• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Russia Politics and War in Ukraine Thread

#821 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 March 2022 - 07:50 PM

'We Are Falling Into Putin's Evil Little Trap Again

The new promise of Russian de-escalation is nothing but a theatrical performance.

[...] The Russian delegation is under orders to lie through their teeth. The Ukrainian negotiators have been advised to not eat the food.

[...]

"These signals do not silence the explosion of Russian shells," Zelensky said of the performance.

[...]

Putin wants to refill the bomb craters with refineries, storage tanks and drilling vessels to tap Ukraine's gigantic offshore oil and gas fields. That issue is not on the table in Istanbul.

[...]

What the West is asking Russia for is a series of enforceable "guarantees" that will de-escalate the military conflict, but Zelensky pretty much stands alone in knowing that Putin's goal is to crush Ukraine and that every promise to end the war is the starting point for another war.

Zelensky's response: "We will not decrease our defense efforts."

Putin does not want to de-escalate, regardless of whether he ultimately makes a deal that splits Ukraine down the middle. Putin wants it all, and he has all the time to take it all. Zelensky and the Ukrainian people know that. Yet the democratic world continues to misguidedly calculate Putin's trajectory through a Western prism. Realizing the enormity of that blunder is not something the foreign policy establishment and their think tanks are equipped to handle.'

We Are Falling Into Vladimir Putin's Evil Little Trap Again (thedailybeast.com)

'Russian Forces Are Now Hitting Our "Pullback" City Even Harder, Chernihiv Mayor Says

Just hours after Russian defense officials touted a supposed pullback of troops in areas around Ukraine's capital, [...] Putin's troops lobbed mortar shells at residential areas in the east of the country where civilians were sound asleep.

A kindergarten [...] was among the buildings struck [...] "People who were still sleeping [at the time of the attacks] have wound up beneath the ruins."'

[...] Russian troops using white phosphorus munitions[...] known for the severity of burns it leaves on human flesh.

[...] several Russian rockets were shot down outside Kyiv'

Russian Forces Are Hitting Our 'Pullback' City Even Harder, Chernihiv Mayor Says (thedailybeast.com)

'Biden Wants to Waste a Crazy Amount of Money on New Nuclear Weapons

[...]

The White House's new defense budget lavishes money on America's nuclear weapons program in the name of competing with China and Russia. It's totally unnecessary.

[...] And yet congressional Republicans say that, given Russia's invasion of Ukraine and its threats to expand further, Biden's new budget is much too small, and they're set to throw in tens of billions of dollars more.

[...] the most visible, and surprising, share of Biden's defense budget is the enormous sum for nuclear weapons—$50.9 billion, a 17 percent increase over this year's (already considerable) $43.2 billion.

[...] All of these new [nuclear] missiles, bombers, and submarines are in the research-and-development phase, meaning that, as they move into production, their costs will grow. In other words, starting in a few years, the budget for nuclear weapons will skyrocket.

This decision is surprising because, in his years as senator and vice president, Biden was never enamored of the "nuclear priesthood." [...]

[...] as long as we can deter Russia and China from attacking us and, to some extent, limit damage if nuclear war breaks out anyway—no need for us to follow Russia's or China's wasteful practices. But politically, this is a hard argument to make, especially given the influence of a bipartisan group of legislators whose home districts manufacture missiles, bombers, or submarines.

Last year, Biden raised defense spending and retained the plan to build new nukes, in part because he needed a few moderates to support his extravagant domestic spending plan—and he wouldn't get them unless he supported extravagant Pentagon spending. Now this year, as the political mood has shifted and as midterms loom ahead, Biden has scaled back his domestic ambitions even while pushing the defense budget upward and onward.

[...] Nobody has come up with a persuasive scenario in which the U.S., armed with its current nuclear arsenal, is unable to deter Russia or China (or North Korea or some other foe) from aggression, but would be able to deter them, if we only had all these new missiles, bombers, and submarines now.'

