Malazan Empire: The Collected Steven Erikson Questions & Answers thread - Malazan Empire

• 20 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Collected Steven Erikson Questions & Answers thread see note in first post for explanation Rate Topic: -----

#81 User is offline   Calot 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 February 2003 - 12:05 PM

Here's a question:

Will there be a continuation of the Wandering- Holds- Houses theme to another stage?

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Well, What Can I Say?Posted Image
Nothing like smell of a BFG in the morning...
The Eternally Wise Calto, High Lord of One-Liners

[This message was edited by Calot on 04 March 2003 at 03:44 AM.]

#82 User is offline   Anomander 

• Wielder of Dragnipur
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 15 February 2003 - 08:27 PM

Yes, while in his spiritual body the chance of him being injured or recognized was significantly lower.

And so the First denied their Mother,
in their fury, and so were cast out,
doomed children of Mother Dark.
And so the First denied their Mother,
in their fury, and so were cast out,
doomed children of Mother Dark.

#83 Guest_Kenryll\'ah_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 03 February 2003 - 11:05 AM

@Pale. you can delete messages now you know. but since everyone is so obsessed with post count....

@Brynjar. it was Gryllen. oh and silverfox is soletaken, but does not have animal family. how could you even think that?

#84 Guest_Reave the Just_*

Posted 28 January 2003 - 10:00 AM

Mr E.

Not really a question, but I know I speak for a lot of us (megalomania?) in that a Bestiary/Companion addition with lots of glossy pics would be fantastic.

Maybe something for the publishers to think about for the future.

PS - I love the "uncertainty" and implied depth to the history in your books. makes it all seem more "real" somehow.

When in Rome, do the Jerk

#85 Guest_Reave the Just_*

Posted 04 March 2003 - 05:39 AM

Mr E.

not a question, just congratulations at getting No.1 slot in the SF Site Reader's Choice 2002 for House of Chains - much deserved!!! Posted Image

When in Rome, do the Jerk

#86 Guest_The Shadowlord_*

Posted 28 January 2003 - 09:02 AM

Thank you Lord, nice to see you againPosted Image

ok, just a couple more questions you've opened for me...

quote:
Coltaine reborn, will he have a role in future books? Not in this series, I don't think. I may change my mind, but don't put money on it.

Does this mean there is DEFINITELY going to be another Malazan Series? Please?

Also, you mentioned that MT would include Trull. Does this not mean it will include Onrack etc.? Or are they all killed off in the prologue? Or is MT just the Trull's story? I suppose you can't really answer any of those but its worth a try...

er...something else...what was it...hmmm...ah yes! Is there any more info on the Encyclopedia? Will it be produced after the books pr during them? also, your books would no longer hold that sense of mystery because of the way you plunge us into the middle of your world with no info, revealing things only slowly, becasue the encyclopedia would tell us everything...Or will it? lol, that was ratehr long winded and useless, basically, im just asking for some more info on the Encyclopedia...

thanks again, you have the rather useless admiration of The Shadowlord...

----------------------------------------------
How many times, dear traveller, will you walk the same paths?

#87 User is offline   cauthon 

• Geek in progress
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:photography, fantasy

Posted 17 February 2003 - 03:23 AM

Mr. Erikson,

That anwers a lot of questions and abundantly creates more, because it seems to me, I really need a reread of HoC :-)

Thank you for taking the time to enlighten us.

Anything that is not nailed
down is mine. If I can pry
it loose, it is not nailed
down.

#88 Guest__*

Posted 02 March 2003 - 08:11 PM

At this point I'm not going to bog down this thread with anymore questions, but a hearty thank you for taking the time out of mashing away at the next novel to answer our pressing questions, Mr. Erikson.

#89 Guest_PUG_*

Posted 21 July 2003 - 03:56 PM

Hi Mr Erikson, I would like to thank you for writng the most exciting and complicating fantasy series ever. I hope to one day join you in that pursuit and perhaps emulate your success. My question for you is. Did ancient Greece influence you much? What I mean is with the Jaghut Tyrants and the City-States in GOTM.

