Malazan Empire: The Collected Steven Erikson Questions & Answers thread - Malazan Empire

• 20 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Collected Steven Erikson Questions & Answers thread see note in first post for explanation Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Fid 

• Old Git of High House Muttley
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 31 January 2003 - 12:19 PM

I for one love the maps - they are amongst the better ones included in books - though I kept referring to DG during HOC - a full set in a companion would be cool

#42 Guest_Soth_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 29 November 2003 - 04:34 AM

Mr Erikson,
of late I wondered if there is any connection between Bellurdan and Icaruim.
Was Bellurdan once one of the "special friends"
(or,as you can say,overseer)
of Icarium??
And if this is true,which role had Nightchill to play in this scheme??

All this guessing gives me headaches... Posted Image

It could be,but it couldn't be too.

#43 Guest_The Shadowlord_*

Posted 29 January 2003 - 12:31 PM

well, its quite logical really. They are dead. But they have ascendended. They must have been ressurceted when they officially ascended...

----------------------------------------------
How many times, dear traveller, will you walk the same paths?

#44 Guest_Kamek_*

Posted 07 July 2003 - 01:08 PM

Are we allowed to reply here? If we're not, I apologise.

It's made very clear that the enkar'l's soul is in the toblakai.

#45 Guest_henson_*

Posted 27 October 2003 - 03:09 AM

Mr Erikson,
after having reread HOC again one question I have to ask you is, has Cotillion, as Dancer, come into contact with the Eres'al?
The reason I ask is because of the description of his face, as seen by Apsalar, and the cross hatching under one eye and then the marks left upon Trull Sengar after his run in with the Eres witch.
Which then leads to my next question, are the eres'al anscestors of the Imass?

I apologise in advance if this is in another thread, what can I say but first time poster.

Thanks.

#46 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 22 February 2003 - 04:34 AM

well, humans go through the Hood's Gate... but it's not mentioned what Hood does when they do that

----------------------------------------
everything I do crumbles into dust in my hands... runs down between my fingers to the tear-soaked floor... the curse of living is upon me
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#47 User is offline   Monok 

• Sergeant

Posted 14 February 2003 - 11:58 AM

Are there going to be any more breeds of demon/ new elder races?

--------------------------------
We who are about to die... don't want to

#48 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 11 February 2003 - 01:50 PM

Mr. Erikson.
How can Fener manifest himself now he is in the mortal realm? Where is he? Will we find out this in the next few books? How powerful is he now? Are you bored of my insessant questioing in this post, i know i certainly am?

Bow before thy master, the warlord of irregulars.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#49 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 07 May 2003 - 01:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anomander:
And on the subject of that mysterious man in the tower, that was Urko, brother to Cartheron Crust, who is a missing member of the old guard.

yes. who asked that?
read the book forums more, the archives too.

----------------------------------------
Hasta la victoria siempre!
Crown of the Deck of Dragons
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#50 Guest_The Shadowlord_*

Posted 26 August 2003 - 10:30 AM

Hi Mr. Erikson

A quick q: On Amazon.co.uk it mentions that the hardback won't be released till march 1st 2004 but the TPB will still be released December. Is this a typo, or is there some reason the publication of the HB has been delayed?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember, a Slake Moth is for life, not just for christmas.
China Miéville Forum

#51 User is offline   Chaos 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 15 July 2003 - 04:15 AM

Just a thanks for replying to your loyal fans, thanks for the most amazing of books and can't wait to read the up and coming titles Posted Image

oh and hoped you had a great time at the festival and that you've caught your breathPosted Image
now get back to work! Posted Image Posted Image

------------------------
"… Lost in a shadowy portal between two lights;
A place where bladed pain runs throughout all delights.
My soul is lost in the blissful, melancholy moment,
Wanting no fulfilment - just an everlasting instant …" - Mort

It's time..