Biden's new defense budget wastes a crazy amount of money on new nuclear weapons. (slate.com)

How about diverting those funds to defense against nuclear missiles instead? It may be time for Star Wars (soon...). And new laser, sensor, and predictive technologies may come out of it too. As it is, our missile defenses wouldn't even hold up against a nuclear assault by North Korea:

Physicists Argue US ICBM Defenses are Unreliable | American Institute of Physics (aip.org)

#822 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 01 April 2022 - 02:02 PM

So the Russians apparently dug trenches in the irradiated soil around Chernobyl! The stupidity! Not to mention just the lack of care for their own soldiers.

#823 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 01 April 2022 - 03:46 PM

The front NW of Kyiv is done. They evacuated a lot of armor yest, and today Ukrainians took back Ivankiv, the town that's sitting on the crossing of the highway to Belarus and the one leading to the Exclusion Zone. Everything south of Ivankiv is now essentially cut off, since it's the main crossing over over Teteriv River

Now the fight's totally shifting East. Russia lost an oil depot in Belgorod earlier this morning- allegedly, due to helicopter attack. Ukrainian MoD would not confirm nor deny their involvement.

This should delay the forces evacuating from the N to being reshuffled to the E at keast somewhat. Give UA more time to bring in forces to respond.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 01 April 2022 - 04:05 PM

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#824 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 01 April 2022 - 11:37 PM

Back to the "good old days" in Russia:

https://www.news.com...07a0406eede5a53

School students turn teacher in to police for alleged anti-Russia comments
A Russian teacher could be facing 15 years in jail after her students secretly recorded her and then turned her in to the authorities.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#825 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 02 April 2022 - 05:09 AM

This is quite interesting..

https://the-blindspo...r-wheat-to-eat/

The cost of things are really priced in btus

Also Germany is considering nationalizing Russian oil assets..as a note they straight bulldozed their carbon plants in recent years and nuke energy.

US has just started following this path. Neither has been equally replacing energy lost in the slightest.

The rough timeline of replacing is like a decade too.Worry about that tomorrow I guess.

Imagine getting to a point of destroying current energy production without being able to build enough for current sustainment.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#826 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 02 April 2022 - 05:22 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 02 April 2022 - 05:09 AM, said:

This is quite interesting..

https://the-blindspo...r-wheat-to-eat/

The cost of things are really priced in btus

Also Germany is considering nationalizing Russian oil assets..as a note they straight bulldozed their carbon plants in recent years and nuke energy.

US has just started following this path. Neither has been equally replacing energy lost in the slightest.

The rough timeline of replacing is like a decade too.Worry about that tomorrow I guess.

Imagine getting to a point of destroying current energy production without being able to build enough for current sustainment.

Let them eat not-wheat. Other foods are more nutritious and efficient. Culture is very capable of adapting to new situations---those that don't die out, or get relegated to the rich or to simulations.

Drastically tax heating and cooling residences except:
- for people at significant medical risk (elderly, etc.) relative to current temperature;
- for maintaining minimum temperature of 55 to 60 degrees in the winter to prevent pipes from freezing or loss of productivity from cold fingers (gloves can help without being too bulky to type with).

Provide better distribution of free winter coats, computer gloves etc. for people to wear indoors in the winter, as well as thermal drapes, door/window crack foam and frost tape, insulation, etc.

In the summer, people should wear minimal clothing indoors, especially when in their own residences. If they're concerned about back sweat infecting guests, they can use disinfectant sprays before guests arrive, or place absorbant sheets over the areas which can then be replaced when guests arrive. (Even better, stick to VR, unless you're there to have sex. Or cuddle skin to skin etc.)

This is what I've been doing for years. (March, April, December and November in the graph below are anomalies---because I tried keeping the heat much higher---I turned it up to the 70's last February because my cat was ill for several weeks before she died, then left it there for the first time in years; and in November and December I tried having it at 68 degrees. Notice the difference. Also installed thermal drapes and some thermal foam and tape around the door frames in February.)

