat them in their last 20 or so Champions League matches. Goes to show how good our win was last year. Not a fan of the single match knockout though. The greatest semi final ever would not have been played. Liverpool vs Barcelona. Losing 3 nil from the first leg Liverpool needed 3 without answer to force extra time. We won 4 nil. Corner taken quickly... Origi!!
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1005 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 24 August 2020 - 09:07 AM

Bayern tore Barca to bits on their march to the final 8-2. They were relentless and efficient. Magnificent in attack and staunch in defence, digging in when needed with a fabulous Neuer in between the sticks.

Fully deserved. And wonderful that Neymar didn't win (granted he has finally matured into a team player on the pitch, he's still an asshole off it)

#1006 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 24 August 2020 - 09:07 AM

And Liverpool get a cool £5m from Barca for Bayern winning the CL

#1007 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 August 2020 - 03:30 PM

Wait, wut? Talks ongoing about Messi going to PSG? Nuh bruh, nunna gonna happen. How did things come to this?

Also, first Can't-A-Duhian got in on that UFC trophy epicness. Kudos to him and Edmonton. You're joining the rest of the world Can't-A-Duh, keep trying.

So, next steps? They gonna roll right into the next season across all the leagues? I mean traditionally the Community Shield would have been sorted by this time for season kick off, yeah?

#1008 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 24 August 2020 - 04:27 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 24 August 2020 - 03:30 PM, said:

Wait, wut? Talks ongoing about Messi going to PSG? Nuh bruh, nunna gonna happen. How did things come to this?

Also, first Can't-A-Duhian got in on that UFC trophy epicness. Kudos to him and Edmonton. You're joining the rest of the world Can't-A-Duh, keep trying.

So, next steps? They gonna roll right into the next season across all the leagues? I mean traditionally the Community Shield would have been sorted by this time for season kick off, yeah?

It is this Saturday 4pm GMT.

Liverpool have had one friendly against Stuttgart and another on Tuesday against Salzburg I think.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1009 User is offline   Siergiej 

• High Fist

Posted 25 August 2020 - 09:42 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 23 August 2020 - 07:34 PM, said:

What?! The UEFA CL final is happening?! whut-thuh-waat! PSG v Bayern. How did we get here? Anyone got the CliffsNotes version?

Also, no Ballon d'Or this year? cause... "d'Rona"? Probably would have gone to Messi or Ronaldo, yeah? Although these clowns on the pre game said Lewandowski or Mbappé should get it, and one clown even had the temerity to mention Neymar as being worthy. I'm guessing they were limiting their analysis to the teams playing in the championship? dunno.

Lewandowski was by far the best player in the team that won the treble. He also scored 55 goals this season: for comparison, Messi and Ronaldo scored 68 combined. He would have easily won Ballon d'Or this year had it not been cancelled.

#1010 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 August 2020 - 03:39 PM

Here in the states the coverage is confusing because it seems like every new season the rights to air the matches changes hands. UEFA Champions League started out on Fox Sports (who had the best coverage) then went to something called DZN (which I think was paid subscription streaming service). Then it went to TBS and pay for streaming service B/R. Now it is on CBS Sports and their streaming platform. So I am really fucked now in locating the UCL matches. I hope the CBS Sports channel (located at like 867 on the dial) will air some of the matches and not push them completely to their streaming service.

Bundesliga was on Fox Sports, now it plays on ESPN I think. I used to watch Bundesliga on Fox Sports, but now it is difficult to locate the matches.

ESPN picked up the recent season of Serie A.

No La Liga matchs are aired here in the US, as far as I know.

Premier League has been the most reliable. The league airs on NBC Sports here and they have the best coverage and analysis. There has been talk that ESPN will buy the rights and move the matches to their ESPN+ pay for streaming service. That will piss me off if that happens. They did that shit with MMA/UFC.

So Lewandowski flies way under the radar in my corner of the soccer universe. Consequently, my default position on awards like that is,"Messie/Ronaldo probably will win it."

#1011 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 25 August 2020 - 08:29 PM

Messi and or Ronny win it because they're Messi and Ronny.

Superb players without a doubt and should have won a few each, but they weren't the best on every occasion they have won it.

#1012 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 25 August 2020 - 09:29 PM

Messi to Accrington Stanley, you heard it here first.
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#1013 User is offline   Siergiej 

• High Fist

Posted 26 August 2020 - 10:44 AM

City gonna sign Messi and in CL quarter final Pep will play him at left back and get knocked out by FC Porto

This post has been edited by Siergiej: 26 August 2020 - 10:44 AM

#1014 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 27 August 2020 - 08:52 PM

I am wary of jynxing this but coleraine from our wee country are currently holding Maribor out at 1-1 in europe qualifiers

#1015 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 27 August 2020 - 09:40 PM

boom!

the financial lift that Coleraine will get from this will keep them afloat for years!

#1016 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 03 September 2020 - 11:07 AM

I have renewed the Fantasy league for this season.

I can feel it, this is my year

https://fantasy.prem...uto-join/mign4g

#1017 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 03 September 2020 - 12:05 PM

Nup, you used up all your good luck getting Mrs Maccy.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#1018 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 September 2020 - 06:20 PM

Messi going to be with Barca for the upcoming season... herp derp.

Is it going to be a long kiss goodbye? With much back slapping and thatta boys? / We are drawing up statue designs? Or nuh bruez, ya a bum... fuck outta here, we don't care bowtcha?

Also, where does he land 2021/2022? Man. City? Or as some think, he locked on now to Barca till retirement?

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 05 September 2020 - 06:44 PM

#1019 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 September 2020 - 05:17 PM

EPL kicks off this weekend. Uh, Leeds United? da-fook?!

#1020 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 September 2020 - 04:14 PM

Awwww yeah! Gareth Bale back to Spurs! It's an understatement to say he is on the back nine of his career, but I think he as more to give and can be productive. Thoughts?

Share this topic:

• 83 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users