• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 78.5 - Ragnar's Escape Trouble at the monastery

#141 User is offline   Meanas 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:16 AM

Quick thoughts before I go to bed as I haven't actually posted anything worthwhile yet: I know it's one of the few things to look out for on day 1, but the signalling cases are really....bleugh. Seeing as we now look out for it EVERY SINGLE DAY 1, do you think there's ever actually a case of signalling (by which I mean signalling masquerading as RP talk) anymore? Not that I'm saying I've got anything better. In fact, it was Galain's pointing out of the two quick votes by Osseric on Kessobahn which most drew my attention. I'm still more tempted to just vote off a low poster at day's end though ;)

In a spirit of amicability, I tried to find a new avatar for Meanas, but nothing out there is as perfect as the one I have now. Therefore, Galain should change! Didn't he used to be a demon thing?

#142 User is offline   Galain 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:48 AM

View PostMeanas, on 28 October 2011 - 02:16 AM, said:

Quick thoughts before I go to bed as I haven't actually posted anything worthwhile yet: I know it's one of the few things to look out for on day 1, but the signalling cases are really....bleugh. Seeing as we now look out for it EVERY SINGLE DAY 1, do you think there's ever actually a case of signalling (by which I mean signalling masquerading as RP talk) anymore? Not that I'm saying I've got anything better. In fact, it was Galain's pointing out of the two quick votes by Osseric on Kessobahn which most drew my attention. I'm still more tempted to just vote off a low poster at day's end though ;)

In a spirit of amicability, I tried to find a new avatar for Meanas, but nothing out there is as perfect as the one I have now. Therefore, Galain should change! Didn't he used to be a demon thing?

i don't really care about Avatars, but according to someone (emur?) you had mine. So i switched, figuring you would take the hint.

Alas, it is not so. From what I understand, the man wants us to keep the old avatars, if possible.

SO CHANGE HEATHEN!

#143 User is offline   Galain 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:49 AM

Also

Remove Vote

Vote Kessobahn

#144 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:20 AM

I'm back!

I agree that the avatar thing has made for a strange early game that is not as helpful as normal (not that it usually is that much, but still...)

Two posts I didn't really like, both from Osseric:

View PostOsseric, on 27 October 2011 - 09:56 PM, said:

It feels like 'unusual play' is being used as a shorthand for 'scummy' in some people's minds. Personally I don't see why the two of them need to be equivalent. Settling into a standard pattern of play is a bad thing IMO, and every now and then I like to try and shake things up by trying something different.

I don't like the way that Galain has stopped his case of me before I started giving out some explanations. It feels like he's trying to build a case at least partially based on omission. I did in my ensuing posts explain myself somewhat, but he seems to be ignoring those posts on purpose. But having said that, I appreciate that he is at least trying to make a case. Got to start somewhere, and all that.

Slightly condescending, and with a bit of sucking up to everyone, including Galain. I have to go back and check the reason for Galain's vote, but I seriously doubt that there is enough on thread for a very serious case, and doubt even more that Galain could make a serious evaluation of Osseric's response. I think Osseric is a bit too tense about this vote.

View PostOsseric, on 27 October 2011 - 10:24 PM, said:

I

View PostMockra, on 27 October 2011 - 06:51 PM, said:

View PostOsseric, on 27 October 2011 - 06:46 PM, said:

View PostMockra, on 27 October 2011 - 06:42 PM, said:

So do you think PS will put clues in the OP that might help us find scum as this is a CF less game?

Doubt it - the OP is just there to set the scene. The past few games might have had PS dropping clues in the scenes, but this is low TMDI, unlikely we'll get any of that here. Besides, we shouldn't need help.

So is it helpful to speculate on what type of roles that Morgoth included in this game or not? I'm new to CF less so I'm trying to feel my way around how we should approach this? When Morgoth last ran a game, if I remember correctly, and he mentioned using some roles that wouldn't be too conventional he had a symp with a guard ability so when you throws a similar comment out there it makes me very nervous as to what to expect.

Roled symp sounds plausible. Maybe Martyr? Haven't seen that in a while. I dunno, probably not worth worrying about at this point - we have next to no information on role balance (hell, we don't even know for sure that there are finders!)

I don't like to talk about roles, and Osseric did two things with these ideas that he is pushing:

"There are possibly no finders in this game" - Well, it's true that nothing is sure, but in a non-CF game, I seriously doubt there are no finders. Of course, any finder reveal will have to be carefully dealt with, but the questions should be "is he the finder?", not "is there even finders in this game?". Planting this idea, because it is far-fetched, is not helpful

"The symp might be a martyr". There, again, adding unnecessary confusion. Why is this setting prone to have a Martyr, like he said in a later post? In a non-CF game, I fail to see that a Martyr mechanic will add anything. Again, this idea is far-fetched, and can be used later to confuse the little information we might gain from the results of the night actions and the potential reveals, which in a non-CF game is an important source of info for the innos.

#145 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:07 AM

I agree with your point on finders.

I disagree a little about martyrs... after all, the original martyrs were zealous Christians who died for their faith, so it would make sense in this setting. Also, it can be used for balancing issues, and I dont really understand why you tie the usefullness of the martyr with a CF

However, making the symp the martyr makes no sense at all.