Posted Image

Drastically tax car use of fossil fuels for people who don't need cars for medical purposes or who don't live in areas without adequate public transport---in those areas introduce the tax incrementally so it can be used to pay for more efficient public transport, relocation, and/or better and more comprehensive remote services.

Drastically tax most forms of meat, with the exception of low-energy intensive varieties like oysters, and possibly also health-promoting meats like wild salmon.

Extremely unlikely to pass in a dumbocrazy? Unfortunately yes (depending on culture, and the rate of possible cultural change---some studies suggest VR may be good for indoctrinating children; that's not necessarily a bad thing if the doctrine coincides with rationality, and helps them break away from indoctrination by the harmful aspects of their culture).

But if the far right (with or without Trump) effectively ends democracy, and their incompetent regime collapses before too long to be replaced by something more rational than democracy, it could be a good thing---democracy is unlikely to succeed in adapting to climate change (or future pandemics) fast enough.

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 02 April 2022 - 06:22 PM

#827 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 02 April 2022 - 10:14 PM

I'd take about a quarter of that as useful, the biggest one would be public and shared transport, cut down those stupid journeys, there is no need for a "school run" bus them

#828 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 02 April 2022 - 10:25 PM

'[...] Russian soldiers placing children on tanks to protect their vehicles when moving

[...]

Coaches of children [...] placed in front of tanks[...]

[...] children [...] taken as hostages [...] to ensure locals would not give the coordinates of the enemy's movements to the Ukrainian forces.'

Ukrainian children used as 'human shields' near Kyiv, say witness reports | Ukraine | The Guardian

'In Bucha, one of the towns near Kyiv that Russia recently withdrew from, [...] a mass grave with nearly 300 people in it and dozens of civilians lying dead in the streets.

[...]

"*Local civillians were being executed arbitrarily*, some with hands tied behind their backs, their bodies scattered in the streets of the city."''

With photos and video:

(14) max seddon on Twitter: "Good lord. In Bucha, one of the towns near Kyiv that Russia recently withdrew from, Ukrainian forces found a mass grave with nearly 300 people in it and dozens of civilians lying dead in the streets. Pure horror." / Twitter

'Russian troops are planting mines on the dead as army retreats'

[...] "They are mining all this territory. Houses are mined, equipment is mined, even the bodies of dead people."'

[...] "(the villages) are strewn with them,"'

Ukraine war: Russian troops are planting mines on the dead as army retreats, Zelensky says | South China Morning Post (scmp.com)

#829 User is offline   Gwynn ap Nudd 

• High Fist

Posted 02 April 2022 - 11:08 PM

View PostMacros, on 02 April 2022 - 10:14 PM, said:

I'd take about a quarter of that as useful, the biggest one would be public and shared transport, cut down those stupid journeys, there is no need for a "school run" bus them

One of my most common thoughts during the morning commute is "you know, your kids can walk to school in the rain, they won't melt."

I struggle to understand how much some people drive. I know a few people who are in the 30-40,000km/year range and it blows me away that they spend that much time driving.

I get some of it is driven by this North American need to have a stand alone house, which due to housing prices is only affordable in the outer suburbs for many people. Which, of course, are areas where public transit is inefficient and a huge money loser as any routes pass through areas with population densities that are too low. You could raise property taxes in those areas to offset the money lost by operating frequent transit, but people will cry bloody murder if you do. And then that party would be voted out and the tax raises undone by the next.

Businesses are partly to blame for the commuting problem too. Many businesses here opt for office space in industrial parks, which are out of the way and not served by transit, due to the lower rents/purchase prices and ample parking. But, having a transit accessible office here could save employees $4-6000 per year in after tax income. Many potential employees now take that into account in their wage expectations, offsetting rental differences.

