Malazan Empire: The Collected Steven Erikson Questions & Answers thread - Malazan Empire

• 20 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Collected Steven Erikson Questions & Answers thread see note in first post for explanation Rate Topic: -----

#381 User is offline   Osric 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Books, Games, Programming, Beer, Women, Movies

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:24 PM

Ah I never knew that. :D Seems like a good idea Apt, ICE shouldn't be left out after all. :D
Wise words are like arrows flung at your forehead. What do you do? Why, you duck of course.
-Bult

#382 User is offline   Rusch 

• Recruit

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:20 PM

Greetings,

I write this lines, because it seems to me, this is the only chance to get in contact with Steven Erikson (he is keeping a low profile in the internet).

I'm a moderator of one of the biggest literature based fantasy board (www.fantasy-forum.org). Once a month we read a book together and in January we will read Gardens of the Moon. Everybody will post while he reads the book, what comes to his (or her) mind and it is quite an interesting experience (but I think you do something similiar here too). It would enrich the whole thing, if Steven would attent. I would be defenitely interesting for him to get in contact with German Fans and of could the thread would be in Englisch (but please accept our appologies for poor Englisch in advance. :D If he agrees at least to visit the thread a few times, he mustn't answer, if he didn't want to.

I understand, that some of you are in contact with Steven. Could you be so kind an forward this request to him.

Many thanks in advance.

PS:
If anybody else is interesting in our experience while reading this book, I can post a link if you want to.

This post has been edited by Rusch: 04 December 2008 - 01:37 PM

#383 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:04 PM

post the link anyway
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#384 User is offline   StormofHeaven 

• Corporal

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:55 PM

Hello,

I was just wondering Mr. Erikson if you mind people interrupting you at the coffee shop where you write your books. I have walked in there a couple times and seen you there but didn't want to interrupt you.

Also, I read on this board earlier that you don't have a lot of recognition here in Canada. I thought you might like to know, that my wife works for the Premier of BC and gave him Gardens of the Moon for a Christmas present. He is a very avid reader she thought it would be nice to support a local author who writes such great books. (She never actually read the series, but I highly recommend it to her)

Giovanni
Victoria, BC

#385 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 04 December 2008 - 09:32 PM

I think you should know that while Erikson and Esslemont read the board, they seldom if ever reply to our discussions or questions. If they do it's usually through members they know personally like the Admins Malaclypse and Hetan.

#386 User is offline   Rusch 

• Recruit

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:04 PM

Many thanks!

I will do!

This post has been edited by Rusch: 05 December 2008 - 02:04 PM

#387 User is offline   the peacemaker 

• Recruit
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:27 AM

EVEN THO this is not a place for more posts i will TRY to give a good sanswer to this guy:

View PostI HATE PORMQUAL, on Sep 21 2006, 05:11 AM, said:

Gardens of the moon has references to events in books released such a long time after GOTM was first published.
how much of the following books had you written or planned before you wrote GOTM to give it that classic tie in to the epic events following?

shortsword is the best kind of sword to use whit a large shild and others at your side (you dont hit your friend) romans did it japanes did it (samurais having 2 swords) greeks did it persins did it egyptians cartagians and so on
LIFE IS FIRE FIRE IS LIFE - Imass saying

#388 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:13 AM

View Postthe peacemaker, on Dec 8 2008, 09:27 AM, said:

EVEN THO this is not a place for more posts i will TRY to give a good sanswer to this guy:

View PostI HATE PORMQUAL, on Sep 21 2006, 05:11 AM, said:

Gardens of the moon has references to events in books released such a long time after GOTM was first published.
how much of the following books had you written or planned before you wrote GOTM to give it that classic tie in to the epic events following?

shortsword is the best kind of sword to use whit a large shild and others at your side (you dont hit your friend) romans did it japanes did it (samurais having 2 swords) greeks did it persins did it egyptians cartagians and so on

What a weird reply and completely unnecessart thread necro. I am ammused :The Force:

Share this topic:

• 20 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users