• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mass Effect 3 First trailer

#41 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:28 PM

I didn't so much save the Council as rescue the Destiny Ascension.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#42 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:41 PM

I'm holding out for an appearance from the Hanar Spectre.

This post has been edited by Dolorous Menhir: 03 January 2011 - 06:41 PM

#43 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:04 PM

Pfft, Blasto wouldn't just be easy mode, it'd be game-plays-itself really-long-movie mode. Like FFXIII except with decent everything instead of just decent graphics.

This post has been edited by Illuyankas: 03 January 2011 - 08:04 PM

Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#44 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:07 PM

It would be difficult to make the Rachni central to the conclusion, given that Renegade players would have destroyed them and the ME2 default scenario states you killed the queen. More likely that any impact the Rachni have will be limited to a minor bonus for players who've kept a "saved the queen" save going throughout the series.

I hope so, I'm pretty proud of sparing her. As long as it doesn't turn out to be a serious mistake.

This post has been edited by Dolorous Menhir: 04 January 2011 - 07:08 PM

#45 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:05 PM

For everyone waiting for ME3:

ATTN Mass Effect fans, BioWare has today revealed the details of the final bit of DLC for Mass Effect 2. As suspected, the DLC is entitled ‘Arrival’ and will bridge the gap between ME2 and the highly-anticipated Mass Effect 3 as Commander Shepard is sent to the edge of the galaxy to rescue an undercover operative who may have evidence of an imminent Reaper invasion that has been looming since the very beginning of the series. Returning and playing a prominent role in Mass Effect: Arrival is fan favorite Admiral Hackett, who is voiced by legendary science-fiction actor Lance Henriksen (Alien, Terminator).

I loved ME2, and can't wait for some good extra of this episode!

#46 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:14 PM

ADMIRAL BADASS (also known as Admiral Only-Effective-Guy-Here)

#47 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

• Knight of High House Dark
  • Interests:Internets?

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:06 AM

Arghhh! I've still got to play mass effect 1 and 2!! >< I was a bit iffy because I'm not to keen on sci-fi genre's but the more I hear and the more I see of these games, makes me want to play it. Might aswell start from the start and learn the whole story before 3 comes out! I need to pause time so I can catch up on all the games :)
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived."
— Anomander Rake

#48 User is offline   Zenfighter13 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Reading, swimming, tennis, Xbox and a little bit of writing

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:12 AM

It would be funny (for about a second before I went on a killing spree) if the Rachni and the geth both get turned against you in the final battle (you know the one where u get a stupidly huge fleet to fight another stupidly huge fleet that will look amazing (and if it doesn't many innocents will die) and there are a lot more thing like that, that basicaly screw you over for being paragon (which I was)

PS I have no real intention of killing anyone (at lest not yet anyway lol. It's just Irish humour. It has gotten people arrested before.

#49 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:32 AM

I worte an article summing up what we know about ME3 so far. Take a look if your interested.

http://thetechduel.w...fect-3-preview/

#50 User is offline   King Bear 

• Furry
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:04 AM

Started ME2. The verdict is good so far!

#51 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:36 AM

He is Keanu Reeves I give you Commander Shepherd!

http://www.youtube.c...bed/UMYM6rmRUUM
Mass effect 3 - Fallen Earth
http://www.youtube.c...bed/Of8bi3lU-Os
Mass Effect 3 - Reaper Base Gameplay
http://www.youtube.c...bed/OcpJgtXP7ew
Mass Effect 3-Kinect controls

http://www.xboxgamin...ition-revealed/

This post has been edited by Cause: 07 June 2011 - 09:39 AM

#52 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

• Knight of High House Dark
  • Interests:Internets?

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:00 PM

View PostQuick Ben, on 06 June 2011 - 09:04 AM, said:

Same here, finished ME1 a few weeks ago. started ME2 and it is pretty sweet! some parts of game play seem simplified, but its very stream line and works well! battle mechanics seem faster and more engaging. looking forward to ME3 e3 clips look pretty impressive so far.
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived."
— Anomander Rake

#53 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:31 PM

Renegade Shep isn't evil. He's a means to an end guy. Or, are we to believe the stories, an ideal specter. A paragon Shep seems more like the ideal alliance soldier on the other hand.

To be honest, I found the pure renegade Shepard to be a much more believable Shep than the pure Paragon one in connection to saving the galaxy and all that. In practice I wonder how plausible it is to be able to make the right choices while simultaneously always doing right by those around you.