The stand alone house desire seems insane to me too. I can make exceptions to that for someone raising a family, but if you live alone and don't entertain at home, what is the point of a 2000 square foot house on a half acre lot? Aside from causing sprawl and wasting energy on heating and cooling.

#830 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 04 April 2022 - 08:40 AM

Oleksii Novikov won Europe's Strongest Man 2022 this Saturday.

The crazy part is that he's barely had time to train the past months because he's been involved in the war effort. Nearly won the Arnold Classic a month ago too.

#831 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 04 April 2022 - 12:09 PM

RIA Novosti, Russia's propaganda news mouthpiece, is now openly calling for the genocide of (basically all) Ukrainians: https://twitter.com/...910740261134338

That's just the gist of it, but I've read the article in Russian and it's as bad as it sounds. If, until now, you could argue that the war is just skirting the concept of genocide, it is now clear what the goal was all along. I say that now and I've been saying it since Feb 24th: the goal has always been genocide.

Edit: Speaking of genocide, Russia brought along 45000 body bags and mobile crematoriums when they entered Ukraine, as well as new state regulations for mass graves: https://nitter.net/s...8073831165956#m

This post has been edited by Puck: 04 April 2022 - 12:27 PM

Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#832 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 04 April 2022 - 01:01 PM

seriously

Fuck Putin ad his cronies, and anyone who buys their bullshit

#833 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 04 April 2022 - 07:30 PM

View PostPuck, on 04 April 2022 - 12:09 PM, said:

RIA Novosti, Russia's propaganda news mouthpiece, is now openly calling for the genocide of (basically all) Ukrainians: https://twitter.com/...910740261134338

That's just the gist of it, but I've read the article in Russian and it's as bad as it sounds. If, until now, you could argue that the war is just skirting the concept of genocide, it is now clear what the goal was all along. I say that now and I've been saying it since Feb 24th: the goal has always been genocide.

Edit: Speaking of genocide, Russia brought along 45000 body bags and mobile crematoriums when they entered Ukraine, as well as new state regulations for mass graves: https://nitter.net/s...8073831165956#m

English translation:

What should Russia do with Ukraine? [Translation of a propaganda article by a Russian publication] | by Mariia Kravchenko | Apr, 2022 | Medium

Some excerpts:

'[...] The nazification of Ukraine has been going on for more than 30 years — starting from [...] when Ukrainian nationalism was given legal and legitimate forms of political self-expression and led the movement for "independence", setting a course for Nazism.

The current nazified Ukraine is characterized by its formlessness and ambivalence, which allow it to disguise Nazism as the aspiration to "independence" and the "European" (Western, pro-American) path of "development" (in reality, to degradation) [...] there isn't a main Nazi party, no Führer, no full-fledged racial laws (only a cutdown version in the form of repressions against the Russian language). As a result — no opposition or resistance against the regime.

However, all listed above doesn't make Ukrainian Nazism a "light version" of the German Nazism of the first half of the 20th century. Quite the opposite: since Ukrainian Nazism is free from such "genre" norms and limitations [...] it can spread freely just like a basis for any Nazism — both European and, in its most developed form, the American racism. That's why there can be no compromise during denazification, as in the case of the "no to NATO, yes to EU" formula. The collective West is in itself the architect, source, and sponsor of Ukrainian Nazism, while the Banderite supporters from Western Ukraine and their "historical memory" is just one of the tools of the nazification of Ukraine. Ukronazism poses a much bigger threat to the world and Russia than the Hitler version of German Nazism.

[...] the name "Ukraine" cannot be kept as a title of any fully denazified state entity on the territory liberated from the Nazi regime.

[...] No "Marshall Plans" can be allowed to happen on these territories. No "neutrality" in the ideological and practical sense that is compatible with denazification can be possible. Individuals and organizations who are to become tools of denazification in the new denazified republics cannot but rely on the direct organizational and force support from Russia.

Denazification will inevitably include de-ukrainization — the rejection of the large-scale artificial inflation of the ethnic component in the self-identification of the population[...]