Thanks.

Sorry if it comes across as a silly question. It's just one of those things that has been on my mind since reading GOTM.

Thanks again Posted Image

#90 Guest_Adelphi_*

Posted 29 January 2003 - 05:24 AM

Mr. Erikson, when will Paran reappear in the novel?

#91 Guest_dainashte_*

Posted 21 July 2003 - 01:27 AM

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere.

Has a game system been devised for use with the Malazan system, and would Mr Erikson be opposed to someone bastardising it with GURPS?

On the understanding that the world is copyrighted, and all such gaming would have to be fanfic oriented.

Thanks Posted Image

#92 Guest__*

Posted 24 February 2004 - 08:17 PM

Since you are a Canadian, why is Midnight Tides being released earlier everywhere else, and us poor Canadians have to suffer an extra month of waiting for april?

*hugs*
- - - - - - -
Clerk of High House Spam - Fetid Lurker of LHN - Fool of HH Chains - Admin of Extremely High House Creator - Was once the honourable and well respected Fool - The world's first Spamslinger - Sleepless High Priest of HH Tea

#93 Guest_The Shadowlord_*

Posted 18 February 2003 - 02:51 AM

Mr. Erikson, another question:

Will Brukhalian be turning up again, and will he be connected to High House Death?

Wake him not.

#94 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 11 August 2003 - 03:24 AM

yeah, it would be god to clear this up... i cant remember seeing this, but someone said there is a passage that says the Opponn are Baru and Nerruse...Posted Image

O xein angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti tede,
keimentha tois keinon rhemasi peithomenoi.
Unaligned - Obelisk - Friend of Asterisk.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#95 Guest_The Shadowlord_*

Posted 13 February 2003 - 09:48 AM

Steve:
Could we actually know the name of your world?

Wake him not.

#96 Guest_The Shadowlord_*

Posted 02 March 2003 - 09:15 AM

technically, its "Migration - Holds - Houses" but who cares...

Tyrant of Pain

#97 Guest__*

Posted 26 February 2003 - 04:09 PM

Steve:

Here goes my proposition. One I can't get out of my head. This is something, that, somehow, I have an overwhelming urge to see:

Can you PLEASE, at some point in the next 6 books, have SOMEONE, and it doesn't matter who, drive a ship full of Moranth minuitions into a harbor and blow it up?

It just seems... so appropriate.

Thanks in advance!!!

#98 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 May 2005 - 11:45 PM

We've discovered that Cotillion is, apart from the name of a really cool character, a word for a type of ball - I heard it was a military dance. Which is kind of apt, seeing as how Cotillion is really Dancer. So...

Do Kellanved/Ammanas have any similar meaning, or did they just sound good as names? I've never heard of either of the words before, at least.

Cheers

Curious Yellow

PS - nice books.
Don't fuck with the Culture.

#99 Guest_Ouki_*

Posted 14 July 2003 - 11:05 PM

Hello Erikson Posted Image
Thank you very much for answering our questions and communicating with your fans!! I've read a bunch of fantasy and SF books and you're the only author I know of who is so in touch with his fans! GREAT Posted Image

I started re-visiting these forums a week ago, and I re-read all the Q&A's and interviews I could find. That's why I know where to find the stuff your said about the Draconic Family tree, Lady A. I'll post it here on your behalf:

"Is Tiam male or female. Female, sometimes a mother, sometimes a lover, sometimes a daughter, and sometimes all three, but always female. The next book will have in the glossary Baruk's interpretation of the Draconic family tree ... all three versions."

And cause I love the dialogue... Mr. Erikson, do you have another question you would like to ask us?

In awe,
G.

----------------------------
"Chaos is the order we don't understand"

#100 Guest_mongoose0024_*

Posted 07 June 2005 - 04:19 PM

Just a single question from me, do you support the annexation of Canada by America?

Share this topic:

• 20 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users