A pure renegade Shepard cares naught for that which is not connected to the mission and his interest in his team is limited to their combat efficiency. A pure paragon on the other hand will help those in need even if it interferes with the mission. In fact, the mission seem to come second to concern for the lives of the crew and especially the team. Considering the stakes I'd be more comfortable with the Renegade saving the galaxy than the Paragon.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#54 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:52 AM

Playing through as paragon gives you most of the side-action. Playing through as renegade is WAY more satisfying, because you can basically say "No, I can't help you find your lost puppy. I am a goddamned spectre." And "I AM ABOVE THE LAW <gunshot>".
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#55 User is offline   Zenfighter13 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Reading, swimming, tennis, Xbox and a little bit of writing

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:40 PM

A couple of things we know from the trailers and other sources

1. Reapers invade earth
2. Mordin is apparently working on either 1) a cure for the genophage 2) a cure for the new reaper virus (like the one on omaga when you first meet him) or 3) both
3. The geth have/had built base for the Reapers (geth blast shield in Reaper base vid)
4. Gartering resources will be similar to the Firewalker expansion
5. Cerberous hate you and are apparently allied with the Reapers

Hope this helped.

#56 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:08 AM

Also, I came across a third mention of Dark Energy on my recent Renegade play through. When on Illium you're asked by that agent you met on Noveria in ME1 to help expose an Asari smuggler. When finished you can have a conversation with her in which she mentions how her corporate bosses have become very interested in Dark Energy. I must've missed that previously.

Now, I think Dark Energy combined with the Shadow Broker's interest in the Proteans (not in any way a relevant spoiler for the Shadow Broker dlc) gives a big clue as to what one of the main missions will be for ME3. As Liara mentions, perhaps the Proteans had more than one plan. One for destroying the Reapers by somehow utilizing their connection to Dark Energy, and another in the project on Ilos in case the first one failed.

Additionally, I'm pleased that the ME3 trailers seem to show that you'll retain the companions that survived in ME2 as part of your team in ME3. It would've been sad for Garrus not to take part in the final battle after killing Saren in 1 and leading the second team during the Suicide Mission in 2.

On another note, I think the dlc options in ME2 is how one should utilize that sort of thing in every game. Apart from their decision to take money for the Katsumi dlc after having promised not to do so.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#57 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:19 AM

View PostSammehmander Rake, on 10 June 2011 - 01:00 PM, said:

View PostQuick Ben, on 06 June 2011 - 09:04 AM, said:

Same here, finished ME1 a few weeks ago. started ME2 and it is pretty sweet! some parts of game play seem simplified, but its very stream line and works well! battle mechanics seem faster and more engaging. looking forward to ME3 e3 clips look pretty impressive so far.

The one thing I've noticed with ME2 is that the character movement (i.e. walking, etc) is waaaay less smooth. In ME1, when you changed direction, Shepard would actually execute a turn, in ME2, you just essentially immediately (1 frame) jerk to the side.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#58 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:53 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 14 June 2011 - 06:08 AM, said:

Also, I came across a third mention of Dark Energy on my recent Renegade play through. When on Illium you're asked by that agent you met on Noveria in ME1 to help expose an Asari smuggler. When finished you can have a conversation with her in which she mentions how her corporate bosses have become very interested in Dark Energy. I must've missed that previously.

Now, I think Dark Energy combined with the Shadow Broker's interest in the Proteans (not in any way a relevant spoiler for the Shadow Broker dlc) gives a big clue as to what one of the main missions will be for ME3. As Liara mentions, perhaps the Proteans had more than one plan. One for destroying the Reapers by somehow utilizing their connection to Dark Energy, and another in the project on Ilos in case the first one failed.

Additionally, I'm pleased that the ME3 trailers seem to show that you'll retain the companions that survived in ME2 as part of your team in ME3. It would've been sad for Garrus not to take part in the final battle after killing Saren in 1 and leading the second team during the Suicide Mission in 2.

On another note, I think the dlc options in ME2 is how one should utilize that sort of thing in every game. Apart from their decision to take money for the Katsumi dlc after having promised not to do so.

Dont get me started on Katsumi! I have earned every trophy and achievement except for earning the loyalty of the thief, which I cant since I have not bought it, and the game denies me my completion award. I finished the game on insanity so I could have at least one game I completed fully and Microsoft and EA hit me with this cheap marketing ploy.

#59 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:19 AM

I have all ME2 achievements. I have a very sad life. ;]

And something is definately on with dark energy or matter or w/e that was. See: Haestrom.

As for movement in ME2... well. It could make sense. Shepard just spent 2 years dead, and half his body mass now is cybernetic implants. Bound to be a bit sore, I think.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#60 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:58 PM

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer.

Has the potential of awesome.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vWaANoSZSzE :rofl:

This post has been edited by Slow Ben: 16 October 2011 - 01:58 PM

I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users