Malazan Empire: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Malazan Empire

• 56 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread Awww yissssss!

#1081 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 July 2024 - 08:49 PM

OIC ...

https://www.news.com...892030531be0eaa

Interesting choice.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#1082 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 July 2024 - 09:09 PM

Bold

I think a wrong choice, nothing to do with Downey, he has the chops naturally. But he is Iron man, he was the face of Marvel, I don't know that I'll be able to see him in a marvel movie and not see Iron Man?

#1083 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 28 July 2024 - 11:38 PM

View PostMacros, on 28 July 2024 - 09:09 PM, said:

Bold

I think a wrong choice, nothing to do with Downey, he has the chops naturally. But he is Iron man, he was the face of Marvel, I don't know that I'll be able to see him in a marvel movie and not see Iron Man?

He'll be wearing a mask most if not all of the time... and they can always CGI his face into whatever.

And change his voice as well... AI's gotten great at that.

#1084 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 29 July 2024 - 12:58 AM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 28 July 2024 - 11:38 PM, said:

Bold

He'll be wearing a mask most if not all of the time... and they can always CGI his face into whatever.

But if you're going to have an actor always have their face covered by a mask, and you're going to have their voice perpetually altered... why would you hire an expensive A-list celebrity in the first place?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1085 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 29 July 2024 - 01:22 AM

View PostD, on 29 July 2024 - 12:58 AM, said:

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 28 July 2024 - 11:38 PM, said:

Bold

But if you're going to have an actor always have their face covered by a mask, and you're going to have their voice perpetually altered... why would you hire an expensive A-list celebrity in the first place?

Well, maybe because they can actually... act? With charisma lots of people like, that's really worth the millions that they're paid?

Or perhaps more realistically: because zillions of people will pay for the name (of the actor... more rarely the director (much less the writers!)---rarely, but not quite never...).

[Edit: to be clear---voice changers can still preserve a lot of the actor's expressiveness. Even AI voice changers. But he'll probably primarily change his voice just by acting. While wearing a mask there's also body language (beyond the voice) of course.... And of course like Serkin's Gollum or Caesar the chimp, CGI face replacements can also now capture most of the nuances of the actor's facial expressions.]

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 29 July 2024 - 01:27 AM

#1086 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 29 July 2024 - 02:01 PM

Bold

Bold on a few fronts... RRJ as Doom would be brilliant without the IM back history. With it... could go either way but it amps up a curiosity factor another actor wouldn't bring.

Also, making Doom a Avengers character. Now i am aware that an FF movie will land first, but the link being made here is fairly major and a shift away from that. Recent comics have thrown Doom wider than just FF, he shows up frequently in Iron Ma, Avengers, and the even xbooks - AS DOOM SHOULD - but for the usual dumbing down for the general public it's a striking move.

And wow have they just utterly shoved the Kang thing to the limbopile.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#1087 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 July 2024 - 06:08 PM

With constant powerscaling and all the multiverse nonsense they nearly need to do a reset and get back to smaller fun

#1088 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 31 July 2024 - 04:00 AM

I am dead.
I am dead because Wolverine and Deadpool have thoroughly killed me with laughter and fanboyisms and i have never died so happy as this.

#1089 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 04 August 2024 - 04:59 AM

View PostAbyss, on 31 July 2024 - 04:00 AM, said:

I am dead.
I am dead because Wolverine and Deadpool have thoroughly killed me with laughter and fanboyisms and i have never died so happy as this.

Was excellent. Good fanservice movie with lots of small jokes but critically didn’t become a parody of itself. Best marvel movie in a long while. Which it jokingly made fun of.

#1090 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 05 August 2024 - 03:08 AM

View PostCause, on 04 August 2024 - 04:59 AM, said:

...didn't become a parody of itself. Best marvel movie in a long while. Which it jokingly made fun of.

Especially this. The way they kept the perfectly semi-serious comic story going while continuously breaking the 4th wall... brilliant. The audience is in on the joke, but never has a chance to get bored of it.

#1091 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 05 August 2024 - 11:29 PM

View PostAbyss, on 05 August 2024 - 03:08 AM, said:

View PostCause, on 04 August 2024 - 04:59 AM, said:

...didn't become a parody of itself. Best marvel movie in a long while. Which it jokingly made fun of.

