• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 100 SPOILERS

#941 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:54 AM

Still reading through...some awesome things happened, and some bizarro decisions made too. I was guarded A LOT. Good because people must have feared my almost Spysat-like abilities. Bad because they weren't guarding Tulas :(
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#942 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:33 AM

Khellendros, on 29 April 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

Sigh, if Eldat Pressen had been around, he'd have had several nights already to attempt to kill and absorb powers :(

If only you still had your BP, damn townie off the other team attacking you.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#943 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

Ganoes Paran, on 30 April 2013 - 07:33 AM, said:

Khellendros, on 29 April 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

Sigh, if Eldat Pressen had been around, he'd have had several nights already to attempt to kill and absorb powers :(

If only you still had your BP, damn townie off the other team attacking you.

I know right! What. A. Tard. I could totally be winning the game right now, using my finding ability to combat their LPs, BPs, and NKs. Pew pew pew. Just like that.

#944 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

*scribbles notes furiously*

#945 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

That is a lynch I reckon.

#946 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

If they do not vote off Eldat then he night kills Cen Pei?

#947 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

Nimander Golit, on 30 April 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

hide behind eldat if hentos is lynched

Noted

V
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#948 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

Eldat Pressen, on 30 April 2013 - 01:28 AM, said:

If Hentos isn't lynched vig him, if he is abstain.

noted

V
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#949 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

Path-Shaper, on 30 April 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

Hentos Ilm, on 30 April 2013 - 01:37 AM, said:

Did my day kill fail? Just not sure if you've processed actions yet.

You'll have to wait for Drek.

#950 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Yay, the longest game in the history of Mafia is finally over!!!!

So... when's the next game?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#951 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

Blend, on 30 April 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

Yay, the longest game in the history of Mafia is finally over!!!!

So... when's the next game?

Someone obviously didn't play in the surviver game.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#952 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

Good game all. I assume the SK won (congrats Dude).

I would like to call attention to one thing (also recognizing that the mods particularly D'rek the game creator did a great job putting together an epic game):

My mod kill was justifiable. Mentioning twelve's name (however unintentional and unmalicious this action was) was a violation of the game rules and worthy of a mod-kill.

However, I would like to say that banning me from SH for the remainder of the game was over-the-top, essentially locking me out from enjoying the ensuing weeks of action.

I recognize (but do not respect) the mod's authority to doll out this punishment, but I ask the community to consider preventing such behavior in the future for the benefit of the players who make the games the mod's so wonderfully imagine and create possible.

I will not be playing any future games from this mod, however wonderful they may be.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#953 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

corv, on 30 April 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

Good game all. I assume the SK won (congrats Dude).

I would like to call attention to one thing (also recognizing that the mods particularly D'rek the game creator did a great job putting together an epic game):

My mod kill was justifiable. Mentioning twelve's name (however unintentional and unmalicious this action was) was a violation of the game rules and worthy of a mod-kill.

However, I would like to say that banning me from SH for the remainder of the game was over-the-top, essentially locking me out from enjoying the ensuing weeks of action.

I recognize (but do not respect) the mod's authority to doll out this punishment, but I ask the community to consider preventing such behavior in the future for the benefit of the players who make the games the mod's so wonderfully imagine and create possible.

I will not be playing any future games from this mod, however wonderful they may be.

I don't even understand the purpose of the rule that got you modkilled in the first place. I thought you should have been modkilled for not following the rules of the Fener power (Rhyme time I think). Banning from SH does seem a bit overkill as it was a first offense and it was done in the spirit of having fun. But I'm not as hardcore about the rules as D'rek is. She threatened to modkill me for an off the cuff vague remark in another game thread. I think she probably would have done it if not for the fact that I was already dead. Though I did think it was a bit cruel to make me wait all weekend long to find out for sure.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#954 User is offline   The Dude 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Your Mom
  • Ment Shall Die

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

Ok here with some thoughts.

Path-Shaper, on 09 April 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Should be a pretty easy night to resolve tonight - 17 players alive and a lot of them are RI.

No action submitted by HHD... and again The Dude chooses not to kill her... baffling!

I didn't kill Lio right away because after looking at the Hiro role, they were just a finder and already found me. Once I was outed it didn't matter and she could be used for distraction on thread. I didn't know that she could have repeadedly taken my powers and tried to vig me. Had she tried it a second time she would be dead the following night.