[...] history has proved it impossible for Ukraine to exist as a nation-state, and any attempts to "build" such a nation-state naturally lead to Nazism. Ukrainism is an artificial anti-Russian construct that has no civilizational substance of its own, a subordinate element of an extraneous and alien civilization. Debanderization alone will not be enough for denazification: the Banderite element is only a hand and a screen, a disguise for the European project of the Nazi Ukraine, which is why the denazification of Ukraine means its inevitable de-europeanization.

The Banderite elites must be eliminated; their re-education is impossible. The social "bog," which has actively and passively supported them through action and inaction, must go through the hardships of war and internalize the lived experience as a historical lesson and the redemption of its guilt. [...]

Denazification as a goal of the special military operation within the limits of the operation itself means a military victory over the Kyiv regime, the liberation of the territories from the armed supporters of nazification, the elimination of hard-line Nazis, the imprisonment of war criminals, and the creating of systemic conditions for further denazification in peacetime.

[...] the establishment of a tribunal for crimes against humanity in the former Ukraine. In this regard, Russia should act as the guardian of the Nuremberg Trials.

[...] The elimination of armed Nazi formations (which means any armed formations of Ukraine, including the Armed Forces of Ukraine), as well as the military, informational, and educational infrastructure that ensures their activity;

[...] Mass investigations aimed to establish personal responsibility for war crimes, crimes against humanity, the spread of Nazi ideology, and support for the Nazi regime;

[...] making the names of accomplices of the Nazi regime public, involving them in forced labor to restore the destroyed infrastructure as punishment for Nazi activities (from among those who have not become subject to the death penalty or imprisonment);'

What should Russia do with Ukraine? [Translation of a propaganda article by a Russian publication] | by Mariia Kravchenko | Apr, 2022 | Medium

#834 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 05 April 2022 - 02:15 AM

Technically, it's an ethnocide. They need the population to fix their demographic problems.

They just want them devoid of any identity to be a pliable mass to be assimilated into the Russian ethos.

It was pretty obvious this is where they were heading as soon as they mentioned "denazification"
For Russian imperialists, anyone that disagrees with their imperial project is a "fascist". Or a "Nazi"

And imperialism is something they are all brought up with. It's casual, and never really talked about.

As I wrote on FB today, encouraging everyone to spread this message to all elected officials urging more weapons for Ukraine, this kind of rhetoric is why Ukraine absolutely cannot back down, or yield any of its territory. Because any place left to the Russians will be "cleansed" of Ukrainian identity. And that is why Ukraine needs offensive weapons, to keep the aggressor off-balance and prevent them from having the opportunity to engage in atrocities.

Majority of those who were arrested and executed were priests, teachers, elected official, kindergarten instructors --the very people responsible for promoting and preserving Ukrainian identity. These were the ones tied up and shot in the back of the head - as opposed to those simply massacred on the streets, in apartments, basemements, roads, etc.

We are facing a horde. There is nowhere to run, so we need to win. It's in everyone's interest that we win, because they will not stop; as such, Ukraine needs to be armed with everything short of WMDs. It's very simple.

#835 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 07 April 2022 - 08:59 PM

I hope this works... Here's Pink Floyd feat. Andriy Khlyvnyuk of Boombox for your listening pleasure, for a change from all the other stuff going on. Iirc, Ment likes Boombox? Khlyvnyuk's video from Kyiv went viral at the start of the war.

This post has been edited by Puck: 07 April 2022 - 09:01 PM

Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#836 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 07 April 2022 - 10:57 PM

Boombox is, indeed, awesome. Can't wait for their next concert.

Khlyvnyiuk was apparently hit with a mortar shell a few weeks ago, gonna be left with a scar.

Putler's press-secretary admits that they've suffered "significant losses... it's a tragedy". Ruscist "patriots" are out on telegram calling for "traitor Peskov to be shot". What a nice bunch of "anti-fascists".

