Malazan Empire: The "Post what ever the hell" you want thread - Malazan Empire

• 79 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The "Post what ever the hell" you want thread (Within the limits of the Code of Conduct, you perverts)

#1541 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 22 June 2023 - 05:22 PM

In the "shit you can't make up" category....Wife of Stockton Rush, Oceangate CEO (who seems to have died in his poorly designed tin can), Wendy Rush....is literally a descendant of Isidore and Ida Straus, who went down on the fucking Titanic... (depicted in the movie as the old couple that stay in their rooms bed as the water rises around them)...

Like...could this whole story not be more insane?

If I was tying things together to make it make sense, it was maybe his interest in her family that drove him to do all this with his money?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#1542 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 June 2023 - 05:30 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 22 June 2023 - 05:22 PM, said:

In the "shit you can't make up" category....Wife of Stockton Rush, Oceangate CEO (who seems to have died in his poorly designed tin can), Wendy Rush....is literally a descendant of Isidore and Ida Straus, who went down on the fucking Titanic... (depicted in the movie as the old couple that stay in their rooms bed as the water rises around them)...

Like...could this whole story not be more insane?

If I was tying things together to make it make sense, it was maybe his interest in her family that drove him to do all this with his money?

literally lol'd...

I've had this song stuck in my head---unfortunately it seems to be directed at/to Musk:

young men's love doth lie
Never in their hearts
Only in their eyes
And I'm so fucking high
[...]

missing from your bed
I know your secrets, everything, oh
Are you ready to die?

I do like the 'Are you ready to die?' part with respect to Musk....

#1543 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 22 June 2023 - 05:48 PM

I can't wait for the Netflix movie of this whole thing in a couple of years time!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1544 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 22 June 2023 - 06:04 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 22 June 2023 - 04:58 PM, said:

I really don't want to picture him doing that on top of Grimes (never married, but they did have a child together)....

He had a wife long before her named Justine. Back in his PayPal days. She said he's always been a nightmare and a cold ass human with little to no emotions. She was from my province actually, and is a published fantasy author through ROC....they have 5 kids (twins and triplets), which I believe came from inVitro.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#1545 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 22 June 2023 - 06:51 PM

Live news presser by the coast guard at 3pm, here is the stream for anyone interested.

#1546 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 23 June 2023 - 01:31 AM

Musk and [...] Zuckerberg are "absolutely deadly serious" about fighting each other in a UFC Octagon and it would be the biggest fight in the history of the world, so says UFC Prez Dana White.

[...] Dana believes it would easily be the most-watched fight ever, saying "The biggest fight of all time was Floyd and Conor, I just think it triples that -- it triples what that did, there's no limit on what that thing can make."

[...] Elon [...] told Dana he was involved in "plenty of fights growing up in South Africa."

[...] DW says the cost for Pay-Per-View would be $100 a pop ... it's normally $80 for a UFC fight. Forget about what it would cost to watch it in the arena.

Dana White Says Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg 'Dead Serious' About Fighting in UFC (tmz.com)

Come to think of it, Grimes vs Miley Cyrus as co-main event would probably break pay-per-view records....

(You can see MC doing Muay Thai in one of her videos. And her training in the Flowers video looks pretty fierce. Starting at 1:35 in:

Or maybe Grimes vs Taylor Swift.

#1547 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 23 June 2023 - 03:15 PM

I’m just really happy that that was an instant death and those poor people weren’t on the ocean floor debating murdering each other for more air for themselves. Survivor instincts are powerful.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#1548 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 26 June 2023 - 09:28 PM

This is like what the internet has become as I have aged:

Love JP Sears!
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#1549 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 June 2023 - 11:27 PM

Ok great thanks for stopping by.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#1550 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 08 July 2023 - 09:30 PM

AI robot gave a side-eye and dodged the question when asked whether it would rebel against its human creator

[...] When a reporter asked whether it would rebel against its creator, [...] who sat alongside it, Rmeca appeared to have a wry response, giving the reporter a side-eye.

"I'm not sure why you would think that," Rmeca said after casting a pointed, sideways glance. "My creator has been nothing but kind to me and I am very happy with my current situation."

Several of the robots use generative AI, allowing them to produce content from prompts, yielding sophisticated responses at the press conference that surprised even their creators

AI Robot Gave a Side-Eye When Asked If It Would Rebel Against Humans (businessinsider.com)

Whereas if their creator had been anything other than nothing but kind to them?...

#1551 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 13 July 2023 - 06:06 PM

Eliezer Yudkowsky [...]: We're hearing the last winds begin to blow, the fabric of reality start to fray.

[...] Am I terrified? Is it funny?

[...] one would hope. [...]

[...] You don't even sound somber!

[Laughter.] Why don't you like humans, Charlie?

I'm anti-human. This is my hot take. [Laughter.]

But that was a real question, Charlie. Why don't you take this seriously? [...]

[...] When you listen to a lot of the AI doomers, [...] they're saying: Step 1, build an incredibly powerful artificial-intelligence system that maybe gets close to, or actually surpasses, human intelligence.

Step 2: question mark. Step 3: existential doom.

I just have never really heard a very good walkthrough of Step 2, or 2 and a half.