Ganoes Paran, on 17 April 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

I thought I had a good game as town, being silenced does not help what so ever. The communication thing is about not wanting to draw the night kill for as long as possible, I cannot belive TS killed me. Just for my 5 vigs. Why? I was hesitant to lynch him, hoping he would do the scum in for us. It turns out he was killing town though. If only we had more info on thread. Liosan/HHD if you had posted what you knew on thread then everyuone would have went SK hunting. EVERYONE. Finders need to reveal as much as possible, always

I killed you because...5 vigs... duh!! 5 vigs is 5 absorbed powers. How could I NOT want to kill you no matter how much you defended me on thread.

Galain, on 17 April 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

Also , Tulas Shorn has presented the best defence I have ever read.

What defense?

King Lear, on 19 April 2013 - 12:01 AM, said:

I missed the point where everyone decided Starling was a recruiter. How did that happen?

This was a huge turning point when I got them to believethat there was a recruiter. It bought me at least 2 more days. I wouldn't have won if they didn't bite on this one.

Path-Shaper, on 19 April 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

Path-Shaper, on 19 April 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

I say make them wait the entire weekend for the ninja thing. ;)

V

It was after the freeze started, so yes, they will have to wait. Technically you should not have put the sacrosanct up, either.

And no, the ninja vig has no hope of hurting The Dude. Seguleh defenses block it from doing anything, and even after that his Sylar longevity would keep him alive.

I tried to encourage sober, rational thought on thread... oh well... too bad EM is not really playing at all. If he actually read up and thought about it, he would realize Sylar could have his defenses and explain to the rest of the thread what it takes to get through the Seguleh defenses.

I kept waiting for EM to reveal this... I was dumbfounded that he didn't. He knew I was Sylar, knew I absorbed, why not reveal? I guess he couldn't know I absorbed his powers cause he actually acted on me.... but better safe than sorry. Also... why the hell did he ast on me knowing I was the SK and the only person that could kill him!?!

Path-Shaper, on 22 April 2013 - 04:02 AM, said:

Ryadd Eleis, on 20 April 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

There goes Brujah again, doing his 'please don't kill me' schtick. And he put my name in there too - not because he wants me to live, but because he's trying to get on my good side at the same time as Tulas'. Makes me want to kill him even more.

Tulas is the Dude, isn't he. You made the Dude a serial killer. Are you fucking nuts?

---

all roles were randomized :p

I literally jizzed my pants when I saw my role. I didn't think I had a very good chance to win but... if ever a role was tailored to my style, it was this one. :p

Khellendros, on 29 April 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

And goddamn, but me and the Dude really do have a long history of endgame opposition, don't we? I do love our battles of wits and spam, though :)

Seems like you and I always get into the endgame shit fests :(

Khellendros, on 29 April 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

For the record, I still completely and steadfastly maintain that NOT lynching the SK straight away was the correct decision with so many other known scum around at the time. Further, there was absolutely nothing stopping scum from continually NKing the SK in those first 6 days - so they can stop their holier-than-thou whining about it :p

I further declare that arguing for Tulas to kill Togg, knowing full well the powers he would take from that, was also the correct decision, as we had no other way at the time of getting rid of Togg (and we NEEDED to do that). To put it another way, it was the 'best' choice among a whole raft of horrible/unhelpful choices available to us at the time. Moreover, at that point scum were far stronger than town - working with the SK to eliminate a fair few of them was the only way the scales would be tipped against the favour of scum factions.

Indeed, had we had better organisation/participation in the last few days, after the deaths of Sukul and Tulas Shorn, we stood a chance of winning the game. Unfortunately, town imploded instead.

In defense of town... they were between a rock and a hard place. That being said, they had ample opportunity to lynch my 1st alt both before and after the togg death and just couldn't get it done. Thats their bad.
Mafia 100 Champion. There can only be one!!!

Yossarian was sorry to hear that they had a mutual friend. It seemed there was a basis to their conversation after all.

#955 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

wait, it's over?

nice.
I lost track sometime soon after I died and pre-exam crunch started. I'll have to try to read thru tomorrow.

congrats to all playing.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#956 User is offline   The Dude 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Your Mom
  • Ment Shall Die

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

Great game by D'rek. Your organization was amazing and for the size of the game, for there to be this few mistakes... well major kudos to you!

