• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 78.5 - Ragnar's Escape Trouble at the monastery

#161 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:27 AM

Today has been quite quiet for a day one. Everyone seems to want to lie low and avoid a lynch if possible. Now I can understand that, but it isn't in town's best interest.

#162 User is offline   Tiamatha 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:57 AM

Hey im around.

i see a few "loose" cases floating around.

Not too sure what i think of them... the osseric signalling one is a bit interesting.

#163 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:12 AM

View PostTennes, on 28 October 2011 - 06:25 AM, said:

I tied the usefullness not of a martyr, but of a "symp-martyr" in a non-CF game, which is what Osseric was trying to suggest.

An inno martyr could have a point, i.e. attracting a NK away from someone else. I can also see how it would fit in the settings of the nuns.

I think you've misunderstood me here. I was speculating as to what the "role we hadn't seen for a while" was. The two options I came up with were Martyr and roled symp. At no point did I mean to say that I thought the symp was likely to be a martyr, though I can see why it might have looked like that.

I'm at work, so I can't really cast more than a superficial glance over the thread at the moment, but I'll try to take a closer look at lunchtime.

#164 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:32 AM

View PostTiamatha, on 28 October 2011 - 09:57 AM, said:

Hey im around.

Not too sure what i think of them... the osseric signalling one is a bit interesting.

Now don't be shy Tiamatha in what way do you find it interesting? Easy to post something like that to sound less controversial and look like you are contributing. Sounds like you want to stay away from the spotlight but up your post count as we mentioned low posters before.

#165 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:03 AM

while I will agree that a bit more elaboration than 'interesting' would be nice, your (Kesso's)vote for a 'distraction' is not really a big kick against the wasp nest, either.

While I can get down to it, if there are really only absolute rubbish cases around, I am still interested in the signaling issue.

What is - as a directly involved party - your take on things?

In addition to the 'double vote', I am very interested in your interpretation of these two posts made by Osseric:

View PostOsseric, on 27 October 2011 - 11:11 AM, said:

Fixed. But Kesso, IGMEOY.

View PostOsseric, on 27 October 2011 - 11:21 AM, said:

View PostRuse, on 27 October 2011 - 11:14 AM, said:

View PostOsseric, on 27 October 2011 - 11:11 AM, said:

Fixed. But Kesso, IGMEOY.

Serious or banter?

I wanted it to be mysterious as to which I meant... ;)

#166 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:16 AM

As an outsider looking in i'd be all over it Ruse. Last game there was a double vote from Gamelon on Serc and that got them both lynched day one and two. There is nothing much you can do against someone double voting for you because it does look like signalling. What is a reason someone would double vote?

First one is the obvious one, it is a signal. That means that Osseric somehow knows me and wanted to get that across. In an M & P game this is highly doubtful for the position I am in. I don't see town knowing many other players if any.

Second one is that Osseric has looked at the past game and doesn't mind falling on the sword to get me lynched. Therefore, he could be an ri and have a gut feeling or something along those line.

Third is that he could be a symp and by setting up the first two lynches away from his master gives his master more time to establish themselves into the game and because this is cf less we will never know.

In terms of the avatar thing and my response that he seemed "defensive". There were 2 posts by HD that mentioned people going after each others avatars and that people will not look past that and we'll have lynches based on, "you picked my avatar" which is what started this whole conversation and line of thought.

I picked what I believed the best looking dragon from the ones on offer. I didn't know that it had been used in the past much less who's avatar it was. PS said it was okay yet Osseric goes off on one and double votes for me. Then HD comes on and adds some of his thoughts to it and I ended up changing my avatar to the one I have now.

I don't know who Osseric is, why would I? I have no affiliation to him and will treat him the same as every other player.

To me, other than Osseric posts I looked at Omtose for that burst of 4 posts in a row and then nothing before or since. The posts he did post didn't sit right with me. It smacks of distraction and symp like behaviour.

The highest poster has a lot of posts about his own avatar and is mainly spam.

So yeah there is a lot to look at today, but I can see people not being able to look past the potential signal. AND Like I said before, if I was not the one on the receiving end I'd be all over it!

