#61 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:09 PM

View PostBriar King, on 06 December 2016 - 06:55 PM, said:

My Dvr cut off when credits started.

You did not miss much

Spoiler

Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#62 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:50 PM

Holy fuck. That was sooo very good. Best tv I've watched all year.

But
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Traveller: 06 December 2016 - 10:57 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#63 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:25 PM

It was consciousness and the question of volition/difference at the core. I'm interested if Season Two fast forwards into a sporadic war between the bots and the people on the outside. I think staying with the Ford/Man in Black driven narrative will be something the writers don't want to do.

Pretty damn good first season, although it's much easier to succeed with a show like this than Game of Thrones, which probably has the best location scouting of all time.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#64 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:41 PM

The 'SW' was a nice hint at just how big this could get. Although I'm really not sure how they'll handle it from now on; it's been about the Park and the rise of consciousness, but once this has happened in more than a few isolated cases the Park ceases to function, and it becomes a different show entirely.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 06 December 2016 - 11:42 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#65 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:51 PM

The satisfaction on The Man in Black's face during that ending was worth the price of admission.

So, there was a "Futureworld" movie back in the 70s. Is that where this will lead next? Is the park setting the same or is it a "future world?" so to speak (not knowing anything about the original movies myself).

#66 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:24 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 06 December 2016 - 11:51 PM, said:

The satisfaction on The Man in Black's face during that ending was worth the price of admission.

So, there was a "Futureworld" movie back in the 70s. Is that where this will lead next? Is the park setting the same or is it a "future world?" so to speak (not knowing anything about the original movies myself).

The premise of the original movie seemed to be that there were multiple parks ongoing. This season implied that there was only the one - but the samurai plus the Futureworld movie from before suggest that Delos may have other parks in operation. But... is that worth a rehashing of this story? Where does the story progress from here? It's up in the air and so far, this season was really great.

My only critique was that in the finale, there was a lengthy "tell you the exact happenings going on vis a vis the flashbacks and flashforwards and Ford explaining things to the viewer" part put in, maybe for people who have trouble remembering a whole season at once. I hate that and I wish it wasn't present in this one.

#67 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:31 AM

View PostTraveller, on 06 December 2016 - 10:50 PM, said:

Holy fuck. That was sooo very good. Best tv I've watched all year.

But
Spoiler

Spoiler

Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#68 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:08 AM

s

View Postamphibian, on 07 December 2016 - 04:24 AM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 06 December 2016 - 11:51 PM, said:

My only critique was that in the finale, there was a lengthy "tell you the exact happenings going on vis a vis the flashbacks and flashforwards and Ford explaining things to the viewer" part put in, maybe for people who have trouble remembering a whole season at once. I hate that and I wish it wasn't present in this one.

Yeah, I with you on this. The back and forth with Dolores (and you know who) in the finale was very much hand holding the audience who were clueless about what was going on. But I read on other forums that viewers were confused about what was happening, so I don't hate it, I think it was necessary.

#69 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:06 AM

We are on a Malazan forum, so our ability to remember things and multiple plot-lines for a while has been tested and improved.

But seriously... this is only 10 hours of TV and most people watched this weekly if they're talking about this now. Aaarrrggghh. You're right about its necessity though. I wish it wasn't so.

#70 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:21 AM

View Postamphibian, on 07 December 2016 - 06:06 AM, said:

We are on a Malazan forum, so our ability to remember things and multiple plot-lines for a while has been tested and improved.

But seriously... this is only 10 hours of TV and most people watched this weekly if they're talking about this now. Aaarrrggghh. You're right about its necessity though. I wish it wasn't so.

It's all good. I think it helped the show to dive deep into each character, especially
Spoiler

And to be honest, I'm not the most enlightened by any means. I mean, if someone can explain to me the role of
Spoiler
in the grander scheme of it all, I'd be greatly appreciative. Posted Image

#71 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 07 December 2016 - 12:36 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 07 December 2016 - 06:21 AM, said:

It's all good. I think it helped the show to dive deep into each character, especially
Spoiler

And to be honest, I'm not the most enlightened by any means. I mean, if someone can explain to me the role of
Spoiler
in the grander scheme of it all, I'd be greatly appreciative. Posted Image

As far as I could make out,
Spoiler

Overall it was interesting to see what route they'd take with this. I thought, at the start, that the series would feature more guests - that the main characters would be the visitors; so when things start to go awry there are lots of people trapped within the park. But there were actually surprising few guests.

I'm not sure some concepts worked entirely.
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Traveller: 07 December 2016 - 01:14 PM

#72 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:26 PM

It was absolutely necessary. I've talked to some intelligent TV watchers, even one who's a GoT theorist, who still didn't understand the show, despite all the recapping in the finale.

#73 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:36 PM

View PostTraveller, on 07 December 2016 - 12:36 PM, said:

I'm not sure some concepts worked entirely.
Spoiler

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Nevyn: 08 December 2016 - 02:22 PM

#74 User is offline   Battalion 

• Emperor

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:05 AM

Masterclass in acting by Hopkins, his delivery of lines was simply fuc*king awesome!
Great story-telling as well.

A few things ...

Spoiler

Get to the chopper!

#75 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:54 PM

View PostBattalion, on 08 December 2016 - 10:05 AM, said:

Masterclass in acting by Hopkins, his delivery of lines was simply fuc*king awesome!

A few things ...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Re. Maeve..
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Traveller: 08 December 2016 - 12:57 PM

#76 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:13 PM

View PostTraveller, on 08 December 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

View PostBattalion, on 08 December 2016 - 10:05 AM, said:

A few things ...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Re. Maeve..
Spoiler

Re: Maeve:

If you pause and zoom it actually said:

Spoiler

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#77 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:39 PM

Ah. Maybe all part of the plan though..

Spoiler

Shame we have to wait so long to find out.

#78 User is offline   Battalion 

• Emperor

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:57 AM

View PostTraveller, on 08 December 2016 - 01:39 PM, said:

Spoiler

This is what my brother thinks - it's all part of Ford's master plan.
Spoiler

Get to the chopper!

#79 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 09 December 2016 - 08:10 AM

View PostBattalion, on 09 December 2016 - 07:57 AM, said:

View PostTraveller, on 08 December 2016 - 01:39 PM, said:

Spoiler

This is what my brother thinks - it's all part of Ford's master plan.
Spoiler

Definitely...

Spoiler

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#80 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:27 AM

Because it wouldn't really make sense for Ford to
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Traveller: 09 December 2016 - 10:39 AM

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users