Malazan Empire: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Malazan Empire

• 54 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread Awww yissssss!

#541 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 February 2021 - 03:20 AM

'Spider-Man Robs Banks and Shoots Up in This Massive Misfire'

https://www.thedaily...-movie?ref=home

... turns out it's not actually a Spider-Man / Marvel movie... though that would be an interesting premise for Spider-Man: No Way Home. (He becomes a homeless junkie who robs banks to support his habit?...)

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 26 February 2021 - 03:22 AM

#542 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 26 February 2021 - 05:07 AM

Spider-Man could just rob drug dealers if that was his thing.

#543 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 27 February 2021 - 12:53 AM

Spoiler

#544 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 February 2021 - 12:58 AM

Soooo on WandaVision, Hayward....
Spoiler

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#545 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 February 2021 - 01:12 AM

View PostCause, on 27 February 2021 - 12:53 AM, said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

#546 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 01 March 2021 - 05:21 PM

This is speculation about casting in SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME, but I'll spoiler it in case they keep any of these possible castings out of the marketing and people want to be surprised by these possible appearances:

Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 01 March 2021 - 05:24 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#547 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:19 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 01 March 2021 - 05:21 PM, said:

This is speculation about casting in SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME, but I'll spoiler it in case they keep any of these possible castings out of the marketing and people want to be surprised by these possible appearances:

Spoiler

I had heard that was

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 02 March 2021 - 10:19 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#548 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 March 2021 - 02:06 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 02 March 2021 - 10:19 AM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 01 March 2021 - 05:21 PM, said:

Spoiler

I had heard that was

Spoiler

Holland denies everything now because of how much trouble he's gotten into in the past for spilling beans. But both have reportedly already been seen on set.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#549 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 March 2021 - 02:41 PM

I heard it was
Spoiler

#550 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 March 2021 - 02:55 PM

View PostMacros, on 03 March 2021 - 02:41 PM, said:

I heard it was
Spoiler

Nah, he hides in plainer sight in all the MCU movies! :p

#551 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 March 2021 - 09:08 PM

Haven't watched WandaVision yet because I'm going to binge the episodes when when they are all released, but I saw an article that indicates the show has kinda been shitting the bed as the last couple of episodes wrap up the first season. Is that your guys' impression? I'll probably still watch it, but my excitement has dropped a bit.

Also, as a public service announcement, I guess the season 1 finale has two end credit scenes, so make sure you stay tuned until the film roll does that thing where it makes a flapping noise because it spooled all the way up. Is that still a thing?

#552 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 March 2021 - 01:08 AM

Well that was a WILDLY disappointing finale.

NONE of the previously correct leakers who nailed the previous eps were right, and NOTHING they speculated came true.

So this is me eating crow at how wrong I was. Sorry Drek.

Like it was a good episode, but everything we assumed about what was going on was what was going on...so like the finale just walked through those Plotlines to their inevitable end. No surprises whatsoever.

#553 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 March 2021 - 04:33 AM

I can see how you might be really disappointed if you were invested (rather than just, say, piqued) by all the speculation. Without spoiling anything specific, a lot of 'easter eggs' turned out to be just that -- easter eggs. Not hints, not puzzles, and not setups with cool fan service payoffs for those paying close attention -- at least not within the scope of the one series.
I was somewhere in the middle, so I felt a little disappointment but with more of an "ah well it was still mostly cool" final feeling. Some of the dialogue in the last few eps was very explain-the-subtext-out-loud, though, which was grating.

#554 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 March 2021 - 05:11 AM

It wasn’t just my expectations about leaks and stuff, the episode basically followed the existing plot lines to their inevitable ends. Which made it kinda boring. Jimmy, Darcy, and Monica all just sort of dropped off the story till the very end. Even Hayward just kind of followed his “military bad guy for no reason” to the end. Like it was all just wrapping up stuff we knew. Hell even the runes was telegraphed by the “previously on wandavision” at the beginning...it’s like the biggest quasi-surprise in the ep and I guessed it right when they chose to focus on it in the recap.

Just blah.

Like even if I wasn’t expecting leaks stuff...I would still be massively underwhelmed by it as a finale for the first mCU tv show.

They just kind of threw the budget at special effects for two superhero fights...that’s literally it.

Still looking fwd to TFATWS though in two weeks.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 06 March 2021 - 05:14 AM

#555 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 March 2021 - 06:04 AM

Can't argue with that, QT, but it's not unusual for me to be less plot-centered and more theme-centered than the average bear, so the bluntness of explaining the subtext stuff bothers me waaaay more than the (admittedly unexpected) narrow scope of the plot and character arcs. Not to say I'm all of one and none of the other, or vice versa for you. Like you, I was hoping for a bit more integration into the wider world of Marvel properties we're yet to see, and that would have been both excitingly plot- and theme-building.

Spoiler

#556 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 March 2021 - 12:35 PM

Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 06 March 2021 - 12:41 PM

#557 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 06 March 2021 - 01:59 PM

I don't understand why people want to get the leaks and advance info or any of that. Unless it's a review saying this is utter utter dogshit, avoid, I prefer going in knowing next to nothing.

Similar to "trailers" for movies. The art of the trailer is dead, they are now basically a synopsis with highlight reel

#558 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 March 2021 - 02:16 PM

View PostMacros, on 06 March 2021 - 01:59 PM, said:

I don't understand why people want to get the leaks and advance info or any of that. Unless it's a review saying this is utter utter dogshit, avoid, I prefer going in knowing next to nothing.

Similar to "trailers" for movies. The art of the trailer is dead, they are now basically a synopsis with highlight reel

Normally I would not have bothered, but WV didn’t really interest me when I heard about it or saw the trailers, so I went in trying to find out what I could find out to interest myself in it enough to watch since it was going to be the first phase 4 MCU material.

Like I won’t look up any spoilers or leaks for Falcon and the winter solider or Loki....but that’s because I was looking fwd to them, so I know I’m going to watch.

That I ended up enjoying WV for the most part was surprising to me since I was so meh about it before it came out.

Lesson learned I guess.

#559 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 06 March 2021 - 02:32 PM

You see, Macros is wise

#560 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 06 March 2021 - 02:33 PM

I still think we'll hold out until Falcon is all out, get Disney for a month and binge both then drop it again

Share this topic:

• 54 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users