Especially this. The way they kept the perfectly semi-serious comic story going while continuously breaking the 4th wall... brilliant. The audience is in on the joke, but never has a chance to get bored of it.

It was truly a joy to watch. I was guffawing in the theater and that annoys me so I felt bad but couldn't help it.

It was worth the wait. I'm glad they were able to do it together.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#1092 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 20 August 2024 - 09:59 AM

Hmmmmm ...

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#1093 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 20 August 2024 - 02:54 PM

They have to stop with the b-grade level movies of Marvel characters divorced from the rest of the setting.

Kraven the Hunter and Rhino without spiderman?

Also thats zeus. If only I could forget that.

#1094 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 20 August 2024 - 03:56 PM

View PostCause, on 20 August 2024 - 02:54 PM, said:

They have to stop with the b-grade level movies of Marvel characters divorced from the rest of the setting.

But Sony only has access to Spiderman characters. And they're legally obligated to keep churning out Spiderman IP movies or lose the rights:

Sony's deal requires the studio to commence production on a new Spider-Man project within three years and nine months of the preceding movie's release. Basically, if Sony wants to hold on to arguably its most valuable piece of IP, it must continue green-lighting Spider-Man (or Spidey-adjacent) films in perpetuity. And since there are only so many ways to tell a story about a teenager getting bitten by a radioactive spider before learning that great power comes with great responsibility, the studio is scraping the bottom of the barrel. Former Sony Pictures head Amy Pascal lamented this strange state of affairs in the company's infamous WikiLeaks email hack, writing, "I only have the spidey universe not the marvel universe. … And in it are only his villains and relatives and girlfriend."

We are now firmly in the "villains and relatives" stage of Sony's Spidey universe

There's a Reason Sony's Spider-Man Universe Is, Frankly, Bizarre - The Ringer

lol

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 20 August 2024 - 03:57 PM

#1095 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 20 August 2024 - 06:58 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 20 August 2024 - 03:56 PM, said:

View PostCause, on 20 August 2024 - 02:54 PM, said:

But Sony only has access to Spiderman characters. And they're legally obligated to keep churning out Spiderman IP movies or lose the rights:

Sony's deal requires the studio to commence production on a new Spider-Man project within three years and nine months of the preceding movie's release. Basically, if Sony wants to hold on to arguably its most valuable piece of IP, it must continue green-lighting Spider-Man (or Spidey-adjacent) films in perpetuity. And since there are only so many ways to tell a story about a teenager getting bitten by a radioactive spider before learning that great power comes with great responsibility, the studio is scraping the bottom of the barrel. Former Sony Pictures head Amy Pascal lamented this strange state of affairs in the company's infamous WikiLeaks email hack, writing, "I only have the spidey universe not the marvel universe. … And in it are only his villains and relatives and girlfriend."

We are now firmly in the "villains and relatives" stage of Sony's Spidey universe

There's a Reason Sony's Spider-Man Universe Is, Frankly, Bizarre - The Ringer

lol

Sony should either surrender the rights than make another madame web movie or they should negotiate with marvel to do joint venture films like the extremely popular/good/successful Tom Holland Spiderman films. I suppose they have done the calculus and determined what generates the most profit for them but we suffer as a result.

Sony is being outshine by animated films!

If they are turning out dreck just to keep their IP they cant be suprised we turn up our noses at it.

Then again the dreck WoT pilot that we all laughed at prevented the wheel of time series being made but then they made it and.....

#1096 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 August 2024 - 08:04 PM

The Spider-verse movies are also Sony, so that might be one of the reasons they're holding on. And looking into it, they are apparently considered part of this whole "Spider-man Shared Universe" with the live action movies, but don't ask me how.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#1097 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 20 August 2024 - 08:54 PM

View Postworry, on 20 August 2024 - 08:04 PM, said:

The Spider-verse movies are also Sony, so that might be one of the reasons they're holding on. And looking into it, they are apparently considered part of this whole "Spider-man Shared Universe" with the live action movies, but don't ask me how.

How?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1098 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 August 2024 - 12:35 AM

Wth, that's the one thing nobody should ask me!
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#1099 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 21 August 2024 - 07:11 AM

View Postworry, on 21 August 2024 - 12:35 AM, said:

Wth, that's the one thing nobody should ask me!

Why?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1100 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 22 August 2024 - 09:12 PM

worry, on 20 August 2024 - 08:04 PM, said:

How?

Share this topic:

• 56 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users