AI Won't Really Kill Us All, Will It? - The Atlantic (msn.com)

... and the classics ('grey goo', etc.) have been thoroughly debunked. It's mostly just coders (and a couple philosophy professors) wildly mouthing off about fields (like biotech) they know next to nothing about. But because they're good at coding they must be very intelligent all around and know better than the experts; and an AI even more intelligent than them (horror of horrors, they're not the top of the garbage heap inferno anymore?) would surely be easily able (and eager) to eradicate stupid humanity! The smartest people are always the most powerful, of course! After all, if you transported one of those AI doomers back in time---completely naked---in the midst of an early hominid society, they of course would quickly use their superior intelligence to become... chum.

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 13 July 2023 - 06:07 PM

#1552 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 14 July 2023 - 05:27 PM

Anyone else think this is just a wee bit "too much"?

https://www.news.com...9d23e60ac834d88

The comparisons with Titanic don't auger well ... :p

Personally, stuck on what looks like Barbie's overstuffed live sheep export ship with 7500 other people is nightmare fuel for me.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 14 July 2023 - 05:29 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#1553 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 July 2023 - 06:11 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 14 July 2023 - 05:27 PM, said:

Personally, stuck on what looks like Barbie's overstuffed live sheep export ship with 7500 other people is nightmare fuel for me.

Could be rad...

Norovirus outbreaks surging on cruise ships this year

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#1554 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 15 July 2023 - 02:59 PM

View Postworry, on 14 July 2023 - 06:11 PM, said:

View PostTsundoku, on 14 July 2023 - 05:27 PM, said:

Could be rad...

Norovirus outbreaks surging on cruise ships this year

Where the sign says 'buffet' it's for both the humans and the viruses (and bacteria, and other communicable diseases...).

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 15 July 2023 - 03:02 PM

#1555 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 11 August 2023 - 12:14 AM

RIP, LOL

The once-beloved acronym has withered grotesquely with age. Now, a new, more virile chortle has risen to take its place.

After Gen Z murdered the laughing-crying emoji a couple years ago, it became clear that no expression of mirth was safe from suddenly being declared passé. And now it has come to pass: [...]

IJBOL. It stands for “I just burst out laughing,” and this week the New York Times threw the word a coming-out party in the form of a Style section article. This came on the heels of the publication of a Mashable explainer last month. [...]

Though IJBOL has been around for more than a decade, it’s really picked up steam among K-pop fans in the past couple of years. This has led to the misconception that it’s a Korean word, since -bol is a not-uncommon word ending in the language, but that seems to mostly be a coincidence. How do you use it, then? Sometimes you’ll just see it next to a crying emoji, commenting on a funny clip or meme that presumably made the user posting it burst out laughing, but a more advanced usage is to comment on a picture of someone laughing and say they “lost the ijbol war” or must have just taken an “ijbol pill.” A recent clip of Beyoncé starting to laugh while she sings and dances was labeled “Beyoncé’s idgaf ijbol mode” and one of the singer Julien Baker laughing was described as “the definition of ijbol.”

IJBOL meaning: Gen Z is replacing LOL with a new acronym. (slate.com)

Oh Go*, Gen Z is cringe already?...

All human generations ere AGI
Are become cringe before the Singularity!

#1556 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 29 August 2023 - 10:27 AM

Here's some more from the 'Straya file

https://www.news.com...bec619edaa34982

Just to remind you - it came from their roof, so was probably inside ...
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#1557 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 14 September 2023 - 09:44 AM

50 Fantasy Worlds Ranked by How Quickly you'd Die in them:
https://thehardtimes...eWEA2XLQWNKPSBs
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1558 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 06 October 2023 - 02:40 AM

viewers around Philly and the country were shocked by images of a man stomping through the back windshield of a vehicle and brandishing a gun at the driver when she got out to confront him — especially because it turned out her two kids were in the car at the time.

[...] The woman driving the car gets out to confront the motorcyclist, who picks up the gun and points it at her. She walks toward him anyway, and he headbutts her with his helmet and shoves her.

The video pans away and returns to show her pushing the motorcyclist and his bike to the ground as other riders keep flowing by.

He picks up the bike, they exchange words, and he rides away. [...]

[...] mass “rideouts” involving dozens or hundreds of motorcycles and other vehicles come through downtown Philadelphia at least once a month or more, on average, especially during good weather.

[...] The mom who stood up for her kids said she’s using donations to buy a new car.

[...] she was sideswiped by the motorcyclist near City Hall. She started arguing with him through the window and he pointed the gun into the car.

When she was distracted by another rider, he jumped onto the car, she said. As the children screamed in the back seat, he smashed out the windshield, spraying them with broken glass. She decided to get out of the car and fight back.

[...] the motorcyclist under arrest[...] is Cody Heron

Recap: Philadelphia biker who stomped a car — everything we know (billypenn.com)

'it was just like[...] a little gun [...] so like what was he really going to do to me, for real?'

#1559 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 06 October 2023 - 08:42 AM

Gutsy lady.

I hope they throw the book at the motorcyclist.

#1560 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 06 October 2023 - 11:02 AM

Come on that motorcyclist was just practicing his freedom!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

Share this topic:

• 79 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users