Malazan Empire: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Malazan Empire

• 54 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread Awww yissssss!

#781 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 25 August 2021 - 12:44 PM

View Poststone monkey, on 24 August 2021 - 06:17 PM, said:

After
Spoiler
they definitely don't need Infinity Stones for any of that

They don't need infinity stones but the elegant writing ploy, would be to connect the end of the MCU Infinity War with the start of a new Phase, new characters. Have the use of the infinity stones and breaking of the glove, create changes that ripple through time, space and realities. This grabs the attention of Kang the Conqeror, who through future tech and cruel manipulation, comes to our century creating the reality he desires or needs for his own future to come to pass.

Time warps. Dead heroes coming to life, other heroes never existing, new identities and origins. Some people remember the old past, some people don't want the old past to happen again. In orbit around the earth 4 astronauts are suddenly bombarded by cosmic radiation and become the fantastic 4, 50 years ago a random mutation suddenly occurs that creates the homo superior gene and X-men are created and Deadpool becomes MCU Canon.

And deep, deep in outer space a silver surfer becomes aware of a planet his master might desire... in the next, next phase.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 25 August 2021 - 12:45 PM

#782 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 September 2021 - 03:04 AM

On the Eternals thing, has Kumail Nanjiani released any details of his fitness regimen he used to get into the shape he got in for the role? Great googly moogly, dude could be a body builder. I remember when he was mostly doing stand up comedy and when he was on Silicon Valley, he was sort of schlubby.

#783 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 02 September 2021 - 12:30 PM

View PostBriar King, on 25 August 2021 - 05:11 PM, said:

Oh yeah What If 3 was fucking cool!

Really interesting ep.

Spoiler

Have not watched yesterday's Doc Strange ep yet.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 02 September 2021 - 12:31 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#784 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 03 September 2021 - 12:17 PM

OMG. Ten Rings was baller. Loved it.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#785 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 September 2021 - 12:50 PM

View PostGust Hubb, on 03 September 2021 - 12:17 PM, said:

OMG. Ten Rings was baller. Loved it.

Ack! I can't wait to see it, but I'll have to wait as I'm not ready to go back to the theatre during the 4th wave. Glad to hear it's good though. With Simu Liu and especially Tony Leung, how could it not be?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#786 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 September 2021 - 05:53 PM

Can someone who's seen Shang-Chi confirm the hype surrounding the post-credit scenes? (without spoiling anything of course). I'm personally over end credit scenes, and think films should move on, but they're kind of germane to the Marvel ecosystem.

#787 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 04 September 2021 - 06:44 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 04 September 2021 - 05:53 PM, said:

Can someone who's seen Shang-Chi confirm the hype surrounding the post-credit scenes? (without spoiling anything of course). I'm personally over end credit scenes, and think films should move on, but they're kind of germane to the Marvel ecosystem.

I've taken to leaving and then You Tube afterwards. I enjoy the smug feeling as I walk by everyone who has chosen to stay for the long haul. Life is way to short for that shit.

This post has been edited by Mezla PigDog: 04 September 2021 - 06:44 PM

Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#788 User is offline   ContrarianMalazanReader 

• Fist

Posted 04 September 2021 - 09:27 PM

I've developed a different view on movie credits over the years as my knowledge of movie making grew.

If you really enjoyed the movie then you should sit through the credits, because that's the best way you can pay your respects to the people who worked to make it happen.

#789 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 05 September 2021 - 10:45 AM

But how will they know you did? It's a bit like applauding pilots for getting the plane on the ground. It is their job. I don't spend 5 minutes every morning admiring my showerhead because a bloke in a factory handtightened a screw on it. I don't even know what 95% of the listed job roles on the credits mean. For all I know I am paying respects to a multi-millionaire producer who has just made another few millions on the film I have paid money to watch.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#790 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 05 September 2021 - 05:47 PM

View PostContrarianMalazanReader, on 04 September 2021 - 09:27 PM, said:

I've developed a different view on movie credits over the years as my knowledge of movie making grew.

If you really enjoyed the movie then you should sit through the credits, because that's the best way you can pay your respects to the people who worked to make it happen.

All my film profs shared this view and for a while I did too.

Then reality reset in and....

View PostGorefest, on 05 September 2021 - 10:45 AM, said:

But how will they know you did? ...

