• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 78.5 - Ragnar's Escape Trouble at the monastery

#121 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:33 PM

View PostMeanas, on 27 October 2011 - 10:31 PM, said:

Galain, I see we're going to have a problem.

hahaha. this made me lol at work. I envisioned it in a very dry sarcastic voice.

#122 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:35 PM

View PostMockra, on 27 October 2011 - 10:28 PM, said:

View PostOsseric, on 27 October 2011 - 10:24 PM, said:

I

View PostMockra, on 27 October 2011 - 06:51 PM, said:

View PostOsseric, on 27 October 2011 - 06:46 PM, said:

View PostMockra, on 27 October 2011 - 06:42 PM, said:

So do you think PS will put clues in the OP that might help us find scum as this is a CF less game?

Doubt it - the OP is just there to set the scene. The past few games might have had PS dropping clues in the scenes, but this is low TMDI, unlikely we'll get any of that here. Besides, we shouldn't need help.

So is it helpful to speculate on what type of roles that Morgoth included in this game or not? I'm new to CF less so I'm trying to feel my way around how we should approach this? When Morgoth last ran a game, if I remember correctly, and he mentioned using some roles that wouldn't be too conventional he had a symp with a guard ability so when you throws a similar comment out there it makes me very nervous as to what to expect.

Roled symp sounds plausible. Maybe Martyr? Haven't seen that in a while. I dunno, probably not worth worrying about at this point - we have next to no information on role balance (hell, we don't even know for sure that there are finders!)

What's a Martyr role?

There are a few variations on it, but the general idea is that they target someone at night, and any actions that would have hit that player hit the Martyr instead. It seems like it might be a good fit for this game, both thematically and in terms of gameplay.

#123 User is offline   Meanas 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:37 PM

Can I also suggest that every OP from now in Mafia starts off with Ment's death - even if he is playing - it just seems like a very good tradition we could institute.

#124 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:45 PM

View PostOsseric, on 27 October 2011 - 10:35 PM, said:

View PostMockra, on 27 October 2011 - 10:28 PM, said:

View PostOsseric, on 27 October 2011 - 10:24 PM, said:

I

View PostMockra, on 27 October 2011 - 06:51 PM, said:

View PostOsseric, on 27 October 2011 - 06:46 PM, said:

View PostMockra, on 27 October 2011 - 06:42 PM, said:

So do you think PS will put clues in the OP that might help us find scum as this is a CF less game?

Doubt it - the OP is just there to set the scene. The past few games might have had PS dropping clues in the scenes, but this is low TMDI, unlikely we'll get any of that here. Besides, we shouldn't need help.

So is it helpful to speculate on what type of roles that Morgoth included in this game or not? I'm new to CF less so I'm trying to feel my way around how we should approach this? When Morgoth last ran a game, if I remember correctly, and he mentioned using some roles that wouldn't be too conventional he had a symp with a guard ability so when you throws a similar comment out there it makes me very nervous as to what to expect.

Roled symp sounds plausible. Maybe Martyr? Haven't seen that in a while. I dunno, probably not worth worrying about at this point - we have next to no information on role balance (hell, we don't even know for sure that there are finders!)

What's a Martyr role?

There are a few variations on it, but the general idea is that they target someone at night, and any actions that would have hit that player hit the Martyr instead. It seems like it might be a good fit for this game, both thematically and in terms of gameplay.

The name of the role does fit the theme of this game for sure and I can easily see the benefits of the role.

#125 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:46 PM

View PostMeanas, on 27 October 2011 - 10:37 PM, said:

Can I also suggest that every OP from now in Mafia starts off with Ment's death - even if he is playing - it just seems like a very good tradition we could institute.

Everyone in favor of this motion ;)

#126 User is offline   Atrahal 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:51 PM

View PostOsseric, on 27 October 2011 - 10:30 PM, said:

I also think that Atrahal needs to get his act together. He seems to be ignoring our Serious Conversation ™.

Lets see if i can get my act together.

You are under consideration for some kind of bullshit signalling while voting for Omtose who hasn't even had the decency to post in the first 12 hours. Personally I give a person 24 in a 36 hour day then vote for a speed lynch. It is just the right thing to do. What else is going on in the serious conversation. Oh role speculation. Hmmm yeah what with morgy being the mod and his encyclopedia knowledge of all possible roles and potential make up that is a really going to get far. The conversation about people needing to participate more in due to this being a noncf game is spot on. However with the weekend only one day away we need to realize that this game is going to die pretty quickly after a day one. So jumping on people for not posting should probably be curtailed a little till Monday. Now I am not saying that lynching low posters isn't a good idea. It is a great idea. I think that sums up all of the serious talk. Now after thinking about it I think that I was on the right track for day one. Talking about the benefits of cunnilingus with young naive nuns. Who else thinks this is a good idea. ;)

#127 User is offline   Atrahal 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:52 PM

View PostMockra, on 27 October 2011 - 10:46 PM, said:

View PostMeanas, on 27 October 2011 - 10:37 PM, said:

Everyone in favor of this motion :)

Seconded. ;)

#128 User is offline   Omtose 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:52 PM

Checking in

--------------------------------------------------------------

They came and went, I kept looking for them.

Where were they?

Where are they?

Who am I?

Who are You?

Why, oh, why is this so?

#129 User is offline   Atrahal 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:54 PM

View PostOmtose, on 27 October 2011 - 10:52 PM, said:

Checking in

Where were they?