I think if you ran this same game, with the same people, in the same roles 100 times, I would be hard pressed to win even 1-2 more times. So many things had to go right:

1. I was outed early and the reload happened. Saved my ass. Funny thing is I think he just wanted to get a lover convo going with me and didn't suspect serial killer... bad luck there.
2. Lio not revealing all my actions immediately.
3. Barghast (brujah) defending me on thread. I still don't know what that was all about. His single act of backing me on thread bought me at least 4-5 more days. Even had ppl convinced I wasn't the SK!
4. Obdi/Ghennen volunteering to be silenced and Fener doing it. I wouldn't have won if this didn't happen. I was going to be lynched the next day, I had to talk my way out of it with the recruiter fake reveal. If I had been silenced, there is no way I could have weaseled my way out of a lynch that day and I would have been on to alt#2 with everyone knowing who I was and not enough defense to win.
5. Kesso deciding to guard others. Though I still may have one if he kept guarding me, it would have been much much more unlikely.
6. I had an extra alt at the end to absorb DKT's 4th alt. I did not see that 4th alt coming.

I think there were at least 1-2 more. If all of these things didn't happen, I was doomed. I got VERY LUCKY and things kinda fell the right way.

Anyway, I'll probably brag about this for the rest of my mafia career until you are all so sick of hearing about it that I make everyone's list :( Thanks to all my victims...especially Mentaliat. I couldn't have done it without you!!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

This post has been edited by The Dude: 30 April 2013 - 11:44 PM

Mafia 100 Champion. There can only be one!!!

Yossarian was sorry to hear that they had a mutual friend. It seemed there was a basis to their conversation after all.

#957 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

The Dude, on 30 April 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

Great game by D'rek. Your organization was amazing and for the size of the game, for there to be this few mistakes... well major kudos to you!

I think if you ran this same game, with the same people, in the same roles 100 times, I would be hard pressed to win even 1-2 more times. So many things had to go right:

1. I was outed early and the reload happened. Saved my ass. Funny thing is I think he just wanted to get a lover convo going with me and didn't suspect serial killer... bad luck there.
2. Lio not revealing all my actions immediately.
3. Barghast (brujah) defending me on thread. I still don't know what that was all about. His single act of backing me on thread bought me at least 4-5 more days. Even had ppl convinced I wasn't the SK!
4. Obdi/Ghennen volunteering to be silenced and Fener doing it. I wouldn't have won if this didn't happen. I was going to be lynched the next day, I had to talk my way out of it with the recruiter fake reveal. If I had been silenced, there is no way I could have weaseled my way out of a lynch that day and I would have been on to alt#2 with everyone knowing who I was and not enough defense to win.
5. Kesso deciding to guard others. Though I still may have one if he kept guarding me, it would have been much much more unlikely.
6. I had an extra alt at the end to absorb DKT's 4th alt. I didn't not see that 4th alt coming.

I think there were at least 1-2 more. If all of these things didn't happen, I was doomed. I got VERY LUCKY and things kinda fell the right way.

Anyway, I'll probably brag about this for the rest of my mafia career until you are all so sick of hearing about it that I make everyone's list :( Thanks to all my victims...especially Mentaliat. I couldn't have done it without you!!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Wasted no time adding the trophey to your signature either I see. Yeah this role would have a very very difficult time winning more than a handful of times but much kudos to you. You played great. The man o the match definately goes to the ultimate champion.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#958 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

I can answer your Galain/Seguleh question. I think that he didn't know you were the serial killer until he guarded you and died as a result. Also, he was convinced that you couldn't have absorbed his powers, because he felt he killed himself through his own action, not that you killed him. I kinda agree with his viewpoint on that - but then I'm biased :)

And you have every right to brag for all time...unfortunately :(

#959 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:40 AM

Vengeance, on 30 April 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

Blend, on 30 April 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

Yay, the longest game in the history of Mafia is finally over!!!!So... when's the next game?
Someone obviously didn't play in the surviver game.

I died at random on day one of the survivor game. What was it, two months? Longer even?

No regrets. Letting you off the chain for the last bit of the game was fun to watch. Though I did not have the game presence to direct anything in the end. Ain't no taming the beast.

#960 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:52 AM

This isn't true. By the time I volunteered to be silenced town was convinced that the serial killer was magically going to let them win the game. The idiotic 'if hes the SK, why isn't scum killing him' made me want to strangle puppies.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

Share this topic:

• 52 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users