• You cannot reply to this topic

THE EXPANSE TV series Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck's books hit the small screen

#281 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 05 February 2021 - 06:43 PM

View PostCause, on 05 February 2021 - 05:02 PM, said:

I know their are reports of sexual abuse against cas a car but haven’t followed it closely. Anyone care to share a summary. How bad is it?

Hard to dig up, but from i gathered its a lot of him hitting on and trying to sleep with underaged fans.

#282 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 07 February 2021 - 02:24 AM

Season 5 was really, really good.

I’m gonna have to squeeze in a rewatch sometime, I remember very little of the first few seasons.

But seriously, a gorram year till season 6?!?!
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#283 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 09 February 2021 - 04:13 AM

View PostLinearPhilosopher, on 05 February 2021 - 06:43 PM, said:

View PostCause, on 05 February 2021 - 05:02 PM, said:

I know their are reports of sexual abuse against cas a car but haven’t followed it closely. Anyone care to share a summary. How bad is it?

Hard to dig up, but from i gathered its a lot of him hitting on and trying to sleep with underaged fans.

I followed it in real time. It's not good. Depending on what you believe, it may involve hitting on fans including underage fans, aggressive messages and conduct, social media bullying, directing followers in social media bullying, unwanted contact, stalking. Afaik no full blown sexual assault/rape allegations.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#284 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 December 2021 - 12:47 AM

The Expanse is getting the TellTale Games treatment. Could be interesting.

#285 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 16 December 2021 - 05:57 PM

I really love this series. Glad it’s back on tv

#286 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 16 December 2021 - 06:56 PM

Holy geez, there’s a new season out already?

I enjoyed season 5 less than the previous, but I’m sure as heck still gonna watch it.

It really just might be that Marco annoys the shot out of me.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#287 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 17 December 2021 - 10:27 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 16 December 2021 - 06:56 PM, said:

Holy geez, there’s a new season out already?

I enjoyed season 5 less than the previous, but I’m sure as heck still gonna watch it.

It really just might be that Marco annoys the shot out of me.

Sounds like the actors doing a great job then

#288 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 21 December 2021 - 10:13 PM

Season 6 is awesome so far! It saddens me that this is the final season and only 6 episodes.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#289 User is offline   flea 

• High Fist

Posted 22 December 2021 - 03:26 AM

View PostVengeance, on 21 December 2021 - 10:13 PM, said:

Season 6 is awesome so far! It saddens me that this is the final season and only 6 episodes.

I believe there is a chance the final three books will be shot: https://www.polygon....-7-beyond-plans

#290 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 14 January 2022 - 10:26 PM

Very rushed ending for season 6. Really dissapointed it’s over

#291 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 15 January 2022 - 02:15 AM

View PostCause, on 14 January 2022 - 10:26 PM, said:

Very rushed ending for season 6. Really dissapointed it's over

IDK if you noticed this:

'PSA: You'll miss 25 minutes of The Expanse's final season if you don't pause it

[...] Amazon has buried nearly one-tenth of the show's final season in a place you might not think to look[...]

[...] "Whenever you play an episode of #TheExpanse on your phone, tablet, or laptop, click 'X-ray' then 'View All' to find it." [...]

"They're small little character moments that create an extra scene with some depth to flesh out the mainline story. It's very much like the novels where we had the little novellas on the side where we could give you things that weren't critical to the main line, but could make the story a little richer and deeper."

"They have little touchstones to the main line, and little touchstones to each other, just to spend that extra moment."'

https://www.theverge...al-amazon-x-ray

But still too rushed....

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 15 January 2022 - 02:15 AM

#292 User is offline   Tavvar 

• Sergeant

Posted 20 January 2022 - 06:39 PM

Whoever at Amazon decided they could only find enough money *at Amazon* for 6 episodes is moron. I think the writers did a very good job given that they only had 6 episodes. And I am very glad the books exist to fill in the gaps!

#293 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 01 February 2022 - 01:24 PM

Avoiding most of the thread as I'm only on S2 (I'm watching S2 and 3 before finishing Book 4 and then I think I'll read to the end of the series before doing S4-6), but yeah this show is possibly the BEST sci-fi show ever made? Like this is better than anything I liked before this in this vein...

Amos and Miller are my fave characters, and Thomas Jane's Miller (which is even better than book Miller just by dint of Thomas Jane being such a phenomenal actor) is just so watchable....also I kind of want his Belter hairdo...