Where are they?

Who am I?

Who are You?

Why, oh, why is this so?

I hate to be the avatar police but that is Telas's avatar and I refuse to talk to you until it is changed to something that more actually represents Omtose the warren of ICE.

#130 User is offline   Omtose 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:55 PM

As to my avatar, i've changed it to ones mentioned in the link but no change is shown. Any help, mod?

#131 User is offline   Omtose 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:00 PM

View PostAtrahal, on 27 October 2011 - 10:54 PM, said:

Checking in

Where were they?

Where are they?

Who am I?

Who are You?

Why, oh, why is this so?

I hate to be the avatar police but that is Telas's avatar and I refuse to talk to you until it is changed to something that more actually represents Omtose the warren of ICE.

The use of flame and eye is actually symbolic of the full effect of the unveiling of omtose phellack. Plus, the avatar's already changed. And why are you so curious and touchy on my avatar? Mayhap you have a skeleton in the closet, eh?

#132 User is offline   Atrahal 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:04 PM

To all if you are changing your avatar. Click on copy image location. Then go to your settings click on profile and go to change avatar. Then copy into the url the picture url and bobs your sister.

Also here

Posted Image

#133 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:04 PM

Omtose must really be cold because he's nakkid. Burrr!!

#134 User is offline   Atrahal 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:05 PM

View PostOmtose, on 27 October 2011 - 11:00 PM, said:

View PostAtrahal, on 27 October 2011 - 10:54 PM, said:

Checking in

Where were they?

Where are they?

Who am I?

Who are You?

Why, oh, why is this so?

The use of flame and eye is actually symbolic of the full effect of the unveiling of omtose phellack. Plus, the avatar's already changed. And why are you so curious and touchy on my avatar? Mayhap you have a skeleton in the closet, eh?

This posts smacks of illiteracy and heresy. As such

Vote OMTOSE

This post has been edited by Atrahal: 27 October 2011 - 11:05 PM

#135 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:09 PM

Checking in

Where were they?

Where are they?

Who am I?

Who are You?

Why, oh, why is this so?

I'm also probably just going to confuse the hell out of myself but what the hell does this mean?

#136 User is offline   Omtose 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:14 PM

View PostMockra, on 27 October 2011 - 11:09 PM, said:

Checking in

Where were they?

Where are they?

Who am I?

Who are You?

Why, oh, why is this so?

I'm also probably just going to confuse the hell out of myself but what the hell does this mean?

It was asked and asked.

It was then said, 'it means what you want it to mean'.

And it will always be so.

#137 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:25 PM

Well. I'm off for the night. I'll do a reread tomorrow to see what I can find that might be vote worthy.

#138 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:13 AM

Reading quickly through the thread, before I must vanish off to a lecture.

I also would think that the Martyr fits in quite nicely, but so does the healer (nunnery herbgarden).

Lot's of Avatar talk. Gonna look back and add to my list who took whose avatar...

View PostAtrahal, on 27 October 2011 - 10:51 PM, said:

I also think that Atrahal needs to get his act together. He seems to be ignoring our Serious Conversation ™.

You are under consideration for some kind of bullshit signalling while voting for Omtose who hasn't even had the decency to post in the first 12 hours. Personally I give a person 24 in a 36 hour day then vote for a speed lynch. It is just the right thing to do. What else is going on in the serious conversation. Oh role speculation. Hmmm yeah what with morgy being the mod and his encyclopedia knowledge of all possible roles and potential make up that is a really going to get far. The conversation about people needing to participate more in due to this being a noncf game is spot on. However with the weekend only one day away we need to realize that this game is going to die pretty quickly after a day one. So jumping on people for not posting should probably be curtailed a little till Monday. Now I am not saying that lynching low posters isn't a good idea. It is a great idea. I think that sums up all of the serious talk. Now after thinking about it I think that I was on the right track for day one. Talking about the benefits of cunnilingus with young naive nuns. Who else thinks this is a good idea. ;)

I kinda agree on your summing up, but the way this post seems geared towards stiffling / degrading any serious discussion taking place bugs me, I must admit. Even if you dislike the quality of it, you should try to move it somewhere more profitable.

#139 User is offline   Atrahal 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:23 AM

View PostRuse, on 28 October 2011 - 12:13 AM, said:

Reading quickly through the thread, before I must vanish off to a lecture.

I also would think that the Martyr fits in quite nicely, but so does the healer (nunnery herbgarden).

Lot's of Avatar talk. Gonna look back and add to my list who took whose avatar...

View PostAtrahal, on 27 October 2011 - 10:51 PM, said:

I kinda agree on your summing up, but the way this post seems geared towards stiffling / degrading any serious discussion taking place bugs me, I must admit. Even if you dislike the quality of it, you should try to move it somewhere more profitable.

In my defense they were trying to stifle my cunnilingus talk. Mucho importanto that talk should be obviously as Mockra didn't know the meaning of it. Now I am here to educate all of the young out there so that they are able to please the ladies. Are you saying that isn't importanto for shame.

But yes I can see how you might think that post was somewhat degrading and this being a nunnery we have to behave ourselves with accordance with gods laws. In the future I shall strive to do that.

#140 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:07 AM

i am going to head out till tomorrow. don't see much to go on at this point. unless something pops up when i get back, i'll probably vote a low poster as we can't really afford them in this game.

Share this topic:

• 44 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users