Posted 09 December 2016 - 12:49 PM

View Postchamp, on 09 December 2016 - 10:53 AM, said:

View PostTraveller, on 09 December 2016 - 10:27 AM, said:

Because it wouldn't really make sense for Ford to
Spoiler

re Spoiler:

Spoiler

Ah, that clears a few things up.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#83 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:35 AM

View PostBriar King, on 10 December 2016 - 03:01 AM, said:

It makes since that it had to have been a
Spoiler
to me anyway.

That was really the only neg I even had with this show. It was def a ummm okkkk... moment

I think...

Spoiler

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#84 User is offline   Siergiej 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:41 PM

Finished watching today and was absolutely blown away. Not sure when was the last time a story had such an impact on me. Making a Murderer left me devastated but it's a documentary, so not really a good measuring stick... probably the first season of House of Cards. I finished Westworld like 7 hours ago and have been reading and thinking about it the whole day. It might have been too large for me, emotionally and intellectually, to pick up a meaningful discussion, but one bit that jumps at me:

Spoiler
Also, here's an interesting piece about Westworld in context of identity politics: http://www.newyorker...led-the-western Omg, I fucking love this show.

Edit
Oh wow, looks like formatting broke doown.

This post has been edited by Siergiej: 10 December 2016 - 05:44 PM

#85 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:40 AM

This was an amazing show!
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#86 User is offline   Dadding 

• Shaved Knuckle in the Hole

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:57 PM

Just finished it today.
Spoiler

#87 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:45 PM

Just the finale left to go.
Damn, this is good sf tv.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#88 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 July 2017 - 03:47 AM

Season 2 teaser from SDCC. Isn't season 2 still a ways off though? Like beyond 2018?

Again guys, if I'm getting annoying posting these trailers/vids from SDCC, let me know, kay?

#89 User is online   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:40 AM

That's a quality trailer. Loving the Kanye piano.

This post has been edited by polishgenius: 05 February 2018 - 05:41 AM

I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#90 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:28 AM

View PostBriar King, on 05 February 2018 - 02:07 AM, said:

Oh I see. 2017 was the yr off. Damn that yr off went by fast.

Game of Thrones filled the gap there I think.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#91 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:47 PM

GoT is skipping 2018, not Westworld.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#92 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:02 PM

Interesting trailer.

I've got to say, after the ending of Season 1, I don't see how they continue the "Westworld" part of the story. I think they should have moved to a different part of the attraction, like the Samurai world or something.

Realistically, with what happened when the robots/clones revolted, the board of directors/government should come down on the park with the anger of a god. At the level of technology suggested by the show, it would be absolutely no problem for the board to just send in drones or military robots to kill everything.

So, where would the story go from here? Are we meant to believe the park just keeps functioning?

#93 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:09 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 05 February 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

Interesting trailer.

I've got to say, after the ending of Season 1, I don't see how they continue the "Westworld" part of the story. I think they should have moved to a different part of the attraction, like the Samurai world or something.

Realistically, with what happened when the robots/clones revolted, the board of directors/government should come down on the park with the anger of a god. At the level of technology suggested by the show, it would be absolutely no problem for the board to just send in drones or military robots to kill everything.

So, where would the story go from here? Are we meant to believe the park just keeps functioning?

If there were hundreds or even thousands of humans in the park when the board was killed that would probably explain why they just can't come in and wipe all of the robots out. There are probably robots who are have not yet awoken and then robots who obviously have. You could end up with a robot civil war along with humans hunting down the awoken robots.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#94 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:17 PM

I don't buy that.

At the end of Season 1 the robots are in full kill all humans mode. Assuming that the sentience virus thing is wide spread finding and killing all the humans should be no problem what with the robots insight into the systems. That means you have a few days of tracking down and murdering all the people in West World section of the park.

Then what? The robots try to escape? I don't think there is time for a civil war. With the amount of money at stake, not to mention repercussions of rich and powerful people getting killed, the Board HAS to come down on the park in a way that would make the Roman Empire proud. Everything dies. Everything burns. No second chances. That threat had been looming in the background through out the first season.

I've had this same discussion with a friend and I think the thing that is important in this equation is just how advanced human technology is in this future. If you can build a human being from scratch for fun, then you can bet you ass that we're waaaay past conventional warfare and weapon deployment in this civilization. Think about what we can do with drone technology today. Imagine what they can do with a military AI housed inside a drone, hovering over the park.

#95 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:27 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 05 February 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

I don't buy that.

At the end of Season 1 the robots are in full kill all humans mode. Assuming that the sentience virus thing is wide spread finding and killing all the humans should be no problem what with the robots insight into the systems. That means you have a few days of tracking down and murdering all the people in West World section of the park.

Then what? The robots try to escape? I don't think there is time for a civil war. With the amount of money at stake, not to mention repercussions of rich and powerful people getting killed, the Board HAS to come down on the park in a way that would make the Roman Empire proud. Everything dies. Everything burns. No second chances. That threat had been looming in the background through out the first season.

I've had this same discussion with a friend and I think the thing that is important in this equation is just how advanced human technology is in this future. If you can build a human being from scratch for fun, then you can bet you ass that we're waaaay past conventional warfare and weapon deployment in this civilization. Think about what we can do with drone technology today. Imagine what they can do with a military AI housed inside a drone, hovering over the park.

Worth noting that just about everyone who has the authority to order the park wiped out was in that slaughter (except the man in black who will want to play).

And of course the security staff are decimated thanks to the escape attempt.
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#96 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:30 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 05 February 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

I don't buy that.

Assuming that the robots are some of the most advanced AI on earth would you really want to send in full military drone into a park where it could possibly be flipped to the robots side? If I might quote Riply from Aliens

Ripley : I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Private Hudson : Fuckin' A!

I am sure that there are cost considerations that go into that kind of decision though.

#97 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:53 PM

Pretty excited.

Based on the trailer am I right in assuming Ed Harris is returning as the Man in Black for the second season? I assumed that he died during the beginning of the massacre but maybe not? I don't know how but it would be great. He was excellent in the first season.

#98 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:07 PM

I am only a quarter of the way through episode 1. I watched it while on the train to work and then I got a late start because I couldn't get Rebals to play right.

#99 User is offline   Catherine 

• Lieutenant
  • Interests:SCA<br />International Side-saddle Association<br />good books<br />the Space Channe<br />Arabian horses

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:41 AM

if this season is anything like the first one which jumped back and forth (thank you for everyone who helped me understand) paying more attention to detail and there are clues
, so that is how Floki talks

#100 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:21 PM

We only finished Season 1 last night. AMAZING!

Onto the first ep of S2!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users