Disclaimer: Maybe we are not talking about the same role here. In my understanding, the Martyr can, as his NA, choose a player. Should this player be targeted by a Killing-action, that player would not die, but the martyr would die instead.

edit: her --> here

This post has been edited by Ruse: 28 October 2011 - 06:08 AM

#146 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:25 AM

I tied the usefullness not of a martyr, but of a "symp-martyr" in a non-CF game, which is what Osseric was trying to suggest.

An inno martyr could have a point, i.e. attracting a NK away from someone else. I can also see how it would fit in the settings of the nuns.

#147 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:34 AM

ah, I see. Seems I misunderstood you a little.

I am in complete agreement, then.

#148 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:52 AM

It is day 1

11 hours and 45 minutes left of the day

15 players still alive: Emurlahn, Kessobahn, Omtose, Atrahal, Tiamatha, Hood's Path, Osseric, Galain, Thyrllan, Ruse, Rashan, Gamelon, Tennes, Meanas, Mockra

8 votes to lynch
8 votes to go to night.

2 votes for Osseric: Tiam, Ruse
1 vote for Rashan: Emurlahn
1 vote for Meanas: Tennes
1 vote for Hood's Path: Mockra
1 vote for Mockra: Hood's Path
2 votes for Omtose: Osseric, Atrahal
2 vote for Kessobahn: Galain

Players not voting: Kessobahn, Omtose, Thyrllan, Rashan, Gamelon, Meanas,
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#149 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:24 AM

Well, I thought i'd come back to a lot more discussion than what's actually laid out at the moment. I'll have a read through and see what's been said and then post my thoughts so far.

#150 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:28 AM

My first thoughts are to put a little pressure on people who have posted little, so other than the very first two posts Rashan has said nothing. Yet the same could be said for Omtose, he got a couple of votes and then spouted absolute drizzle. So either of these two would be a good choice for me at the moment.

Vote Rashan

For merely being the lowest poster and having nothing to say to the thread.

Now, i'll look at gameplay.

#151 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:31 AM

It is day 1

11 hours and 3 minutes left of the day

15 players still alive: Emurlahn, Kessobahn, Omtose, Atrahal, Tiamatha, Hood's Path, Osseric, Galain, Thyrllan, Ruse, Rashan, Gamelon, Tennes, Meanas, Mockra

8 votes to lynch
8 votes to go to night.

2 votes for Rashan: Emurlahn, Kessobahn
2 votes for Omtose: Osseric, Atrahal
2 vote for Kessobahn: Galain

Players not voting: Omtose, Thyrllan, Rashan, Gamelon, Meanas,
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#152 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:44 AM

View PostOmtose, on 27 October 2011 - 10:52 PM, said:

Checking in

--------------------------------------------------------------

They came and went, I kept looking for them.

Where were they?

Where are they?

Who am I?

Who are You?

Why, oh, why is this so?

View PostOmtose, on 27 October 2011 - 10:55 PM, said:

As to my avatar, i've changed it to ones mentioned in the link but no change is shown. Any help, mod?

View PostOmtose, on 27 October 2011 - 11:00 PM, said:

View PostAtrahal, on 27 October 2011 - 10:54 PM, said:

Checking in

Where were they?

Where are they?

Who am I?

Who are You?

Why, oh, why is this so?

I hate to be the avatar police but that is Telas's avatar and I refuse to talk to you until it is changed to something that more actually represents Omtose the warren of ICE.

The use of flame and eye is actually symbolic of the full effect of the unveiling of omtose phellack. Plus, the avatar's already changed. And why are you so curious and touchy on my avatar? Mayhap you have a skeleton in the closet, eh?

View PostOmtose, on 27 October 2011 - 11:14 PM, said:

View PostMockra, on 27 October 2011 - 11:09 PM, said:

Checking in

Where were they?

Where are they?

Who am I?

Who are You?

Why, oh, why is this so?

I'm also probably just going to confuse the hell out of myself but what the hell does this mean?

It was asked and asked.

It was then said, 'it means what you want it to mean'.

And it will always be so.

Are we going to have another one of these players? The avatar hasn't changed and is stuck on an opposite of what it should be, and then each and every post does not make sense.

Remove vote

Vote Omtose

i'd rather get the distraction away early on in the game

#153 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:21 AM

It is day 1

10 hours and 13 minutes left of the day

8 votes to lynch
8 votes to go to night.

1 vote for Rashan: Emurlahn
3 votes for Omtose: Osseric, Atrahal, Kessobahn
1 vote for Kessobahn: Galain

Players not voting: Omtose, Thyrllan, Rashan, Gamelon, Meanas,

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 28 October 2011 - 09:16 AM

#154 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:51 AM

@Kesso (sorry still haven't figured out a way to quote on my phone) distraction is more of a "symp" activity. Even though without the CF I think there's no loss of information to lynch a symp compared to a killer, so I would be down with that.

Somethings wrong with PS's posts, we went from 11 hours left to 6 hours left in two posts about an hour apart. Seriously, how much time is left?

#155 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:56 AM

I'm not sure what Morgy did there. I think we're still at 9ish hours based on the original time post.
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#156 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:12 AM

We have vikings coming from Japan now? ;)

#157 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:15 AM

Er, I thought Shin posted naked, but now I realize he is not playing. Ignore my previous lameish attempt at humor

#158 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:17 AM

Yes, erm.. I decided it was a good idea to mix the time zone of the PS account with my own.

#159 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:22 AM

So how long left PS?

#160 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:26 AM

View PostKessobahn, on 28 October 2011 - 09:22 AM, said:

So how long left PS?

I edited the last vote count.

Share this topic:

• 44 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users