#167 User is offline   Meanas 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:27 AM

First, some housekeeping business.

View PostPath-Shaper, on 26 October 2011 - 09:08 PM, said:

Finally, if someone has already posted using the avatar you've chosen; pick another one.

I'm afraid Galain, as I posted before you did, PS' orders state that you'd have to be the one to change your avatar. As I said before, I tried to find a good one, couldn't, so you can ;) Alternatively, if you find a good one for Meanas, I'll swap out :)

On to the actual game:

At the moment I am most willing to vote for either Rashan (low poster) or Omtose (weird poster). Like someone already said, it wouldn't do to have a huge distraction again for the majority of the game, and I entirely agree with that.

#168 User is offline   Tiamatha 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:27 AM

View PostOsseric, on 28 October 2011 - 10:12 AM, said:

View PostTennes, on 28 October 2011 - 06:25 AM, said:

I tied the usefullness not of a martyr, but of a "symp-martyr" in a non-CF game, which is what Osseric was trying to suggest.

An inno martyr could have a point, i.e. attracting a NK away from someone else. I can also see how it would fit in the settings of the nuns.

I think you've misunderstood me here. I was speculating as to what the "role we hadn't seen for a while" was. The two options I came up with were Martyr and roled symp. At no point did I mean to say that I thought the symp was likely to be a martyr, though I can see why it might have looked like that.

I'm at work, so I can't really cast more than a superficial glance over the thread at the moment, but I'll try to take a closer look at lunchtime.

there was a roled symp like 2 games back.... wasnt there?

#169 User is offline   Tiamatha 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:29 AM

View PostKessobahn, on 28 October 2011 - 10:32 AM, said:

View PostTiamatha, on 28 October 2011 - 09:57 AM, said:

Hey im around.

Now don't be shy Tiamatha in what way do you find it interesting? Easy to post something like that to sound less controversial and look like you are contributing. Sounds like you want to stay away from the spotlight but up your post count as we mentioned low posters before.

its interesting in the fact that it could be signalling, but not enough for me to lay a vote down.

As in...i might lay a vote down if we don't see anything better.

way to strawman with the post count thing... defensive much?

#170 User is offline   Meanas 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:29 AM

I'm a firm believer in scum tending to hide among the low(er) posters, so if no good case comes up (miraculously) on day 1, then I'm all for lynching low posters as the next best tactic.

Even if it doesn't turn out to be scum (hmm, not that we'll know in this game), it gives them less lower-posting players to hide amongst.

Edit: added last sentence.

This post has been edited by Meanas: 28 October 2011 - 11:30 AM

#171 User is offline   Tiamatha 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:34 AM

for my money going after low posters on day one is silly.

need a few days to establish if someone is actually laying low, could have just been busy.

even more so now that we will get zero info from any lynch.

#172 User is offline   Meanas 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:37 AM

View PostTiamatha, on 28 October 2011 - 11:34 AM, said:

need a few days to establish if someone is actually laying low, could have just been busy.

You're right that it may be a less viable tactic in this particular game (even as I was typing the last post I was thinking that), because of the no CF, but I honestly believe in most games it is not silly. As I said, even if they turn out to not be scum, it gives a smaller pool for scum to hide in. In any case, I did say do that if no semi-convincing cases come up on day 1.

So which way do you think you'll go then Tiam, what's your plan of action here?

#173 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:37 AM

Well Omtose was a low poster but got called on it and then gave us some weird posters.

Rashan provided us with the first 2 posts but then nothing since.

Either is good enough to be fair.

And a lynch is better than no lynch wouldn't you agree?

It's not defensive calling someone out on posts Tiam. No strawmanning from me, just highlighting the fact that you jumped on the bandwagon without adding your own flavour.

#174 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:47 AM

well, your take on the signalling thing makes some sense to me. Sadly it has nearly totally convinced me that my convuluted theory of YOU being the signaller and Osseric the reciever is actual crap.

Leaving me more to lean to the current, bandwagon interpretation of the signalling issue.