#52 Guest_Ensign Truth_*

Posted 13 May 2003 - 09:10 AM

In yet another case of redundancy, I just have to say that Mr. Erikson, you are awesome. Your background as an Archaeologist and Historian has indeed made this series extraordinary, in a way, that most other authors cannot duplicate.

My question is this. I am not familiar with the British or Canadian grammar, so I am asking about the dialogue in the books where they are enclosed in single quotes. Is that the normal way it is written? When the books are released in the USA, will they be converted to double quotes? I admit, that was a little bit disconcerting in the beginning. Posted Image

Also, will the Korlat and WhiskeyJack love story be addressed in the future, if WhiskeyJack does indeed get resurrected?

Sincerely, An Asian-American fan of yours. B)

------------------------------
Love Conquers All

#53 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 03 February 2003 - 08:57 AM

Pointless question, but anyway...
Whats a four novella trilogy

Bow before thy master, the warlord of irregulars.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#54 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 29 January 2003 - 08:28 AM

One question from me. What, if anything, do you plan to write when you finish the Malazan series? I know there are still six books left but hey, it never hurts to look ahead! Posted Image

"You a bounty hunter?"
"A man's gotta do something to make a living these days."
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

#55 User is offline   stone monkey 

• I'm the baddest man alive and I don't plan to die...
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods

Posted 12 February 2004 - 03:02 AM

Small question (a questionette?): Are you going to re-write Gardens of the Moon to clear up the continuity conflicts it has with the rest of the series?

----------------
SuperFly TNT!
If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. If some one maintains that two and two are five, or that Iceland is on the equator, you feel pity rather than anger, unless you know so little of arithmetic or geography that his opinion shakes your own contrary conviction. … So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants. Bertrand Russell

#56 Guest_Jhag_*

Posted 15 February 2003 - 08:01 AM

I have a question about warrens. Im now
re-rereading GotM and I was wondering why Quick Ben didnt physically went into the warrens when he contacted Lock and when he went to Shadowthrone. Are you safer if you do it that way? Can you do things you otherwise wouldnt be able to do?

#57 User is offline   Anomander 

• Wielder of Dragnipur
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 17 March 2003 - 02:07 PM

Isn't he just a large boar I thought?

And so the First denied their Mother,
in their fury, and so were cast out,
doomed children of Mother Dark.
And so the First denied their Mother,
in their fury, and so were cast out,
doomed children of Mother Dark.

#58 Guest_MikeSal222_*

Posted 22 August 2003 - 07:39 PM

Yes indeed. I started a thread in the MT forum about how 162,000 seemed rather short for an Erikson novel, but now I've got egg on my face Posted Image. 262,000 words is very substantial (considering that "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix", a doorstopper in its own right, is 255,000 words). I love big, juicy novels.

#59 User is offline   Lady Atheilen 

• Emerging from the Warrens
  • Interests:Bullshitting (aka grad school), writing, music, theatre, food
  • The forum's original obnoxious baby sister.

Posted 06 April 2003 - 09:42 AM

Mr. Erikson:
I'm really sorry about this, but you knew it was coming.

Could you just clarify what we read on wotmania that the books will be published in 2004? Maybe tell us a bit more? Like, who might be publishing? Congrats, btw. Posted Image

I have a book-related question, too, btw.

We know that when it says 1139 in the prologue of HOC, it's a typo and is actually supposed to read 1159. That's when the Karsa story starts, but Onrack didn't seem to free Trull until after the story had gone forward in time. Is this a mistake, intentional, or am I just on crack?

Thanks a lot!
-Lady A

"All that breaks must be discarded, even as the thunder of faith returns ever fading echoes."-Anomandaris-Fisher Kel'Tath

#60 Guest_Pale Remnants_*

Posted 28 January 2003 - 02:54 AM

Thanks Steve. Good to know you're dropping in from time to time, and thanks for the good news on "Blood follows" along with the Midnight Tides update.

The Way Of The Exploding Fist

Share this topic:

• 20 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users