• You cannot reply to this topic

Mass Effect 3 First trailer

#1 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:47 PM

Posted 2 days ago, but I missed it at first:

Trailer at Game Trailers

I just finished Mass Effect 2, I just loved ME1 en 2.

#2 User is offline   PizzaBread 

• Recruit

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:13 PM

View PostAvatar, on 13 December 2010 - 12:47 PM, said:

Posted 2 days ago, but I missed it at first:

Trailer at Game Trailers

I just finished Mass Effect 2, I just loved ME1 en 2.

Same here. Just finished mass effect 2 loveed it, even went so far as to get the dlc. Trailer is a right tease. Big question for me is what big man thane is up to. Hope to see more trailers soon

#3 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:27 PM

Thane will probably either be busy with his son, or busy being dead from his disease.

I'm wondering how the hell is Shepard going to repel a fleet of Reapers.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#4 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:56 PM

He's going to ram Normandys III through LXXII into them.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#5 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:29 PM

Obviously he will get every race he has ever even spoken to to commit their entire fleet to saving earth and destroying the reapers!

#6 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:34 PM

They need Marvin from Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy to have a word with the Reapers. They'll stop seeing the point in it all and go and be depressed somewhere in the corner of the galaxy.
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#7 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:58 PM

Yeah well they're already busy bumfucking London in the teaser trailer. Shepard would have to make some good time across the galaxy to rally people to save Earth in time...
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#8 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:03 PM

London will be toast apparently. Can I borrow someone's time machine please? I need to play this now.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#9 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:34 PM

I am... worried about this game.

It seems like the first two games were chugging along at a leisurely pace and then suddenly... BAM! EARTH IS INVADED! THE WORLD IS BURNING! WHAT NOW!??! It seems like a very sudden jump in plot development.

I swear, if they pull some crap about an ancient Deus Ex Machina Mass Effect Dohicky being hidden on Earth for 50,000 years and that is why the Reapers are after Earth, I will travel to Biowares HQ and kick somebody in the balls.

#10 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:06 PM

View PostJenisapt Rul, on 13 December 2010 - 07:34 PM, said:

I swear, if they pull some crap about an ancient Deus Ex Machina Mass Effect Dohicky being hidden on Earth for 50,000 years and that is why the Reapers are after Earth, I will travel to Biowares HQ and kick somebody in the balls.

Shotgun!
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#11 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:43 AM

Just because the trailer starts like that does not mean the game will. Could be they knoew earth will be hit soon and shepard starts gathering support long before they reach earth. Not in time to beat the reapers but close enough after to make a difference. As for why they are attacking earth, I imagine its because they want the best genetic material for new reapers just as before. Shepard has beat them twice! They got to think humans are special.

#12 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:56 AM

View PostJenisapt Rul, on 13 December 2010 - 07:34 PM, said:

I am... worried about this game.

It seems like the first two games were chugging along at a leisurely pace and then suddenly... BAM! EARTH IS INVADED! THE WORLD IS BURNING! WHAT NOW!??! It seems like a very sudden jump in plot development.

Well, at the end of ME2 we saw that the reapers were keen on a human-style Reaper, but some nob decided to destroy their work in progress and ruin their carefully cultivated stock of human DNA-slush. I can see why they'd be looking for the biggest stock of replacement human DNA, even if most of it is still inconsiderately walking around on two legs.
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#13 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:01 AM

Either that, or they decided that humans are too dangerous to be left to their own devices any more than they already have. Perhaps this now might be a matter of survival for them.

#14 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:29 AM

The Reapers might be attacking Earth as payback for what Shepard did. Or, and this would be fun/scary, their blitzkrieg is hitting all over the galaxy and the trailer showed us Earth because as it's the place we live on we'll get the picture faster than if it was the Elcor homeworld. I hope they won't use McGuffin to save the day ..... unless it's done in such an epic and mind blowing way that I won't care.

#15 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:42 AM

Same here. Just finished mass effect 2 loveed it, even went so far as to get the dlc. Trailer is a right tease. Big question for me is what big man thane is up to. Hope to see more trailers soon

Do you expect that Thane will play a big role in the next game or did you love the carachter in ME2?

The Reapers might be attacking Earth as payback for what Shepard did.

Reaper intel reported 90+ yr old grandmother of Shepard living at Liverpool street.

#16 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:03 AM

I sacrificed Thane in ME2 and later found out I didn't have to. Thane died needlessly. Forgive me, Krios!

#17 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:36 AM

By payback, I meant: You killed Sovereign and our human Reaper. Well guess what, say good bye to Earth meatbag!

#18 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:52 PM

Shephard!!!

#19 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:32 PM

Wrex?

#20 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:37 PM

Attached File  ShepardWrex.jpg (150.64K)
Number of downloads: 1

Attached File  WrexShepard.jpg (106.38K)
Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  SICK-NASTY.png (586.98K)
Number of downloads: 1

EDIT: ME1 Code Abuse? Don't mind if I do!

This post has been edited by Illuyankas: 19 December 2010 - 09:58 PM

Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users