However, if we talk about lying low, what about Gamelon? As someone (forgot who) already pointed out, he posted a bit, but nothing content wise, allthough Osseric and I had some interaction that could be commented upon.

#175 User is offline   Tiamatha 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:48 AM

View PostMeanas, on 28 October 2011 - 11:37 AM, said:

View PostTiamatha, on 28 October 2011 - 11:34 AM, said:

You're right that it may be a less viable tactic in this particular game (even as I was typing the last post I was thinking that), because of the no CF, but I honestly believe in most games it is not silly. As I said, even if they turn out to not be scum, it gives a smaller pool for scum to hide in. In any case, I did say do that if no semi-convincing cases come up on day 1.

So which way do you think you'll go then Tiam, what's your plan of action here?

It all depends on the player that is scum, some play loud and post allot , some dont....so i dont buy into the whole low posting thing.
What i do agree on is that it is distracting to have them around and as its just as likely that they could be scum as anyone else, coupled with the lack of info they provide i dont mind taking them out while it is still relatively early.
just not day one....that is silly...

Anyways...so far the only "interesting" thing that is worth going for so far is the potential signalling case.
there seems to be some sort of potential link between the two.

#176 User is offline   Tiamatha 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:53 AM

Also....kessoh seems somewhat overly defensive.
In a sense he tried to turn the tables on me simply because i didnt elaborate, implying i was post padding.
Its kinda strawmannish and looks to be a knee jerk reaction... i believe is something a player who has something to hide would do.

OMGUS reaction

#177 User is offline   Tiamatha 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:04 PM

View PostKessobahn, on 28 October 2011 - 11:37 AM, said:

Well Omtose was a low poster but got called on it and then gave us some weird posters.

Rashan provided us with the first 2 posts but then nothing since.

Either is good enough to be fair.

And a lynch is better than no lynch wouldn't you agree?

Its day 1...and you are pushing for a low poster lynch already!
sigh... i know you seem a bit under the kosh here but that is no reason to start playing pin the tail on the donkey.
bit self serving here.

View PostKessobahn, on 28 October 2011 - 11:37 AM, said:

It's not defensive calling someone out on posts Tiam. No strawmanning from me, just highlighting the fact that you jumped on the bandwagon without adding your own flavour.

rubbish...

if i agree with something that has already been discussed quite a bit on thread why should i add my own "flavour?"
There is no need to restate what has been said.
If i like a certain case it is not mandatory to add anything new.
And your "attack" on my simple post is looking like a knee-jerk reaction to me.

Anyone that simply agrees with a case is all of the sudden "post padding"
I dont buy that, to me its clear you are trying to undermine my feelings about the case against you buy making my post seem like something that it most certainly is not...ie. strawmanning.. *shrug*

#178 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:23 PM

Not at all Tiam, any post I make or have made you just shrug and say "defensive much". If I was solely low poster hunting I would have went for Rashan would I not, but Omtose's reaction to getting called out, his weird posts and then nothing else warranted my attention and vote.

I don't have many votes on me at all but would rather argue a point than concede one early doors.

"undermine your feelings" wtf. Your post was poor, and by calling you on it you have contributed more than you probably would have.

#179 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:29 PM

Ps can we have a time and vote update please

#180 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:39 PM

It is day 1

5 hours and 56 minutes left of the day

15 players still alive: Emurlahn, Kessobahn, Omtose, Atrahal, Tiamatha, Hood's Path, Osseric, Galain, Thyrllan, Ruse, Rashan, Gamelon, Tennes, Meanas, Mockra

8 votes to lynch
8 votes to go to night.

2 votes for Osseric: Tiam, Ruse
1 vote for Rashan: Emurlahn
1 vote for Meanas: Tennes
1 vote for Hood's Path: Mockra
1 vote for Mockra: Hood's Path
3 votes for Omtose: Osseric, Atrahal, Kessobahn
1 vote for Kessobahn: Galain

Players not voting: Omtose, Thyrllan, Rashan, Gamelon, Meanas,
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

Share this topic:

• 44 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

9 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users