And the one thing about the first 3 books that I could not really get used to in writing - Belter patois - is translated onto the screen so that now I have no issues with it and I feel like that will help my enjoyment of it in the books.

Anyways, this show is fucking great. Just watched the ep that ended with the Nauvoo missing Eros as Eros "moved"....loved it. Also, I can't believe I didn't notice before how the Nauvoo is essentially a splattering of Solarpunk in the middle of a hard SF show/story. Appreciate that.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#294 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 01 February 2022 - 02:53 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 01 February 2022 - 01:24 PM, said:

Avoiding most of the thread as I'm only on S2 (I'm watching S2 and 3 before finishing Book 4 and then I think I'll read to the end of the series before doing S4-6), but yeah this show is possibly the BEST sci-fi show ever made? Like this is better than anything I liked before this in this vein...

Amos and Miller are my fave characters, and Thomas Jane's Miller (which is even better than book Miller just by dint of Thomas Jane being such a phenomenal actor) is just so watchable....also I kind of want his Belter hairdo...

And the one thing about the first 3 books that I could not really get used to in writing - Belter patois - is translated onto the screen so that now I have no issues with it and I feel like that will help my enjoyment of it in the books.

Anyways, this show is fucking great. Just watched the ep that ended with the Nauvoo missing Eros as Eros "moved"....loved it. Also, I can't believe I didn't notice before how the Nauvoo is essentially a splattering of Solarpunk in the middle of a hard SF show/story. Appreciate that.

Belter Creole in the show is different from what's in the books---for the show they hired a linguist to construct a language. In the book it's just a haphazard mishmash that iirc they didn't put much thought into. Wish they'd redo the books with the language from the show. (And get a better audiobook performer (or set of performers) while they're at it....) But oh no, can't edit the words of a book significantly after it's been published, that would be sacrilege! Remember the horrors inflicted upon the corpus of Shakespeare &co.! Obviously only movies and tv shows (and sometimes children's books) are lowly (or profitable) enough to be recut....

#295 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 February 2022 - 03:16 PM

This. Show. Is. Fucking. Spectacular.

Like honestly, I almost missed my bus stop watching it...

Also, I MAY have a crush on Drummer. Apparently I have thing for Belters.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#296 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 03 February 2022 - 03:48 PM

This reminds me, I've still got season 5 to binge through. Hopefully this weekend!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#297 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 February 2022 - 02:15 PM

3 eps into S3 now, and it's all really clicking. I know I had some issues with some casting and some of the behaviour of the crew way back when I watched S1....but it all works by about midway S2 for me. I have no trouble slotting all the actors into the books. Even Coleman's Fred I've now fully accepted.

Also as a book reader I'm waiting for

Spoiler
to show up and I can't recall where it happened in the books, nor where the show will slot it. I assume it will be done for shock factor somewhere unexpected.

I'm going to finish S3 and then I'll be reading CIBOLA BURN (I only ever made it to the end of Book 3 before deciding to wait till it was finished as a series to come back to it) and then watching S4, and beyond that I'm going to not watch S5 & 6 till I finish from NEMESIS GAMES all the way to LEVIATHAN FALLS.

Sidenote: the Bobbie casting is SOOOOOO good. Frankie Adams fits exactly how Bobbie was in my head from the books.

Prax is also really well cast. Terry Chen is the perfect combo of humble and driven.

Oh, and why does Elizabeth Mitchell always show up on shows when I'm not expecting her? She's always great, but I wonder if she lives permanently in Toronto since she keeps showing up on shows that shoot here.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 04 February 2022 - 02:17 PM

#298 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 04 February 2022 - 06:19 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 03 February 2022 - 03:16 PM, said:

This. Show. Is. Fucking. Spectacular.

Like honestly, I almost missed my bus stop watching it...

Also, I MAY have a crush on Drummer. Apparently I have thing for Belters.

I love this show, its fantastic!

It amazes me but not one person I have recommended it to has liked it.

#299 User is offline   Tavvar 

• Sergeant

Posted 17 February 2022 - 04:40 PM

I'm almost done with Book 8. I watched the series, then read the corresponding book, now working on finishing. Definitely my favorite Sci-fi of all time.

The only person I've recommended it to who has liked is my GF. Showed her the Pilot on our 3rd date (4.5 years ago), so that worked well :p

#300 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 06 June 2022 - 09:57 PM

Started watching this today as I've been listening to the audiobook. Aside from some sightly baffling changes its pretty good!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users