Multiple, VERY conflicting reports coming from the S. Only thing I could confirm was from a news report from channel 1+1 airing from village of Novoselivka, SE of Hulyaipole. There were no explosions, so presumably the frontlines' been pushed further south- towards the general direction of Mariupol, Berdyansk and the Azov Sea. The HQ's being very tight-lipped, only saying we're advancing southwards on both banks of Dnipro and freeing settlements, but no details. Every news anchor is asking about Kherson, but everyone official is emphasizing that the fighting's really heavy, and liberating the city is NOT a question of a mere few days. Overall, government is keeping expectations very tempered- and obviously they don't want to sound liek they're winning too much, b/c they want to press the West to commit to give as much hardware as possible.

US is resurrecting Lend Lease. Starting to receive heavy armor. Russia's been suspended from UN Human Rights Council, so they quit. Beforehand, Ruscists threatened that anyone who so much as abstains will be considered "an unfriendly nation"

So China voted "against", India, Mexico, Brazil abstained. Feels stupid of China to double down, but I guess they don't want the precedent.

Some minor counters in Donbas, as UAF pushed the enemy 6-10 KM away from Kreminna in Luhans'k Oblast. But everyone is talking about Putler gathering all of his forces to hit Donbas from 3 directions to surround the JFO troops around the Contact Line and at least reclaim all of Donets'k and Luhans'k Oblasts- to sell that as a "victory". Journalist Yuri Butusov visited the frontline and confirms that the defensive perimeter both along the Contact Line and NW in Izyum-Barvinkove received reinforcements and new equipment. So while Russia is trying to order its northern mob of looters and rapists to shift them to Izyum to push the advance, UAF is applying some pressure in the South. Unclear what's going on in the NE of Kharkiv Oblast- the supply line from the border to Izyum is almost 130 km, so I'd expect the UAF to try to cut in somewhere. We're not really hearing anything about counters in that direction, though--and it's hard to advance towards the Russian border where the enemy would have air superiority.

Everything is still in flux. Kinda looking up, but way too early to be making any definite conclusions.

#837 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 April 2022 - 11:42 PM

The Austrian leader is going to meet with Putin in Moscow on Monday. If only he had an advanced assassin skillset that includes taking out a target with a ordinary ballpoint pen.

#838 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 11 April 2022 - 05:45 PM

'The very simple reason why Donald Trump chose Mehmet Oz in Pennsylvania

[...] At a rally in North Carolina where, oddly, Trump talked about his endorsement of Oz, [Trump] was even more blunt about the reasoning behind his pick.

"When you're in television for 18 years, that's like a poll," [...] "That means people like you."

Consider what all Trump is saying there.

1. Oz was on TV regularly for more than a decade.

2. That makes him famous

3. It also makes him popular

4. Trump likes famous, popular people who were on TV

That's basically it. Trump isn't endorsing Oz for any reason other than Oz, like Trump, is on TV. That's good enough for Trump.

To understand that logic you have to understand how central a role television plays in the life (and political thoughts and opinions) of [...] Trump.

[...] "Who do you talk to for military advice right now?"

Trump: "Well, I watch the shows. I mean, I really see a lot of great, you know, when you watch your show and all of the other shows, and you have the generals."

[...]

During his presidency, the trend continued. [...] He had a TV installed in a private White House dining room. [...] He often described members of his Cabinet and inner circle as out of "central casting."

[...] the fundamental calculation isn't good or bad in any moral sense. There's no part of his calculation to endorse Oz that dealt with whether the TV doctor would actually make a good senator.

No, for Trump the world is split between those who can do things for him and those who can't. Oz, because he was on TV, can win -- and by winning that makes [...] Trump look good.'

The very simple reason why Donald Trump chose Mehmet Oz in Pennsylvania - CNNPolitics

... but there's more to Trump's brain than TV. In the longer term I doubt he'll really ditch Putin for Zelensky, though he may continue making a show of it for the public for a while.