I'll stay for stingers and great end credit animations. Not for rolling text.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#791 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 05 September 2021 - 06:23 PM

I ain't spending time on scrolling white text on a black background. It's for industry purposes and those in the industry are are who pay attention to those. I bet they just look them up on IMDB pro or whatever is the industry equivalent instead of staying to watch a scroll.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#792 User is online   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 05 September 2021 - 10:37 PM

View PostContrarianMalazanReader, on 04 September 2021 - 09:27 PM, said:

The best way to pay respects to the people who made the movie is to have paid to see the movie. Sitting through the credits, which even the most keen person in the world cannot possibly concentrate to catch every name in, adds nothing. It's not like youtube videos where the way algorithms and viewcounts work the creator doesn't get the full benefit of the view if you don't watch the whole video start-to-finish; film crew don't get docked pay or even exposure if you don't sit through the long scroll.

This post has been edited by polishgenius: 05 September 2021 - 10:38 PM

I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#793 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 08 September 2021 - 01:36 AM

Friend and I trucked out to see Shang-chi tonight and it was a ton of fun! One of the better Marvel villains, I think, and lots of fun moments that weren't spoiled by the trailers. It's a bit flashback-heavier than I'd like and I found some of the nighttime fights too dark to follow well, but those are minor quibbles. I really like the versatility of the rings as weapons, themselves, sometimes being punchy, sometimes projectiles, sometimes whips, etc, they're a fun macguffin.

View PostMalankazooie, on 04 September 2021 - 05:53 PM, said:

There are two post-credit scenes, and I wouldn't consider either of them to be "hype" at all. But I guess geek-movie Youtubers are always fighting for views so the post-credit scene could be watching paint dry and you'll still get a bajillion "MARVEL POST-CREDIT EXPLAINED AND ALL PAINT EASTER EGGS" videos.

Anyways, the first post-credits (mid-credits?) scene is less than 60 seconds in (between the cool aesthetic credits, before they go to white-text-on-black credits) and calls back to earlier in the movie so you absolutely *should* stay and watch that one - I don't think it will be as good looking it up later.

Then the second one is all the way at the very end of the credits, and there's probably no harm in looking that one up later if you don't want to stick through the whole credits.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#794 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:05 PM

I just found out that Park Seo-joon, who played the lead in the K-Drama ITAEWON CLASS, was added to the cast of THE MARVELS! That's exciting. He's a phenomenal actor.

#795 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 September 2021 - 06:42 PM

What's the prognosis for that Hawkeye thing? (is it a movie or a series of episodes?) I barely follow anything Marvel and especially something adjacent to Avengers, but I'm kind of curious about this one because of the hate the character has received.

[EDIT] oof, I think it has a holiday/Christmas plot. Usually not a great thing. Sounds like it might be a Trains, Planes and Automobiles type outing.

#796 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 16 September 2021 - 10:20 AM

Hey, nothing wrong with P, T & A. Great film, that.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 16 September 2021 - 10:21 AM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#797 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 September 2021 - 04:02 PM

Agreed. Planes, Trains & Autos is a wonderful film. It's basically an annual tradition around here. Which makes this Marvel thing with Hawkeye all the more worrisome if they try to create a similar scenario. The caveat being I don't know what the Hawkeye thing is about, other than I read it was a "trying to get home for Christmas" type setup. That's what the premise on the wiki page states anyway.

#798 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 16 September 2021 - 09:05 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 15 September 2021 - 06:42 PM, said:

What's the prognosis for that Hawkeye thing? (is it a movie or a series of episodes?) I barely follow anything Marvel and especially something adjacent to Avengers, but I'm kind of curious about this one because of the hate the character has received.

[EDIT] oof, I think it has a holiday/Christmas plot. Usually not a great thing. Sounds like it might be a Trains, Planes and Automobiles type outing.

Fan / critic favorite MCU actor / character will apparently be returning---
Spoiler

Wasn't too keen on Hawkeye but this piqued my interest....

#799 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 September 2021 - 05:04 PM

I was looking at the MCU road map. They're going to fold the Fantastic Four into this? That could see the introduction of some pretty powerful baddies, right?

Also, I totally forgot about the Morbius deal, is it part of the MCU?

#800 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 September 2021 - 07:04 AM

Is this tied into the wider Marvel stuff? Or is it separate?

Share this topic:

• 54 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users