• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Soccer/Football/Futbol/Whatever in general The round ball game

#921 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 January 2020 - 08:06 PM

Man I really hope we can put a stop to the winning record of the bin dippers tomorrow.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#922 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 19 January 2020 - 07:06 PM

Well so much for that...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#923 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 January 2020 - 07:12 PM

My Wolves gonna end this madness and enjoy their kill this Thursday.
Posted Image

#924 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:59 PM

Well, that's a bummer. Good showing by my Wolves though, but in the end, defanged by those liver eating droolers from Liverpool.

Liverpool side always seems to have that extra bit that the other side can't answer. Nice goal by Wolves though, beautiful pacing that.

#925 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:11 AM

I thought you were a spurs man

#926 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:28 AM

Maybe he forgot? ;)
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#927 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 January 2020 - 03:23 PM

I'm still a Spurs fan, but you can like another team also, or is that frowned upon in the UK?

I thought maybe I would be out on Spurs after the hire of Mourinho, but he's been keeping it low key so far. He hasn't released his full force, arrogant asshole yet. I think maybe how things ended with Man U tempered him a bit, so I've kept cheering for them. I think he will melt down eventually though, at which time the team will let him go and hopefully think more long term in regards to a stable, quality manager.

#928 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 25 January 2020 - 01:04 AM

Well, it is very weird and rather jarring to my personal idea of fandom. I can appreciate that you have sympathies for multiple clubs. I myself have lived in Sheffield for nearly 14 years, during which I have visited a handful of Wednesday matches and I also like to see United doing well. But there is only one team that I am, and ever will be, a fan of and that is NEC Nijmegen. They are in my heart, my blood, my birth soil, my soul. There will never be a team that will replace or match that sentiment. And I could never picture myself being a true 'fan' of another club. It is not how fandom works in my personal experience when it comes to football.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 25 January 2020 - 01:05 AM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#929 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:46 AM

My personal idea of fandom is they are the worst examples of humanity. I take none of it seriously. I enjoy the camaraderie and the fun razzing I give my friends. I have a favorite team in soccer and american football, but I have other teams I root for. No one in my immediate circle of friends has a problem with that,because they don't take it that seriously either, and in fact, they root for other teams as well.

#930 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 27 January 2020 - 12:43 PM

I like to see Wolves doing well and have a soft spot for Spurs for some reason.

Over seas I prefer Athletico over the rest in Spain, Dortmund in Germany and Juventus (despite them having Ronny) in Italy.

That said I'm a Liverpool fan and won't actively support another team (unless of course they are playing against United ;))

Liking a team and what they are doing isn't the same as being a fan per se, imo. So it looks odd when you say your spurs, then also say your wolves, as it you equate them

Shrug

Each to their own, I was only ribbing, suggesting you were a flavour of the month fan, who would have been diehard fox in '15 etc

#931 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:44 PM

Yup, same here. No offence meant, just a slight bemusement. I just cannot imagine ever having the same amount of passion for any other team than NEC, not even remotely close. Appreciation, sure. Fan love? Nope. Heck, I write columns for one of their online fanzines, I moderate on the official supportersforum and I watch every single match through live stream (and try to visit at least one each year in person). There is no other team that I would ever consider doing that for.

#932 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:54 PM

I normally enjoy visiting this thread every now and then. To see someone paint Liverpool fans as bin dippers though shows how low the quality of content is.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#933 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 January 2020 - 02:17 PM

In the parlance of a ladies man, Spurs are my main squeeze, Wolves are my side piece. Although, depending how things develop, they could switch.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Does that clear things up and lower your distress level over the matter? Posted Image

#934 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 27 January 2020 - 02:34 PM

Nope, even more concerned now. How could things develop? Have you come into some secret knowledge? Or do you just hate Mourhino?Posted Image

#935 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 27 January 2020 - 03:05 PM

What happens when your main squeeze finds out about your side squeeze?

#936 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 27 January 2020 - 03:10 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 27 January 2020 - 01:54 PM, said:

I normally enjoy visiting this thread every now and then. To see someone paint Liverpool fans as bin dippers though shows how low the quality of content is.

I'm a United fan it's what we call them. I think it hasn't affected the actual discussion in reality.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#937 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 27 January 2020 - 03:43 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 27 January 2020 - 03:10 PM, said:

I'm a United fan it's what we call them. I think it hasn't affected the actual discussion in reality.

And why do United fans call liverpool supporters that? I'd have thought someone like you would not stoop so low. You're aiming that at Macros for example and he lives no where near. I live over the water, and I'd not dig at United fans for all being incestuous even though that's a fact.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#938 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 27 January 2020 - 04:29 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 27 January 2020 - 03:43 PM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 27 January 2020 - 03:10 PM, said:

And why do United fans call liverpool supporters that? I'd have thought someone like you would not stoop so low. You're aiming that at Macros for example and he lives no where near. I live over the water, and I'd not dig at United fans for all being incestuous even though that's a fact.

It's part of the tradition and rivalry, I honestly think it's fun. I love macros despite him supporting the scum ;) I'm sure he feels the same.

And yes there are always utter bellends that take the rivalry too far (I know Utd fans that wouldn't even talk to someone if they were from Liverpool) but on the whole it's a laugh.

I used to be really good friends with a Liverpudlian LFC fan (I moved away so I don't see her as often) but we'd constantly be digging at each other and it was hilarious.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#939 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 27 January 2020 - 04:56 PM

It’s just football banter…

I work with a smug Liverpool fan who I call a dirty rat eating wanker all the time…

I live in Newcastle and support Man Utd… I’m sure you can imagine the amount of stick that I get.

It’s just not something you take offence at…

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#940 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 31 January 2020 - 06:58 PM

Wow, I looked at the schedule this weekend and I have a really nice warm up in advance of the Super Bowl.

My side piece (Wolves) plays Man United tomorrow. Then my main squeeze (Spurs) plays Man City on Sunday. The poindexters from Manchester gonna be crying when my teams capture them Ws.Posted Image

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 83 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users