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 11 April 2022 - 05:46 PM

#839 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 11 April 2022 - 09:28 PM

'GOP Senate Candidate Compares Zelensky to Osama bin Laden

A candidate running for one of New Hampshire's Senate seats isn't nearly as sure about [...] Zelensky as he is about cryptocurrency.

[...] bitcoin millionaire Bruce Fenton [...]

[...] "there's so many parallels right now between Ukraine and the Taliban."

"Remember, as Zelensky is a hero now, Osama bin Laden was once considered a hero," [...]

Fenton, who [...] claims to have completed "much of" SEAL training'

Bruce Fenton, GOP Senate Candidate, Compares Volodymyr Zelensky to Osama bin Laden (thedailybeast.com)

'Russia Airs Its Ultimate "Revenge Plan" for America

[...] Putin's henchmen are plotting their master plan for revenge on live television.

[...] The time is coming "to again help our partner Trump to become president," state TV host Evgeny Popov recently declared. [...]

"We're trying to feel our way, figuring out the first steps. What can we do in 2023, 2024?," Russian "Americanist" Malek Dudakov, a political scientist specializing in the U.S., said. He suggested that Russia's interference in the upcoming elections is still in its early stages [...] "When things thaw out and the presidential race for 2024 is firmly on the agenda, there'll be moments we can use," he added. "The most banal approach I can think of is to invite Trump—before he announces he's running for President—to some future summit in liberated Mariupol."

[...] "Tulsi Gabbard would also be great. Maybe Trump will take her as his vice-president?" Gabbard has recently become a fixture of state television for her pro-Russian talking points, and has even been described as a "Russian agent" by the Kremlin's propaganda machine.

[...] the real agenda of the Kremlin's operatives was never limited to boosting any particular candidates, but rather aimed to harm America as a whole. [...] "With Europe, economic wars should take priority. With America, we should be working to amplify the divisions and—in light of our limited abilities—to deepen the polarization of American society."

"The main elections are further ahead and preparations for those are already underway."

[...] "There is a horrific polarization of society in the United States, very serious conflicts between the Democrats and Republicans that keep expanding. You've already mentioned that America is a dying empire—and most empires weren't conquered, they were destroyed from within. The same fate likely awaits America in the near decade. That's why, when all the processes are thawed, Russia might get the chance to play on that."

[...] "I would act through various diasporas. For example, I would work with the Spanish-speaking media—since America is becoming predominantly Spanish-speaking, with the colossal influence of Latin America, I would work through their press, through those narratives, moving in that direction… they aren't allowing us to work with American media directly, but we have many opportunities that we aren't using thus far."

[...] "[...] military hypersonic weapons, but we don't have informational hypersonic weapons… all of our forces need to be dedicated to that. We don't have info-weapons equal in strength to our hypersonic weapons... as opposed to what they have. You can't survive in this world without winning an info-war. That is out of the question."

"I would find it useful to break diplomatic relations with the United States. [...] that would deliver a crushing blow to Biden. There are plenty of people in the U.S. who say that he is bringing us all to the edge of nuclear war. That will be a strong signal."'

Russian State Media Airs Its Ultimate 'Revenge Plan' for 2024 U.S. Presidential Elections (thedailybeast.com)

#840 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 14 April 2022 - 03:33 AM

Ha.

HA

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAh

RUSSIAN BLACK SEA FLAGSHIP FINALLY WENT AND FUCKED ITSELF. FIFTY DAYS LATER.

Only 1 radar, so it was baited with a Bayraktar drone on the mainland, while 2 Ukrainian-made Neptun ASMs skimmed the stormy waves to explode the ammo storage and make the missile cruiser "Moskva" explode, tilt, and eventually sink.

RIA admits the fire, but obviously "it was an accident"

Russian anti-air around Kherson & the Black Sea just took a major hit.

Oh, God, I'm so happy and proud.

Share this topic:

• 113 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

45 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 45 guests, 0 anonymous users